How to edit Facebook posts and comments (New FB feature!)
August 10, 2012
How many times have you regretted pressing the “Enter” button and submitting a comment on Facebook because you discovered that there was a typo or grammatical error in that post?
How many times have you wondered if there was a way to edit or change a comment instead of deleting it and starting all over again?
Thanks to a new Facebook feature, there is now a way.
In the past, Facebook users were unable to edit an old post on their Wall or a comment they made on somebody else’s post. It was actually possible before — but this can only be done within seconds after a post was made. On the top-right area of the post, click the “X” button and instead of deleting the comment, Facebook allows you to edit the post. But then again, this is only possible if the post was submitted within the last 30 seconds.
Fortunately now, there is no need to beat that time. With the new Facebook feature rolled out since June 2012, users can edit comments or posts they made hours ago, days ago, and even years ago.
How to edit posts or comments on Facebook
1. Go to the comment you want to edit and click the “Pencil” icon on the upper-right hand corner of your post.
2. In the dropdown menu, you are given two options: “Edit” or “Delete”. Choose “Edit” to change the post you have made. Again, it is possible to edit a comment regardless of the time you posted it. It is possible to edit a post made several years ago.
3. Edit your post or comment as you please.
4. When finished, press “Enter” or “Return” to save the edited post. If you changed your mind and do not want to edit the post anymore, simply press the “Escape (Esc)” button or close your browser.
5. Revisions or changes made in your posts are tracked via the “Edited” link at the bottom of your edited post. When clicked, it displays the Edit History made on the post so as show readers that the post has been changed.
That’s it. Enjoy editing your Facebook posts and comments!
Update: After trying this new Facebook feature, we have seen several restrictions as to this Edit Post feature.
One: It is not yet possible to edit your own Wall post. There seems to be no “edit” option even after clicking the Pencil icon. It appears edits are only allowed in the comments you have made as a reply on a post, not in your own Wall posts.
Two: Pages are not yet allowed to edit posts or comments, regardless if they are Wall posts or comments in a post. Even owners of the Page cannot edit the posts as long as they were made when logged in as a Page.
Click for more interesting, useful and related posts:
- how to edit fb post
- how to edit a post on fb
- how do you edit a post on fb
- how to edit facebook post on ipad
- how to edit post on fb
- how to edit a facebook post on ipad
- how to edit post in fb
- how to edit fb post on ipad
- how to edit a fb post
- edit fb post