How to spot fake money
Do you know what makes a Philippine Peso bill a fake?
If you don’t, these pointers from the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) on how to spot fake currency will definitely come in handy.
- Genuine currency notes are a bit rough in texture while counterfeit bills are very smooth.
- Genuine bills also have embossed watermarks. They have window security thread, colored green to magenta when exposed to light.
- For P10 and P5, genuine coins are not magnetic, have deep “griddings”, and made of smooth, fine metal. Designs of counterfeit coins are off-centered.
- Genuine one centavo to P1 coins can either be magnetic or non-magnetic. But the BSP said no coins of such denomination have been faked yet.
- Lastly, authentic currencies don’t have Manny Pacquiao’s face. Well, not yet, that is…
Smile and rate this post! Thank you!