The Philippine Deposit Insurance Corporation (PDIC) is now processing the claims of depositors of the following Legacy rural banks with deposit balance of P100,000 and below.
Please refer to the following for a guide on how to get your money back.
Claims Processing Dates and Venues
For depositors of the following banks, visit the branches on the following schedule, Monday to Friday, during office hours.
1. Rural Bank of Paranaque (RBOP)
- Head Office – Parañaque Super Palengke ng Parañaque, Quirino Ave., Brgy. La Huerta, Parañaque City (February 13 – March 6, 2009)
- Las Pinas – Real St., Brgy. Talon I, Las Pinas City (Feb. 13 – Mar. 4, 2009)
- Marikina – E. Rodriguez Ave., Brgy. Concepcion I, Marikina City (Feb. 13 – Mar. 6, 2009)
- Pasig – G/F Parc Chateau Condominium, #5 Onyx Road, Pasig City (Feb. 13 – Mar. 4, 2009)
- Antipolo (Masinag Market) – Sumulong Highway, Brgy. Mayamot, Antipolo City (Feb. 13 – Mar. 6, 2009)
2. Rural Bank of San Jose (Batangas), Inc.
- Makalintal Ave., San Jose, Batangas (Feb. 13 – Mar. 6, 2009)
3. Pilipino Rural Bank, Inc.
- Head Office – Mandaue R. Senido Bldg., A. C. Cortes Ave., Cambaro, Mandaue City, Cebu (Feb. 13 – Mar. 6, 2009)
- Argao – Corner T. S. Kintanar & M. J. Cuenco Sts., Argao, Cebu (Feb. 13 – Mar. 6, 2009)
- Dumaguete – Corner Pinili & Perdices Sts., Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental (Feb. 13 – Mar. 6, 2009)
- Tagbilaran – Asian Lending Bldg., C. P. G. North Ave., Tagbilaran City, Bohol (Feb. 13 – Mar. 6, 2009)
4. Rural Bank of Bais (Negros Oriental), Inc.
- Head Office and Extension Office – Bais City Poblacion, Bais City, Negros Oriental (Feb. 13 – Mar. 6, 2009)
- Tanjay – City of Tanjay, Negros Oriental (Feb. 13 – 27, 2009)
- Mandaue – Mandaue City, Cebu (Feb. 13 – 17, 2009)
5. Bank of East Asia [Banco Rural de Bisayas (Minglanilla, Cebu)], Inc.
- Head Office – Minglanilla Poblacion, Minglanilla, Cebu (Feb. 13 – Mar. 6, 2009)
- Balamban – Aliwanay, Balamban, Cebu (Feb. 13 – 17, 2009)
- Bogo Cantecson St., Gairan, City of Bogo, Cebu (Feb. 13 – 20, 2009)
6. First Interstate Bank (Rural Bank of Kananga, Leyte), Inc.
- Head Ofice – Kananga 354 F. A. Larrazabal St., Kananga, Leyte (Feb. 13 – 27, 2009)
- Baybay – M. L. Quezon St., City of Baybay, Leyte (Feb. 13 – 20, 2009)
- Carigara – Real St., Poblacion, Carigara, Leyte (Feb. 13 – 27, 2009)
- Hilongos – R. V. Villaflores St., Hilongos, Leyte (Feb. 13 – Mar. 6, 2009)
- Maasin – Kanglaon St., Agbao, Maasin City, Leyte (Feb. 13 – 27, 2009)
- Palo – Brgy. St. Michael, Palo, Leyte (Feb. 13 – 27, 2009)
7. Philippine Countryside Rural Bank (Cebu), Inc.
- Executive Office – Lapu-Lapu City – M. L. Quezon Highway, Pajo, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu (Feb. 13 – Mar. 6, 2009)
- Liloan, Cebu – Poblacion, Liloan, Cebu (Feb. 13 – Mar. 6, 2009)
- Banilad – A. S. Fortuna St., Banilad, Mandaue City, Cebu (Feb. 13 – 27, 2009)
- Consolacion – Poblacion, Consolacion, Cebu (Feb. 13 – 27, 2009)
- Mandaue – Rizal St., Ibabao, Mandaue City (Feb. 13 – 20, 2009)
- Naga, Cebu – Naga, Cebu (Feb. 13 – Mar. 6, 2009)
- Cagayan De Oro – Lapasan, Cagayan De Oro City, Misamis Oriental (Feb. 13 – Mar. 6, 2009)
- Catarman, Camiguin – Catarman, Camiguin (Feb. 13 – Mar. 6, 2009)
