In retrospect: Pinoy Money Talk in 2007
January 1, 2008
It’s definitely that time of the year when we pause for a while to think about the year that was while, at the same time, planning for the year ahead.
Looking back, 2007 was an eventful and exciting year for Pinoy Money Talk (PMT) as we repositioned the site as a portal on personal finance, banking, investments, trading, and online and offline income opportunities.
The PMT Forum
As of December 31, 2007, the PMT Forum boasts of 4,600+ registered members, 3,700 of which were added in 2007 alone. The number excludes more than 1,000 inactive accounts which were purged last year.
Total number of posted messages reached a record 115,000 with more than half made in 2007 alone. This of course excludes thousands of spam and redundant posts which the moderators deleted that year.
Some Forum stats (2007):
Most Viewed Topics:
- FrancSwiss scam discussion thread (14,002 views)
- PIPC: Performance Investment Products Corporation (13,990 views)
- Rural banks under the Legacy Financial Group offering 20% interest per annum (12,186 views)
Top Posters (non-moderators):
- jinryll71 (1,581 posts)
- starryme16 (1,487 posts)
- Jarlaxle (1,249 posts)
- rainmen (807 posts)
- Biske (750 posts)
Members with Most Time Logged In (non-moderators):
- DropZite (63 days, 5 hours and 53 minutes)
- Wynn (45 days, 7 hours and 50 minutes)
- lehboy (44 days, 8 hours and 1 minute)
The Pinoy Money Talk Blog
Although the PMT site contained articles that date back at the same time the Forum started in 2005, the PinoyMoneyTalk.com blog officially became a “blog” only in September 2006.
Since then, blog articles have been published regularly and now total 534. More than 363 blog posts were made in 2007 or, effectively, one post per day during that year. Blog comments reached 2,778 or 8 comments per article published in 2007.
Some Blog stats (2007) – determined via the “Popularity Contest” plugin :
Most Read Blog Post:
- Is FrancSwiss a scam?
- Christmas Contest: Post a comment and win $25!
- PointShareXtreme admin responds to scam accusation
- $1,163.00 Adsense payout via Western Union
- Anti-Filipino remark on ‘Desperate Housewives’?
Most Commented Article:
- Is FrancSwiss a scam? (1,064 comments)
- Christmas Contest: Post a comment and win $25! (110 comments)
- (Photos, Bio) Gaby dela Merced – Pinoy Big Brother CE 2 Housemate #9 (82 comments)
- FrancSwiss ‘financial adviser’ nabbed by police (78 comments)
- PointShareXtreme admin responds to scam accusation (61 comments)
Events and Media Mentions
The first provincial chapter, the PMT Cebu (Visayas) Chapter, was born only in November but had already conducted two lecture EBs — one about Changing Money Perspective and another about Affiliate Marketing.
During November’s 10th Philippine Web Awards, PMT won as the People’s Choice Awardee in the Blogs Category, thanks to our members and supporters.
A few media companies also started noticing PMT in 2007. An article about Filipinos and sex posted in the blog was mentioned during the Dec. 10 episode of ABS-CBN’s Noypi show.
A Manila Times columnist quoted PMT in July about the FrancSwiss scam.
PMT admin FutureGizmo was also interviewed twice on the DWIZ radio program “Business is Our Business”.
Following the launch in 2006 of the company Pinoy Gold Exchange, an online currency exchanger whose concept was brainstormed at PMT, the site is now becoming a launching platform for income opportunities.
The PMT Forex Club, formed in March, is an informal pooling of funds to be traded in the forex market.
DomainMondo, which started in December, is a PMT initiative that targets the domaining market.
- Blue Chips Investment Club – stock trading group
- Foreclosed Property Investment Group – real estate investing group
Looking Forward to 2008
As we draw 2007 to a close, we thank all our PMT friends, members, feed subscribers, and visitors who made the previous year an exciting and eventful one for PMT.
From all of us here at Pinoy Money Talk, we wish you a prosperous, profitable, and successful 2008!