How to invest in Mutual Funds in the Philippines
How do I invest in mutual funds in the Philippines?
This is a question we usually get from our readers. First, we advise anyone who wants to make an investment to learn more about the investment opportunity. In the case of mutual funds, we suggest investors to take time to read and study our Mutual Funds Philippines Primer.
Assuming the investor has understood all risks and has decided to go ahead, here are the steps to invest in mutual funds in the Philippines.
2. Find an authorized agent selling the fund or contact the company using their contact details. You may also visit their office where an agent will be assigned to you.
3. Fill out the application documents. You will normally be asked to complete three forms: the Personal Information Sheet, the Investor Profile Questionnaire, and the Order Ticket. The forms may vary depending on the mutual fund company but they usually have forms to get your personal details (Personal Information Sheet); identify your risk tolerance and investment goal (Investor Profile Questionnaire); and determine the shares of the fund you want to purchase (Order Ticket).
4. Make the payment only in authorized payment centers. This can be the office of the company or a bank branch in partnership with the mutual fund. Make sure you get a copy of the payment receipt and the Order Ticket.
5. Ask the agent how you can monitor your funds. Some funds give you online access where you can track your portfolio while some funds just give you NAVPS updates which means you’ll have to compute your own mutual fund income.
Other useful links and resources:
- List and Contact Details of Mutual Funds in the Philippines
- Investing in Mutual Funds
- Investing in UITFs
- Mutual Funds and UITF Discussion Board
Smile and rate this post! Thank you!