How to Franchise: Keno Lotto Express Outlet from PCSO
Do you want to become a Keno Lotto Express agent in the Philippines?
Keno is one of the products offered by the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO), a government agency mandated to raise and generate funds to be used for the health programs, medical assistance and services programs, and charities of the Philippine government.
You can read this other article on how to become a PCSO lotto outlet agent, but if you’re interested to run your separate Keno Lotto Express outlet, continue reading below.
How to Play Keno
Keno Lotto Express is a game of chance played every ten (10) minutes that allows players to choose how many numbers to play and how much money to bet. Keno bettors pay per play and have a chance to win as much as P1 million.
The common Keno game is called the SPOT game. The player first decides how many Spot numbers, from 1 to 10, to play per game. Let’s suppose you chose Spot 8. You then have to choose eight (8) numbers, from 1 to 80, to be your game play numbers. You can also choose how much you want to play, which could range from “P10.00” to “x10” (or times 10). This determines how much you will win if your game play numbers were drawn. The actual amount of money you will win can be seen on the Keno prize payout table. During each 10-minute Keno game, twenty (20) numbers will be randomly drawn. You win if your chosen numbers match the numbers drawn.
A Keno variation game is called the HI-LOW game. You will need to choose a minimum of 1 to a maximum of 10 numbers from 1 to 80 and then choose either “HI” or “LOW”. If you chose “HI” (High), you win if at least 13 out of the 20 numbers drawn are high numbers, that is from 41 to 80. If you chose “LOW,” you win if 13 numbers drawn are low, or numbers from 1 to 40.
How to Apply to Become Keno Agent
If you’re applying as an individual, PCSO requires the applicant to be a Filipino citizen at least 21 years old. Companies or organizations (with juridical personality) applying to become a Keno agent must be 100% Filipino-owned and duly registered under existing Philippine laws.
The individual applicant must submit the following documentary requirements:
- Birth certificate
- Three copies of 2×2 ID photos of applicant and spouse, if applicable
- Two valid IDs
- NBI Clearance
- Barangay Clearance
- Proof of income (see details below)
- such as Income Tax Return
- Certificate of Employment
If OFW or Seafarer:
- Certificate of Employment
- OFW E-card or Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC)
- Seafarer Identification Record Book (SIRB) or Seaman’s Passbook, for seafarers
- Bank Certification of Deposit
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
- Business Registration, if applicable
- Audited Financial Statements, if applicable
Meanwhile, companies or organizations with juridical personality are required to submit the following documents:
- Certified True Copy of SEC registration, Articles of Incorporation, and By-Laws
- Biodata of company officers and directors
- Company’s ITR for the immediate preceding year
- Latest Audited Financial Statements
- Secretary’s Certificate or Board Resolution duly authorizing a company representative to transact with the PCSO regarding Keno Lotto Express application, including:
- Three copies of 2×2 ID photos of the company representative
- Two valid IDs
- Latest and original NBI clearance
Additional Documentary Requirements
Apart from the required documents above, the applicant must also prepare and submit:
- Sketch or location map of the proposed Keno Lotto Express booth location
- Photos of the proposed location, including its vicinity
- Proof of ownership or lease contract of the proposed location (for owners, submit copy of TCT or land title; if lessee, submit copy of lease contract and/or certification from building owner)
Keno Lotto Express Booth Requirements
- Floor space of at least 2m x 2m. The business counter should be at least 36″ x 24″.
- Dry floor space with proper ventilation.
- With at least one (1) wireless or fixed landline telephone facility for hotline operation use.
- For security reasons, all lotto outlets should be enclosed and must face the direction of human traffic/entry. Frontage must face the main hallway/corridor or to the direction of major traffic flow.
- For outlets located within a commercial building or complex with 24-hours security, Keno booths need not be enclosed.
- One set of Personal computer (PC) with minimum 21-inch colored LCD or LED monitor to display drawing of Keno numbers
PCSO Keno Lotto Express Application Steps
Follow these steps when applying to become a Keno outlet agent.
1. Submit to PCSO the application form (may be downloaded from PCSO website) and additional documentary requirements mentioned above.
2. Pay the amount of P2,500 as application fee to the PCSO Treasury Department (in Main Office) or Cashier (in PCSO branch office).
3. Upon receiving the Notice of Approval from PCSO, you have thirty (30) days to:
- Pay the P10,000 installation fee to the PCSO Treasury Department (in Main Office) or Cashier (in PCSO branch office); and
- Post a Cash Bond in the amount of P300,000 or submit a Surety Bond to cover the amount of P700,000.
Check out other franchising opportunities: Complete list of Philippine companies available for Franchising
Information and Image Sources: PCSO website (www.pcso.gov.ph) and PCSO Lotto Results Facebook page