PMT Forum
Do you want to make money today? :)

INCOMPETENCE in GOVERNMENT

wilch23 · 288 · 41912

wilch23

• VIP 6500
Maraming incompetent people in government?
Yung bang walang expertise sa job description nila ...

Some recent events reminded me of this ...
          Is this a result of the phenomenon described by the "Peter Principle"?

wilch23

• VIP 6500
Current "HOT" candidates to consider:

Gina Lopez of DENR
Pacman of the Senate
DU30 of the Philippines

Nasa news kasi sila madalas ... kaya "HOT" sila, hehe

wilch23

• VIP 6500
Actually kaya ko naisip to ...

While listening to the Senate Hearing the other day, officials of PAGCOR mentioned that they were trying to be the regulator of the online gaming outfits during the past admin (of Noynoy) but were ignored.
The reason 'daw' (according those Pagcor officials) was that maliit lang daw ang makukuha ng govt (claim of past admin) so don't bother nalang. BIgay nalang daw sa CEZA.

Well what do you know?
Collection of CEZA from online gaming is a total of around 2B for the past 10 years.
Since Pagcor took over the regulation (iba ang rate kasi pag under Pagcor compared to CEZA), they have collected 6B already!

Eh di WOW! as Noynoy would say!

Napaka mahal naman ng INCOMPETENCE!

wilch23

• VIP 6500

wilch23

• VIP 6500
I admire Sen. Pacquiao. He is a fast learner and he is smarter than many incompetent people in power. I have no doubt he can easily win the presidency soon.

OH NOOoooo ... Hhahahahaaa

richpulubi

• PMT Jedi 2500
I admire Sen. Pacquiao. He is a fast learner and he is smarter than many incompetent people in power. I have no doubt he can easily win the presidency soon. 

I wonder who is giving him his script?  Si Alvarez kaya?

Thomas

• PMT Idol 1000
Maraming incompetent people in government?
Why did you put a questionmark after that???
Almost all politicians in the world are incompetent. On top of that, in Phils most of them are corrupt too...   :)
Yung bang walang expertise sa job description nila ...
What's the use of job descriptions, when they can't do them anyway?   :hihi:
Some recent events reminded me of this ...
          Is this a result of the phenomenon described by the "Peter Principle"? 

"It states that the selection of a candidate for a position is based on the candidate's performance in their current role, rather than on abilities relevant to the intended role."
Perhaps in good functioning PRIVATE companies, 
but if so there would be only 2-3 in parlament and the rest of the senators wouldn't have any jobs     :hihi:

Within politics and public organisations it's normaly the OPPOSITE  = The skilled ones are HOLD BACK, because otherwice would it become even more obvious how incompetent them in leading positions are... 

richpulubi

• PMT Jedi 2500
Why did you put a questionmark after that???
Almost all politicians in the world are incompetent. On top of that, in Phils most of them are corrupt too...   :) What's the use of job descriptions, when they can't do them anyway?   :hihi:
"It states that the selection of a candidate for a position is based on the candidate's performance in their current role, rather than on abilities relevant to the intended role."
but if so there would be only 2-3 in parlament and the rest of the senators wouldn't have any jobs     :hihi:

Within politics and public organisations it's normaly the OPPOSITE  = The skilled ones are HOLD BACK, because otherwice would it become even more obvious how incompetent them in leading positions are... 

The saddest part is that since the government doesn't pay that well, it doesn't attract good people.  People would rather work for the private sector or abroad.  Only when they are desperate or unable to find a job, or they already know they are incompetent, then they will apply for a government job.

I think now that is slowly changing, since digong is slowly raising the pay of key government positions.  In fact, doctors are paid more in government hospitals than most private ones.

wilch23

• VIP 6500

Direct from wikipedia summary via google.
So what does that really mean?
Pls help ...
« Last Edit: Mar 11, 2017, 07:30 PM by wilch23 »

wilch23

• VIP 6500

anong say nyo?
Approve ba?
« Last Edit: Mar 11, 2017, 07:40 PM by wilch23 »

wilch23

• VIP 6500
The saddest part is that since the government doesn't pay that well, it doesn't attract good people.  People would rather work for the private sector or abroad.  Only when they are desperate or unable to find a job, or they already know they are incompetent, then they will apply for a government job.

I think now that is slowly changing, since digong is slowly raising the pay of key government positions.  In fact, doctors are paid more in government hospitals than most private ones.

