We reported a few weeks ago that starting November 2007, Google Adsense publishers can receive their earnings through the Western Union Quick Cash option.
This week I will try to encash my Adsense earnings using Western Union (WU) and will report my experience here.
Here’s a guide for those opting to use the WU payout method.
How to pick up a Western Union Quick Cash payment
1. Locate a Western Union agent that offers the Quick Cash service from the site .
2. Prepare the following before visiting the WU branch.
- The amount of your payment
- The Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) for this payment
- Your government issued ID (Passport, Driver’s License, TIN ID, SSS ID, etc)
- Sender’s information:
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043
The payment amount and MTCN can be found by clicking on the ‘details’ link next to the Payment Issued line on My Account > Payment History in your Google Adsense account (see screenshot).
3. Go to the WU agent, show them the information in #2, and inform them you would like to pick up a Quick Cash payment.
A few notes:
- You need to tell WU you are picking up a Quick Cash payment
- You need to pickup the payment within 35 days or it will be credited back to your account
- Don’t forget to bring a valid government issued ID, the sender’s information, payment amount, and MTCN
- Payments can be made in US Dollars but you have the option to receive it in your local currency. Conversion rates depend on the rate used by WU on the pickup date
The Western Union Quick Cash method surely is a better alternative to Adsense’s Secured Express Delivery Checks because the former is FREE of charge (as opposed to Secured Checks’ $24 processing fee) and is available just one day after payment date (vs. Secured Checks’ 1-week lead time).
Got your Adsense payment via WU? Tell us your story!