PMT Forum
How do you want to make money today?

Freedom Rocks: Forex Hedging (Part 3)

Ping · 296 · 48131

Ping

• VIP 3500
on: Apr 04, 2007, 08:42 AM
Continued from Freedom Rocks: Forex Hedging (Part 2) -Mod.

I noticed IBFX is not paying the amount indicated in the FreedomRocks portfolio calculator anymore.  Did they change the swap rate?  I don't see the update in their site?  Or any errors in the FR calculator?

:confused:
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2007, 12:00 PM by nailbiter »

pingles

• Forum Master 300
Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2007, 12:11 AM
I've listened to FR recorded audio last 4/01/2007. And The presindent advised all the listenrs not to keep on closing all positions to lock in profits because you might lose more in the long term so once postions are opened, just keep it that after a year and just visit the account if a limit buy/sell has been triggered. How true is this? And also, I checked the resetting of orders and it does not discussed anything about closinh the triggered buy limit order...why?

Mike QC

• Mover and Shaker
  • PMT Idol 1000
Reply #2 on: Apr 09, 2007, 01:23 AM
Quote from: pingles
I've listened to FR recorded audio last 4/01/2007. And The president advised all the listeners not to keep on closing all positions to lock in profits because you might lose more in the long term so once positions are opened, just keep it that after a year and just visit the account if a limit buy/sell has been triggered. How true is this?

It is very true. Yes you can of course opt to do this very nice conservative approach and very much rely on the interest (or the swaps) that you will be gaining each day along with those sell limit orders that will trigger from time to time. Just make sure that if you use this option, you are trading with the most tightly correlated currency pairs (the EUR/USD & USD/CHF) and if you want to add a bit of volatility & the higher daily interest that comes with it, then you include the GBP/USD making them our favorite "3 Amigos" (EUR/USD, GBP/USD & USD/CHF). You will definitely end up a big winner in one year.

OR you can do it Mark So's way where you frequently close all your positions and locked in profits from the UpSwings as often as you can. Yes it is also very true that it is possible that you may lose more with this option... that is ONLY IF you blindly keep opening positions without determining the best time to enter the market.  BUT IF you employ Mark's Inverse Hedging strategy by diligently and correctly determining the best time to enter your positions using both recommended indicators, the Bollinger Bands and Relative Strength Index (RSI), then that's another story..... it is highly unlikely that you will end up a loser here. This option WILL even yield you more gains at a much faster rate than the first option.

So now it's all up to you to choose which option you will employ.  :thumbsup2

And also, I checked the resetting of orders and it does not discussed anything about closinh the triggered buy limit order...why?

You are NOT closing a triggered buy limit order until its sell limit counterpart has triggered.  When its sell limit order counterpart finally executed, that's the time you should close both of them and make sure that you double-check that they're exactly the same # of lots.

Hope this helps! :)

« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2007, 02:19 AM by Mike QC »

Markso

Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 2007, 02:07 AM
Hi Pingles,

As traders and investors, there are many philosophies and beliefs out there to make money, all of them have their flaws and strengths, including mine. However as a personal investing philosophy, I simply stick to the golden rule -- "Profits are only made when you exit a profitable trade".

If I lose out on other money making opportunities because of this practice then that is the price I pay and I happily live with it.  

I believe that Sure money will always beat "possible" money. Sticking to this practice has saved me, my businesses and my investment portfolio from disaster many, many times.

Mike, thanks for the support for me and our fellow PMT members, you are a fine FR mentor to the new ones coming in.

Happy Easter to all!

Best regards,
Markso

chavarlison

• Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Forum Master 300
Reply #4 on: Apr 11, 2007, 06:20 AM
it seems the eur/usd and usd/chf are finally back in-sync again. you guys are right, whenever this happens the fear of losing money just disappears since i can see i am protected whether it goes up or down. although i must admit, if i knew where it was going, its damned hard not to just hit one currency pair! :p

pingles

• Forum Master 300
Reply #5 on: Apr 11, 2007, 02:22 PM
yeah, me too, inspite of the ups and downs, i am still able to win 330$ in my demo account. but currently still losing 375$ but i am confortable that all these losses will subside. do you think if i open a real account, there will be no changes in the system? in marketive where i have a live account sometimes their systems behaves erratically like for example, before it goes down 100 pips, it will create a huge spark of 30 pips upward in just 10 seconds so, if you set stop loss at 25 and it you have short order, you will not gain anything since your order has been closed before it went fown.

