Use your UnionBank account with PayPal
October 26, 2006
(Updated October 1, 2007) – You should know by now that the previous Send-Only PayPal Philippines accounts have been upgraded to become Send-Receive-Withdraw accounts, meaning, PayPal Philippines users can now send, receive AND withdraw PayPal funds.
Aside from UnionBank’s Visa credit cards, you can also use UnionBank’s EON Visa Electron and eWallet Cards to enroll in PayPal’s Expanded Use Program. The Expanded Use Program will enable you to use PayPal to purchase products online without limit. More info about the Expanded Use Program is in the PayPal Philippines FAQ article.
Here’s how you can use your UnionBank card to (1) attach to your PayPal account; and (2) enroll in PayPal’s Expanded Use Program.
How to attach your UnionBank card in PayPal
1. If you don’t have a PayPal account yet, sign up for one first. Read our “How to open a PayPal Philippines account” article for instructions on how to do this.
2. Once you have registered, log in to your PayPal account, go to “Credit Cards” section, and follow instructions there on how to add your UnionBank Debit or Credit card.
3. You will have to enter the full 16-character card number and CVV number of your UnionBank card. For the “Billing Address,” use the address of record at UnionBank. If you are not sure which one this is, for users of EON and eWallet Cards, log in to UnionBank Internet Banking site and locate the Billing Address in the “Profile” page. If you are using a UnionBank Visa Credit Card, use the address that appears on your monthly statement.
4. Once your enrollment is complete, you can now use PayPal to purchase online with a limit of $100. To lift this Sending Limit, you will have to enroll in the Expanded Use Program.
How to enroll your UnionBank card in PayPal Expanded Use Program
1. Login to your PayPal account and go to the “Credit Cards” section.
2. Select the UnionBank card that you previously attached and choose “Enroll for Expanded Use.” PayPal will charge you $1.95 but this will be credited back on your first PayPal transaction.
3. To complete your enrollment, you will need to enter the 4-digit Expanded Use Number in the “Complete Expanded Use” section.
If you used a UnionBank Visa Credit Card, you can find the 4-digit Expanded Use Number on your next monthly paper statement or by viewing your Visa Transaction History online. See sample below.
If you used EON Cyberaccount or eWallet, you need to contact UnionBank Customer Service Call Center at 84-186 (if it doesn’t work, use 841-8600) and ask the customer service agent to provide you with the 4-digit PayPal Expanded Use (EXPUSE) code. You may need to tell the agent the exact date you applied for the Expanded Use (EXPUSE) code.
4. Once you have successfully entered the Expanded Use Number, you will receive a confirmation message that the Sending Limit has been lifted.
- Complete list of Bank Codes in the Philippines for Paypal
- How to open a PayPal Philippines account
- Discussion on using Paypal in the Philippines
- How to withdraw funds from PayPal Philippines accounts
Click for more interesting, useful and related posts:
- union bank paypal
- paypal to unionbank
- union bank and paypal
- change address unionbank paypal
- how to add money from eon to paypal account
- how to use eon unionbank card to paypal
- where to find unionbank expanded use paypal