PRC Online Appointment & Exam Application (2019)
Are you planning to take the board exam?
You may register online using the PRC Online Appointment System in order to apply for the professional licensure exam quickly and conveniently. Follow our step-by-step guide below on how to use the PRC Exam Application and Appointment System.
In the past years, examinees taking a licensure exam were required to visit a PRC satellite or regional office and to line up for several hours in order to apply. At present, thanks to the new system of the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC), it is now possible to submit your exam application online.
This a welcome development, of course, but one downside of PRC’s current registration system is that applicants are still required to physically visit a PRC office. Yup, unfortunately, you still have to visit the PRC to submit all required documents. But the good news is, the lining up and waiting hours have been reduced because you can now choose your preferred schedule and visit PRC at a pre-determined appointment date and time!
Here’s a handy guide on how to use the PRC Online Appointment System in order to register for the board exam and to secure your appointment date.
PRC Board Exam Application Requirements
First things first: even though the application may now be submitted online, examinees are still required to print the documents (from the PRC application system) and to bring these and other requirements when visiting a PRC office during the scheduled appointment.
The complete list of application requirements varies depending on the Professional Board in charge of the licensure exam, but the usual documentary requirements are as follows:
- 1. Filled-out Application Form (to be printed from the PRC exam application online system);
- 2. Transcript of Records (TOR) with scanned picture and with remarks “For Board Examination purposes only”;
- 3. PSA / NSO Birth Certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA), formerly National Statistics Office (NSO);
- 4. PSA / NSO Marriage Certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA), formerly National Statistics Office (NSO) – only for married women applicants;
- 5. Valid NBI Clearance – required for some licensure exams, not all
If you are ready to apply, check out our step-by-step guide below on how to use the PRC Board Exam Application and Online Appointment System.
PRC Online Appointment to Apply for Board Exam
Step 1. Visit the PRC online appointment website at https://online.prc.gov.ph. Please note that in some cases, the website may be inaccessible and under maintenance, but simply come back at a different time to access the website. An alternative but official mirror site that you can access, if the above link does not work, is http://online1.prc.gov.ph.
If you previously used and created an account at PRC’s other website at www.prc-online.com, please note that user accounts created there are no longer usable. The PRC now requires applicants to register a different account at the new PRC LERIS (Licensure Examination and Registration Information System) website mentioned above at Step #1.
For first-time users, you need to register and open a new PRC account first. If you have already registered with an existing and valid account, just login then go directly to Step #8 below.
How to Register a New PRC Account
Step 2. First-time users need to register and complete their profile. (If you already have an existing account, skip to Step #8 below.) Make sure you have the following information before you begin:
- A valid e-mail address (with password)
- A working mobile or cellphone number
- Personal data (including date of your graduation)
- Soft copy of ID photo, saved in .jpg format on a computer, phone or tablet. The photo should also be 2×2 in size, in plain white background; taken no more than 6 months prior to PRC ID renewal; and the applicant must wear decent attire WITH COLLAR in the photo.
Step 3. To register and create a new account:
- Click the “REGISTER” tab on the right-hand sidebar of the homepage.
- Scroll below to view the entire Terms of Service.
- Click on the green “ACCEPT” button.
- Fill out all required information as printed on your Notice of Admission or Professional Identification Card.
- Once completed, check the “I’m not a robot” CAPTCHA then click the green “REGISTER” button.
Step 4. Once you have finished registration, log in by clicking the “SIGN IN” tab. Enter your Email Address and Password, then click the “SIGN IN” button.
Step 5. Once signed in, create your Profile by filling out and completing the form. Correctly input all required information, including your personal details, address, telephone and cellphone numbers, you mother’s and father’s details, degree course, school graduated from, and date of graduation, among others.
Step 6. After completing your Profile, click the “SAVE INFORMATION” button.
Step 7. You are required to upload a good quality ID photo. If your photo is rejected, your application will be disapproved, so make sure the photo you will upload must comply with the following:
- 2×2 in size;
- In plain white background;
- Applicant must wear decent attire with collar in the photo;
- Applicant should not be wearing eyeglasses in the photo;
- Ears of the applicant should not be covered; and
- Photo should have been taken no more than 6 months prior to PRC ID renewal.
How to Submit Online Application for Board Exam
Step 8. To register for the board exam, make sure you’re logged in to your PRC account then click the “TRANSACTION” button which you can find at the top-right portion of the page.
Step 9. In the “Select Transaction” section, click the “EXAMINATION” tab located at the left-most portion. Choose the relevant exam details from the drop-down menu, such as the “Name of Examination” (what board exam you will be taking), “Examination Type”, “Date of Examination” and “Place of Examination”. Click the “Proceed” button for the next step.
Step 10. In the succeeding “Online Appointment” page, from the drop-down menu, choose the PRC Office that you plan to visit to submit your application. Once you have chosen your preferred location, you will be shown a preliminary Appointment Date and Time. If the appointment details are OK with you, click the “Proceed” button at the bottom. However, if you don’t like the given details, you may look for a different appointment date and time just by clicking the “Reschedule?” button. Select a new Appointment Date and Time, then click “Proceed”.
Step 11. You will then be shown the total amount you need to pay for the processing of your board exam application. To proceed with payment, choose your preferred Payment Method then click “Submit”. You may opt to pay at the “PRC-Cashier” of the PRC office where you will submit your documents or online instantly via your Landbank savings account.
Step 12. If you will pay using Landbank, make sure you prepare the following beforehand:
- Landbank of the Philippines (LBP) Savings Account Number – your 10 digit bank account number
- Joint Account Indicator (JAI) – usually this is the number “0” if the account is owned by a single person or individual or either the number “1” or “2” if it is a joint account
- PIN number – you will have to input your PIN by pressing the numbers in the PIN Pad
Step 13. Make sure you input correctly your Landbank savings account number, JAI number, and PIN. Click “Submit” to proceed with payment. Take note that this action is irreversible, which means your savings account will be automatically deducted the payment amount once you clicked “Submit”. If the payment is successful, you will see this confirmation below.
Step 14. You must print the Payment Confirmation form so click the “Go back to Profile” button, click “Existing Transactions”, then click the “Payment Details” button. You will then see the “Payment Confirmation” form. Click the “Print” button to print the payment details form.
Step 15. Also print your Exam Application form. Then on your Appointment Date and Time, visit the PRC Office to submit your signed Application Form, printed Payment Confirmation form, and other required documents for your licensure exam.
That’s it! If there is no problem with your application, you will be issued a Notice of Admission or NOA which you must keep and bring with you on the day of the board exam. Good luck on the exam!
Other related information you’ll find useful:
- How to Renew your PRC ID Online
- PRC Registration for New Board Exam Passers
- Verification of Rating: How to Check your Board Exam Score
- PRC Board Exam Results and Room Assignments
View Related Posts