How to Franchise: McDonald’s in the Philippines
Love to have your own franchise of McDonald’s in the Philippines?
Everything you need to know about the McDonald’s franchise — from franchise fee to the investment package inclusions to the contact details — is here. Read below to gain relevant information that can help you begin your McDonald’s franchising journey.
(See also: Want to franchise Jollibee?)
About the McDonald’s Franchise
McDonald’s started franchising in the Philippines in 1985, and has since expanded to build a network of over 200 franchised restaurants nationwide in recent years.
In the Philippines, the owner of and Master Franchiser of McDonald’s is Golden Arches Development Corporation.
McDonald’s franchisees are called Owner/Operators and play a major role in the global success of this world-renowned brand.
Benefits of Franchising McDonald’s
As a McDonald’s Philippines Owner/Operator, franchisees gain the following advantages:
- Extensive support system to cover all aspects of the business, which includes operations, supply chain, and marketing support throughout the entire franchise term
- World class training to deliver world class service and business success
- 100% customer awareness of the world’s leading fast food restaurant
- Access to world class suppliers that provide the necessary goods and services that go into great-tasting food and excellent services that customers enjoy
- A peer network of franchisees and the McDonald’s network of over 27,000 employees nationwide
Main Products and/or Services Offered
- Burger McDo
- Big Mac
- Big n’ Tasty
- Quarter Pounder
- Chicken McDo
- Pepper Burger Steak
- Caramel Sundae
- McDo Kids’ Happy Meal
- Twister Fries
Total Franchise Fee and Investment
How much does it cost to acquire a McDonald’s franchise in the Philippines?
The franchise fee typically ranges from P30 million to P50 million, depending on the store location and store layout. McDonald’s requires restaurants to be placed in locations or land that are owned or leased by the franchisee.
The total franchise investment may vary depending on the following factors:
- Restaurant size
- Suitability of existing building
- Site location whether provincial or within Metro Manila
- Equipment specifications involved based on the kind of menu offering (regular or limited menu line). In all cases, however McDonald’s specifies and approves the menu offerings.
Standard Package Inclusions
The franchise fee already covers the following package inclusions:
- Architectural Planning and Design Fees
- Building and leasehold improvements and other relevant site works necessary
- Kitchen, air-conditioning and exhaust equipment
- Cash registers
- Emergency generators
- Seating, signages and decor
- Other furniture and fixtures
Franchising Terms and Conditions
The franchise contract is good for ten (10) years or lease contract of the land, whichever is shorter. The franchise agreement is renewable depending on the performance of the store.
McDonald’s grants franchises to an individual on a sole proprietorship basis. In the Philippines, franchises are also awarded on a per restaurant basis. Franchises are not awarded on a territorial or geographical basis.
As regards site selection, McDonald’s conducts feasibility study on the proposed site. The location is thoroughly studied and evaluated, including the store’s possible traffic count.
Application for the site and application for the franchise are treated and processed separately and independently from each other.
If you’re interested to be a McDonald’s franchisee / owner / operator, contact:
The Franchising Department
17th Floor, Citibank Center Bldg.
8741 Paseo de Roxas St.,Makati City
Telephone Number: 8888-500 local 5000
Cellphone Number: 09199112553
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
You might be interested in other franchising opportunities here: Complete list of Philippine companies available for Franchising
Information and Image Sources: Official Company Website, Philippine Daily Inquirer, SunStar Philippines
Smile, LIKE us on Facebook, and let's make money!