PMT Forum
Do you want to make money today? :)

Sun Life Prosperity Funds

purplehazel · 454 · 117484

bauer

• VIP 4500
dont rely so much with the computation of 2k monthly contribution for 3 years and then you will earn 88t at the end of three years.  the factors affecting the returns of the sunlife balance fund are:

1. NAVPU changes everyday.  NAVPU is net asset value per unit of shares that you purchase.  It may either go up or down.  What if every month when you decide to buy the NAVPU is mostly up?
2. The returns is dependent on the general performance of the philippine economy in 3 years time.  Any problems or crisis specially on the 3rd year will reduce the NAVPU.
3. The t-bills and bond rates are low in the near future so returns are not spectacular.  It will reflect in the NAVPU.

the computation of 88t returns maybe based on past performance only.  It does not guarantee future performance.

drickchua99

Question lang on how this work.. You're going to give them Php 2,000 per month for 3 years and on the 3rd year after your last payment you'll get Php 88,554 more or less. 3 years = 36 months so on the 37th month you'll get that possible return na? And on the first one you'll just give them Php 2,000 only? Tama ba pagkakaintindi ko?

Php 2,000 x 36 months = 72,000. Because of the returns of the balanced fund assuming at least 9% per annum since the start of your investment, you can earn something like 88,000++. This is possible naman although it's not guaranteed that it can net a 9% compounding rate.

Again, this is only a projection and it does not guarantee anything.

meiashie

may age limit po ba ang mga dapat mag invest dito sa sunlife?
i am a student and i want to invest sana i am turing 18 this may
savings ko palang is aroung 5 units nd pa kc abot sa 6 digits
kaya plan ko sana palaguin since naka stock lang naman ung pera sa bank
can anyone help me?

teeyah

• Probie
^The minimum investing amount is now Php 5,000. :) It says so on their website: http://www.sunlife.com.ph/slfglobal/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=c6d2de129ff52210VgnVCM1000009b80d09fRCRD&vgnLocale=en_CA

As for the age, I'm not sure kung bawal ang bata, but I think the requirement is two IDs. Kapag sobrang laki ng amount, they might ask for more docs for AMLA purposes :)

BTW, their advocacy page says they're having a contest and the grand prize is a trip for two to Boracay: http://www.itstime.com.ph/2010/05/13/tell-a-friend-win-a-trip-to-boracay/

engkhanto

i just finish filling out the forms sunlife had given me this morning...

this is my first time in mutual funds...late bloomer kasi...huli na information about investment...laging one day millionare...hope to get my fist 1 million here in sunlife MF...goodluck sa akin

gigabytes

• Forum Tambay 100
Yep, that's correct. Investment in Sun Life is now much affordable, P5,000 as initial investment and P1,000 for succeeding investments.

How do I know? I'm a Certified Mutual Fund Representative from Sun Life. So if you guys have any question or need something, I might be able to help you be it online or in person.

YM - gigabytes27
Email - gigabytes27@gmail.com / garryzaldy.s.decastro@sunlife.com.ph
Posted on: Jun 08, 2010, 09:31 AM

may age limit po ba ang mga dapat mag invest dito sa sunlife?
i am a student and i want to invest sana i am turing 18 this may
savings ko palang is aroung 5 units nd pa kc abot sa 6 digits
kaya plan ko sana palaguin since naka stock lang naman ung pera sa bank
can anyone help me?

@meiashie - yes you need to be 18. I think by now, 18 ka na, right? Anong help ang need mo?

Ping

• VIP 3500
San po makikita yun historical price ng Sunlife VUL balanced funds PHP?

Kung tama ako, today ito ang price nya 1.8742 (http://www.sunlife.com.ph/slfglobal/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=e8bcde129ff52210VgnVCM1000009b80d09fRCRD&vgnLocale=en_CA)

:hello:
« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2010, 05:51 PM by Ping »

Ping

• VIP 3500

gigabytes

• Forum Tambay 100
Actually there is a cut off. What you actually see is yesterday's NAVPS. For example, if you plan to invest today, make sure you do it before 12nn so that your investment will be computed with the published rate for the day. If you happen to do it beyond 12nn, your investment will be computed with the next computed NAVPS which will be more likely computed around 4-6pm. Thus, not yet known.

