How to Franchise: Dencio’s Restaurant
Are you looking to bring the “Barrio into the Metropolis”? Do you want to run a business that offers the full Pinoy provincial dining experience? Then you might be interested to franchise Dencio’s Bar and Grill!
Dencio’s Bar and Grill, or simply referred to as Dencio’s, is a provincial-style restaurant that promotes Philippine traditions.
Dencio’s is actually a variant of the name “Dennis” — also the names of the restaurant’s two co-founders: Dennis Nakpil and Dennis Mariano Jr.
The founders’ principle was to “bring the Barrio into the metropolis.” They wanted to go beyond what usual restaurants offered and aimed to replicate the provincial dining experience in the metropolis. The first Dencio’s Bar and Grill was opened in 1991 in Quezon City.
The restaurant serves Filipino-favorite dishes such as Crispy Pata, Kare Kare, and Sisig. But it’s primarily Dencio’s grilled dishes that customers crave for.
In 2004, Dencio’s became part of the Pancake House Group when the company was acquired for P168 Million. Ten years later, in 2014, Pancake House was acquired by Max’s Group in a deal valued at almost P4 Billion.
Qualification of a Dencio’s Franchisee
Dencio’s prefers its franchisees to posses the following traits:
- An entrepreneurial mind with a strong desire to succeed
- Strong background in managing people
- Willing to undergo full-time training in the restaurant’s operations
- Hands-on and willing to dedicate time to overseeing the day-to-day operations
In terms of the franchise cost, the actual amount will depend on the store the franchisee wishes to operate, be it a “shell type” store or a “stand-alone store”.
For Shell-type or retro-fit restaurant, the franchise fee and total investment may range from P9 Million to P12 Million.
If you want to franchise a Free-standing or Stand-alone store, the franchise investment fee ranges from P12 Million to P15 Million.
Take note that the required floor area for shell-type stores is 160-180 square meters, while for stand-alone stores, the required size is 180-300 square meters.
In addition to the initial franchise cost outlay, Dencio’s also charges a 10% monthly license fee charged against the franchisee’s net sales.
The franchise term is for 10 years.
Franchise Package Inclusions
The franchise investment includes the following benefits:
- Trade Name, Dencio’s method of doing business
- Operations Manual
- Store Construction
- Air-conditioning unit
- Furniture and fixtures
- Assistance in Site selection
- Management Team and Crew Training
- Continuous support in promotional, business, and operational concerns
- Periodic visits from Area Supervisors
Franchise Application Steps
If you’re interested to apply as a Dencio’s franchisee, follow these steps.
- Prepare a proposal containing the following:
- Letter of Intent – with your exact mailing address, contact numbers, etc.
- Proposal of your store location – preferably with a vicinity map of the proposed site
2. Email the documents to:
Daryl Kay L. Samonte
Assistant Business Development Supervisor
3. Dencio’s will then review your application and contact you once approved.
If you have any questions or inquiries, you may contact Dencio’s at:
Pancake House Center
2259 Pasong Tamo Extension
Makati City, Philippines
Telephone Numbers: +632-8172966; +632-8942000 local 872
See other franchise opportunities in the Philippines: Complete list of Philippine companies available for Franchising
View Related Posts