The key to most Pinoys’ heart is through the stomach. Who could resist the tempting native-style chicken inasal coupled with unli-rice?
That’s where Mang Inasal holds the key to continuously champion the people’s cravings. Read on to find out relevant information on how to franchise this inasal chicken restaurant.
About Mang Inasal
Started on a 250-square meter space at Robinson’s Mall Carpark-Iloilo in December 2003, Mang Inasal is the brainchild of then 26 year-old Edgar “Injap” Sia. A Hiligaynon for “Mr. Barbeque”, Mang Inasal’s simple concept of authentic fusion of traditional Filipino cuisine captured the taste and appetite of many Filipinos with its trademark “nuot-sarap” grilled chicken and “unlimited” rice.
It became a booming success when it opened in Visayas and Mindanao for franchising beginning 2005 and had its breakthrough in Metro Manila by 2006.
At present, Mang Inasal is a wholly owned company by Jollibee Foods Corporation (JFC), the country’s largest fast food chain. Mang Inasal currently boasts of a store count of more than 500 outlets nationwide.
Franchise Fee and Investment Costs
How much is the franchise fee of Mang Inasal?
A full franchise unit of Mang Inasal requires an investment of P12 Million to P14 Million.
The actual amount is dependent on the approved store type and size. The store model will depend on the location and target market, and the company prefers locations that are in an accessible, high traffic commercial or residential area. Stores should have minimum floor areas of 200-220 square meters.
Upon approval of the franchise application, a set-up fee of P1.2 Million will initially have to be paid by the franchisee. This amount is non-refundable and is VAT exclusive.
There are other costs, though, that will have to be paid by the franchisee every month, such as:
- Royalty or Service Fee (5% of net sales)
- Advertising Fee (2% of net sales)
A Mang Inasal franchise agreement lasts for 7 years and is renewable upon the discretion of the franchisor.
Like any regular business, the estimated Return of Investment (ROI) will depend on several factors such as sales, market potential investment, and the ability of the franchisee to control the store’s operating expenses.
It takes an average of 45 to 60 days after the approval of franchise application before the restaurant becomes fully operational.
Potential franchisees benefit from Mang Inasal’s assistance and support which includes:
- Operational System
- Marketing and Promotional Support
- Initial Hiring and Selection, Extensive Training of Store Team
- Construction of the Store (Equipment and Facilities, Furniture and Fixtures, Pre-Operating Expenses)
Mang Inasal requires franchisees to:
- Be highly engaged, business-oriented, success-driven entrepreneur with strong desire to venture and invest in a long term business partnership with Mang Inasal
- Possess the willingness and capability to learn the business
- Enjoy working, communicating, and relating with employees and customers
What’s even better news is that Mang Inasal does not require past franchise or restaurant experience. Although previous restaurant management is a plus, the company provides franchisees with basic business management training.
If you have the financial capacity and qualifications to franchise, you’re probably ready to apply for a Mang Inasal franchise. Here are the steps:
- Submit the initial required documents:
- Letter of Intent – address to Mang Inasal Main Office at Pioneer Highlands North Condominium, Pioneer Avenue corner Madison St., Mandaluyong City 1550, Philippines
- Complete accomplished Application Form – can be secured from Mang Inasal Main Office
- Vicinity Map of the proposed site with landmarks
- Total Lot Area
- Floor Plan (building) or Lot Plan (land)
- Legal documents certifying ownership of the site (Transfer Certificate of Title)
2. After 3-4 weeks of processing, applicants will undergo screening process and store exposure which involves:
- Complete interview with HR, Franchising, and Operations
- Attending Restaurant Exposure Program
- Accomplishing Harrison Assessment
- Checking of the franchisee’s background and credit history
3. For almost a month, Mang Inasal will review and approve the application. Once approved, the franchisor will award the franchise within 2 to 3 weeks. The Franchise Agreement will then be signed.
4. In about 2 weeks, approved franchisees will undergo the Franchise Training Program before the official start of store operations.
Mang Inasal Franchising Contact Details
If you’re willing to learn more, it’s best to contact this representative from Mang Inasal:
Ms. Abigail Ocampo
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Telephone Number: (02) 7241111
Click here to view other franchising opportunities: Complete list of Philippine companies available for Franchising
Information and Image Sources: Fab.ph, Franchise Manila, Franchise Business Philippines, Official Company Website, iFranchise Philippines, Entrepreneur Philippines