So rule of thumb, always do it in the morning. Either putting in or redeeming.

prentsprays

:thankyou:

dami ako natutunan dito.

I started investing sa Philippine Equity through Sunlife mutual funds 5 months ago. Dito muna ko and learn some before I go into Stocks market myself. May minimum lot pa kasi ang PSE.

A320

paano po maghulog ng subsequent investment kapag nasa labas ng pilipinas? Kailangan pa po ba ng order ticket? pano na po ang process? salamat po.

gigabytes

• Forum Tambay 100
@a320 Kung nsa labas ka ng pinas, (assuming you invested in Sun Life) you can send directly to Sun Life Asset Management Corp (SLAMC) bank accounts, then take note of the transaction number. After which, you will need to have a Subsequent Investment form filled up, with signature. You then need to send the signed Subsequent Investment form to your agent/advisor or directly to SLAMC for processing.

Best way is to have a relative deposit the funds thru BPI or BDO here in the Philippines. Scan the deposit slip along with the Subsequent Form (make sure you have the signature), then email to SLAMC or your agent/advisor.

@bizmen, sir eto din ung procedure that I mentioned to your wife. I already gave her Order Tickets (subsequent investment) that you can reproduce.

Should you need an investment advisor (Sun Life), I might be able to help you. Below are my contact details:

YM - gigabytes27
Mobile - 0922 897 8077
Email - garryzaldy.s.decastro@sunlife.com.ph / gigabytes27@gmail.com

A320

@a320 Kung nsa labas ka ng pinas, (assuming you invested in Sun Life) you can send directly to Sun Life Asset Management Corp (SLAMC) bank accounts, then take note of the transaction number. After which, you will need to have a Subsequent Investment form filled up, with signature. You then need to send the signed Subsequent Investment form to your agent/advisor or directly to SLAMC for processing.

Best way is to have a relative deposit the funds thru BPI or BDO here in the Philippines. Scan the deposit slip along with the Subsequent Form (make sure you have the signature), then email to SLAMC or your agent/advisor.

salamat po sir.

bizmen

• Forum Expert 500
@zaldy,  thanks pala for accomodating our Prosperity Fund investments ...keep in touch!!!  

gigabytes

• Forum Tambay 100

teeyah

• Probie
Piolo Pascual endorses Sun Life! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31u5qfG_uYs

Rothschild

• Forum Master 300
Guys,

Dont invest on Philam or Sunlife or Grepalife or AXA or Mutual Funds...Sayang lang pera nyo kasi matutulog...Pag me nagoffer sa inyo ng ganyang products , all of them are Insurance Sales Person disguising as Financial Consultants !! So beware!! If someone is trying to sell you insurance ask them first kung sila mismo ay bumili kasi lahat sila hindi bumibili ng insurance products na ibinebenta nila (bumili man malamang konti lang).. Kung meron sila , humingi kayo ng proof na bumili nga sila and compare nyo kung magkano nya nabili before at kung ibebenta nya ngayon  magkano maibebenta, from there makikita nyo na yung insurance funds ay hindi lumaki at sasabihin lang nila na kasi "DOWN ANG MARKET!"  Just be careful because you will LOSE your retirement money to them...its like plain and simple robbery!

freefront

• VIP 4500
^How can you be a rothschild if you diss financial products so easily? These are the same instruments that enable these people to live like kings, give away to charities and to be able to keep their riches, whether gotten by fair means or foul. It is called wealth preservation. And they have been doing this for generations, not just 2-3 years.

What could be your attitude if you bombed in stock trading, too. I wonder?

Just to keep things cool, have you seen the 1 Million dollar replica living room of the Rothschilds of New York at the Jerusalem Museum? That will make you gig instead of sourpussing all over the place. We all get to feel like a fool sometime. Get over it.

GoodSteward

• VIP 3500
@Rothschild
I suggest that he wont be too monotonous with his posts. 14 of his 15 posts are the same. We get you, ok. Nakakabingi yun pgkulit mo, freakin annoying.
http://www.pinoymoneytalk.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=23123;sa=showPosts

freefront

• VIP 4500
Hey FF! Howdy our very patient Sunlifer? I'm about to post my nephew's soa. I was wondering if there was no stock dividend declaration in 2009?

freedomfighter

• Forum Champion 900

Hey FF! Howdy our very patient Sunlifer? I'm about to post my nephew's soa. I was wondering if there was no stock dividend declaration in 2009?

