PMT Forum
Do you want to make money today? :)

Sun Life Prosperity Funds

purplehazel · 454 · 117499

avalon

• Probie
Meron bang branch or agent dito near Bulacan?

avalon

• Probie
freedomfighter, i'm from malolos. nearest ba yung sa baliuag? medyo mahirap kasi pumunta dun. masikip and traffic.

bauer

• VIP 4500
freedomfighter,

wala namang masama mag invest sa sunlife. kaya lang, minsan, exagerrated mag marketing, akala mo kumikita pera mo ng sobrang laki, pareho ng philam.  put in a proper perspective, mas malaki pa ang returns ko when i managed my own funds. paano ko nasabi? kasi i maintain a sunlife account since year 2000 at iyon ang ginagamit kong comparison every year.

avalon

• Probie

PHrider

• Probie
Newbie here, tanong ko lang kung ano ang procedure pag gusto ko mag invest sa SL Prosperity Fund eh nasa labas ako bansa?

octavian

• Probie
hi sir nailbiter, m a newbie here. i am also intrested to invest in VUL. can i please have ur mom's contact number  :hello:

purpleglaze, afaik, it's not an option left to shareholders. How dividends are distributed will depend on company policy. However, almost always, dividends are automatically reinvested as shares. Re: my mom, no problem. I'll PM you her contact info in a while.

yellowminded, it's free of charge for a maximum of four times within a year. Beyond four times, it's subject to documentary stamps tax. I think you just need to execute an order ticket.

thechief

• Probie
just invested in sun life balanced fund today.. i wish all the best for everyone here!

akobakini

• Probie
Hi, Ms. Nailbiter! Can you PM me your mom's contact info? I want to invest in Sun Life Mutual Funds....

Also could someone help me get a copy of the investors guide of sun life? I tried for the nth time already but failed. After downloading some 600 Kb of the file, process just stopped. Thanks.

ubermensch

Mababa pa ang prosperity funds sa ngayon.  May investment ako sa equity.  From the start of the year pababa sya ng pababa.  Ako naman invest lang ng invest those times akala ko bottom na.  Ngayon 1.24 something na ang NAVPS, kaya ngayon wait annd see na muna ako an wait when market conditions start to improve.  Pero in fairness, smaller ang YTD losses ng SLPF kumpara sa ibang MFs....

jblee

• Probie

mababa ang mga NAVPS ngayon, is this a good time to buy some shares?
or mas maganda ba hintayin na magsimula cyang umakyat?

If you don't need the money in AT LEAST 10 years, then buying now is the best time.

miamiya

hey nailbiter can i have the contact info from your mother, an email address is ok.

subconscious

• Forum Tambay 100
Question, I just acquired a balanced fund, yun yung parang may kasamang inurance, eh mukang eto pala yung gusto ko, pwede ko ba palitan? kasi yung sa sunlife insurance na balanced fund may annual na 10855php tapos 15% lang nun yung napupunta sa investment.. E pag Prosperity yung 10k ko invest lahat.. tama ba?

Advice naman mga mentor.. :D

networm

• Forum Tambay 200
subconscious
Kontakin mo yun Sunlife Financial Planner na nag-assist sa 'yo. VUL kasi yan kinuha mo, sa pagkaka-alam ko yun doon sa Prosperiity Fund, Balanced Fund...pwede ka mag switch between fund, four times yata yun. Paki-confirm na lang with your Sunlife Financial Planner.

freedomfighter

• Forum Champion 900
Hi Dylan,

Better if you reinstate now your "Sun Flexilink" policy while you are still within 90 days simplified reinstatement period.  You just need to pay your quarterly due of 3K and signed the SRO form.  alam ko wala pang penalty yan.

You can opt to pay naman in full anytime your annual premium.

You are treading dangerous grounds if you are letting your insurance policy lapsed.  It defeats the purpose why you set it up in the first place.  Aside from the obvious reasons of exposing yourself again without protection from the risks you were trying to cover.  There is also the possibility of your application for reinstatement or some riders being denied if there is adverse change in your health making you uninsurable or if still insurable, with a rated premium.

Dapat sana before your funds were exhausted and before your policy lapsed, you should at least made sure that you were able to pay kahit yung monthly charge man lang if you dont have budget yet to pay the quarterly due of 3K.  Maliit lang naman yun.

