Filipinos surely love eating Chinese food, be it siomai, congee, or wanton! If you are craving for Filipino-Chinese meals, one of the popular local restaurants to try is Hap Chan.
Maybe you want to have your own franchise of Hap Chan someday? Continue reading below to learn more about Hap Chan’s franchise fees, franchise inclusions, and franchise application procedures.
About Hap Chan
Hap Chan Tea House began as a small tea house in Manila in 1997. It was in 1999 when it began franchising its restaurant chain through Hap Chan Trading and Management Corporation.
Hap Chan offers the following dishes, to name a few:
- Dimsum – asado siopao, chicken feet, spring roll, etc.
- Chinese Classics – sweet and sour pork, lumpia sianghai, fried shrimp, etc.
- Congee – bola bola congee, pork with century egg congee, sliced beef congee, etc.
- Noodle Soup – meat ball noodle, beef brisket noodle, wanton noodle, etc.
- Desserts – butchi, chilled taho, almond jelly, etc.
Currently, the company has four Hap Chan business concepts, namely:
- Seafood Restaurant
- Full Restaurant
- Tea House
Franchise Fee and Investment
The total investment required when franchising Hap Chan depends on the business model, whether Full Restaurant or Teahouse. Below are additional franchise details about Full Restaurant and Teahouse business models:
- Full Restaurant
The franchise fee for Hap Chan full restaurant is Php 1.5 million.
Do note, though, that the total investment may reach P9 to 12 Million for retro fit types (160 sqm.) and P12 to 16 Million for stand-alone structure. The space requirement for a full restaurant is 121 sqm. to 300 sqm.
On top of the initial investment, there is also a monthly royalty fee of 5% of gross sales. The initial franchise term is 7 years.
The franchise fee for Hap Chan Teahouse is P1 Million.
The total initial investment, however, could reach P6 to P8 Million. There is also a royalty fee of 5% of gross sales.
The space requirement for a teahouse is 80 to 120 sqm. while the franchise term is also 7 years.
Please note that if you are franchising Hap Chan outside Metro Manila, there is a site inspection fee amounting to P5,000 or total direct expenses (accommodations, meals, and transportation), whichever is higher. This is payable upon issuance of the Request of Inspection.
Hap Chan franchisees receive the following benefits:
- Right to name
- Training assistance
- Propriety marks
- Procurement programs
- Pre-opening assistance
- On-going support
- Operations manual
Furthermore, the total franchise investment paid entitled franchisees to the following:
- Franchise fee
- Operating equipment, dining and kitchen equipment
- Training and pre-operating expenses
- Food security deposit (initial stocks)
- Furniture and fixtures
- Project management fee and design fee
Franchise Application Procedures
If you’re interested to franchise Hap Chan, the following steps would guide you in the process:
- Send a letter of intent and proposed site location to Franchising and Business Development at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once the letter of intent is received, the company will schedule a meeting with you to talk about the franchise details.
- Fill out a confidential questionnaire.
- If qualified, your proposed site shall be visited and a feasibility study will be conducted.
- If the proposed site is feasible, the company will schedule another meeting with you for the signing of the Franchise Agreement.
Head Office: 937 EDSA, South Triangle Quezon City, Philippines
Contact numbers: (632) 411-6186 / 410-4009 / 410-4012
You might also be interested in other franchising opportunities here: Complete list of Philippine companies available for Franchising
Information and Photo Sources: Hap Chan Website (www.hapchan.com.ph)