Hi there good friend, freefront!  hehe can't blame you.  I would love to post too some of the Soa's of some of my clients who practice the discipline of making regular investments with us.  But I don't think our compliance dept. will allow me on that. hehe  

Regarding your question, if my memory serves me right, I think we did last year but with our GS Fund only.  Let me get back on you once I confirmed it.

freefront

• VIP 4500
^I got the SOA from my adviser. It one of my nephews' and I got his approval and his name will be cropped out anyway. I'll do it as soon as the kids get back from school. It is very interesting. It shows how you get capital gains, stock dividends, the cost averaging principle, the back end, no load, front load thing and exactly where you are to this day.

So as not to affect the rep. of SL, I will post it in the general MF thread.

freedomfighter

• Forum Champion 900
Please do give us a heads-up here once you posted it, freefront.

I'm a bit catching up on the threads here including those who sent me pm's. Been busy more on offline activities lately as I have to see and talk with clients personally on the field. I would appreciate for those contacting me to just send me a text message so I could attend promptly to your concerns.

As regards, personally practicing the discipline & strategy of doing cost averaging, I have instructed my employer, Sun Life, to automatically deduct/debit from my ACS the amount of Php 5,000 every month (P2,500 every payday) and credit it to my personal MF account, just for good measure. This is in addition to the automatic 5% deduction that Sunlife witholds from my monthly earnings as my personal share and credited to our company sponsored Provident Retirement plan. Sunlife matches our personal contributions under such provident plan with a 100% equal share/amount.:watchuthink: I am thus very grateful that I am associated with the Best company in the industry that encourages its advisors not just to do the talk, but walk the talk too, as well! :rakenrol:

I also a have a private traditional trading/distribution company in the province, and me and my business partner has taken life insurance policies that are link to an investment component similar to a Mutual Fund (we call it Vul). This is more under a Keyman or partnership insurance that is funded from the earnings of our company.

And I do have my own personal life insurance policies, max-out my Group life insurance coverage to maximum coverage allowed by Sunlife in my case, and I do have a stand-alone personal accident insurance with medical reimbursement and stand alone critical illness insurance in addition to Sunlife's CIB riders on my policies.

Now Rotchschild, if only you would do me the honor of meeting you personally perhaps I could influence you to have a change of heart on your outlook. Please be assured I will not sell you anything bro let's just get acquainted over a cup of coffee.

Regards to all!

^I got the SOA from my adviser. It one of my nephews' and I got his approval and his name will be cropped out anyway. I'll do it as soon as the kids get back from school. It is very interesting. It shows how you get capital gains, stock dividends, the cost averaging principle, the back end, no load, front load thing and exactly where you are to this day.

So as not to affect the rep. of SL, I will post it in the general MF thread.
« Last Edit: Mar 11, 2011, 05:02 AM by FutureGizmo »

Rothschild

• Forum Master 300
before me meet in person, can you email me a proof na ikaw mismo ay bumili na policy ng sunlife? I expect na siginificant amount ang ibinili mo at hindi lang yung masabi lang na bumili ka...perhaps I will be convinced na maganda yung product kasi ikaw mismo bumili ng policy...
Posted on: Jul 16, 2010, 05:06 PM
@GoodSteward,

Ikaw ba yung nagaahente before sa Legacy Mess (Banco Paranaque)??
Posted on: Jul 16, 2010, 05:08 PM

^How can you be a rothschild if you diss financial products so easily? These are the same instruments that enable these people to live like kings, give away to charities and to be able to keep their riches, whether gotten by fair means or foul. It is called wealth preservation. And they have been doing this for generations, not just 2-3 years.

What could be your attitude if you bombed in stock trading, too. I wonder?

Just to keep things cool, have you seen the 1 Million dollar replica living room of the Rothschilds of New York at the Jerusalem Museum? That will make you gig instead of sourpussing all over the place. We all get to feel like a fool sometime. Get over it.
Siguro Insurance Salesperson ka kaya ka nagagalit, apektado ba sales mo??

freefront

• VIP 4500
^Sorry sweetie. My livelihood still involves sales, but you go away in pain if you don't avail of it, is all I am saying. I am really sorry for your loss. You will believe what you want to believe and we will leave it at that.

