BSP closes 9 more rural banks
January 4, 2010
Nine more rural banks in the Philippines were closed by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) before the year 2009 ended.
As per the announcement of the BSP’s Monetary Board, the following rural banks were prohibited from doing business in the Philippines and its assets and affairs placed under receivership pursuant to Section 30 of R.A. No. 7653.
Rural Banks Placed Under Receivership, November-December 2009
- Pres. Roxas Rural Bank (Capiz) Inc. *
- Corfarm Rural Bank of Umingan (Pangasinan) Inc. *
- Rural Bank of Malasiqui (Pangasinan) Inc. *
- Rural Bank of Bautista (Pangasinan) Inc. *
- Rural Bank of Tacurong (Sultan Kudarat), Inc. **
- Kaunlaran Rural Bank (Pangasinan), Inc. **
- Camiguin Cooperative Rural Bank, Inc. **
- Rural Bank of San Ildefonso (Bulacan) Inc. ***
- Balayan Bay Rural Bank (Batangas) Inc. ****
* Closed as of December 10, 2009.
** Closed as of December 3, 2009.
*** Closed as of December 1, 2009.
**** Closed as of November 26, 2009.
The BSP has designated the Philippine Deposit Insurance Corporation (PDIC) as Receiver of the closed rural banks.
- Discussion on Legacy Banks and Pre-Need Firms
- Banking, Insurance and Credit Cards Forum
- More articles on Banks and the Banking Industry
Click for more interesting, useful and related posts:
- list of closed banks in the philippines
- rural bank of alabang
- List of closed bank in the philippines
- recent bank closed in the philippines
- list rural bank close
- list of closed rural banks in the philippines
- list of closed cooperative rural banks
- bank in the philippines that closed
- Liberty Bank a Rural Bank 2013 acquired assets in Bulacan
- COOPERATIVE RURAL BANK OF BULACAN UNDER PDIC