UPDATE: PayPal Philippines accounts are now eligible to accept payments. Alternatively, you can use Xoom to accept PayPal payments from abroad. The article below has more details on that. Note, however, that Xoom cannot be used to withdraw funds from PayPal Philippines accounts.
Using the money transfer service Xoom, you can accept funds from a PayPal user even if you don’t have a PayPal account. The sender can pay you using his or her PayPal balance, credit card, or bank account. Details of the two ways to receive PayPal payments below.
Method 1: Request Money
Use Xoom’s Request Money form to send an email payment request to payors. The money sender needs to have a Xoom account to facilitate the transfer. Here’s how to request money:
- 1. Go to Xoom’s website. Login to your account, open a new account if you don’t have one, or directly fill up a request money form.
- 2. Request money from your payor using the “Request Money” link at the bottom menu of the site.
- 3. Fill up the “Request Money” form with your and the sender’s details, your note to the sender, and the security code. The Request Money form looks like this.
- 4. Click “Send Email” and you’re done! Now you just have to wait for the payor to send you money. Again, the payor needs to have a Xoom account to make the transfer.
Method 2: Using Payment Buttons
If you are a merchant selling goods or services to international customers online, you can use Xoom’s payment buttons to receive PayPal. (This is very useful especially for those selling in eBay). Here’s how:
- 1. Go to Xoom’s website. Login to your account or open a new account if you don’t have one.
- 2. Go to “My Profile” and add the details of your local bank account so that funds paid to you will be deposited directly to your bank account.
- 3. Create your payment buttons by clicking the “Merchants” link at the bottom menu of the site and clicking “Create payment buttons”.
- 4. In the “Create Payment Button” page, fill up the item details including the price and shipping amount, if applicable. The “Create Payment Button” page looks like this.
- 5. Click “Create Button” and add the resulting HTML codes in your site or auction listing. Buyers who click on your payment buttons can send you PayPal funds which will then be deposited to your bank account.
Do note that in most cases your PayPal sender needs to have a Xoom account first before he or she can make the transfer. Additional fees, which are usually higher than what PayPal normally charges, are also imposed on every transaction.
Be reminded, too, that Xoom has strict, sometimes strange, rules on money transfers. One bad experience I had with Xoom (although recently all have been very good) is in the article Problems with Xoom.com.
Must read these other related, useful articles:
7 thoughts on “Using Xoom to accept PayPal payments”
I do have a problem attaching my bank account to my xoom account, I have a dollar account here in the philippines, but the currency button on xoom doesn’t seem to work, it just stays on phillipine pesos, the dollar currency isn’t clickable at all,I’ve already emailed them but they’re still not replying, tips from xoom users will be appreciated. thank you
Hi j, that means your dollar bank account is not accepted as a payment method in Xoom. According to Xoom, they can send funds to the following accounts:
Deposit to U.S. dollar accounts:
Banco de Oro
Bank of the Philippine Islands
BPI Family Savings Bank
Equitable PCI Bank
HSBC Savings Bank
Philippine National Bank
RCBC Savings Bank
United Coconut Planters Bank
Deposit to peso accounts:
Asia United Bank
Bank of Commerce
China Banking Corp.
Development Bank of the Philippines
East West Bank
Equitable Savings Bank
Export Industry Bank
GE Money Savings Bank
International Exchange Bank
Land Bank of the Philippines
Philippine Business Bank
Philippine Veterans Bank
United Overseas Bank
what are the banks that can capable to deposit or transfer money to paypal account?
Nice Article !!! Very informative indeed.
BTW…Philippine Recruitment Agency for abroad is the name of the search facility that I’ve developed. It specifically designed to enable Filipinos to find jobs abroad.
Try it out –
I wonder if there are “real” customer agents of xoom because I did have serious problems with xoom. I sent several messages but they didn’t answer my querry. The answers were different. I hope xoom refunds my money though my paypal account. I’m sick and tired of sending messages anymore. I’m not angry I’m just expressing my experience. Thanks
how can i transfer money in paypal to xoom without debit card or credit card?
In situation of infection, some STDs can be easily handled.
This is simply because your physique accumulates all the
calories that it does not use and shop them as fat. Alternative sites have truly inappropriate content material.