If you love eating Filipino dishes such as inihaw na baboy, daing na bangus, and adobo enhanced with the experience of consuming it wrapped in banana leaves, you probably would love to eat at BINALOT!
Interested to franchise this food business? Check out the franchise fee and other franchise details of BINALOT below.
BINALOT, owned and operated by Binalot Fiesta Foods Incorporated, is a chain of quick service restaurants that offers Filipino meals wrapped and served in banana leaves. This is also the reason why it’s called BINALOT, since the term literally means “wrapped” in Filipino.
BINALOT’s menu is composed of Filipino meals such as tapa, adobo, bistek, longganisa among others, all meals atop hot rice and garnished with salted egg and tomato.
Franchise Fee and Total Investment
The BINALOT franchise fee is P600,000 for locations in Mega Manila and P700,000 for provincial locations.
There are other costs, however, that the franchisee has to spend on, and the total franchise investment may vary depending on the type of store as follows:
- Full Store / Restaurant (95 – 150 sqm)
Estimated total investment, including the franchise fee, is P3.5 Million to P3.9 Million. It already includes the kitchen equipment, cookware, utensils, construction signage, POS renovation, menu board, and murals.
2. In line “Stall” (25 – 95 sqm)
Estimated total investment, including the franchise fee, is P2.8 Million to P3.5 Million. It includes kitchen equipment, cookware, utensils, construction signage, POS renovation, menu board, and murals.
3. In line “Kiosk” (15 – 25 sqm)
Estimated total investment, including the franchise fee, is P 2.5 Million to P2.8 Million. It includes kitchen equipment, cookware, utensils, construction signage, POS renovation, menu board, and murals.
4. Binalot Express package (6 – 10 sqm)
Estimated total investment, including the franchise fee, is P1 Million to P1.2 Million. It includes equipment, marketing collaterals, staff training, and recruitment support.
Franchise Term and Other Fees
The BINALOT Franchise Agreement is for 6 years from the date of contract signing. However, the franchisee may renew the contract upon mutual agreement with the franchisor. There is a renewal fee of 50% of the then-current franchise fee.
In addition to the initial franchise investment, the franchisee shall remit every month a royalty fee of 5% of gross earnings and a Marketing Support Fund of 2% of gross earnings.
Franchise Package Details
Included in the franchise fee are the following:
a. Commissary: initial inventory
b. Marketing: Opening Assistance, streamers and banners, giveaways, leaflets, opening promos, and food and beverage
c. Personnel Support:
- Operations (Opening Team) – supervisor and two (2) service crew both with a duty for 2 weeks
- Training – maximum of 5 initial staff to be trained (training fee to be shouldered by Binalot company)
As part of the franchise package, BINALOT also assists the franchisee in the following:
- Site selection
- Training in the BINALOT system
- Planning, design and construction (design fee, construction and signage shall be shouldered by the franchisee)
- Opening assistance
- Operations manual
- Central commissary to supply outlet needs
- Training programs
- Regular communication system with franchisees
- Regular store operations assistance and consultations
- On-going marketing and product development
Here are other benefits or inclusions in the franchise investment:
- The franchisee can use the BINALOT business trade name, and accompanying logos and signage for business purposes.
2. The franchisee can use the Business Operations System which is used to facilitate BINALOT branches to operate smoothly and profitably. There will also be free initial training of the the franchisee and initial staff. However, additional staff for training shall be for the franchisee’s account.
3. The company shall assist the franchisee in the training and recruitment of the pioneer store team. A maximum of 5 employees shall attend the full training which would provide the operational, technical, and administrative aspects of the business. The franchise fee includes the training cost.
4. Unless otherwise specified, the franchisee must purchase all supplies, products, and packaging materials only from the company’s accredited vendors.
5. Marketing paraphernalia shall be provided by the franchisor, especially on promo launches, store opening, and other marketing activities. Marketing expenses on a national scale are charged against the National Marketing Support Fund (NMSF) while those for local marketing initiatives are for the franchisee’s account.
6. There are accredited contractors who would build the franchisee’s store. The design of the store is standardized for a greater brand impact.
7. In order to ensure and maintain quality control, to address daily operational concerns, and to determine the store’s specific needs, BINALOT has a dependable and competent team who conduct regular field visits in order to give on-site assistance. It is also the company’s policy to do Research and Development in order to continuously provide and develop innovative Pinoy dishes and new standards for delivery service.
Below are the steps in order to franchise BINALOT:
- Submit a Letter of Intent, resume, and a vicinity map of the proposed site, if any, via e-mail addressed to:
The Business Development Department
BINALOT FIESTA FOODS INCORPORATED
3686 BUJ Building, Sun Valley Drive
Sun Valley Subdivision, West Service Road
Parañaque City 1700
Afterwards, the aspiring franchisee will be asked by the Business Development Officer to attend a franchise orientation. The applicant shall submit an accomplished Franchise Qualification Form provided by the Business Development Officer.
2. The aspiring franchisee shall undergo a preliminary interview. If favorable, he or she then takes a franchise suitability test. Afterwards, there will be an inspection of the proposed location. The applicant may also be presented with a list of locations. If the location passes the evaluation, the aspiring franchisee shall pay a non-refundable reservation fee of P20,000 for Metro Manila and P40,000 for provincial areas, which covers a 30-day period. However, the reservation fee is transferable to another site and deductible from the franchise fee. Further, the aspiring applicant shall conduct a market study.
3. Site approval shall be secured. Investment estimates and financial projections shall be presented by the Business Development Officer to the aspiring franchisee.
4. Finally, the aspiring franchisee shall sign a Memorandum of Agreement and Franchise Agreement.
Binalot Fiesta Foods, Inc.
3686 BUJ Building Sun Valley Drive,
Sun Valley Subdivision,
Paranaque City, Philippines 1700
Tel: (632) 824-7014
Fax: (632) 823-1832
Franchise: 822-6483 / 0932-8441807
* Looking to franchise food carts or other food businesses? View here the Complete list of Philippine companies available for Franchising
Information and Photo Sources: Official Company Website (www.binalot.com)