Hindi ka ba niremind ng agent mo?

Regards,

freedomfighter

It's not worth exposing yourself with these risks again.

cpetaling

can i ask ano ang mga expense ratios ng mga products dito?

gamboarita

• Probie
HI freedomfighter question anong magandang kuhanin sa sunlife. thanks

arnel

• Forum Master 400
Hi newbie here,,, I tried venturing into mutual funds last year,,, i have sunlife prosperity equity fund as one of them,,, but since due to economic crisis i am hesistant on buying more shares to practice cost-averaging,,, any advise from the experts here?  :thankyou:

buloi123

I also have an investment sa sunlife (equity [40%] and balance [60%] funds)
Started last year, unfortunately after 3 weeks tumama yung financial crisis kaya nag negative ako... tried to top-up (minimum) paunti-unti kasi akala ko magba-bounce back kaagad before the end sa year, kaso lalong lumala.
Kaya, ginawa ko ngayun, stop muna ako sa pag top-up, kasi sabi ng mga analyst, maging worst pa ito this year and it will slowly bounce back 3rd quarter of this year.... kaya, observe muna ako kung kailan unti-unting a-akyat yung market (at least consistently), then I start to top-up slowly....

troybol

• Probie
good morning to you guys, how much is the current minimum investment to join a mutual fund in sun life prosperity bond fund and sun life prosperity philippine equity bond fund?

buloi123

good morning to you guys, how much is the current minimum investment to join a mutual fund in sun life prosperity bond fund and sun life prosperity philippine equity bond fund?

minimum of 10K..

troybol

• Probie
how about some comments with regards to the staff of sun life? (friendly, snobbish, well informed, etc) any bad experience with regards to any fund manager

networm

• Forum Tambay 200
I have a very good experience with a Sun Life Financial Planner. I visited their office in Alabang Madrigal Business Park. Very accomodating and explain well the differences of different funds including VUL.

mxherr5

• PMT Idol 1000
I also have nothing but good things to say about my sunlife agent.  :cool2:
Not pushy and very professional.

He was able to go down to my level and made me understand the policy throughly
and he actually took time to answer my mundane questions  :D

gamboarita

• Probie

betina_vanilla

• Probie
@ troybol: first time ko pa lang maka-kausap talaga ng sunlife agent and i can't make hasty generalizations pero i'm glad i talked to one. nag-meet kami ni freeedomfighter and he was very acommodating, kahit madami akong tanong, ok lang kasi kaya niya mag-explain ng mabuti.

i guess protocol naman sa kanila ang maging friendly and well-informed.  :D

anyway, i'm about to open a sunlife flexilink account. wala pa kasi akong life insurance and i think tama ang sinasabi nila na you have to protect your investments by ensuring yourself first  :rakenrol:

troybol

• Probie
i have finally bought some "shares" of sunlife prosperity bond fund and philippine equity fund today. do i really have to wait for sunlife to send me a mail containing my client number and other important details with regards to my account? after paying, all i got is some acknowledgement receipt.

nidaime

• Forum Tambay 200

troybol

• Probie

Yes.  :yoohoo:

meaning, this is the standard operating procedure for all investment companies who dwell into mutual funds or for sunlife only

freedomfighter

• Forum Champion 900
Hi troybol,

Congratulations for investing in Sun Life's Prosperity Funds!  Have you registered your account with Sun Life's Sun Link Online?

You may want to visit our website at www.sunlife.com.ph and click Sunlink online and then register your MF account.

Regards,

freedomfighter
Sun Life Financial advisor
thonycoors7@yahoo.com
0917-5803858
0922-8803858

Irtwisted

question po sa website ng sunlife... I have a VUL account, but I can't view the mutual fund portion (allocation, how many shares I have, etc). Do I have have to separately enroll the mutual fund portion for me to view it? Thanks.

freedomfighter

• Forum Champion 900

question po sa website ng sunlife... I have a VUL account, but I can't view the mutual fund portion (allocation, how many shares I have, etc). Do I have have to separately enroll the mutual fund portion for me to view it? Thanks.

Sensya na po if hindi ko agad grasp yung gusto nyo pong iclarify.  Let me see, if you have a vul policy and have already enrolled it with Sun Link online, you should be able to view your transaction history and how many units you were able to buy into your investment fund that is linked to it.

