Best Performing Mutual Funds (1st Quarter 2008)
April 22, 2008
Here is a list of mutual funds ranked based on their performance during the first quarter of 2008.
The rate of return is usually a good measure of performance, but do note that other things such as consistency of return and exposure to risks need to be assessed before you make a placement in any investment fund.
Past performance is not always indicative of future performance.
Below are the mutual funds in the Philippines ranked based on their gross return from January to March 2008.
Performance of Philippine Mutual Funds (as of 1st Quarter 2008)
Equity Funds (primarily invested in Peso equity securities)
- United Fund – (6.86%)
- First Metro Save and Learn Equity Fund – (10.49%)
- Philequity PSE Index Fund – (13.28%)
- Sun Life Prosperity Phil. Equity Fund – (13.86%)
- ATR KimEng Equity Opportunity Fund – (14.55%)
- Philequity Fund – (14.90%)
- Philam Strategic Growth Fund – (16.21%)
- Philippine Stock Index Fund – (17.59%)
Balanced Funds (primarily invested in Peso debt and equity securities)
- First Metro Save and Learn Balanced Fund Inc. – 1.36%
- First Galleon Family Fund – 0.01%
- Sun Life Prosperity Balanced Fund – (10.19%)
- Optima Balanced Fund – (10.27%)
- MFCP Kabuhayan Fund – (10.44%)
- GSIS Mutual Fund – (14.01%)
- Philam Fund, Inc. - (14.05%)
Foreign Currency-denominated Balanced Funds
- Sun Life Prosperity Dollar Advantage Fund – (0.21%)
Bond Funds (primarily invested in Peso debt securities)
- Cocolife Fixed Income Fund – 2.08%
- ALFM Peso Bond Fund – 1.15%
- Ekklesia Mutual Fund – 0.99%
- Philam Managed Income Fund – 0.43%
- Philam Bond Fund – 0.34%
- Sun Life Prosperity Bond Fund – 0.16%
- Legacy GS Fund – (0.43%)
- Sun Life Prosperity GS Fund – (1.26%)
- Prudentialife Fixed Income Fund – (1.64%)
- First Metro Save and Learn Fixed Income Fund – (2.11%)
Foreign Currency-denominated Bond Funds
- Grepalife Dollar Bond Fund – 2.22%
- Grepalife Fixed Income Fund Corp. – 1.45%
- ALFM Dollar Bond Fund – 1.39%
- Philequity Dollar Income Fund – 1.10%
- Philam Dollar Bond Fund – 0.87%
- ALFM Euro Bond Fund – 0.53%
- MAA Privilege Dollar Fixed Income Fund – (0.70%)
- Sun Life Prosperity Dollar Abundance Fund – (0.74%)
- MAA Privilege Euro Fixed Income Fund – (0.86%)
Money Market Funds (primarily invested in short-term Peso securities)
- Sun Life Prosperity Money Market Fund – 0.56%
- Philequity Money Market Fund – (0.17%)
- Legacy TD Fund – (0.43%)
- ATR KimEng Money Market Fund – (2.22%)
* Figures in (xxx) denote a loss.
All figures taken from the Investment Company Association of the Philippines website (www.icap.com.ph).
To learn more about mutual fund investing, visit the Mutual Funds section of this site.
Discuss mutual funds, UITFs, and other investment opportunities in the Mutual Fund and UITF Discussion Board of the Forum.