Some users have this love-hate relationship with Paypal.
If there are no problems encountered with an account, using Paypal is a bliss. For most, it really is a useful tool to send money to another person or to make a payment on the internet without much hassle.
For some users, however, using Paypal could be a big pain in the ass. Typical problems could range from limited accounts, reversed payments, withdrawal limits, to disputed transactions, among others.
Once users have been fed up with problems associated with using Paypal, they can choose to delete or close their account. It supposedly is easy to have a Paypal account removed, but the link to do this is not conspicuously shown inside the member’s account.
Before you close your account
Deleting your Paypal account won’t even take you more than 5 minutes. However, you will not be allowed to close your account if your account is limited or have a pending dispute case in the Resolution Center.
Make sure first your account limits are lifted and all dispute cases are resolved. Otherwise, you won’t be able to delete your Paypal account.
How to remove a Paypal account?
Here are steps to close a Paypal account. We also provide below a screencap of where you can find these links in your Paypal account.
1. Log in to your account and click the Profile link in the top menu.
2. Click the My settings option in the navigation menu on the left-hand sidebar.
3. In the Account type row, click the “Close account” link.
4. If you have added a credit card, you will be asked to confirm that you are the account owner by inputting the full credit card number. This is supposedly a security measure to check that you are the authenticated owner of the Paypal account.
5. Once confirmed, you will be asked to provide a reason why you are closing your account. Choose the option/s explaining your reason/s for deleting your Paypal account.
6. One final step: click the Close Account button and your Paypal account will be permanently terminated.
Take note: all of your pending transactions will be canceled if you close your account. This means any pending sending or receiving transaction will not be completed anymore.
Also, deleting a Paypal account means you won’t be able to login to and use the account anymore. Removal of account is permanent so think twice before you click that “Close Account” link!
Must read these other related, useful articles!