Teachers in public schools are better paid also except when compared to international schools and a few expensive ones.
Soldiers and policemen get excellent benefits especially upon retirement - private sector counterpart would be sekyo and such.
Nurses and other medical staff personnel are also well paid in public hospitals compared to private ones.

As for doctors, hard to compare - private sector doctors usually have private practices where as govt doctors are on fixed salaries. If you mean interns and fellows, those in public service do get competitive pay while those in private hospitals sometimes only receive allowances.
« Last Edit: Mar 12, 2017, 07:07 AM by wilch23 »

Thomas

• PMT Idol 1000
The saddest part is that since the government doesn't pay that well, it doesn't attract good people. 
Perhaps they don't need to get much salary depending of many within politics and public sector can demand high bribes...   :hihi:
(Definition of Peter's Principe).

Direct from wikipedia summary via google.
So what does that really mean?
Pls help ...
But I did answer that  :)
and I told it's NOT true in political parties and public organisations.
  (Answer to what's quoted.)
anong say nyo?
Approve ba? 
Meaning what?

wilch23

• VIP 6500
Used to be " A little knowledge is dangerous."

Sa mga public fora - a little knowledge is not a license to ...

wilch23

• VIP 6500
Pwede rin ba isali si Yasay?

1990s pa na-issued ang US passport ni Yasay ?
Last year lang daw na confirmed (by USA) hindi na sya US citizen?
Tama ba eto?

Then in a radio program sabi ni Yasay, he had to get US visas for his visits to the USA in recent years.

Ang gulo ano? Bottom line he was not forthright and completely truthful re his US status.
Ergo not competent to be a cabinet secretary, especially a foreign secretary.

wilch23

• VIP 6500
I hope Gina Lopez will be rejected by the CA.

IMO, she is not competent to be DENR secretary.
She is ok as far as concern for the environment is concerned, but lacks technical know how, management skills, legal knowledge and adherence to rules and regulations.

richpulubi

• PMT Jedi 2500
I hope Gina Lopez will be rejected by the CA.

IMO, she is not competent to be DENR secretary.
She is ok as far as concern for the environment is concerned, but lacks technical know how, management skills, legal knowledge and adherence to rules and regulations.

I personally don't like her.  I know someone who lived in the West Tower condo building that their gas line leaked into.  They were asking Gina Lopez to help, since she was already pontificating about the environment then.  She didn't do anything, and she didn't help.  Shows you what kind of person she is.

A person also committed suicide, since she closed the mine where he was working.  She just shrugged it off as if she had no direct responsibility for it. 

I feel like she really does care about the environment...but not the people living in it.

wilch23

• VIP 6500
Ombudsman Morales ruled that Abad et al guilty of a minor charge only while absolving Noynoy of any guilt re the realignment of "savings" into DAP.

dba DAPat technical malversation yan?
And how can Noy not be involved when he was instrumental in the approval of the whole scheme? Dba nga, the whole idea was to use DAP to impeach former CJ Corona?

wilch23

• VIP 6500

wilch23

• VIP 6500
ETO na ang BIG Q ...

How about DUTERTE? How COMPETENT is he as our President thus far?

wilch23

• VIP 6500
Aklan Mayor suspended for 6 months for having a mistress and having a baby with the mistress.

wilch23

• VIP 6500

wilch23

• VIP 6500

jenofstructures

• PMT Idol 1000
Kailangan na i-meeting ni Digong mga tao nya.... Mukhang nakalimutan na yung 10point agenda nila

wilch23

• VIP 6500
Just saw the latest re Mighty.
BIR is planning to file at least 40B tax case for illegal tax stamps

Sinong amgaling na BIR dati na hindi nakakita nito?
Competent pa rin ba tingin nyo sa kanya?
Baka naman meron na-KITA dati kaya deadma lang?
Dahil ba saKim sya?

Thomas

• PMT Idol 1000
Just saw the latest re Mighty.
BIR is planning to file at least 40B tax case for illegal tax stamps

Sinong amgaling na BIR dati na hindi nakakita nito?
Competent pa rin ba tingin nyo sa kanya?
Baka naman meron na-KITA dati kaya deadma lang?
Dahil ba saKim sya?
I don't know if earlier administrations have done similar as much, but at least there have been a lot of unpaid taxes before.  By bribing BIR ?
It seem BIR have been soft against big companies, but they sure have been and I believe is still to hard against small companies, demanding much to much form filling from them to often as if small company owners don't have anything else to do...

wilch23

• VIP 6500
Gina Lopez cussed out reporter:

"Lopez had earlier admitted she “had an issue” with the reporters, accusing them of “having their minds set” already when asking questions."

