Adsense starts offering 1-day Western Union payments
September 28, 2007
I've been hearing stories about Google Adsense offering payouts via Western Union since last year. Until now, though, I still have not read specific experiences of people who have actually received Western Union (WU) payments.
I logged in to my Adsense account today and, to my surprise, I saw that this option is now available. I'm not sure, though, whether this payment method is still on beta test or being offered to all Adsense publishers.
Anyway I applied and, from the looks of it, I'll be receiving Adsense payments via Western Union starting next month.
Screenshots of the Western Union application page below.
New payout method: Western Union Quick Cash
In the Reports section of my Adsense account, I saw a "Tip" saying Western Union has been added as additional payment method. A "Sign Up" link was there so I clicked it and got directed to this "Choose Form of Payment" page:
Here, you can choose the option to receive payouts via Western Union Quick Cash.
According to Adsense, Western Union Quick Cash payments "will be available for pick-up the day after the payment date."
Just one day after payout date? Cool. That's a definite improvement from the 2 to 3-week lead time for Standard checks and 1-week waiting period for Secured Express Delivery checks.
Going back to my payout application, after choosing Western Union as my new payment method, I clicked "Continue" and got this "Confirmation" page:
This confirms that I have selected WU as my form of payment. It stressed that I need a "government issued ID that exactly matches the payee name" in order to pick up the payment.
Additional notes about WU Quick Cash were mentioned:
- Payments will be processed in USD and may be available for pick-up in local currency cash.
- We cannot process Western Union payments to business payee names.
- The maximum payment we can send for an individual payment is the following (US$10,000). If your payment exceeds this amount, it will be switched to Secured Check delivery.
Update: A few hours after this article was posted, related Western Union support pages have appeared in Google Adsense's Help Center. The following information were taken from the Help Center:
What is payment by Western Union Quick Cash?
Western Union Quick Cash is a payment method that allows you to receive your AdSense payments in cash using the worldwide Western Union money transfer service. Payments will be available for pick up at your local Western Union Agent the day after they are sent according to our normal payment schedule.
This means that you won't have to wait for a check to arrive in the mail. Choosing to receive your payments by Western Union can also cut down on the bank fees and long clearing times associated with depositing checks.
Your Western Union Quick Cash payment will be made in US dollars. However, at most Western Union Agent locations, you may have the option to receive your payment in your local currency. Conversion rates will be calculated according to the rate used by the Western Union Agent on the day you pick up your payment.
Is Western Union available in my country?
Payment by Western Union Quick Cash is currently available in the following countries and areas:
- China (Mainland)
Though we may offer Western Union to a wider set of publishers in the future, we do not have a date for when this may become available. We appreciate your patience as we expand this payment option.
How do I sign up to receive my AdSense payments by Western Union?
If you would like to receive your earnings by Western Union Quick Cash, please complete the following steps:
- Sign in to your account at www.google.com/adsense.
- Visit the My Account tab.
- Click the 'edit' link adjacent to the 'Payment Details' header.
- Select the Western Union Quick Cash radio button.
- Click 'Continue'.
- Click 'Save Changes' to save your payment type.
Please make sure that the name on your account exactly matches that on the government issued ID card that you will bring to pick up your Western Union Quick Cash payments. If you need to update your payee name in your account, please let us know and we will be happy to help you to do so.
Also, please note that we are unable to guarantee payment for the next payment cycle in this form if your selection was made after the 15th of the month. For example, to ensure payment by Western Union Quick Cash for your March earnings, please complete the steps above before April 15th.
How do I pick up my Western Union Quick Cash payment?
In order to pick up your payment by Western Union Quick Cash, please complete the following steps:
- Visit http://www.payment-solutions.com/agent.asp to locate a Western Union Agent.
- Call the Western Union Agent to confirm that they offer the Quick Cash service.
- Bring the following information with you:
- a valid government-issued photo ID (Passport, Driver's license, National ID etc)
– sender's information: Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, California 94043, USA. Phone Number: 650-253-4000
– amount of your payment, which you can find on your Payment History page
– your unique MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number) which you can find by clicking on the 'details' link next to the Payment Issued line on your Payment History page
When you go to the Western Union agent, please let them know that you would like to pick up a Quick Cash payment. Additionally, please remember to pick up your Western Union payment within 35 days of the payment date, or the amount will be credited back to your AdSense account.
OK, a few things to remember:
- You need to bring a valid government issued ID in order to pick up the payment
- You also need the sender's information, payment amount and MTCN (which you can all find in your Payment History page in your Adsense account)
- You need to tell WU that you are picking up a Quick Cash payment
- You need to pick up the payment within 35 days of the payment or it will be credited back to your account
Are there transfer fees or charges? According to a post here by a member of the Google Adsense Team, Adsense payments via Western Union are FREE.
Nice. Very nice.
Click for more interesting, useful and related posts:
- adsense payment only via bank etf?
- western union money transfer form