And why would I need to show proof to you? This will just become a pissing contest. A very useless endeavor I certainly don't need. 'Ciao!
Posted on: Jul 16, 2010, 07:48 PM
Sorry FF. The item from photobucket is all blurry and we can't make it look right. Maybe you can post a portion of yours?

GoodSteward

• VIP 3500
« Last Edit: Jul 16, 2010, 08:57 PM by GoodSteward »

AbysmalSpecter

• Forum Champion 800

^Sorry sweetie. My livelihood still involves sales, but you go away in pain if you don't avail of it, is all I am saying.

Med rep ka?  Hehehehehe

freefront

• VIP 4500

freedomfighter

• Forum Champion 900

before me meet in person, can you email me a proof na ikaw mismo ay bumili na policy ng sunlife? I expect na siginificant amount ang ibinili mo at hindi lang yung masabi lang na bumili ka...perhaps I will be convinced na maganda yung product kasi ikaw mismo bumili ng policy...

Why email pa when i can show them to you personally.  You can touch them, hold them, scrutinized, go from cover to cover, and read the fine prints and best of all, we could have a lively, intelligent conversation as to any of your questions and objections.  Face to Face, man to man.  Nothing to lose bro.  And since ako naman ang nag-invite, sagot ko na coffee natin sa Starbucks.

You know how to contact me.

Regards!

Tony

AbysmalSpecter

• Forum Champion 800

^Worse! Pero hindi ako "drug pusher" :hihi:

Hahahaha.  If you're not, I have no use for you.   :D   Of course, joke lang un.

richpulubi

• PMT Jedi 2500

Guys,

Dont invest on Philam or Sunlife or Grepalife or AXA or Mutual Funds...Sayang lang pera nyo kasi matutulog...Pag me nagoffer sa inyo ng ganyang products , all of them are Insurance Sales Person disguising as Financial Consultants !! So beware!! If someone is trying to sell you insurance ask them first kung sila mismo ay bumili kasi lahat sila hindi bumibili ng insurance products na ibinebenta nila (bumili man malamang konti lang).. Kung meron sila , humingi kayo ng proof na bumili nga sila and compare nyo kung magkano nya nabili before at kung ibebenta nya ngayon  magkano maibebenta, from there makikita nyo na yung insurance funds ay hindi lumaki at sasabihin lang nila na kasi "DOWN ANG MARKET!"  Just be careful because you will LOSE your retirement money to them...its like plain and simple robbery!

I know exactly how you feel!  I just hate it when people will go up to you and try selling insurance, investment, or insurance investments.  They don't even know your needs! Pretending to know what is good for you!

But I will admit, I do deal with an insurance lady, I have invested through her, and I have bought insurance from her.  But i too have tested her when I needed to make a claim and she really really helped me!  And so, not all insurance sales people are so bad after all!

bisoy

• Forum Tambay 150
bossing baka may makatulong nmn sken.. interested po ako d2 sa mutual fund na offer ng sunlife...
OFW po ako baka meron nmn makakapagadvice sken anu ung mga kelangan at konting enlightement pa sa sunlife mutual fund...

thank you po...

kenshin

just a quick inquiry: how much is the minimum monthly investment for sunlife prosperity funds. i understand that initial investment is 10k but how bout the succeeding payments?
thanks and God bless! :D  

freefront

• VIP 4500
5k initial
1k subsequent, as frequent as you like

freefront

• VIP 4500
^ask if she has a license for MF.
The initial went down to 5K sometime last yr. pa yata or early this yr. because of the campaign for financial literacy.

freedomfighter

• Forum Champion 900
you're correct freefront.  initial minimum is 5K only and subsequent is as low as 1K only, as frequent as you want.

@kenshin   If your advisor's recommendation is to go for a Vul, you should have full appreciation of the advantage/disadvantage of getting one, as presented by your advisor.  Baka kasi wala ka pang life insurance or you're still under protected kaya yun ang recommendation nya.  With Vul kasi you enjoy both having protection and investment at the same time.  Pero tanungin mo na rin sya if licensed sya for MF.

