How to Franchise: Monterey Meatshop in the Philippines
Meat is part of a Filipino family’s everyday life. That’s a ton of meat consumed everyday!
If you want the meaty details on how you can franchise one of the most popular meat shops in the Philippines, read on to know you can franchise Monterey Meatshop.
About Monterey Meatshop
Monterey is a brand owned and marketed by San Miguel Corporation (SMC). There were just 4 Monterey meat shops when they started franchising in 1990, but the number of franchisees has grown significantly over the years due to the Filipinos’ love for meat. Today, there are more than 400 Monterey Meatshops nationwide.
Monterey currently sells a wide range of meat products, including:
- Monterey Fresh Pork and Beef products
- Selected Lamb products
- Monterey Ready-to-Cook Meats
- Magnolia Chicken Station Products
- Purefoods Hotdogs
- Magnolia Brown Eggs
- Magnolia Milk, Butter, Cheese & Cooking Oil
- Purefoods Selected Cold Cuts and Canned Goods
- Other Selected San Miguel products
Monterey is committed to delivering “quality meat for every meal of the Filipino consumer”. They achieve this by ensuring quality from the Monterey farms and then delivering the products using refrigerated Monterey trucks to various outlets like supermarkets (Monterey Meatshop), stand-alone meat shops (Monterey Meatshop Plus), and retail outlets (Monterey Meat Express).
Monterey features modern meat-fabrication equipment and display showcases. The crew of butchers and merchandisers are also trained in the Monterey Meatshop School to make sure that customers are provided with quality, courteous, and efficient service.
Franchise Fee and Investment Costs
To franchise a Monterey Meatshop, you will need to shell out a Franchise Fee of P336,000, plus other investment costs such as
- Construction cost of around P800,000;
- Equipment & Supplies cost of around P1,900,000; and
- Merchandising Materials of around P20,000
You will also need to purchase Meat Inventory from Monterey, the cost of which is variable and may change from time to time.
Once your franchise starts, you are also required to pay a Royalty Fee of 2% and Advertising Fee of 1% of monthly purchases.
Depending on the size of your franchised Monterey meat shop, the estimated initial investment could reach P3 Million to P3.5 Million.
As for the area requirements, Monterey requires franchises to have a minimum floor space of 60 sq. meters with a frontage of at least 5 meters.
Franchise Package Inclusions
Included in the franchise fee and investment are the following:
- Assistance in the Store Design
- Training of Management and Employees
- Support in Operations and Marketing
- Monterey Signages
Steps in Franchising Monterey Meatshop
To franchise Monterey, follow these steps:
1. Submit a Letter of Intent with the proposed area/location to San Miguel Foods Inc. If you’re a site owner and interested to have your commercial space leased, submit a proposal with the complete address and sketch of the exact location of your proposed site.
2. After sending the Letter of Intent, accomplish and submit the application form to be evaluated and screened by Monterey.
3. The proposed site will undergo trade area survey and computation of site potential. It will be subject for approval by the Monterey Management.
4. As part of the screening process, you will have to make a presentation of your business plan and present it to the Franchisee Selection Panel.
5. Upon approval of your application, you will sign the Franchise Agreement.
6. There will then be planning & implementation of activities for development.
7. You and your crew will then attend the training at the Monterey Meatshop School.
8. Lastly, there will be the Organizing of the Branch Opening!
The entire application process will take around 45 days. Construction of the store and manpower training will also take 45 days.
For more details about the Monterey franchise, contact:
San Miguel Foods, Inc.
18F JMT Corporate Condominium
ADB Avenue, Ortigas Center, Pasig City
Telephone Number: 702-5000 / 317-5000 / 317-5569
Mobile: (0917) 841 5772 (Mr. Paul Orlando A. Perez)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Maybe you want to know more about other companies you can Franchise? If so, check out: Complete list of Philippine companies available for Franchising
Information and Image Credits: Monterey’s official website; Vistamalls
View Related Posts