(2019 Guide) How to Renew PRC ID Online
All Filipino professionals are required to renew their Professional Identification Card or PRC ID in order to legally continue practicing their professions. Recently, however, the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) has required applicants to apply for license renewal and to set an appointment online.
Below is a step-by-step guide to help you understand the online renewal and online appointment process related to PRC ID renewals in the Philippines.
About the CPD Requirements
First things first: before you apply for renewal of your Professional ID (PID), take note that the PRC will be checking for CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credit units as a prerequisite for renewal.
The good news, though, is that the PRC is not yet strict in implementing the CPD requirement. In fact, the PRC officially announced in December 2018 that “renewal of Professional Identification Card (PIC) without full CPD Compliance is accepted until December 2020.”
This means that for the years 2019 until December 2020, all applicants wishing to renew their PRC IDs are not mandated to fully comply yet with the required CPD units. The only requirement, for now, is “an undertaking to complete the required CPD credit units for the next compliance period.”
Simply speaking, you will be allowed to renew your PRC ID, even if you haven’t met the required CPD credit units, as long as you submit an Affidavit of Undertaking.
Looking for an Affidavit of Undertaking template? You may download here a sample Certificate or Affidavit of Undertaking for CPD Units. The new PRC ID Renewal Application Form appears to already have an “Undertaking” section so you might not need to submit a separate certificate anymore.
Take note that the PRC ID is valid for three years, renewable on your birth month. Applicants may renew their PRC ID prior to expiration date. Doing so will not lose the one (1) year validity as a result of early renewal, according to the PRC.
It’s nice that the PRC now offers online renewal application but, unfortunately, you will still need to visit a PRC office to personally submit all required documents. To do this, you will have to schedule your Online Appointment details. To jump to the “PRC Online Appointment” steps, skip to Step #8 below.
For the step-by-step guide on registration, account creation, and renewal application of PRC ID, start with Step #1 below.
PRC ID Online Renewal: Step-by-Step Guide
Step 1. Go to the official PRC online renewal and application website at https://online.prc.gov.ph. Please note that in some cases, the website will be down and under maintenance, but simply come back at a different time to access the website.
If you previously used and created an account at PRC’s other website at www.prc-online.com, please note that user accounts created there are no longer active. All applicants must register a different account at the new PRC LERIS (Licensure Examination and Registration Information System) website at https://online.prc.gov.ph.
For first-time users, you need to register first. If you have already registered, just login to your account then skip to Step #8 below.
PRC Online Registration Steps
Step 2. First-time users need to register and complete their profile. Make sure you have the following information before you begin:
- A valid e-mail address (with password)
- A working mobile or cellphone number
- Personal data (including date of your graduation)
- Soft copy of ID photo, saved in .jpg format on a computer, phone or tablet. The photo should also be 2×2 in size, in plain white background; taken no more than 6 months prior to PRC ID renewal; and the applicant must wear decent attire WITH COLLAR in the photo.
Step 3. To register and create a new account:
- Click the “REGISTER” tab on the right-hand sidebar of the homepage.
- Scroll below to view the entire Terms of Service.
- Click on the green “ACCEPT” button.
- Fill out all required information as printed on your Notice of Admission or Professional Identification Card.
- Once completed, check the “I’m not a robot” CAPTCHA then click the green “REGISTER” button.
Step 4. Once you have finished registration, log in by clicking the “SIGN IN” tab. Enter your Email Address and Password, then click the “SIGN IN” button.
Step 5. Once signed in, create your Profile by filling out and completing the form. Correctly input all required information, including your personal details, address, telephone and cellphone numbers, you mother’s and father’s details, degree course, school graduated from, and date of graduation, among others.
Step 6. After completing your Profile, click the “SAVE INFORMATION” button.
Step 7. You are required to upload a good quality ID photo. If your photo is rejected, your application will be disapproved, so make sure the photo you will upload must comply with the following:
- 2×2 in size;
- In plain white background;
- Applicant must wear decent attire with collar in the photo;
- Applicant should not be wearing eyeglasses in the photo;
- Ears of the applicant should not be covered; and
- Photo should have been taken no more than 6 months prior to PRC ID renewal.
PRC ID Renewal Steps
Step 8. To renew your PRC ID, make sure you’re logged in to your PRC account then click the “TRANSACTION” button located at the top-right portion of the page.
Step 9. In the “Select Transaction” section, click the “RENEWAL” tab, then choose your “Profession” from the drop-down menu then input your PRC License ID Number. Next, click the “Proceed” button.
Step 10. In the succeeding “Online Appointment” page, select the PRC Office (from the drop-down menu) where you wish to apply for renewal. You will then be given a tentative Appointment Date and Time. If you wish to reschedule, just click the “Reschedule?” button and select a new Appointment Date.
Step 11. You will also be shown the total amount you need to pay for the processing of your ID renewal. To proceed with payment, click the “Proceed” button then choose your preferred Payment Method. You may pay to the PRC-Cashier of the PRC office where you will submit your documents or online instantly through your Landbank savings account.
Step 12. If you are paying online via your Landbank ATM, make sure you ready the following since you will have to input these numbers to process your payment:
- Landbank of the Philippines (LBP) Savings Account Number – your 10 digit bank account number
- Joint Account Indicator (JAI) – usually this is the number “0” if the account is owned by a single person or individual or either the number “1” or “2” if it is a joint account
- PIN number – you will have to input your PIN by pressing the numbers buttons in the PIN Pad
Step 13. Once you’re sure you’ve inputted everything correctly, click “Submit” to proceed with payment. Take note that this action is irreversible, which means your Landbank account will automatically be debited once you clicked “Submit”. If the payment is successful, you will see this confirmation below.
Step 14. To print your Payment Details, go back to the “Profile” page, click “Existing Transactions”, then click the “Payment Details” button. You will then see the “Payment Confirmation” form. Click the “Print” button to print the payment details form.
Step 15. Finally, on your Appointment Date and Time, proceed to the PRC Office and bring your signed Renewal Application Form, printed Payment Confirmation form, and other documents that may be required by the PRC.
That’s it! On your Appointment date, you’ll be able to get your new PRC ID card! Congrats!
Other related information you’ll find useful:?
- (UPDATED) PRC Verification of Rating: How to Check your Board Exam Score
- Certificate or Affidavit of Undertaking for CPD Units (Sample Form Download)
- PRC Board Exam Results and Room Assignments
View Related Posts