At the end, ikaw pa rin naman magde-decide.  

Regards!

Anthony Cura
Financial Advisor
Licensed Mutual Fund Representative
Sun Life Financial
thonycoors7@yahoo.com
anthony.s.cura@sunlife.com.ph
0917-5803858

AbysmalSpecter

• Forum Champion 800
I opened Sunlife Prosperity Balanced Fund early this month.  I am setting aside a certain amount to buy on a monthly basis.

freedomfighter

• Forum Champion 900
Here's my take, kenshin... since you confirmed that you indeed has no insurance yet then I suggest you consider a diversified portfolio with us instead of just taking a stand alone MF approach. You see, life insurance is an indispensable foundation of a sound financial planning. As financial advisors, we would be doing a disservice if we are not able to point out to you the prudence of having a comprehensive plan that would automatically be on auto-pilot or would self-complete (in contrast to self-destruct), just in case disability, or diagnosis of a critical illness, or even if death interupts your wealth accumulation plan.

Yes, you may be young, healthy, and even feel immortal, that accident or diagnosis of a critical illness or even death may happen to other people but not to you. But I'm telling you, it may happen to you, or to anybody, even to me -sooner or later. What if mangyari nga yun? What will happen if assuming you intend to accumulate say 1Million in 10 years time and you started setting aside a portion of your income every month to a Mutual Fund account alone, without any insurance protection on the side?

Let's say nag-open ka ng MF with an initial 5K and then you made regular monthly subsequent investments or top-ups into your mutual fund and then suddenly disability strikes. Nawalan ka ng trabaho since disabled ka na. Syempre ang makukuha mo lang ay kung magkano naipon mo with your Mutual Fund. Actually to be precise, kung magkano lang fund value nya at that time. Hanggang duon na lang sya! Maari pa ngang negative pa if down ang market. What if P5,000 pa lang na-invest mo? Di ba disaster yun? Self-destruct na stand-alone Mutual fund approach mo kung magkagayon.

Do you know that there is wisdom in using the strategy of using "leverage" in building-up your investment portfolio? An example of utilizing leverage is when you buy a real estate property using an easy payment installment scheme. Let's say you bought a real estate property worth 1Million with this strategy and you only paid an initial installment of 5% or 50K pesos. But by virtue of said installment payment, you have now an interest in an asset that is worth more than what you actually invested or paid for!

Ganun din yun if you take a regular pay VUL. You are actually using leverage. With Sun Flexilink, you could start by getting a 500K or 1Million worth of Life insurance by just paying the initial quarterly premium muna, i.e. 5K din or more depending on your age and face amount and riders desired. And then just make regular monthly premium payment or investment into your VUL which may even be much lower than 1K and as frequent as you like.

Bottomline is, you are able to apply leverage because what you actually bought is an interest or proprietary right to a VUL property worth 1Million Pesos, for example, just by paying the initial quarterly premium and the monthly premium, threafter. Best of all, "liquid" pa sya, unlike a real estate property. So you could accessed your funds anytime the need arise.

I would be able to articulate my point of view, comprehensibly, if I had been able to interview you personally, but because of the limited information I have from you and the lack of personal interfacing, I would like to caution you not to take this as a financial advise but more of my personal opinion instead.

Just my view.

Regards!

freedomfighter

« Last Edit: Mar 11, 2011, 04:59 AM by FutureGizmo »

kenshin

Thank you for the information.

I am 30 y/o single. No dependents.

richpulubi

• PMT Jedi 2500
What is the purpose of life insurance?  It's to make sure your wife and kids will survive if you die prematurely.  So, if you hve no wife, or if she is making more money than you, and if you have no kids, then you don't need life insurance YET.  Better to get disability insurance, so if you cn't work due to an injury, you still get money.

bauer

• VIP 4500
RP, agree. i got life insurance after i got married.

freefront

• VIP 4500
^We have stand alone disability insurance in P.I.? I would get that. No hands, no work period

RP, I don't even qualify dying as prematurely or timely. I die period My carcass needs to be buried. I will use that 250K to go whoring around the world or as I see fit and not keep it in the bank. My relatives, who I love-doesn't really mean they love me the same- will experience the same travails as anybody else so I made my own rule: my funeral-my expense.