Hmmm ... nag OJT kaya sa ABS-CBN yan mga reporters na yan?

wilch23

• VIP 6500
Gina Lopez issued public apology.

“I do acknowledge that in my effort to impart my perspective, I was inordinately judgmental.  Everyone has the right to be what they are.  I have no right to put them down for whatever,”

Wow!
« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2017, 08:42 PM by wilch23 »

wilch23

• VIP 6500

TulogSaPancitan

• PMT Idol 1000
Gina Lopez cussed out reporter:

"Lopez had earlier admitted she “had an issue” with the reporters, accusing them of “having their minds set” already when asking questions."

Hmmm ... nag OJT kaya sa ABS-CBN yan mga reporters na yan?

wag na lang pa press con kung ayaw matanong ng iba ang pananaw. buo na lang ng fan club para "yes mam" lang ang mantra. ilang reporter may sayad talaga. pwde naman di sumagot o wag i ackowledge kung ayaw mo ung tanong.

wilch23

• VIP 6500
Well, her upbringing has to show sometimes ...

wilch23

• VIP 6500
Several cases filed by the Ombudsman has been dismissed by the Sandiganbayan because of delay.

I just read about a case (PNCC) wherein the preliminary investigation took all of 10 years and 4 months!
Money involved is  6.1B (initial complaint was in 2006)

Hmm ... INCOMPETENCE din ba or OVER COMPETENCE ?
« Last Edit: Apr 12, 2017, 10:29 AM by wilch23 »

wilch23

• VIP 6500
SC orders Bongbong Marcos to pay 63M for the recount of votes under his election complaint.
The same order requires payment (33M) before April 14 (? Good Friday), meaning it must be paid on April 13, also a holiday (?).  The balance of 30M must be paid before July 14, 2017.

Ahem, the order was approved en banc on March 21, 2017.
The good Chief Justice Sereno released it belatedly
It was received by the camp of Bongbong Marcos on April 10, 2017

INCOMPETENCE or OVER COMPETENCE nanaman eto?

Thomas

• PMT Idol 1000
Do you mean her American expensive education and she grew up in the greed dominated Manila "elite" ?   :hihi:

wilch23

• VIP 6500

wilch23

• VIP 6500
SC orders Bongbong Marcos to pay 63M for the recount of votes under his election complaint.
The same order requires payment (33M) before April 14 (? Good Friday), meaning it must be paid on April 13, also a holiday (?).  The balance of 30M must be paid before July 14, 2017.

Ahem, the order was approved en banc on March 21, 2017.
The good Chief Justice Sereno released it belatedly
It was received by the camp of Bongbong Marcos on April 10, 2017

INCOMPETENCE or OVER COMPETENCE nanaman eto?

Erratum, the PET not the SC ordered the bond posting.

wilch23

• VIP 6500
BTW, PET also ordered Leni to post a15M bond for her election protest, 8M payable before Apr 16 and the balance before July 14.

The news report didn't say when the order was handed out, nor when the resolution was made.
I believe it made no difference for Leni whether her bond order was impounded by CJ Sereno.
Pwede naman kasi sabihan na si Leni in private or via other means.

It is apparent that an attempt to sabotage the ability of Bongbong to come up with the required bond in time, thereby quashing the protest via technicality.
tsk tsk

IMO, this is OVER COMPETENCE by the CJ

TulogSaPancitan

• PMT Idol 1000
i want bbm to make a protest and pay the fee. makabawi man lang kahit paano sa mga nakulimbat nila.

Thomas

• PMT Idol 1000
I meant her Sweed Demeanor?
No sense nonssense by you as often... 
YOU wrote:

You guys complain about my spelling, while you don't even know how to use questionmarks!!!   :applause: :harhar:

GomerMagtibay

• Forum Tambay 100
Bakit nyo ba laging inaaway si Thomas? (joke)

wilch23

• VIP 6500
Wala naman kami inaaway dito?
Sino ba tinutukoy nyo?

wilch23

• VIP 6500
Nag bayad si BBM para sa protect nya...

Si Leni kaya?

BTW BIR threatens to close down Mighty for tax stamp violation.
Hmmm ... how come this was never an issue in the previous admin?

wilch23

• VIP 6500
Gina Lopez re-appointed ...
Had a beef with executive secretary Salvador Medialdea naman

She also called out a DOJ under secretary for having mining clients in the past.
I supposed she is insinuating that that undersec will be biased for mining.
Well, she is biased for anti-mining ... so what's her beef ?

