Performance returns of mutual funds in the Philippines (as of 11/10/2006)
November 13, 2006
Following is a summary of performance returns of Philippine mutual funds as of the week ended November 10, 2006.
As always, when analyzing mutual funds you should not simply look at the NAVPS or Net Asset Value per Share. This number does not necessarily tell you whether the fund is performing well or not, but the change of the NAVPS over time does. Never assume that a fund with a high NAVPS means it is generating high returns. You need to look at actual returns of the fund over a certain time horizon.
Highlights of this week's results
- All stock funds have continued to post growing returns, with First Metro Save and Learn Equity Fund and Philequity Fund, Inc. leading the pack.
- Although United Fund, Inc. is recording positive growth, its return is underperforming the industry average.
- GSIS Kinabukasan Fund, MFCP Kabuhayan Fund, Philam Fund, Inc., and Sun Life Prosperity Balanced Fund, Inc. are already recording an all-time high 30%+ yearly return.
- Legacy HY Fund, Inc. and First Galleon Family Fund, Inc. continue to underperform the industry average, with the latter even failing to match the 1% per annum rate of savings deposit accounts offered by traditional commercial banks.
- For Peso-denominated bond funds, the top performing funds in terms of YTD return are Ekklesia Mutual Fund Inc. (16.29%), Prudential Fixed Income Fund Inc. (13.67%) and Philam Bond Fund, Inc. (12.41%).
- For US Dollar-denominated bond funds, Sun Life Prosperity Dollar Abundance Fund has already inched ahead of Philam Dollar Bond Fund, Inc. in terms of YTD return but the latter has a 2-percentage point lead over the other in terms of 1-year return.
Money market funds
- Sun Life Prosperity Money Market Fund, Inc. continues to perform better than Legacy TD Fund, Inc., with the former earning more than 1-percentage point YTD return compared to the latter fund.
Discuss this in the Mutual funds, UITF and other investments board in the PMT Forum.
Returns of Philippine Mutual Funds, as of November 10, 2006
[tags]mutual funds Philippines, Philippine mutual fund, daily returns, weekly returns, mutual fund performance, Net Asset Value per Share[/tags]
Click for more interesting, useful and related posts:
- www icap com ph
- icap com ph