However, if you have a separte Mutual Fund with Sun Life, you need to also register your MF account with Sun Link Online for you to view your MF fund details online.

Hope this helps.

freedomfighter
Sun Life Financial Advisor
thonycoors7@yahoo.com
0917-5803858

mxherr5

• PMT Idol 1000
I also use sunlink but never found a way of checking the mutual fund component specifically
the # of shares and which funds you have allocated shares to..

I can just check what the mutual fund's current value is and the initial
fund value.

You can however see the specific # of shares that are canceled when
you pay for the insurance and other charges

I didn't see any separate identification number(i.e. policy #, acct #) that is for
solely for the investment fund. So baka ganun talaga sya?

Any sunlife agent here that can confirm this?

:thankyou:

freedomfighter

• Forum Champion 900
« Last Edit: Feb 04, 2009, 10:49 PM by freedomfighter »

daryy

I don't make sure about this!Get the AC parts like AC Compressor, AC Condenser, Plymouth AC Compressor and more parts ... Mazda, Mercedes Benz, Mercury, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Oldsmobile, Plymouth, ...Get the right Mercedes Benz  Parts from carpartswarehouse!  Find best prices for Mercedes Benz 500SL Parts by browsing our complete catalog of discount Mercedes auto parts.

« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2010, 12:41 AM by daryy »

Irtwisted

Freedom Fighter, I'm referring to the investment portion of the VUL...If you can help me in accessing that portion, i'll be really grateful. Thanks.

cream_puffs

• Probie
interested po ako mag-apply ng sunlife prosperity fund, ano pong requirements? san ba yung office saka open ba yung pag weekends? thanks :)

freedomfighter

• Forum Champion 900
Hi cream_puffs!

Sent you po a pm.

Regards,

freedomfighter

Irtwisted

Freedomfighter, yes, I have enrolled my policy in the website and am able to access my personal page. Kaya lang hindi ko makita yung number of shares ko sa investment portion of the VUL, or is it really not displayed there?

Thanks po for answering my questions.
 :rakenrol:

freedomfighter

• Forum Champion 900
Hi Irtwisted,

Nacheck ko na po...under maintenance lang po ang sunlink webpage.  Nag-upgrade lang po system natin.  Hindi nga po nakikita ngayon.

Check nyo lang po from time to time.  

freedomfighter

Irtwisted

^^ Ngek! Yun lang pala yun.  :D

thanks po for checking.

freedomfighter

• Forum Champion 900

mxherr5

• PMT Idol 1000
^

Are you sure?
I've been a user of sunlink for over a year now and I've
never noticed any information regarding the # of units
you have or to which fund(bal,equi,etc) you have units
allocated to..

The only place it shows units is when units are cancelled
to pay for the insurance charge, periodic charge etc..

As far as I know it has always only shown the
initial fund value and the current fund value

cheers
 :D

dalee

• Probie
ask ko lang ... iba yung NAVS ng sunflexilink sa prosperity funds? yung nasa website ng sunlife, NAVS yun ng sunflexilink?

markus

• Forum Tambay 200
hi question po ako Mr freedomfighter

meron kasi akong VUL, MF (phil equity) at life insurance sa sunlife. pwede ba akong mag palit ng agent? kasi i'm not happy with my agent eh. thanks

mxherr5

• PMT Idol 1000

ask ko lang ... iba yung NAVS ng sunflexilink sa prosperity funds? yung nasa website ng sunlife, NAVS yun ng sunflexilink?

Hi,

Iba nga po yung NAV ng Prosperity Funds dun sa NAV ng Flexilink.

Actually both NAVs are on the website pero yung default na nakadisplay
(left) is for the Flexilink(VUL) at yung kabilang side(right) ay yung NAV
ng Prosperity Fund(NAVPS)

freedomfighter

• Forum Champion 900

^

Are you sure?
I've been a user of sunlink for over a year now and I've
never noticed any information regarding the # of units
you have or to which fund(bal,equi,etc) you have units
allocated to..

The only place it shows units is when units are cancelled
to pay for the insurance charge, periodic charge etc..