Oh dear, another tantrum form a spoiled brat.
Hija, may batas na dapat isunod kahit na tama ka pa o hindi sa crusada mo.

richpulubi

• PMT Jedi 2500
Gina Lopez re-appointed ...
Had a beef with executive secretary Salvador Medialdea naman

She also called out a DOJ under secretary for having mining clients in the past.
I supposed she is insinuating that that undersec will be biased for mining.
Well, she is biased for anti-mining ... so what's her beef ?

Oh dear, another tantrum form a spoiled brat.
Hija, may batas na dapat isunod kahit na tama ka pa o hindi sa crusada mo.

Gina Lopez has told digong that she is absolutely against mining.  I guess it is mining of any kind.  And so, we can't expect her to be reasonable or rational.  I think all her decisions will lead to no compromises.  But a deliberate attempt to shut down all mines.

richpulubi

• PMT Jedi 2500
"Lopez said gross domestic product and the stock market are “not indices of economic growth” and she would prefer the “gross national happiness” goal of Bhutan, a tiny Himalayan kingdom.
“We are not material beings so to take on matter as the sum of life is not taking into consideration all the other much more important aspects of our existence so happiness for me is a good way to go and judging from Bhutan, they’re not doing badly,” she said.
“The foundation of genuine economic growth is love. If you love genuinely, you won’t hurt the other,” she said."

O, yan ang gusto ni Gina, gross national happiness daw tulad ng Bhutan...

Ok ba doon?

TulogSaPancitan

• PMT Idol 1000
"Lopez said gross domestic product and the stock market are “not indices of economic growth” and she would prefer the “gross national happiness” goal of Bhutan, a tiny Himalayan kingdom.
“We are not material beings so to take on matter as the sum of life is not taking into consideration all the other much more important aspects of our existence so happiness for me is a good way to go and judging from Bhutan, they’re not doing badly,” she said.
“The foundation of genuine economic growth is love. If you love genuinely, you won’t hurt the other,” she said."

Ok ba doon?

bhutan is a buddhist country. they source happiness not with material stuff. just like hippies. and gina is a hippie. send her to bhutan to smoke weed everyday. oooppss. weed. will tag along.

Thomas

• PMT Idol 1000
Bakit nyo ba laging inaaway si Thomas? (joke) 
   :) 

Richpulubi. wilch and Vinch worked hard posting a lot of lies and false insinuations about me a while ago, supported by a few idiots/crap people  (Which they are depend of if they are that stupid or if they understand but support the big liars anyway).  But now it seem two of the liars have gave up more or less     :yoohoo:   
Have you seen these examples of Richpulubi's lies?  https://www.pinoymoneytalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=50532.0    :watchuthink:
Richpulubi even claim he never lie !!! although he has even made FALSE "quotes", which are OBVIOUS lies, which everyone with brain can see are lies !!!  :applause: :hihi:

Thomas

• PMT Idol 1000
Nag bayad si BBM para sa protect nya...

Si Leni kaya?

BTW BIR threatens to close down Mighty for tax stamp violation.
Hmmm ... how come this was never an issue in the previous admin?
Exactly!

And why weren't LTO (plates) and scams made by the custom issues for previous admins...?
Gina Lopez has told digong that she is absolutely against mining.  I guess it is mining of any kind.  And so, we can't expect her to be reasonable or rational.  I think all her decisions will lead to no compromises.  But a deliberate attempt to shut down all mines.
Why do you demand her to be, when a big part of the mining industry isn't...?    :D

Examples:
1. Many mines haven't followed the environment rules they are demanded to follow. That's why some were put at the closing list
(which they got chance to defend against, although they have had YEARS to make solutions to follow the rules BEFORE Lopes started her work...)

2. Some mine permits at Palawan are ILLEGALY given to mining companies by permit handler.
Some mine permits are a land, which are suppoused to be PROTECTED by LAW. This was pointed out by organisations, but the mines got these permits somehow anyway. By bribes or why...?

3. A mining company did send their private army to FORCE away tribe people from where the mining company want to start mining in Agusan el Sur. One woman died...

jenofstructures

• PMT Idol 1000

Ok ba doon?

