During the first six months of 2011, we assessed the performance of more than 200 blogs using four (4) measures related to Website Traffic and User Engagement. The result: a list of the Top 100 Popular Blogs in the Philippines.
As we’ve explained before, high traffic alone does not make a site popular. A truly popular site has HIGH-QUALITY TRAFFIC, which is a combination of high number of visitors and high level of interaction between the user and the site. A detailed explanation of these metrics can be found in our post 100 Most Popular Blogs in the Philippines in 2010.
Here is the list of the Philippines’ Top 100 Popular Blogs from January to June 2011. If you want to announce to your readers your achievement, you may download and use the Top 100 Popular Blogs badge below and link it to this article.
Top 100 Popular Blogs badge location: http://www.pinoymoneytalk.com/images/100MostPopularBlogs-June2011.gif
URL of Top 100 Blogs list: http://www.pinoymoneytalk.com/top-100-popular-blogs-philippines-june-2011/
Top 100 Most Popular Blogs in the Philippines (as of June 2011)
Top 10 Blogs with Most Unique Visitors (from January-June 2011)
- BatangasToday.com – 246,192 unique monthly visitors
- Rickey.org – 162,051 unique monthly visitors
- DailyContributor.com – 70,079 unique monthly visitors
- Mykiru.blogspot.com – 55,113 unique monthly visitors
- NursingCrib.com – 48,615 unique monthly visitors
- JunAuza.com – 42,393 unique monthly visitors
- JaypeeOnline.net – 38,886 unique monthly visitors
- ChuvaChienes.com – 37,587 unique monthly visitors
- PanlasangPinoy.com – 30,818 unique monthly visitors
- PhilBoxing.com – 29,503 unique monthly visitors
Unique Visitors refers to the number of visitors per month that registered a unique pageview. Of course, the higher the number of visitors, the higher the traffic to the site. However, high traffic alone does not automatically translate to popularity. This traffic must be of high-quality in order to produce quality interaction between the user and the site and, ultimately, effective advertisement to advertisers. This is the reason why, aside from Unique Visitors, three “User Engagement” metrics were also employed in this survey.
Top 10 Blogs with Highest Pageviews per User (from January-June 2011)
- Istorya.net – 15.20 pages viewed per user per visit
- StyleManila.com – 11.20 pages viewed per user per visit
- PinoyFitness.com – 7.90 pages viewed per user per visit
- PinoyAmbisyoso.com – 7.30 pages viewed per user per visit
- ForeclosurePhilippines.com – 7.00 pages viewed per user per visit
- TheFilipinoEntrepreneur.com – 7.00 pages viewed per user per visit
- MotorcyclePhilippines.com – 6.60 pages viewed per user per visit
- FinanceManila.net – 6.20 pages viewed per user per visit
- MattsCradle.com – 5.30 pages viewed per user per visit
- Lynxjuan.com – 5.10 pages viewed per user per visit
Higher Pageviews per User means a site visitor is browsing through several pages on the site, a sign that the blog is useful to the visitor.
Top 10 Blogs with Longest User Time on Site (from January-June 2011)
- StyleManila.com – 17.09 minutes per user
- Istorya.net – 17.05 minutes per user
- ForeclosurePhilippines.com – 15.24 minutes per user
- PinoyFitness.com – 14.43 minutes per user
- PinoyAmbisyoso.com – 12.34 minutes per user
- TheFilipinoEntrepreneur.com – 9.8 minutes per user
- MattsCradle.com – 9.16 minutes per user
- MotorcyclePhilippines.com – 8.61 minutes per user
- FinanceManila.net – 8.36 minutes per user
- GenSantos.com – 5.99 minutes per user
Longer Time on Site means longer interaction period between the site and the user, a sign of the blog’s usefulness to the visitor. Longer interaction could also lead to user loyalty and ad conversion.
Top 10 Blogs with Lowest Bounce Rate (from January-June 2011)
- Lynxjuan.com – 16.8% of visitors viewing only one page
- StyleManila.com – 25.3% of visitors viewing only one page
- Istorya.net – 26.8% of visitors viewing only one page
- ForeclosurePhilippines.com – 32.8% of visitors viewing only one page
- PinoyFitness.com – 32.9% of visitors viewing only one page
- FinanceManila.net – 34.8% of visitors viewing only one page
- TheFilipinoEntrepreneur.com – 35.3% of visitors viewing only one page
- MelvinBlog.com – 35.4% of visitors viewing only one page
- MotorcyclePhilippines.com – 39.6% of visitors viewing only one page
- PinoyAmbisyoso.com – 49.1% of visitors viewing only one page
Bounce Rate refers to the percentage of visits compared to the total number of visitors that viewed only one page on the site. A lower Bounce Rate suggests that the landing page (entry page) was effective and not a disappointment to the user.
Top 5 Biggest Gainers
Here are five blogs that surged the most in terms of ranking during the 6-month period from January to June 2011.
- Mykiru.blogspot.com – up 53 notches, to #14
- PinoyAmbisyoso.com – up 40 notches, to #4
- PinayAds.com – up 34 notches, to #15
- JessicaRulesTheUniverse.com – up 34 notches, to #61
- WhyNotCoconut.com – up 33 notches, to #33
Top 5 Biggest Decliners
There were also blogs that suffered steep declines during the past six months. They are:
- 5ThirtyOne.com – down 50 levels, to #78
- MillionaireActs.com – down 41 levels, to #97
- GetItFromBoy.net – down 35 levels, to #75
- WhimsicalBeing.blogspot.com – down 33 levels, to #88
- EllenTordesillas.com – down 32 levels, to #68
Criteria for Eligibility
Only blogs that meet the following criteria are included in the list:
- “Filipino-made” and/or “made primarily for the Philippine market”
- not owned by a private or public company
- have at least one (1) new post in the last six (6) months
- not a content farm or blog scraper
- does not primarily feature nude or sexy pictures or videos
- does not primarily offer streaming / download / links to copyrighted media or themes, layouts, games, software, etc.
- should not promote sex, violence, terrorism, discrimination or anything that violates generally accepted morals and public policy
Some blogs included in the previous list were removed from this list because they have been offering videos or streaming of copyrighted media. Other blogs were also not included because they do not have Compete.com data yet.
If you know of a blog that should be part of the list, email us or post a comment below.
The next update of the Top 100 Popular Blogs in the Philippines will be on January 16, 2012. Enter your email address below to be notified of the list once it’s released.
Disclaimer: The figures for each blog are estimates provided by Compete.com and Alexa.com. Actual site data may vary.