Siomai has been a favorite Filipino merienda snack throughout the decades. If you want a quick snack, you can buy a cheap meal of “siomai rice” best enjoyed with a cold drink of gulaman.
Siomai rice with gulaman is actually the most popular food item of the food cart business Siomai House. Interested to own a franchise of Siomai House? Read more about it below!
Franchise Highlights: Siomai House
|Overview of Siomai House||A food kiosk offering a go-to merienda favorite of Filipinos: siomai! It also sells a refreshing cup of ice cold gulaman.|
|Siomai House franchise fee||Php 300,000 to 400,000|
|Franchise inclusions||Equipment, initial supplies, inventory, crew uniform, staff training, marketing materials, launch support, etc.|
|Advantages of franchising Siomai House||Well-known market player in the siomai category and the food kiosk industry. Siomai is quick and easy to prepare unlike other food products like rice meals. Provides substantial support including crew hiring and launch support.|
|Disadvantages of franchising Siomai House||Food industry is fiercely competitive -- most especially the siomai category.|
Interested in other food cart or food stall franchises? Check out PinoyMoneyTalk’s list of the 100 Best Franchises in the Philippines under Php 1 Million!
About Siomai House
Bernabest Food Products is the company behind Siomai House. This food cart business features steamed pork and shrimp siomai served with banana cum pandan-flavored gulaman, with toyomansi sauce and/or chili-garlic sauce on the side.
Before Siomai House exploded into the mainstream, Bernabest Food Merchandise Inc. actually started their food franchise business journey with empanadas way back in 2001. This food kiosk was named “Empanada Especiale.”
Over the years, Bernabest has expanded into other food kioks with Mac Hotdog and Siomai House. But without a doubt, its biggest, most popular, and most successful food cart has been Siomai House!
Its rich, successful history in the food kiosk franchising business ensures that they have significant experience in offering affordable snacks that appeal to the Filipino palette as well as providing support to enable franchisees to succeed.
Siomai House Franchising Details
Siomai House Franchise Fee
The Franchise Fee for a Siomai House outlet ranges from PHP 300,000 to PHP 400,000. This franchise fee is non-refundable.
The Franchise Term is three (3) years from the signing of the franchise agreement and can be extended for an Extension Fee of PHP 50,000 per year.
Franchise Package Inclusions
When you avail of a Siomai House Franchise, Bernabest Food Products confers to you the right to operate one (1) kiosk at one (1) specific address for three (3) years. This means that should you want to change locations in the future, you will have to inform Bernabest first. Your address change will be subject to the company’s approval. Don’t worry about this as this is a standard term that is typically found in most, if not all franchise agreements.
Availing of the franchise also gives you the right to use the Siomai House brand and all its trademarks, designs, and operational processes.
Also included in the franchise package are the following benefits:
- Siomai House Basic Designed Booth
- Freezer and Steamer
- Beverage dispenser
- Advertising signages
- Two (2) sets of Siomai House Uniforms
- Free delivery 3 times a week
- Other provisions for the business
Finally, do not forget that as a franchisee, you are bound to operate and manage your Siomai House food kiosk business according to the company’s stipulated quality standards. This includes required levels of customer service and overall food cart cleanliness. Non-compliance with this can be punishable by non-refundable revocation of the franchise agreement together with all its benefits.
Similar to what was stated above regarding the potential location change of your food cart, you do not have to worry as these are all standard franchise agreement terms and conditions. Terms like these are typically found in any credible franchise agreement. More importantly, it is undoubtedly in your best interest to follow the company’s stipulated quality standards as these are the same standards that have been leading them to success since 2001!
Siomai House Franchise Requirements
When applying for a Siomai House franchise, make sure you are ready with the following requirements:
- Letter of Intent (LOI)
- Your Resume
- Location Pictures
- Location Map / Sketch Map
- Floor Plan (for Commercial Establishments)
- Monthly rental rate of your chosen location
- The franchisee must obtain, at his/her own expense, from Government authorities
- All necessary government documents, clearances, permits, and licenses to operate the business. This includes (but is not limited to) the DTI/SEC registration, BIR registration, your health certificate and that of your crew, city and barangay clearances, food permits, etc.
Pro Tip: Keep in mind that Siomai House regularly gets several franchise applications. As a result, it is likely that not all applicants will be accepted! Do you want to know how you can get a leg up compared to all other Siomai House franchise applicants?
On top of completely submitting all documentary requirements, make sure that you are able to exhibit the following characteristics during your meeting with the company:
- You are not just a silent investor. Rather, you are a day-to-day manager who is completely dedicated to running the business full-time.
- You are highly motivated and committed to adhering to the highest levels of quality and service required by Siomai House.
- You possess sufficient business administration skills. Having experience in the food or retail industry is a plus!
- You are willing and able to operate the actual systems, procedures, and processes of Siomai House.
- You possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- You have sufficient capital to cover for any and all monetary requirements to ably run your Siomai House food cart. This is important as Bernabest Food Products does NOT provide any form of financing to franchisees.
How to Franchise Siomai House
Interested in franchising a Siomai House kiosk? Here are the steps that you must follow:
- Send your LOI, together with your proposed location, for evaluation and approval to Bernabest Food Products, Inc. Their franchise details are provided below. Note that Bernabest presently does not allow franchises to be opened inside SM malls.
- Once your application is approved, you will then sign the franchise contract and pay the franchise fee.
- There will be a FREE 3-day training period on conducting food preparation, selling, sales reporting, inventory control, and equipment maintenance. You — and not just your crew — must also attend all training sessions.
- After all is done and accounted for, you can open your Siomai House Franchise and start selling siomai!
Pros of Franchising Siomai House
Here’s our analysis on why getting a Siomai House franchise might be a good business deal for you.
- Siomai House is a well-known market player not just in the siomai category, but also in food carts in general.
- Production of siomai is quick and easy as it only involves steaming. This is unlike food products which are more tedious to prepare like rice meals, fries, empanadas, and shawarma.
- Siomai House has partnered with an employment agency to make it easy for you to get crew members for your kiosk.
- Siomai House provides extensive training for you and your crew. This lasts 3-4 days.
- You will be given substantial support for your grand opening. This involves a small drum band, music, and even a mascot!
Cons of Franchising Siomai House
At the same time, here are things to consider about the issues and challenges with a Siomai House franchise.
- The food industry is very competitive and fierce, with new food concepts sprouting almost everyday.
- More specifically, the siomai category is probably the most competitive category of the food industry! For starters, other competitors include: Master Siomai, Siomai King, and Siomai Infinity.
- If you hire crew members from Siomai House’s partner employment agency, take note that your payroll will be more expensive as you will be charged an agency fee.
- It might take months or even a few years to recover the franchising fee and total investment (Php 250,000 to 400,000).
Franchising Contact Details
For more information about this food cart franchise, contact Siomai House at:
Bernabest Food Products, Inc.
- Address: 118 Arellano St., Bagong Barrio, Caloocan City, Philippines
- Tel: (02) 363-0226 / (02) 447-6523
- TeleFax: (02) 362-1902
- Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.siomai-house.blogspot.com
Interested in other food cart, restaurant, or service franchises? Check out PinoyMoneyTalk’s list of the 100 Best Franchises in the Philippines under Php 1 Million!
Information and Photo Sources: Bernabest Food Products (Siomai House company website)