On December 19, 2017, Pres. Rodrigo Duterte signed Republic Act RA 10963 or Tax Reform for Acceleration and Inclusion or the TRAIN law. It provides for the increase in take-home pay of salaried Filipino by reducing income tax rates, while increasing and rationalizing tax rates in other goods and services.
The TRAIN law became effective beginning January 2018.
Here are relevant articles related to the TRAIN tax reform and accompanying guidelines issued by the Bureau of Internal Revenue or BIR to address the implementation of the said law.
Sample Tax Computations and BIR Guidelines
- 8% BIR Tax Rule for Self-Employed and Professionals
- Registration Steps: How to Avail of 8% Tax Rate for Self-Employed & Professionals
- Sample Computations: Tax for Mixed Income Earners under TRAIN
- Sample Computations: Tax for Self-Employed and Professionals under TRAIN
- Sample Computations: Donor’s Tax in the Philippines under TRAIN
- Sample Computations: Estate Taxation in the Philippines
- Sample Computations: Personal Income Taxes of Salaried Employees
- How to Use the BIR Withholding Tax Table on Compensation under TRAIN
- Sample Computation: Minimum Wage Earners under TRAIN
Primers on the TRAIN Tax Law of the Philippines
- UPDATED: New Income Tax Rates and Tax Tables under TRAIN
- What’s included in the approved Philippine TRAIN Tax Reform?
- Comparing: Old BIR Income Tax Rates vs. New TRAIN Income Tax Tables
- New Tax Rates on Passive Income under TRAIN
- 10 TRAIN Tax Reform Items that You Probably Didn’t Know
- New BIR Withholding Tax Rules for Professionals and Self-Employed
- Here’s your new Take-Home Pay under TRAIN Tax Reform
- List of VAT-exempt items under new Tax Reform
- Other Tax and BIR-Related Articles
BIR RR, RMO, and Circulars (with PDF download)
- BIR Revenue Memorandum Order: RMO 23-2018 (8% Tax Rate for Self-Employed and Professionals)
- BIR Revenue Regulation: RR 8-2018 (TRAIN Income Tax Guidelines)
- BIR Revenue Regulation: RR 12-2018 (Donor’s Tax)
- BIR Revenue Regulation: RR 12-2018 (Estate Tax)
- BIR Revenue Regulation RR 2-2018 (Tax on Petroleum Products)
- BIR Revenue Regulation: RR 3-2018 (Revised Tax Rates on Tobacco Products)
- BIR Revenue Regulation: RR 5-2018 (New Excise Taxes on Cars)
- BIR Memorandum Circular: RMC 1-2018 (Revised Withholding Tax on Compensation Income)