Said by a woman who have a lot. hek hek

richpulubi

• PMT Jedi 2500
Why do you demand her to be, when a big part of the mining industry isn't...?    :D

Examples:
1. Many mines haven't followed the environment rules they are demanded to follow. That's why some were put at the closing list
(which they got chance to defend against, although they have had YEARS to make solutions to follow the rules BEFORE Lopes started her work...)

2. Some mine permits at Palawan are ILLEGALY given to mining companies by permit handler.
Some mine permits are a land, which are suppoused to be PROTECTED by LAW. This was pointed out by organisations, but the mines got these permits somehow anyway. By bribes or why...?

3. A mining company did send their private army to FORCE away tribe people from where the mining company want to start mining in Agusan el Sur. One woman died...

Putting a crazy woman to run a chaotic department would not be the solution.  She said in an interview that she LOVES THE NPA.  Shows you how naive and foolish she is. 

I accept the fact that mining companies have taken advantage of the fact that they are difficult to regulate and monitor.  But that is the fault of government who failed to regulate them.  Gina Lopez has a warped sense of how things should be.  She thinks like the Catholic church, who stands by their dogmas but are unwilling to accept realities.  But her fairy-tale solutions will not work!

I for one am not a fan of mining.  But its complete eradication is not the rational solution.
« Last Edit: Apr 21, 2017, 08:30 AM by richpulubi »

richpulubi

• PMT Jedi 2500

Said by a woman who have a lot. hek hek

I read somewhere that in most rich families, there are the achievers, then there are the underachievers.  So, just to give these underachievers some sense of purpose and self-esteem, they are given the responsibility of the family's charity work.  Si Gina na yun.

wilch23

• VIP 6500

Ok ba doon?

I will believe her just as soon as she donates all her wealth to the poor directly, not any foundation that she can control.

wilch23

• VIP 6500
Oh baka naman sabihin nya money can be a source of happiness din? haha

wilch23

• VIP 6500
I read somewhere that in most rich families, there are the achievers, then there are the underachievers.  So, just to give these underachievers some sense of purpose and self-esteem, they are given the responsibility of the family's charity work.  Si Gina na yun.

OUCH!

Eh si Mang Tañong, underachiever din ba?

wilch23

• VIP 6500

Do you mean her American expensive education and she grew up in the greed dominated Manila "elite" ?   :hihi:

You guys complain about my spelling, while you don't even know how to use questionmarks!!!   :applause: :harhar:

Pasensya na, I'm over elementary english grammar.
Just because the words are arranged a certain way in a sentence doesn't make it a declarative statement.
Baka sa swedish ganyan, I wouldn't know.

PS There is an english word called "sarcasm".

wilch23

• VIP 6500
Reading between the lines can help also.
Obviously "Sweed" is a take from "Sweet" meant to send a message to a specific     (?) here.
"Demeanor" spells so much like demeaning that I couldn't help myself.

Ayaw ko na sana patulan, pero why waste a chance to enlighten?

wilch23

• VIP 6500
That is kung ma-enlighten nga, sometimes as they say about ...
   casting pearls before swine ...
« Last Edit: Apr 21, 2017, 02:24 PM by wilch23 »

jenofstructures

• PMT Idol 1000
I think ok naman as DENR secretary si Gina I mean, its high time na maging mahigpit talaga tayo sa mga minero..., its just that pumalo ang over reacting nya. Imagine hindi nga nya matanggap na may pagkakamali talaga sa process ng auditing. The worse is, hindi nya maipaliwanag yung process.
« Last Edit: Apr 21, 2017, 04:45 PM by jenofstructures »

richpulubi

• PMT Jedi 2500
I think ok naman as DENR secretary si Gina I mean, its high time na maging mahigpit talaga tayo sa mga minero..., its just that pumalo ang over reacting nya. Imagine hindi nga nya matanggap na may pagkakamali talaga sa process ng auditing. The worse is, hindi nya maipaliwanag yung process.

Her intentions may be good, pero wala talaga siyang experience.  Imagine, 20 years siyang nasa ibang bansa, practicing yoga.