And this is the most bad*ss notion in my head---I will create the most money with the least capital (all kinds-time,money and effort) in any way legally possible, for the most optimum number of people to enjoy and to pass along the process. Insurance is just one way.

How is the concept of insurance not part of the financial literacy? It is money! (Sorry about the strident tone. I am having another bout of mini-midlife crisis :D :D :D)

mxherr5

• PMT Idol 1000
Meron, disability due to accidents nga lang hehehe
I also tried to look for a disability insurance that covers
disabilities due to illnesses but alas I couldn't find one.

But my Prulife agent did tell me that their VUL product
comes with a built-in disability insurance and it covers
disabilities due to illnesses.

Kung ok lang sana loyalty bonus policy ni Prulife, eto
na sana kukunin instead of Sunlife hehe.

Also my work insurance also covers disabilities due to
illnesses. Sa Axa yung group insurance namin so maybe
Axa's VUL might have a disability rider. I'm not sure

@kenshin, if I were in your shoes. I'd keep it. Sooner or
later you'll probably need insurance especially once you
get married.

I got my Sunlife policy when I was 21 years old and then
3 years later I got married. I don't regret getting it.

Although I'm not sure if a VUL is the right product for
you. Gusto ko kasi yung risky at pwede kong "controlin"
policy ko eh hehehe

richpulubi

• PMT Jedi 2500
life insurance in not an investment.  investments makes your wealth grow. insurance does not. but it is a means to give you the courage to make more wealth, cuz you can take greater risks with your money or business.  risks you can take, cuz you don't need to worry about your family if your die prematurely.

eventually, when you've set aside enough, life insurance is no longer necessary to sustain your family.  but rather, the proceeds will be used to settle estate taxes upon your death.

sardonyx

• Forum Master 300
I plan to purchase additional shares of Sunlife's Balanced Fund.  Nakalimutan ko na ang mga additional charges.  Paki-verify lang po.  

May front-end load at back-end load (depending on how long you hold them) ba when purchasing the shares?  or do you have the option to choose as to how you will be charged?

Sa Sunlink, pwede pala i-register ang mutual fund account mo.  I have my account number, pero nakalimutan ko na ang valid ID used and ID number ko since I bought my shares 4 years ago pa.  Would I still be able to register my account online?
« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2011, 10:42 PM by sardonyx »

xyphrus

• Forum Tambay 200
This is a great forum. I learned a lot sa pagbabasa dito kahit sa maikling panahon pa lang. Sana lang eh noon ko pa ito nakita.

Anyway, i have a question lang sana sa mga Sunlife Agent/Advisor out there, or sa kahit hindi agent, basta pwedeng sumagot sa query ko. I'm planning to invest sana sa Mutual Fund ng Sunlife, particularly Equity and Balanced Fund, hopefully early next month. I have some few questions lang po..

1. Anu-ano ang procedure/requirements na kelangan in case i-wiwithraw na yung naipon sa MF?

2. Mga gaano katagal aabutin ang procedure na yun?

3. In case of death (ng investor), pwede bang ma-claim ng relatives nya or family yung naipon nya sa MF?

4. If yes, anu ang mga requirements na kelangan? And gaano katagal ito aabutin?

TIA po..
« Last Edit: Dec 24, 2011, 10:28 PM by xyphrus »

freefront

• VIP 4500
^#3 I haven't addressed this one yet. But I plan to ask the 2 eldest kids to sign up to be part of an "OR" account and leave the password of the online account to them in a safety deposit box. That should take care of the bother of producing documents (which I suppose would be death certicate, birth certificate -theirs and mine, maybe a last will and testament?) and bypassing the inheritance tax altogether.

