The Philippine Stock Exhange (PSE) and online broker CitisecOnline.com have released a basic guide on how to invest in the Philippine stock market. This is good reading especially for those planning to join the stock market.
Topics included in the pdf download are:
- Why invest in the stock market?
- How does money grow in the stock market?
- When should I start investing in the stock market?
- How much of my savings should I invest in the stock market?
- How do I start investing in the stock market?
- How does the PSE protect my rights as an investor?
The guide will prove to be very helpful to stock trading newbies. At a time when the PSE index is reaching record all-time highs — closing at 4,053.32 on September 20, 2010 — now may be a good time to enter the stock market.
Update (January 2013): The Philippine Stock Exchange actually posted new highs in 2012 and the PSE is one of the Top 10 Stock Markets worldwide after generating a full-year return of 32.95% in 2012.
You may download the Stocks Investing Primer pdf file here.
This PSE Stock Investing guide is pretty much similar to our very own Tutorial Guide on Stock Trading and Investing which contains more detailed information about stock trading and stock investing.
Other stocks tutorial tips and guides that you can read in PMT are as follows:
- How to trade stocks in the Philippines
- Tutorial Guide on How to Invest in Stocks
- INFOGRAPHIC: Profile of the Filipino Stock Market Investor
- (2011) Philippine Stocks: Top 10 Gainers and Losers