8. Dynamic Bank [Rural Bank of Calatagan, (Batangas)], Inc.
- Head Office – Balayan – 148 Antorcha St., Poblacion, Balayan, Batangas (Feb. 13 – Mar. 6, 2009)
- Batangas City – Brgy. Calicanto, Batangas City, Batangas (Feb. 13 – Mar. 6, 2009)
- Lucsuhin, Calatagan – Brgy. Lucsuhin, Calatagan, Batangas (Feb. 13 – Mar. 6, 2009)
- Sto. Domingo, Calatagan – Sto. Domingo St., Poblacion, Calatagan, Batangas (Feb. 13 – Mar. 6, 2009)
- Lemery – Rizal St., Poblacion, Lemery, Batangas (Feb. 13 – Mar. 6, 2009)
- Poblacion, Los Baños – 30 Rizal St., Brgy. Timugan, Poblacion, Los Baños, Laguna (Feb. 13 – 27, 2009)
- Calamba – National Highway, Brgy. Pansol, City of Calamba, Laguna (Feb. 13 – Mar. 6, 2009)
- San Antonio, Los Baños – National Highway, Brgy. San Antonio, Los Baños, Laguna (Feb. 13 – 27, 2009)
9. San Pablo City Development Bank
- Head Office & Money Shop – San Pablo – 72 Crispin Calabia Ave., Brgy. San Francisco, San Pablo City, Laguna (Feb. 13 – 27, 2009)
10. Nation Bank, Inc. (A Rural Bank)
- Head Office – Bacolod Corner Libertad & Lopez Jaena Sts., Bacolod City, Negros Occidental (Feb. 13 – 27, 2009)
- Binalbagan San Gregorio Village, Binalbagan, Negros Occidental (Feb. 13 – 20, 2009)
- Bago City Araneta St., Bago City, Negros Occidental (Feb. 13 – 27, 2009)
- Sta. Barbara, Iloilo Arroyo St., Sta. Barbara, Iloilo City, Iloilo (Feb. 13 – 17, 2009)
- La Carlota City Corner Yunque & Valois Sts., La Carlota City, Negros Occidental (Feb. 13 – 27, 2009)
11. Rural Bank of DARBCI (Polomolok, South Cotobato), Inc.
- Gaisano Mall Bldg., J. Catolico Ave., Lagao, Gen. Santos City, South Cotabato (Feb. 13 – Mar. 6, 2009)
12. Rural Bank of Carmen (Cebu), Inc.
- Poblacion, Carmen, Cebu (Feb. 13 – Mar. 6, 2009)
How to Claim your Money from PDIC
a. At the premises of the bank, get a Numbered Claim Form from the PDIC personnel stationed at the bank. Show your original savings passbook to get the form.
b. File your claim before the PDIC Claims Personnel on the day of your respective appointment date. Refer to the appointment date posted at the bank premises. Appointment dates correspond to the number indicated on the Claim Form.
c. Personal appearance is required for all depositors, except only when the depositor is
- below seven (7) years old;
- abroad; or
- physically incapable of personally appearing before the PDIC Claims Personnel due to serious physical injury, condition, ailment, or infirmity due to advanced age.
d. Present the following when filing claims:
- Duly accomplished Claim Form;
- Original evidence of deposit such as savings passbook, certificate of time deposit, or bank statement including unused checks (For joint accounts: “OR, AND/OR, AND”, passbook should be photocopied as many copies as there are depositors to the account.)
- Original and photocopy of two (2) valid IDs with signature, one of them must contain a photo of the depositor (Sample valid IDs: Driver’s license, SSS/GSIS ID, Senior Citizen’s ID, Passport, PRC ID, OWWA/OFW ID, Seaman’s ID, Alien Certification of Registration ID, Voter’s ID, Company/ School ID, Postal ID, TIN, Philhealth, Voter’s Registration Receipt);
- For depositors below 18 years old, copy of Birth Certificate certified by the National Statistics Office (NSO) or the Local Civil Registrar;
- Other documents that may be required by the PDIC to establish the identity of the depositor
e. Payment and refunds shall be made on valid claims and with complete documentation.
Depositors with balances of more than P100,000 and above will have to wait for further announcements from PDIC regarding the processing of their claims.
Be updated by joining the discussion forum about Legacy banks and pre-need firms here.
8 thoughts on “Guide for Legacy depositors: How to claim money from PDIC”
I invested in LEGACY and I have a P100k time deposit account at RURAL BANK OF DARBCI in General Santos City. I’ve been calling the bank since December 2008 and they are now processing claims. Unfortunately, they are only entertaining claims for SAVINGS ACCOUNT DEPOSITORS. Okay lang po yun sa akin. Ang gusto ko lang malaman, eh kaya bang bayaran ng PDIC ang lahat ng claims. Baka maubos na ang pera nila sa savings account members pa lang tapos pagdating sa TIME DEPOSIT accounts e wala na kaming makuha. How secure and stable is PDIC?
@Yvon, the PDIC has kept on insisting before that they have enough money to pay all depositors of the failed rural banks. We’ll see in the next few months if they can actually keep this promise.
What if maubos nga pondo nila (PDIC), ano mangyayari sa ibang depositor na hindi pa nakapag claim? Meron bang other government institution na maghahandle nito? Baka mag-print na lang sila ng maraming money to cover other claims…
@Yvon, actually pag nalaman ng mga tao na kulang ang pera ng PDIC para pambayad sa depositors ng closed banks, sobrang public panic ang epekto nyan so most probably nde natin yan malalaman. Pero kung kulangin man ang pera ng PDIC, pwede muna silang umutang sa BSP o sa ibang creditors. Or yun nga, ang pede nilang tactic ay patagalin ang pagbabayad sa depositors habang naghihintay ng additional na pera.
I also deposited 250k on time deposit account in DRBCI. Though the PDIC start paying regular deposits below 100k and their assurance to pay all the depositors, and that they were just waiting for the advice from their main office to start paying those accounts with more than 100k deposit, still, i am very much worried as i have read it the newspaper that PDIC was trying to apply for 14Billion loan at the BSP but it was not granted. So, meaning to say PDIC itself don’t have enough funds to pay all the depositors. Ma-ta- THANK YOU na lang ba talaga ang pera ng mga depositors with time deposit account?
Are there means of evaluating a rural bank if it is performing well or if it is near bankruptcy/closure? I’m a depositor of Bank of Makati Buendia Branch. Any comment about this bank?
This stopped working tonight!!! BOOOOOOO!!!!
Did the Jonathan Ames letter come yet? I signed up in January and that i definitely definitely hope I didn’t miss it. Is there a way I’m able to browse it if it did already come?