chavarlison

• Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Forum Master 300
Reply #6 on: Apr 11, 2007, 04:40 PM
that's one of the reason why i stopped news trading. come news time, the spread widens so much, wala ka na ma-gain n pips minsan dun s extreme movements. if you can look at what time these erratic spreads are, most probably there is an economic news airing at that time. worst time that it can happen is if your at or near margin already, sapul ang account mo kung sakali.  :wall:

Mike QC

• Mover and Shaker
  • PMT Idol 1000
Reply #7 on: Apr 12, 2007, 04:55 PM

To better illustrate "Non-Directional" Forex Trading (Inverse Hedging, Swing, Grid & Carry Trading), here's a nice chart:

Mike QC

• Mover and Shaker
  • PMT Idol 1000
Reply #8 on: Apr 14, 2007, 10:58 AM
Last night was just another lucky night!  I took advantage of our 2 most favorite crosspair's very low RSI (Relative Strength Index) of less than 30 and I also saw both pair's prices breached the Bollinger Bands (BB-) line simultaneously.   So as a result, I can't help it (I know FR does not allow this but I'm sorry coz this is the best way to prove a point and kung di pa din kuntento, next time maski na bank account pa hehe), but let me share my live trade screenshot now. Remember, this is still my same original $5,000 live account which I opened last February 6 and as you can see now, it has survived the recent chinese engineered back to back global market crash (w/c so far in 2007 gained an impressive 160% in only 2 months)......

Although I missed taking advantage of Pacific's recent IPO, I’ve just created my own IPO hehe. Again many many thanks to our very own “Chief Forex Trainer” here, none other than Mr. Mark So who made the already safe FR even A LOT safer now more than ever.  A whopping profit of $1,959.99 in ONLY 4 hours last night......

Closed at :
Eur/Usd: -465.50
Gbp/Usd: -647.50
Usd/Chf: +3,072.99
Current Balance: $12,624.02

« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2007, 11:00 AM by Mike QC »

gr8collector

• Forum Champion 700
Reply #9 on: Apr 14, 2007, 11:58 AM
WOW!!!  that was quite a gamble that paid off for you Mike.  
Guys, what Mike did was very, very risky.  If you've got extra cash that you can gamble with and dont mind losing then getting in with 20-30% margin at low RSI and -BB levels will give you very good odds at making tremendous profit.
Its been working in the past so you can be confident that the correlation will hold in the future.  But just to play it safe the maximum margin i would recommend would be 10% for the 3 amigos.  If using EURUSD and USDCHF, i can probably get myself to commit up to 15% margin.  

Mike QC

• Mover and Shaker
  • PMT Idol 1000
Reply #10 on: Apr 14, 2007, 10:02 PM
Gr8collector is right and YES I intentionally broke my own rule. Once again guys (specially those who are trading other people's money), DON'T do what I just did unless you're trading with money that you can afford to lose. I always trade/invest with money that I can very well afford to lose so I got no problem with that. Trading @ 30% margin is indeed very very risky. I only made an exception last night because I simply got carried away and was feeling very very confident specially that our favorite indicators were showing a very predictable market direction. That decision was mine and mine alone and does not represent the views of FR or anyone. This should in NO WAY be interpreted as a recommendation. Now I'm back to my original 10% margin setting and WILL definitely stay there UNLESS of course in very exceptional situations which I find highly favorable to my side and may deem necessary to temporarily adjust to aggressive setting once again.  Remember guys, in FR's "non-directional" trading (inverse hedging) always trade with tightly correlated pairs with NO MORE THAN 10% margin. We highly recommend that you always stick to the plan. It is still best to be conservative and go slowly but surely.  :thumbsup2

Ping

• VIP 3500
Reply #11 on: Apr 15, 2007, 12:20 PM
MikeQC,

Great!

You bought 6 lots of USDCHF using standard account?  or mini account!?  That's quite a gain for a day!

I see you are looking at EURCHF, but you are trading 3 pairs right?  Do you take GBPCHF into consideration, too?

How about GBPJPY, good to watch it if you plan to trade GBPUSD, USDJPY too?

:yehey:
« Last Edit: Apr 15, 2007, 12:23 PM by Ping »

Mike QC

• Mover and Shaker
  • PMT Idol 1000
Reply #12 on: Apr 15, 2007, 10:10 PM
Quote from: Ping
You bought 6 lots of USDCHF using standard account?  or mini account!?  That's quite a gain for a day!

