(2018) How to Franchise: Red Ribbon Bakeshop
Is franchising your own Red Ribbon Bakeshop a piece of cake? Find out below!
About Red Ribbon
For the original owners of Red Ribbon Bakeshop, baking cakes started out as a family hobby but it eventually blossomed into a business of serving cakes and pastries to people from all walks of life.
In 1979, Red Ribbon opened its first store in Timog Avenue, Quezon City. Its popularity among Filipinos soon grew and it caught the interest of Jollibee Foods Corporation (JFC) which then decided to acquire the cake business in 2005. To date, Red Ribbon has expanded to more than 370 stores all over the Philippines and 33 store branches in the US.
Franchise Fee & Investment
To franchise Red Ribbon, prospective franchisees will have to shell out a Franchise Fee of P7 Million to P8 Million, depending on the store size and facilities.
There is also a Royalty Fee of 7% and an Advertising Fee of 3% of the monthly gross sales which franchisees need to pay every month.
On top of the franchise fee, there is also an Initial Set-up Fee of P600,000 (VAT-exclusive) which will be required upon receipt of the franchise “Award Notice”.
According to Red Ribbon, the Return on Investment (ROI) and payback period will depend on several factors, including Sales, Market Potential, Investment, and the franchisee’s ability to manage the overall operations of the store.
The Red Ribbon franchise term is five (5) years and may be renewed upon mutual agreement of Red Ribbon and the franchisee.
Franchise Package Inclusions
The Total Franchise Investment includes the following support from Red Ribbon:
- Initial Set-Up Fee
- Improvement/ Construction
- Equipments/ Fixtures/ Furniture
- Pre-opening Expenses
- Hiring and Training of Store Team
- Refrigerated Delivery Truck (4T and up)
Franchisees are responsible for providing manpower for the store team, however, Red Ribbon will assist in the screening and training process. The store team’s salaries and benefits are to be paid by the franchisee.
Franchise Application Steps
1. Submit the following requirements to Red Ribbon:
- Accomplished Red Ribbon Application Forms (with 2×2 recent colored photo of applicant)
- Letter of Intent (include the exact address of the proposed site)
- Vicinity Map of the Proposed Site (if available, include building perspective)
- Dimension and Layout of the site in sqm
- Proposed site should be at least 70 SQM minimum
The site is a requirement if you want to apply for a Red Ribbon Franchise.
2. Submit the completed requirements through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may also send it to this address:
Red Ribbon Bakeshop
29th Floor Jollibee Plaza Building
#10F. Ortigas Jr. Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig City 1600
3. Once your application is approved, you will be notified and then given an “Award Notice” which means you are qualified to be a Red Ribbon Franchisee.
4. Once you receive the award notice, you will need to pay the franchising fee in full.
5. You and your store team will then undergo the Basic Operations Training Program (BOTP). This training includes on-the-job training and classroom sessions. Additional training and support can be provided on a case-to-case basis.
6. Red Ribbon will assist you during the store opening and when the store is in full operation.
Additional Contact Information
If you have any inquiries or clarifications, feel free to contact:
Red Ribbon Franchise Relations Department
Ms. Brigette Z. Delizo
Direct: (+63)2 982 5000 local 4225
Interested in other food business franchises? Check out: Complete list of Philippine companies available for Franchising
Information & Image Sources: Red Ribbon Company Website, Wikipedia
View Related Posts