Do you want to know how much your new take-home pay is under the approved TRAIN tax reform law of the Philippines?
We provide below an income tax table which shows:
- (1) how much tax is currently being deducted from your salary per month; and
- (2) how much the new tax will be beginning January 2018 under the Tax Reform for Acceleration and Inclusion (TRAIN) program approved into law by Pres. Rodrigo Duterte
You’ll then get to see how much your salary will increase by the additional take-home pay to be given to you because of the reduced income tax rates under the approved tax reform.
(UPDATE): We compiled all articles related to the TRAIN law on this page: TRAIN Law and BIR Tax Implementing Guidelines. Click the link to access BIR’s implementing rules and regulations and examples of how to compute applicable taxes.
Additional Take-Home Pay under TRAIN Tax Reform
* * * UPDATED resources on the approved TRAIN Tax Reform below:
- New BIR Income Tax Rates under TRAIN Law
- What’s included in the approved Philippine TRAIN Tax Reform?
- List of VAT-exempt items under new TRAIN Tax Reform
We provide below a more comprehensive tax table showing the additional take-home pay for monthly salaries up to P250,000. Here’s how to read the tax table:
- Look for the row closest to the amount of gross salary you’re receiving per month.
- Check the corresponding next column which shows how much withholding tax is currently being deducted from your salary.
- The next column “Monthly Tax in 2018 (under Tax Reform)” shows the expected amount of income tax that will be deducted from your salary beginning January 2018.
- Finally, the column “Additional Take-Home Pay per Month” shows your tax savings, that is, how much incremental salary you will receive as additional take-home pay due to the implementation of the reduced personal income tax rates.
Income Tax Table: Additional Take-Home Pay under TRAIN
|Monthly Salary||Monthly Tax in 2017 (Current)||Monthly Tax in 2018 (under Tax Reform)||Additional Take-Home Pay per Month (under 2018 Tax Reform)|
Source: BIR Tax Calculator and ABS-CBN Pinoy Tax Reform Calculator