Hi Ping,

Yes it's my very same Standard account (100K Lot Size) that has beaten the recent china market crash....at 400:1 leverage but was temporarily set to 30% margin BUT now back to 10% again.  I only did a one-time 30% margin setting because I was so confident of the market's direction the other night specially that the RSI's so called rubberband (of both crosspairs) were already so overflexed to their limits simultaneously (being below the 30 level mark....see the EUR/CHF chart above but the GBP/CHF was covered but they were exactly on the same boat).  

I see you are looking at EURCHF, but you are trading 3 pairs right?  Do you take GBPCHF into consideration, too?

YES with our 3 amigos, I always look at both EUR/CHF & GBP/CHF crosspairs as my indicators.  It just happened that the GBP/CHF chart was being covered that's why you can't see it in the screenshot.  

How about GBPJPY, good to watch it if you plan to trade GBPUSD, USDJPY too?

Nope, I don't think there's a need for me to include any JPY pair in my trades because the 3 amigos are already volatile enough.  

Once again Guys, DON'T set your margins above 10%.  Just play it safe and the system will work for you consistently for a very long time.  Freedom Rocks' "Non-Directional" Inverse Hedging Strategy is now the SAFEST method to trade in Forex and I have already proven this time and time again.  For the first time, a "near-ZERO% risk" is made even more possible because of FR and Mark So's combined formula.  

Take note that NOTHING is basically "Risk Free" or "ZERO Risk" in this unpredictable world that's why you will noticed that I DIDN'T claim Freedom Rocks & Mark So's Inverse Hedging strategy as totally "Risk Free" or a "ZERO Risk" system. :thumbsup2

Markso

Reply #13 on: Apr 15, 2007, 11:59 PM
Hello All,

I guess some of you are intrigued by now about talk of cross pairs, bb-and RSI. To know more about this strategy, don't forget the date -- April 25 at my office 1503A West Tower Phil Stock Exchange Center Pasig City. 2PM. The enrollment fee is nothing compared to the gains that you can accomplish as can be attested by MikeQC's and Gr8Collector's wonderful testimonials. -- They are already making money by combining FR with my Inverse Hedging Technique, you should be too.

-Markso

sam_1_els

• sam_1_else
  • Forum Master 400
Reply #14 on: Apr 18, 2007, 10:36 PM
Here's a newsletter I got from the freedomrocks yahoogroup.

WARNING: Caution is advised
    Posted by: "Mark T." masterworksfinancial@yahoo.com freedomrocks4x
    Date: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:13 pm ((PDT))

Dear  Traders,

The pound and euro look  to either be at their tops or
within one wave of their top.  The current move  down looks like a
three
wave correction and this leaves open the possibility of  a new high.
Yet the risk is shifting to the downside and the upside potential  is
limited.  Now is the time to exercise caution with your accounts.  On
January  23rd many people using the hedge trading system took cash
grabs
leaving themselves exposed to downside risk and we know what happened
after  January 23rd to the pound.  If you are going to take your
profits, do  so now at the near top of the market.

Let's say the pound and  euro turn over and begin their
corrective moves downward.  If you get into the  market with buy/ buy
right now, you might find yourself in serious drawdown as  this market
turns over.  There is no certainty with regards to the forex market,
however we are dealing with probabilities.  The current probability is
to the  downside which means it's a good time to stay out of the
market while this thing  turns over.

Of course you are  responsible for all your investment
decisions.  Now is the time of  caution?????.

