You may download here for free a sample template or copy of the Affidavit of Undertaking which you must submit to the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) if you plan to renew your PRC license but are unable to meet the required CPD units.
CPD Units Not Required in 2019 and 2020
Good news! According to the PRC, from January 2019 until December 2020, applicants may renew their PRC ID without having to fully comply with the CPD requirement. The only requirement is that, prior to renewal, the applicant must execute an “Affidavit of Undertaking”.
This document is an indication of the applicant’s express assurance that he or she will soon undertake and comply with the required credit units on Continuing Professional Development (CPD). Take note that the form must be notarized prior to submission.
Affidavit of Undertaking for CPD Units
To explain, what this “Affidavit of Undertaking” contains are your specific promises to:
- Undertake to comply with the required number of CPD credit units during the validity of your PRC ID; and to
- Submit proof of compliance with the required number of CPD units during the next renewal of the PRC ID.
Take note that the affidavit also states that in case you fail to comply with the required number of CPD credit units by the time you will have to renew your PRC license (usually after 3 years), you agree that the PRC may no longer validly renew your PRC ID. That is the rule unless, of course, the CPD law is repealed or abolished. In response to public clamor, several politicians have recently filed bills in Congress with the intention of revising or abolishing the CPD law.
For now, however, all licensed professionals wishing to renew their licenses may do so, without fulfilling the required CPD units, as long as they submit a Certificate of Undertaking. This is the temporary rule adopted by the PRC for 2019 until December 2020.
UPDATE 2019: The PRC ID online renewal website already includes an “Undertaking” section in the PRC ID Renewal Form which you will have to print when applying to renew your PRC ID. Inquire with the PRC if that form is already enough. If confirmed, then you might no longer need to use the template below. (See also: How to Renew your PRC ID Online (A Step-by-Step Guide)
Looking for a free copy of the Affidavit of Undertaking? Click the image below or the following link to download a Microsoft Word template of the PRC-Form-Affidavit-of-Undertaking-CPD.
PRC Affidavit of Undertaking for CPD Units
AFFIDAVIT OF UNDERTAKING
I, ____________________, Filipino, single/married, a registered and licensed ___________ (profession), with address at __________________ after having been duly sworn in accordance with law hereby depose and state that:
1. I applied for the renewal of my Professional Identification Card (PIC) with the Professional Regulation Commission;
2. As requirement for the renewal of my PIC to date, I have to submit proof of ___ (number of) CPD Credit Units in compliance with Republic Act (RA) No. 10912 or the Continuing Professional Development Act of 2016, and its Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) on the next renewal of my PIC;
3. Due to ______________________________________________,
(state reason), I failed to comply with the required CPD credit units. Attached herein is/are ___________________________ (proof or evidence, if any).
4. I undertake to comply with the required ____ CPD credit units during the validity of my PIC in additional to the required _____ CPD Credit Units for the subsequent renewal period;
5. I will submit proof of my compliance with ____ total number of CPD Credit Units during the next renewal of my PIC:
6. I understand that in the event I fail to submit compliance with the required total number of CPD Credit Units, I cannot renew my PIC on the next succeeding renewal periods;
7. I am executing this affidavit to attest to the truth and veracity of the foregoing statements for whatever legal purpose it may serve;
8. AFFIANTS FURTHER SAYETH NAUGHT.
SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN to before me this __ day of ______ 2019, at ___________, Philippines, affiant exhibiting to me his/her ______________ (valid issued government Identification Card) issued on __________ at ___________.
Series of 2019