As far as I know it has always only shown the
initial fund value and the current fund value

cheers

yup mxherr5...you're correct.  But you can determine your present accumulated units by just dividing the current value of your fund (as reflected in your sunlink webpage) by the current unit price.

regards
Posted on: Feb 23, 2009, 12:15 PM

hi question po ako Mr freedomfighter

meron kasi akong VUL, MF (phil equity) at life insurance sa sunlife. pwede ba akong mag palit ng agent? kasi i'm not happy with my agent eh. thanks

Pwede naman po... Sun Life would always want that your best interest is served.  If sa tingin nyo po mas maaasikaso kayo ng ibang agent pwede naman po kayo mag-request kay Sun Life ng bagong servicing agent.

Hope this helps.

dalee

• Probie
« Last Edit: Feb 24, 2009, 06:43 PM by dalee »

ikay

hello po. I just need help because I'm planning to invest my 10k this march on sunlife mutual fund... kaya lang nahirapan po akong pumili ng kukuning type of fund... Ayoko sana ng mashadong malaki ang risk and I'd love to learn more about it personally... hay... di ko din alam kung pano mag-invest dun. Hope you can help me out.  :help:

Ping

• VIP 3500
When is the bottom of this kaya?    :help:

Is it time to cut loss, or just let it ride the bad tide, until it recover back to 1.88 level - Sunlife Peso Balanced Fund?

:bahalaka:

freedomfighter

• Forum Champion 900
« Last Edit: Feb 25, 2009, 10:42 AM by freedomfighter »

ikay

ok sir tony, got your globe number po, i'll text u when I'm ready to meet up. thanks!

ronaldong

magkano po ang manager's fee ng sunlife? 1 percent or 1.5 percent?.. annual or single payment?

bauer

• VIP 4500

When is the bottom of this kaya?    :help:

Is it time to cut loss, or just let it ride the bad tide, until it recover back to 1.88 level - Sunlife Peso Balanced Fund?

:bahalaka:

Judging from sunlife's past performance, stick with the balanced fund. i think it will not serve you any good pulling out the fund unless you need the money now.

Babalik rin yan sa 1.88 and even higher 5 years fom now

starlite

Hi freedomfighter,
  I'm also thinking of investing in the Sunlife Balanced Fund, but I really do not know much about mutual funds and stocks so I've just been reading posts in several forums. I'm also probably going to start with the minimum investment until I learn enough to be more confident with it. May I know the requirements when investing in the Balanced Fund? For first-time investors with limited money, how much should I prepare if I just want to test the waters first?  

Thanks!

starlite

Hi freedomfighter,

Thanks for the reply. I'll contact you through your email po.

freedomfighter

• Forum Champion 900

Ping

• VIP 3500

bauer

• VIP 4500
i got my peso balanced fund at 0.90  so i think its relatively performing well even with the global crisis right now.

ping i advise you to stick to the fund.  Im using the sunlife balanced fund to serve as a scorecard on my performance.

Ping

• VIP 3500
Thanks, man.  I intend to stick around, and hope it will bring me some moolah in my retirement years.

:hello:

PMT Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Post only questions or comments here. Advertisements NOT ALLOWED.
  • Doni_megaworld: Hi Guys, who's online?
    Today at 03:08 PM
  • Doni_megaworld: good morning! who's online?
    Yesterday at 08:47 AM
  • Doni_megaworld: good morning guys!
    May 27, 2020, 09:47 AM
  • Doni_megaworld: work work
    May 26, 2020, 02:47 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: What's good in this afternoon?
    May 26, 2020, 02:01 PM
  • Doni_megaworld: agreed
    May 25, 2020, 03:30 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: @lyndrey depende siguro sa seller, so kung mag order kayo online much better na kilala niyo at trusted
    May 25, 2020, 02:29 PM
  • Doni_megaworld: kumusta? sino mga online?
    May 24, 2020, 03:24 PM
  • lyndrey: Do not buy PPE online. Either expensive overpriced or totally damaged or cannot be used
    May 24, 2020, 01:37 PM
  • lyndrey: Online Scammers/online shopping cheats are active with stay at home regimen.
    May 24, 2020, 01:34 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: @razee22 Parang di na po nacoconvert into money ang load po.
    May 12, 2020, 04:07 PM
  • razee22: any advised or recommendation?
    May 12, 2020, 11:16 AM
  • razee22: Paano po ba iconvert ang load into money like Paypal, Paymaya or Gcash?
    May 12, 2020, 11:15 AM
  • razee22: paano po ba iconvert ang load into money? Paypal or Gcash
    May 12, 2020, 11:14 AM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Hellooooo, okay lang ba kayo dyannnn?
    May 11, 2020, 11:40 AM
  • theimprobableone: hi
    May 05, 2020, 11:37 AM
  • freelance_treasure_hunter: hello all...
    Apr 28, 2020, 04:26 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Can someone save me?
    Mar 24, 2020, 01:39 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: I'm tired.
    Mar 24, 2020, 01:39 PM
  • Victorvargas: Hello sa lahat po new lang po dito. Hope na marami matutunan ako about business.
    Mar 21, 2020, 09:43 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Yoh, its been a while.
    Mar 17, 2020, 10:33 AM
  • demi07: Hello everyone! New in pinoymoneytalk :)
    Mar 14, 2020, 01:24 PM
  • theappswitch: Hi!
    Feb 25, 2020, 03:14 PM
  • mike2020: hi po sa inyo lahat
    Feb 23, 2020, 11:52 PM
  • Jayjayqwe: hi po
    Feb 19, 2020, 11:27 PM
  • tirs d pip: hello
    Feb 18, 2020, 02:32 PM
  • Ace1105: Hello sa lahat...  :hello:
    Feb 07, 2020, 09:46 AM
  • FREYAHYARA: Anyone knows where Ig shops like styledom.ph, thriftme, instashoppeavenu and the likes get their items for selling. Would like to venture in the same business but would like to know where and who the suppliers are
    Jan 28, 2020, 09:38 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: To bpc85 kung nakalagay ang inyong names sa beneficiary list ng iyong ama kay may makukuha po kayo.
    Nov 28, 2019, 02:18 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Hellooooo, its been a while. :)
    Nov 28, 2019, 02:16 PM
  • miakashidou31: hi , meron po ba ditong nagta transfer sa paypal?
    Nov 05, 2019, 01:46 PM
  • whennedy: good noon po
    Oct 18, 2019, 12:04 PM
  • edzlpdac: goood day po sa lahat!
    Oct 12, 2019, 03:37 PM
  • bpc85: ask lng sana ako kung may makukuha ba kami ng Mama ko at ako or mga kapatid ko sa benepisyo ng aming Ama bilang membro ng AFPSLAI. thank you po.
    Sep 27, 2019, 12:52 PM
  • bpc85: Hi guys, im new here,.
    Sep 27, 2019, 12:52 PM
  • Anaperdi: Hi just want to know if meron dito who is into boundary hulog ng motorcycle? For mga riders ng courier. Pwede ba magpashare how it works? Naisip ko lang baka pwede ko ibusiness, meron na pala mga posts online pero di pa clear ang system sa akin. thank  you sa makakapansin
    Sep 21, 2019, 11:32 AM
  • Anaperdi: Hi newbie here..
    Sep 21, 2019, 11:19 AM
  • jprios: May contact ba kayo kung sakali?
    Sep 18, 2019, 06:11 PM
  • jprios: Sino pwedeng mahiraman dito?
    Sep 18, 2019, 06:09 PM
  • kfg52: Present!
    Sep 15, 2019, 07:26 PM
  • juju31: san po ba may nag papahiram dito
    Sep 14, 2019, 07:18 PM
  • juju31: hello
    Sep 14, 2019, 07:18 PM
  • FutureGizmo: Thanks julz! Medyo ganun nga trabaho namin ngayon, to monitor spam posts kasi ang daming spam bots. But thanks for reporting. Auto-ban agad ang spammers sa amin haha
    Sep 07, 2019, 12:17 PM
  • julz: @FutureGizmo si @nikkikv18 just posted more than 10 posts about porn sites. hay, spam.
    Sep 03, 2019, 01:05 PM
  • Cid_brent: sino po dyan pwede magbigay send ng paypal funds and I will pay you using gcash?
    Aug 25, 2019, 08:58 PM
  • Meghan91811: Sino po may alam about Rice Farming...
    Aug 25, 2019, 07:44 AM
  • roselove: hello po sa inyo... newbie here
    Aug 06, 2019, 03:31 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Sino palaging active dito?
    Jul 30, 2019, 04:15 PM
  • dagocjasonrey: Anong update dito?
    Jul 22, 2019, 08:49 PM