In what is touted as the biggest corporate bond issue in the Philippines, beer company San Miguel Brewery, Inc. (SMB) successfully raised P38.8 billion or US$800 million during this week’s sale of its fixed-rate bonds.
SMB offered three types of bonds to the market:
- 3-year bonds, paying interest coupon of 8.25% per annum
- 5-year bonds, paying interest coupon of 8.875% per annum
- 10-year bonds, paying interest coupon of 10.5% per annum
If you want to invest in these SMB Bonds, inquire with your bank, specifically the bank’s Trust Department or Trust Group.
- San Miguel’s woes; investors beware
- Commercial papers offered by banks
- All about Bonds and other Corporate & Government Securities
Other Investment Products in the past:
8 thoughts on “San Miguel Brewery (SMB) bonds in the Philippines”
is it a good idea to invest in bonds given the current economic crisis? nakakatakot… pero di naman siguro babagsak ang isang dambuhalang companya kagaya ng SMB….
the earning student
Hopefully prices for the bonds have gone down already. Last month, BDO told me the minimum was P1M! Any news on what the minimum bond rates are right now?
Selling bonds is definitely one way raising capital of a company.
@ice_hot, actually during times of recession, people flock to bonds rather than stocks. You just have to check the issuer of the bond, whether they have a good reputation or not and the bond’s credit rating. Although as we have seen recently, credit ratings are not always 100% correct so aside from looking at the credit rating, make your own analysis as well.
@Reel Advice, bond rates differ depending on the type. You just have to constantly watch out for bond offerings and look for the ones that are good investments.
well sid James now i can investment in bonds… thanks for helping by the way are you an investor?
Thanks and hope to hear from you soon…
yes agree… and you can make money from the company in buying bonds…
i love to invest in bonds… but afraid to buy any…
Only wanna remark on few general things, The web site design and style is perfect, the information is real superb : D.
2. Eintrag. Die Teilnehmer sind aufgefordert, ein Foto von wo man sich treffen w?rden, wenn Sie in Ihrem Tweet GoToMeeting hatte, aber ein Foto ist nicht erforderlich einreichen. Sponsoren sind nicht f?r Eintr?ge, die nicht als Folge der Twitter-Dienst oder aus anderen Gr?nden angezeigt werden, nicht verantwortlich.