When it comes to “sarap-to-the-bones” fried chicken, Pinoys will take it to the Max’s!
If you’re interested to be part of Max’s Restaurant’s family, then this guide will tell you the application steps and how much you need in order to franchise a Max’s outlet.
About Max’s Restaurant
In 1945, a Stanford University graduate named Maximo Gimenez built a roadside cafe in Quezon City much to the insistence of his several American soldier friends. This humble eatery started the story of “the house that fried chicken built”, Max’s Restaurant.
The well-loved fried chicken recipe was developed by Ruby Sanvictores, Gimenez’s niece and the resto’s first cook. This dish has become a household name among Filipino families that it became the benchmark for a true Pinoy-style fried chicken.
Today, Max’s is considered as the pioneer in the fast-casual dining Filipino and still continues to serve authentic Filipino cuisine with its more than a hundred outlets in the Philippines and overseas.
Franchising Fee and Investment
The franchise fee and total investment required to operate a Max’s restaurant ranges from P12 Million to P20 Million, depending on the type and size of the restaurant.
This cash outlay already includes construction cost, start up capital, equipment, and initial supplies including furniture and fixtures of the store.
The franchise fee also includes the right to use Max’s logos, name, trademarks, recipes and other trading aspects.
But wait, there’s more! In addition to the initial investment above, franchisees must also settle the following from the monthly gross sale of the restaurant:
- 5% Royalty Fee
- 3.5% Advertising and Promo Fee
“Gross sales” include the aggregate amount of all sales and services of the restaurant while the advertising fund will be used exclusively in the formulation, development and production of advertising and promotions program.
Aside from being an ambassador of well-loved Filipino food, Max’s will provide franchisees with the following support and services:
- Site Selection, Design and Planning
- Developmental and Management Training on Administrative and Operational Matters
- Marketing Assistance and Operational Support
- Point of Sale (POS) Technology and Research and Development Procurement
- A Network With the Growing Franchisees Local and Abroad
Site Requirements and Terms
The minimum area required for a mall location is 200 square meters, while for stand-alone stores, the requirement is 250 square meters. The proposed location should be visible in a high traffic commercial or residential area that is accessible and convenient for both pedestrians and motorists.
The operation term is 6 years which is renewable for 3 additional terms for a total of 24 years.
Return on Investment (ROI) and Payback Period
It takes approximately 6 to 9 months before a Max’s Restaurant is ready for operations.
According to the company, it takes an average of 4 to 5 years to recover the franchisee’s total investment, with the actual length of the payback period highly dependent of course on the overall performance of the store.
Qualifications of a Franchisee
To be approved as a franchisee, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Preferably with experience in food or other retail business
- Financial capability
- Has a good network in the trade area of the proposed store
- Will dedicate time or has the infrastructure to manage the store
Follow these procedures to start your Max’s franchise journey:
- Submit a letter of intent (including why are you qualified as a franchisee) addressed to:
- Max’s Franchising, Inc.
- 3/F Max’s Baclaran Bldg.
- Roxas Boulevard
- Parañaque City
2. Fill out the Franchise Evaluation Form
3. Attend a preliminary interview, bringing with you the vicinity map (location) of your proposed Max’s restaurant
4. Study the Franchise Disclosure Document with your lawyer
5. Attend a corporate interview
6. Review agreements and attend orientation
7. Have your proposed site evaluate and approved
Franchising Contact Details
Do you have other concerns about the Max’s franchise? Contact:
Mr. Kerwin P. Esteve
Franchise Development and Relationship Manager
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Telephone Number: (02) 7849000
Interested with other franchising offers in the Philippines? Click here: Complete list of Philippine companies available for Franchising
Information and Image Sources: appsdev.maxschicken.com, Food Cart Franchise Philippines, Franchise Guide Philippines, Official Company Website