Since last year, we’ve been hearing stories about Google Adsense publishers in other countries being able to receive payouts via Western Union in just a matter of days. Philippine-based publishers, meanwhile, have to wait 1 to 3 weeks before their Google Adsense check will arrive.
That is, until today.
I logged in to my Adsense account earlier today and, to my surprise, I saw that the Western Union withdrawal option is now available! I’m not sure, though, whether this payment method is still on beta test or being offered to all Adsense publishers in the Philippines.
When I logged in to my Adsense account today, I saw a “Tip” in the Reports section saying Western Union has been added as additional payment method. A “Sign Up” link was there so I clicked it and got directed to the “Choose Form of Payment” page. Here, I chose the option to receive payouts via Western Union Quick Cash.
According to Adsense, Western Union Quick Cash payments “will be available for pick-up the day after the payment date.”
Just one day after payout date? Cool.
That’s a definite improvement from the 2 to 3-week lead time for Standard checks and 1-week waiting period for Secured Express Delivery checks.
Additional notes about WU Quick Cash were mentioned:
- Payments will be processed in USD and may be available for pick-up in local currency cash.
- We cannot process Western Union payments to business payee names.
- The maximum payment we can send for an individual payment is the following (US$10,000). If your payment exceeds this amount, it will be switched to Secured Check delivery.
Update: A few hours after this article was posted, Western Union support pages have appeared in Google Adsense’s Help Center. The following information were taken from the Help Center:
What is payment by Western Union Quick Cash?
Western Union Quick Cash is a payment method that allows you to receive your AdSense payments in cash using the worldwide Western Union money transfer service. Payments will be available for pick up at your local Western Union Agent the day after they are sent according to our normal payment schedule.
This means that you won’t have to wait for a check to arrive in the mail. Choosing to receive your payments by Western Union can also cut down on the bank fees and long clearing times associated with depositing checks.
Your Western Union Quick Cash payment will be made in US dollars. However, at most Western Union Agent locations, you may have the option to receive your payment in your local currency. Conversion rates will be calculated according to the rate used by the Western Union Agent on the day you pick up your payment.
Is Western Union available in my country?
Payment by Western Union Quick Cash is currently available in the following countries and areas:
- China (Mainland)
Though we may offer Western Union to a wider set of publishers in the future, we do not have a date for when this may become available. We appreciate your patience as we expand this payment option.
How do I sign up to receive my AdSense payments by Western Union?
If you would like to receive your earnings by Western Union Quick Cash, please complete the following steps:
- Sign in to your account at www.google.com/adsense.
- Visit the My Account tab.
- Click the ‘edit’ link adjacent to the ‘Payment Details’ header.
- Select the Western Union Quick Cash radio button.
- Click ‘Continue’.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ to save your payment type.
Please make sure that the name on your account exactly matches that on the government issued ID card that you will bring to pick up your Western Union Quick Cash payments. If you need to update your payee name in your account, please let us know and we will be happy to help you to do so.
Also, please note that we are unable to guarantee payment for the next payment cycle in this form if your selection was made after the 15th of the month. For example, to ensure payment by Western Union Quick Cash for your March earnings, please complete the steps above before April 15th.
How do I pick up my Western Union Quick Cash payment?
In order to pick up your payment by Western Union Quick Cash, please complete the following steps:
- Visit to locate a Western Union Agent.
- Call the Western Union Agent to confirm that they offer the Quick Cash service.
- Bring the following information with you:
– a valid government-issued photo ID (Passport, Driver’s license, National ID etc)
– sender’s information: Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, California 94043, USA. Phone Number: 650-253-4000
– amount of your payment, which you can find on your Payment History page
– your unique MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number) which you can find by clicking on the ‘details’ link next to the Payment Issued line on your Payment History page
When you go to the Western Union agent, please let them know that you would like to pick up a Quick Cash payment. Additionally, please remember to pick up your Western Union payment within 35 days of the payment date, or the amount will be credited back to your AdSense account.
OK, a few things to remember:
- You need to bring a valid government issued ID in order to pick up the payment
- You also need the sender’s information, payment amount and MTCN (which you can all find in your Payment History page in your Adsense account)
- You need to tell WU that you are picking up a Quick Cash payment
- You need to pick up the payment within 35 days of the payment or it will be credited back to your account
Are there transfer fees or charges? According to the Google Adsense Team, payments via Western Union are FREE.
Cool. Cool cool cool.
7 thoughts on “Adsense starts offering 1-day Western Union payments”
This is very nice! there was a post in yugatech in the past that some members were offered experimental WU payment. And now it is for real and no service fees! Again very nice! 🙂
Hey, I’m an American publisher and I also received an invitation from Google to try Western Union this morning. Hmmmm. I think publishers should be wary of this because Western Union has a payout limit. I’m having second thoughts also because Western Union is very strict. You have to produce two valid IDs, fill up information sheets so on so on.
But one good thing to consider is that those who are invited to try the Western Union payout will not be charged for the service at this time. Hmmmm. Any thoughts?
I am from Malaysian and probably one of the few Malaysian beta testers that have been receiving their payments via WU.
It’s easy and very convinient. I just have to show an ID and the cash can be withdrawn after completing a simple form right away.
No don’t charge for the service currently.
I prefer cheque to Western Union
@internet entrepreneur, this is very nice indeed. We’ll see next month whether this really is a better method of Adsense earnings payout.
@Dodge, paying no charges for using WU is definitely a come-on. As far as I know the payout limit is currently $10k so unless you’re earning more than that, I think the limit is not going to be a problem.
@gaman, thanks for sharing your experience.
@Teddy Wong, can you explain why you prefer to receive cheque than Western Union? Cheques arrive weeks later while WU payouts are made only after 1 day. Also with WU, there are no charges but for Secured Delivery cheques, you need to shell out $24.
Hmmm I will really try this one. I’m still on the process of gaining lots of clicks on my adsense and once I reach the right amount, I’ll definitely try cash payout through WU.
Nice… This is so cool… It’s hazzle free!