Pinoy Money Talk or PMT is the biggest money-oriented website in the Philippines. It is a blog and discussion forum about business, banking, trading, and investing, with more than 26,000 registered PMT Forum members and over 11,000 Facebook fans.
On March 1, 2005, founder James Ryan Jonas created a website that would cater to the education of Filipinos regarding personal finance and investing. Pinoy Money Talk started as a forum for people who are into online investing but has now evolved to include discussions on stock trading, mutual funds, unit investment trust funds, multi-level marketing, banking, forex trading, and entrepreneurship, among others.
Containing more than 1,500 posts, the PMT Blog is a leading local resource on stocks, mutual funds, banking, and making money online, and offline.
The PMT Forum, with more than 26,000 registered members, is becoming a meeting point for stock investors, forex traders, probloggers, work-at-home writers, network marketers, and just about anyone who is making money or currently looking to earn money.
The PMT Facebook page now has more than 11,000 likes and fans as of January 2013.
Awards and Media Citations
During the 10th Philippine Web Awards, PMT was recognized as the People’s Choice Awardee for Blogs.
The website has also been cited as a resource on radio and TV shows, newspapers, and other online media. Some of the website’s media mentions include:
- “Ang Pinaka: Top 10 Controversial Scams,” Ang Pinaka TV show, GMA News TV, December 2012
- “Introduction to Mutual Funds and UITFs,” Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) Academy
- “Complaints mounting on group-buying sites, DTI warns public,” Interaksyon.com (TV 5), July 2012
- “The 12 Most Influential People in Personal Finance,” MoneySense magazine, August 2011
- “Bishop who got PCSO funds was a top Ayala shareholder,” GMA News, July 2011
- ABS-CBN News Network (ANC) TV Interview: “Alternative Investments” on Mornings@ANC, March 2011
- “SC justice faces another accusation of plagiarism,” GMA News, October 2010
- ABS-CBN TV Mention: “Noypi, Ikaw Ba ‘To?” on Noypi, December 2007
- “Variety store owner earns respect of business bloggers,” Philippine Daily Inquirer, November 2007
- DWIZ Radio Interview: “Online Businesses in the Philippines,” October 2007
- DWIZ Radio Interview: “Online Investing and Internet Scams,” July 2007
- “Francswiss and marriage scams,” The Manila Times, July 2007
Got something to tell us? Please use the Contact Us form or directly email admin @ pinoymoneytalk.com.
Interested to advertise? Please see our Advertise page.