Yay, you passed the board exam — congratulations!
Now, for you to be officially recognized as a licensed professional, you will need to register with the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) to receive your professional license. This application step is called “Initial Registration” and is intended for successful board exam passers to be registered with the PRC, be assigned a unique license number, and receive a PRC ID card.
The good news is that you can now apply for “Initial Registration” online. But what are the requirements to apply to get a PRC license? Do you still need to visit the PRC to submit all documents or is it possible to do it online? Where should the processing fee be paid?
All these are answered below in our step-by-step Online Registration guide for new board exam passers. Just follow these 5 easy steps!
PRC Registration for New Board Exam Passers
Step 1. Open an account with PRC Online
First, you’ll need to sign up and open a new account at the PRC LERIS website (Licensure Examination and Registration Information System). The website URL is https://online.prc.gov.ph.
Please note that in some cases, the website may be down and inaccessible because of high website traffic, but simply come back at a different time to try accessing it again. Alternatively, you may also try visiting these other PRC LERIS mirror sites. Don’t worry, these are all official websites of the PRC:
– PRC LERIS alternative site #1: https://online1.prc.gov.ph
– PRC LERIS alternative site #2: https://online2.prc.gov.ph
Below is a screenshot of the homepage of the official PRC LERIS (Licensure Examination and Registration Information System).
First-time users need to register an account and complete their profile. To begin registration, prepare the following information:
- A valid e-mail address (with password)
- A working mobile or cellphone number
- Personal data (including date of your graduation)
- Soft copy of ID photo, saved in .jpg format on a computer, phone or tablet. The photo should also be 2×2 in size, in plain white background; taken no more than 6 months prior to PRC ID renewal; and the applicant must wear decent attire with collar in the photo.
To create a new account, follow these steps:
- Click the “REGISTER” tab on the right-hand sidebar of the homepage (see screenshot below).
- Scroll below to view the entire Terms of Service.
- Click on the green “ACCEPT” button.
- Fill out all required information as printed on your Notice of Admission or Professional Identification Card.
- Once completed, check the “I’m not a robot” CAPTCHA then click the green “REGISTER” button.
Once you have finished registration, log in by clicking the “SIGN IN” tab. Enter your Email Address and Password, then click the “SIGN IN” button.
Once signed in, create your Profile by completing the form. Correctly input all required information, including your personal details, address, telephone and cellphone numbers, you mother’s and father’s details, degree course, school graduated from, and date of graduation, among others.
After completing your Profile (screenshot shown below), click the “SAVE INFORMATION” button.
You are required to upload a good quality ID photo (see screenshot below). Take note that if your photo is rejected, your application will be disapproved, so make sure the photo you will upload must comply with the following:
- 2×2 in size;
- In plain white background;
- Applicant must wear decent attire with collar in the photo;
- Applicant should not be wearing eyeglasses in the photo;
- Ears of the applicant should not be covered; and
- Photo should have been taken no more than 6 months prior to PRC ID renewal.
Check out other useful PRC board exam information:
- How to Renew your PRC ID Online in 5 Easy Steps!
- PRC Exam Registration for 2020 Board Exam Takers
- How to Check your Board Exam Score: PRC Verification of Rating
Step 2. Select “Initial Registration” transaction
To register as a licensed professional, make sure you’re logged in to your PRC account then click the “TRANSACTION” button located at the top-right portion of the page (see screenshot below).
In the “Select Transaction” page, click the “INITIAL REGISTRATION” tab. This is located to the right of the “Examination” tab.
From the drop-down menu, choose your “Profession” then input your Application Number which you can find in your NOA or Notice of Admission. Click the “Proceed” button to continue to the next page.
Step 3. Schedule an Online Appointment
In the succeeding “Online Appointment” page (screenshot below), select the PRC Office (from the drop-down menu) where you wish to apply for Initial Registration.
After selecting a choice, you will be given a tentative Appointment Date and Time. If you wish to change the Appointment Date, just click the “Reschedule?” button and select a new Appointment Date and Time.
You will also be shown the total amount you need to pay for the processing of your ID renewal. To proceed with payment, click the “Proceed” button then choose your preferred Payment Method.
Step 4. Pay the PRC processing fee
You may choose to pay the processing fee using one of three methods:
- At the Cashier of the PRC office where you set your online appointment;
- Via Landbank’s ePayment portal by paying using your LandBank ATM or Savings account, a Savings or Debit account in any Bancnet member bank, or through Globe’s GCash;
- Via UCPB online payment portal (UCPB Connect), mobile banking app, or over-the-counter deposit at any UCPB branch.
If your chosen “Payment Channel” is LandBank and you will pay using your LandBank ATM account, make sure to prepare the following since you will have to input these numbers to process your payment (view screenshot below):
- Landbank of the Philippines (LBP) Savings Account Number – your 10-digit bank account number
- Joint Account Indicator (JAI) – usually this is the number “0” if the account is owned by a single person or individual or either the number “1” or “2” if it is a joint account
- PIN number – you will have to input your PIN by pressing the numbers buttons in the PIN Pad
Double-check the amount that you will pay before ticking the “Certification” check box stating that you are “at least 18 years old and have read, understood, and agreed to the Terms and Conditions.”
To authorize the payment, input your 10-digit Landbank savings account number, your JAI, and your ATM’s PIN in the PIN Pad. (The Joint Account Indicator or JAI is “0” if the account is for an individual, or either the number “1” or “2” if it is a joint account.)
Once confirmed, click “Submit” to proceed with payment (see screenshot below).
Take note that this action is irreversible, which means your Landbank account will automatically be debited once you have clicked “Submit”. If the payment is successful, you will see this confirmation below.
During your set appointment date, You will need to show proof of payment so print your Payment Details by going back to the “Profile” page, then click “Existing Transactions”, then the “Payment Details” button. You will then see the “Payment Confirmation” form ready for printing. Click the orange “Print” button to print the payment details form.
You must also print the “Panunumpa ng Propesyonal” form (sample shown below) then sign the printed copy in the appropriate space.
Step 5. Bring all required documents on your appointment date
Finally, on your chosen Appointment Date and Time, proceed to the PRC office and bring the following requirements:
- signed “Panunumpa ng Propesyonal;”
- printed Payment Confirmation form; and
- other documents that may be required by the PRC.
Once you have submitted all required document, you’ll be able to receive your PRC license and you can now officially call yourself a licensed professional. Congratulations!