Thomas

• PMT Idol 1000
Putting a crazy woman to run a chaotic department would not be the solution.   
  It can't be much worse than it was during earlier administration anyway..    :hihi:

If earlier administration had done their work
1. NOT giving ILLEGAL permits
2. and had CONTROLLED mining companies following the environment rules
then there wouldn't be any mines for Lopez to put at the closing list...   :D
She said in an interview that she LOVES THE NPA.  Shows you how naive and foolish she is. 
I suppouse there are huge differences between different NPA fractions.
/Not sure if he ment Negros or Cebu island, but an American told he like NPA since they made his terrible father-in-law starting to behave ok  :hihi:
/Several Samar people have told they LIKE NPA, finding them doing much better POLICE work than the police...
So you mean all these province Filipinos are naive and foolish AND claim I am the racist?    :hihi:
I accept the fact that mining companies have taken advantage of the fact that they are difficult to regulate and monitor. 
WHAT?! What's hard with checking they - DON'T - follow the environment rules???!!!
But that is the fault of government who failed to regulate them. 
WHAT?!
It's the MINING COMPANIES fault they don't follow the environment rules
and even send private army to force away tribe people from where they lived, making one tribe woman die...

And you call province people ignorant!!!    :rofl:
Gina Lopez has a warped sense of how things should be.  She thinks like the Catholic church, who stands by their dogmas but are unwilling to accept realities.
You mean she has a warped sense of how things should be, BECAUSE she think environment rules have to be followed by mining companies or what?     :applause:
But her fairy-tale solutions will not work!
You are corect for once!!!   :applause:
Her idea about mining with strong magnets isn't good    :hihi:
I for one am not a fan of mining.  But its complete eradication is not the rational solution.
Well. Mining companies CAN follow environment rules so they avoid DESTROY the environment DOWNSTREAMS too  :fight1:
The Mining companies, who don't, don't deserve to be running. So it's up to each MINING COMPANY if they need to be closed...
Besides the mining companies, which got permits somehow at land suppoused to be protected by law!!!  It's wrong they ever started...

Thomas

• PMT Idol 1000
Pasensya na, I'm over elementary english grammar.
Just because the words are arranged a certain way in a sentence doesn't make it a declarative statement.
Baka sa swedish ganyan, I wouldn't know.

PS There is an english word called "sarcasm".
Yes, there is a word "sarcasm", AND puting a questionmark in end of a sentence starting with "I meant" is just WRONG... :D :harhar: 
Reading between the lines can help also.
It would help more if you stop talking crap and tell richpulubi and you have written many lies abour me...  :hihi:

richpulubi

• PMT Jedi 2500

I suppouse there are huge differences between different NPA fractions.
/Not sure if he ment Negros or Cebu island, but an American told he like NPA since they made his terrible father-in-law starting to behave ok  :hihi:
/Several Samar people have told they LIKE NPA, finding them doing much better POLICE work than the police...
So you mean all these province Filipinos are naive and foolish AND claim I am the racist?   

So you finally admit you made a mistaken conclusion about the NPA.  Very mature of you.

richpulubi

• PMT Jedi 2500

2. and had CONTROLLED mining companies following the environment rules
tWHAT?! What's hard with checking they - DON'T - follow the environment rules???!!!  WHAT?!
It's the MINING COMPANIES fault they don't follow the environment rules
and even send private army to force away tribe people from where they lived, making one tribe woman die...

Mines are found in remote, very difficult places to get to.  Most are many hours away from civilization and only accessible through difficult dirt roads or helicopters.  And so, the government doesn't have the manpower or money to continually watch these companies if they comply with existing rules.  And so, if there is little reinforcement of the rules, they can be slowly broken over time.  It is human nature to test the boundaries of what you are allowed to do.  And so, if government officials choose to turn a blind eye, or just accept a small 'donation', and if noone complains, then some rules will be broken.

richpulubi

• PMT Jedi 2500
You mean she has a warped sense of how things should be, BECAUSE she think environment rules have to be followed by mining companies or what?   

No, she has a warped sense of her INTERPRETATION of environmental rules.  Like how to define a watershed.  With her definition, practically all land is a watershed, and so NO LAND SHOULD BE MINED.

Also, she is changing the rules in the middle of the game.  Like demanding P2M for every hectare of land mined...as if MONEY will help the condition of the people in the long term.

wilch23

• VIP 6500
The big ones all follow the rules (majority of the rules anyways).
The question is whether the rules are good enough to protect the environment and the people.

Having said that, the law still has to be followed, no more no less.

wilch23

• VIP 6500
My foremost concern is having foreign companies in mining.
If something goes wrong, say disaster, accident or just plain commodity price crash, they can just pack up and leave without fixing up the mess (e.g. Marcopper ).
On the other hand, a local company will have to face the music.

