PSEi reaches new all-time high (Sept 2017)
UPDATE: On September 15, 2017, the PSEi reached another record high. It closed at 8,180.85 points, up +0.44% from the previous all-time high level. This is now the latest all-time high of the PSEi so far.
Philippine stocks ended today with another record, as the Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) reached a brand new all-time high, closing at 8,144.91 points.
All-time high of 8,144.91
Stocks were up +1.13% from yesterday’s trading, and even registered another record after reaching an intra-day high of 8,169.64 points.
Today’s PSEi closing was the highest ever, tracked only by the 8,127.48 level recorded on April 10, 2015.
Year-to-date, that is, from January to September 2017, the Philippine stock index has already booked a +19.10% gain.
Local stocks are said to have benefited from yesterday’s record gains from US stock indices (Dow Jones, Nasdaq, and S&P 500) following easing tension in North Korea.
Top Gaining and Actively Traded Stocks
The Property sector led the rally, rising by +1.79% in one day followed by the Holding Firms sector which booked a +1.56% gain.
Top gaining stocks for the day were MRC Allied Inc. (MRC, up +13.64%), Harbor Star Shipping Services (TUGS, up +13.30%), and Bright Kindle Resources & Investments (BKR, up +12.58%).
The most actively traded stocks were Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, up +1.15%), Universal Robina Corp. (URC, no price change), and SM Prime Holdings (SMPH, up +2.99%).
List of the 10 highest gainers, decliners, and actively traded stocks below.
Top 10 Stock Gainers – Sept. 14, 2017
- MRC Allied Inc. (MRC): +13.64%
- Harbor Star Shipping Services (TUGS): +13.30%
- Bright Kindle Resources & Investments (BKR): +12.58%
- Macro-Asia Corp. (MAC): +7.32%
- Filipino Fund Inc. (FFI): +6.05%
- Paxys Inc. (PAX): +5.24%
- JG Summit Holdings (JGS): +4.83%
- Anchor Land Holdings Inc. (ALHI): +4.70%
- Filinvest Land Inc. (FLI): +4.23%
- Manila Broadcasting Co. (MBC): +4.17%
Top 10 Stock Losers – Sept. 14, 2017
- Bogo-Medellin Milling Co. (BMM): -14.38%
- Phinma Petroleum and Geothermal Inc. (PPG): -5.45%
- Jolliville Holdings Corp. (JOH): -4.75%
- Makati Finance Corp. (MFIN): -4.67%
- Double Dragon Properties Corp. (DD): -4.67%
- AsiaBest Group International (ABG): -4.44%
- Pacifica, Inc. (PA): -3.77%
- Nickel Asia Corp. (NIKL): -3.65%
- Concrete Aggregates Corp. (CA): -3.61%
- Manila Bulletin Publishing Corp. (MB): -3.51%
Top 10 Most Actively Traded Stocks – Sept. 14, 2017
- Ayala Land Inc. (ALI): +1.15%
- Universal Robina Corp. (URC): no price change
- SM Prime Holdings (SMPH): +2.99%
- SM Investments Corp. (SM): +1.60%
- Bloomberry Resorts Corp. (BLOOM): -0.36%
- Megaworld Corp. (MEG): +1.52%
- Banco de Oro (BDO): +0.78%
- Metro Pacific Investments Corp. (MPI): -0.29%
- Metrobank (MBT): +0.34%
- Ayala Corp. (AC): -0.05%
View Related Posts