Cheers,   Derek

PMT Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Post only questions or comments here. Advertisements NOT ALLOWED.
  • roselove: hello po sa inyo... newbie here
    Aug 06, 2019, 03:31 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Sino palaging active dito?
    Jul 30, 2019, 04:15 PM
  • dagocjasonrey: Anong update dito?
    Jul 22, 2019, 08:49 PM
  • mark_Lee: anong bago dito
    Jun 28, 2019, 01:03 AM
  • mark_Lee: balita
    Jun 28, 2019, 01:03 AM
  • Lovelyprincess72: hi everyone , I'm newbie here
    Jun 27, 2019, 02:36 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Musta?
    Jun 26, 2019, 01:43 PM
  • Forexanalysis: Hello
    Jun 25, 2019, 06:33 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Hello sa mga online jan! :)
    Jun 15, 2019, 02:58 PM
  • oragon: :applause:
    May 20, 2019, 03:53 PM
  • FutureGizmo: Thank you for reporting those spam posts, oragon! Spam posts now deleted.
    May 20, 2019, 01:59 PM
  • oragon: Admin kindly monitor some peps! posting and sharing inappropriate nude photos and website links
    May 20, 2019, 01:52 PM
  • @culinary10: Hello I am new here! Regarding sa bdo life insurance for 8 years, pwede pa kaya ma refund yung binayad ko na 50k last year? Gusto ko sana icancel kasi lack of financial na, last may 15 2018 po un nag start ako ng life insurance, pinili ko annually kaso etong may 15 2019 wala nako ma ipay so gusto ko sana icash out, may alam ba kayo kung pano marerefund?
    May 17, 2019, 07:56 PM
  • FutureGizmo: Hi Sonny, the posting issue is now resolved. Thanks for informing us! We're currently testing a new, mobile-ready theme so let us us know kung may problema pa sa Forum. :)
    Apr 04, 2019, 10:40 AM
  • sonny.wapak: Nakaka receive din ba kayo nito pag gawa ng new post? "Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator."
    Apr 03, 2019, 10:56 PM
  • leonine_zafiro: what product nun?
    Apr 01, 2019, 10:25 PM
  • dhondiex27: hi
    Mar 30, 2019, 10:55 PM
  • lusart: jayrob i agree 200%. hulog ng langit organico. legit na legit
    Mar 29, 2019, 09:08 AM
  • palemelch: Hi
    Mar 28, 2019, 04:08 PM
  • O.C.W._AK: Magandang Araw sa Lahat! Blessings! (",)
    Mar 28, 2019, 08:42 AM
  • thor15: hello everyone, newbie here
    Mar 25, 2019, 01:47 AM
  • captjaylo: present newbie here
    Mar 22, 2019, 10:06 AM
  • balboagilbert26: hello Guys .. Newbie here
    Mar 21, 2019, 10:55 PM
  • businesswoman2019: @jefsanity nag inquire na po ako pero di sila nagdidisclose. Yung branch po kasi na target ko, currently building pa.
    Mar 21, 2019, 04:27 PM
  • jefsanity: @businesswoman2019, much better inquire ka na lang sa admin nila.
    Mar 21, 2019, 01:51 PM
  • businesswoman2019: Hello! Any idea how much ang stall sa waltermart. 2m x 2m
    Mar 21, 2019, 08:28 AM
  • John Neil: Looking for an accredited iron foundry
    Mar 17, 2019, 03:19 PM
  • jayrob: Mark_Lee ung organico legit po yan..  Member din AQ..
    Mar 17, 2019, 12:57 AM
  • perlymelad: Hello po! Need advice, why my new MLM leaders failing?
    Mar 14, 2019, 08:51 PM
  • perlymelad: Present
    Mar 12, 2019, 07:53 PM
  • kennethmauricio: Hi saan po dito pwede mag post ng for sale properties?
    Mar 11, 2019, 07:58 PM
  • jefsanity: @mark_lee isipin mo anu passion mo at skills mo...
    Mar 11, 2019, 06:52 PM
  • sniperaj09: BAGO LANG
    Mar 10, 2019, 11:16 AM
  • mark_Lee: magandang investnent ngayon sa 30k suggest naman keo mga boss
    Mar 10, 2019, 03:07 AM
  • perlymelad: E-BOOK PO SIR @JEFSANITY
    Mar 09, 2019, 05:40 PM
  • perlymelad: @jefsanity Good Morning Po
    Mar 09, 2019, 05:39 PM
  • perlymelad: Good Day everyone
    Mar 04, 2019, 06:24 PM
  • jefsanity: anu ang small business na yan?
    Feb 28, 2019, 07:40 PM
  • perlymelad: Good Day Everyone
    Feb 28, 2019, 03:31 PM
  • perlymelad: Hello everyone, CAN ANYONE HELP ME SUGGEST ANY SIDE TOPIC  / PROBLEM OF  STARTING SMALL BUSINESS?
    Feb 28, 2019, 06:58 AM
  • perlymelad: Present, 1st time po
    Feb 25, 2019, 06:17 PM
  • jd2281: newbie po
    Feb 25, 2019, 12:26 PM
  • ejllantino: present... 1st time
    Feb 24, 2019, 07:14 PM
  • rheiel: present. first time
    Feb 24, 2019, 11:04 AM
  • MELVIE: thanks po
    Feb 24, 2019, 12:50 AM
  • steph123: hello po, ask lang po, ilang months po ba ang hihintayin after mo ma process ang mga documents para maitama ang mali sa NSO?
    Feb 11, 2019, 03:13 PM
  • Deborah: newbie here.thanks
    Feb 08, 2019, 02:17 PM
  • marj0503: hello im newbie here
    Jan 31, 2019, 10:53 AM
  • yan24: any one here planning to start a tesda skill training center
    Jan 26, 2019, 12:07 PM
  • manzjon: Forex trading forum
    Jan 25, 2019, 02:16 PM