Note: Marcopper is a Canadian company. It has abandoned the mining site and shirked all responsibilities since 1996. It is officially cited as a mining disaster.

wilch23

• VIP 6500
I also had a beef with GLo's spin that the people in mining sites are among the poorest in the country.

That may be true ... BUT, they are ALREADY POOR before any mining started in their locale!
Those places are very remote and undeveloped, what do you expect?!
Ano? Mining in Metro Cebu or Davao?!

Hays. And please don't troll me na, ok
I don't need a pale face to ...

wilch23

• VIP 6500
Chief Justice Ma. Lourdes Sereno has fired the two psychiatrists of the Judicial and Bar Council (JBC) who gave her a poor grade when she applied for the top judicial post.

Her grade then was 4 on a scale of 1-5, 5 being classified as psychotic.

Hmmm ... Due to INCOMPETENCE?
Whose incompetence? hehe

Thomas

• PMT Idol 1000
So you finally admit you made a mistaken conclusion about the NPA.  Very mature of you.
But some are still GOOD. And no change concerning I'm not affraid of NPA, because they don't kill civilians as muslim guerila do.

That mean you say you are NOT mature, because you haven't admited any of your many lies...   :rofl:

Thomas

• PMT Idol 1000
My foremost concern is having foreign companies in mining.
If something goes wrong, say disaster, accident or just plain commodity price crash, they can just pack up and leave without fixing up the mess (e.g. Marcopper ).
On the other hand, a local company will have to face the music. 
  Realy?
I have never heared of any BIG Philippine company paying for mess they have done. 
(Except BIR try some but that's just concerning fake taxes, not environment.)
Do you have any examples?

For instance - if I understood corect - the "restoring" of the nature after a closed ARSENIC mine will be paid by the province GOVERNMENT. They plan to make a recreation park there with a lake among ARSENIC!!!   

richpulubi

• PMT Jedi 2500
But some are still GOOD. And no change concerning I'm not affraid of NPA, because they don't kill civilians as muslim guerila do.

That mean you say you are NOT mature, because you haven't admited any of your many lies...   :rofl:

How do you know the NPA doesn't kill civilians?

For those who want a more balanced view, the MILF, MNLF, and BIFF all want one thing.  They want to keep the land they have had for centuries.  Of course, they consider land beyond their immediate are 'theirs' too by default.  In general, they do not cause any trouble, unless they consider their land threatened.  The problem is, the increasing encroachment of Christians and the business will eventually overlap with their land.

The Muslims don't want war.  They just want to preserve their way of life and their lands.  I know many land disputes that are slowly being worked out in Mindanao between the MI and MN and the local government.  So slowly, they will be assimilated and eventually, gentrified.  Just look at Greenhills,  and Cinema Square.

The Abu Sayaf, on the other hand are different.  They are just bandits and pirates.  They've been pirates even before the Spanish came.  They need to be eradicated.

The NPA are also mostly bandits, who extort money for their 'revolutionary cause'. 

There are far flung areas that have both the government and the NPA who extort money.  And to be fair, the NPA are known to be more consistent.  If you are regular with your extortion payout, they leave you alone.  The government officials, on the other hand, will visit you if it's their birthday or if its Christmas...or any other occasion they can cook up to extort more money.
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2017, 07:01 AM by richpulubi »

PMT Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Post only questions or comments here. Advertisements NOT ALLOWED.
  • Doni_megaworld: Happy Saturday! who's online?
    Today at 08:48 AM
  • Doni_megaworld: Good Morning! who's online?
    Yesterday at 07:34 AM
  • Doni_megaworld: Hi Guys, who's online?
    May 29, 2020, 03:08 PM
  • Doni_megaworld: good morning! who's online?
    May 28, 2020, 08:47 AM
  • Doni_megaworld: good morning guys!
    May 27, 2020, 09:47 AM
  • Doni_megaworld: work work
    May 26, 2020, 02:47 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: What's good in this afternoon?
    May 26, 2020, 02:01 PM
  • Doni_megaworld: agreed
    May 25, 2020, 03:30 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: @lyndrey depende siguro sa seller, so kung mag order kayo online much better na kilala niyo at trusted
    May 25, 2020, 02:29 PM
  • Doni_megaworld: kumusta? sino mga online?
    May 24, 2020, 03:24 PM
  • lyndrey: Do not buy PPE online. Either expensive overpriced or totally damaged or cannot be used
    May 24, 2020, 01:37 PM
  • lyndrey: Online Scammers/online shopping cheats are active with stay at home regimen.
    May 24, 2020, 01:34 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: @razee22 Parang di na po nacoconvert into money ang load po.
    May 12, 2020, 04:07 PM
  • razee22: any advised or recommendation?
    May 12, 2020, 11:16 AM
  • razee22: Paano po ba iconvert ang load into money like Paypal, Paymaya or Gcash?
    May 12, 2020, 11:15 AM
  • razee22: paano po ba iconvert ang load into money? Paypal or Gcash
    May 12, 2020, 11:14 AM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Hellooooo, okay lang ba kayo dyannnn?
    May 11, 2020, 11:40 AM
  • theimprobableone: hi
    May 05, 2020, 11:37 AM
  • freelance_treasure_hunter: hello all...
    Apr 28, 2020, 04:26 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Can someone save me?
    Mar 24, 2020, 01:39 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: I'm tired.
    Mar 24, 2020, 01:39 PM
  • Victorvargas: Hello sa lahat po new lang po dito. Hope na marami matutunan ako about business.
    Mar 21, 2020, 09:43 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Yoh, its been a while.
    Mar 17, 2020, 10:33 AM
  • demi07: Hello everyone! New in pinoymoneytalk :)
    Mar 14, 2020, 01:24 PM
  • theappswitch: Hi!
    Feb 25, 2020, 03:14 PM
  • mike2020: hi po sa inyo lahat
    Feb 23, 2020, 11:52 PM
  • Jayjayqwe: hi po
    Feb 19, 2020, 11:27 PM
  • tirs d pip: hello
    Feb 18, 2020, 02:32 PM
  • Ace1105: Hello sa lahat...  :hello:
    Feb 07, 2020, 09:46 AM
  • FREYAHYARA: Anyone knows where Ig shops like styledom.ph, thriftme, instashoppeavenu and the likes get their items for selling. Would like to venture in the same business but would like to know where and who the suppliers are
    Jan 28, 2020, 09:38 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: To bpc85 kung nakalagay ang inyong names sa beneficiary list ng iyong ama kay may makukuha po kayo.
    Nov 28, 2019, 02:18 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Hellooooo, its been a while. :)
    Nov 28, 2019, 02:16 PM
  • miakashidou31: hi , meron po ba ditong nagta transfer sa paypal?
    Nov 05, 2019, 01:46 PM
  • whennedy: good noon po
    Oct 18, 2019, 12:04 PM
  • edzlpdac: goood day po sa lahat!
    Oct 12, 2019, 03:37 PM
  • bpc85: ask lng sana ako kung may makukuha ba kami ng Mama ko at ako or mga kapatid ko sa benepisyo ng aming Ama bilang membro ng AFPSLAI. thank you po.
    Sep 27, 2019, 12:52 PM
  • bpc85: Hi guys, im new here,.
    Sep 27, 2019, 12:52 PM
  • Anaperdi: Hi just want to know if meron dito who is into boundary hulog ng motorcycle? For mga riders ng courier. Pwede ba magpashare how it works? Naisip ko lang baka pwede ko ibusiness, meron na pala mga posts online pero di pa clear ang system sa akin. thank  you sa makakapansin
    Sep 21, 2019, 11:32 AM
  • Anaperdi: Hi newbie here..
    Sep 21, 2019, 11:19 AM
  • jprios: May contact ba kayo kung sakali?
    Sep 18, 2019, 06:11 PM
  • jprios: Sino pwedeng mahiraman dito?
    Sep 18, 2019, 06:09 PM
  • kfg52: Present!
    Sep 15, 2019, 07:26 PM
  • juju31: san po ba may nag papahiram dito
    Sep 14, 2019, 07:18 PM
  • juju31: hello
    Sep 14, 2019, 07:18 PM
  • FutureGizmo: Thanks julz! Medyo ganun nga trabaho namin ngayon, to monitor spam posts kasi ang daming spam bots. But thanks for reporting. Auto-ban agad ang spammers sa amin haha
    Sep 07, 2019, 12:17 PM
  • julz: @FutureGizmo si @nikkikv18 just posted more than 10 posts about porn sites. hay, spam.
    Sep 03, 2019, 01:05 PM
  • Cid_brent: sino po dyan pwede magbigay send ng paypal funds and I will pay you using gcash?
    Aug 25, 2019, 08:58 PM
  • Meghan91811: Sino po may alam about Rice Farming...
    Aug 25, 2019, 07:44 AM
  • roselove: hello po sa inyo... newbie here
    Aug 06, 2019, 03:31 PM