Since you are already concerned about passing on your assets, let's just tack this in, okay?
TAX BASE, PHP (US$) TAX RATE
Up to 200,000 (US$4,469) nil
200,000 - 500,000 (US$11,172) 5% on band over US$4,469
500,000 - 2 million (US$44,687) 8% on band over US$11,172
2 million - 5 million (US$111,717) 11% on band over US$44,687
5 million - P10 million (US$223,434) 15% on band over US$111,717
Over 10 million (US$223,434) 20% on band over US$223,434
Source: Global Property Guide
see: http://www.bir. gov.ph/taxinfo/ tax_estate. htm

Citizens and resident foreigners are allowed the following deductions, aside from the expenses and taxes related to the property as well as the surviving spouse's share, before arriving at the taxable estate:
PHP1 Million (US$22,343) standard deduction,
PHP1 Million (US$22,343) for the family home,
PHP200,000 (US$4,469) for funeral expenses, and
PHP500,000 (US$11,172) for medical expenses during one whole year before the testator's death.

xyphrus

• Forum Tambay 200
@ freefront - thanks for the input sir..

I want to invest din sana dito Sunlife kaso yung mga agent na tinext ko hindi naman nagrereply. Merong isang nagreply, pero VUL lang daw yung kini-carry nya and not pure mutual funds. Ire-refer na lang daw ako sa colleague nya, pero until now wala naman akong nare-recieve na text. 

rhipolito

• Forum Master 300

I want to invest din sana dito Sunlife kaso yung mga agent na tinext ko hindi naman nagrereply. Merong isang nagreply, pero VUL lang daw yung kini-carry nya and not pure mutual funds. Ire-refer na lang daw ako sa colleague nya, pero until now wala naman akong nare-recieve na text. 

You got PM xyphrus.

xyphrus

• Forum Tambay 200
Got your PM sir. Hindi nako makapag-reply, full na po yata yung inbox nyo. Anyway, thanks again sir..

kimerran

• Forum Expert 500
Today I discovered a very useful tool when it comes to financial planning. Brought to you by Sun Life Philippines, one of the top investment/insurance company here in the Philippines, the tool helps you choose what kind of product you may want to get to attain your goals such as income protection, health, education, investment, retirement or all of these.

Read more...

lupin

• Forum Tambay 150
Today I discovered a very useful tool when it comes to financial planning. Brought to you by Sun Life Philippines, one of the top investment/insurance company here in the Philippines, the tool helps you choose what kind of product you may want to get to attain your goals such as income protection, health, education, investment, retirement or all of these.

Read more...

175K in 5 years, is roughly equivalent to savings 2k/mo for 7% interest compounded annually, not bad if you don't have other choices though.

allanmm13

• Forum Champion 900
175K in 5 years, is roughly equivalent to savings 2k/mo for 7% interest compounded annually, not bad if you don't have other choices though.
You had choices here, http://www.pifa.com.ph/factsfignavps.asp
Just do a comparison in 3-yr, 5-yr to see the performance of the funds.

Note: past performance is never a guarantee of future returns

leonine_zafiro

• Forum Tambay 150
if you want Sun Life Investments we are Sunlife Financial/Investment Advisor! kindly contact us: 9358000 or 09167962059

kithe

• PMT Idol 1000

Hi! I am sorry ha, pero wala ako narecieved na text from you.. :)

xyphrus

• Forum Tambay 200
@ kithe - mam ask ko lang po sana regarding GS Fund and Bond Fund, which among the two ang mas higher ang return based sa history ng Sunlife? And alin sa kanila ang mas less ang risk? TIA..

vgal0579

• Forum Champion 800
am thinking of investing here... Just thinking... :-)

kithe

• PMT Idol 1000
@ kithe - mam ask ko lang po sana regarding GS Fund and Bond Fund, which among the two ang mas higher ang return based sa history ng Sunlife? And alin sa kanila ang mas less ang risk? TIA..

Based on year on year (YoY) return (as of Feb. 24, 2012), both have the same 13% return.

GS Fund invest mainly in government debt and Bond Fund  invests in government and high-quality corporate debt.

Both funds are low risk.

xyphrus

• Forum Tambay 200
Ah, ok. But which of the two (2) you think has much lower risk? Same lang din po ba?

mxherr5

• PMT Idol 1000
Sunlife's site shows that both funds have the same risk but the bond fund has a longer time horizon compared to the gs fund so I guess that means the bond fund is riskier overall

kithe

• PMT Idol 1000
Ah, ok. But which of the two (2) you think has much lower risk? Same lang din po ba?

GS Fund because it is mainly invest in government securities.
« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2012, 05:21 AM by kithe »

xyphrus

• Forum Tambay 200
@ mxherr / kithe - i see. Thanks for that information. So if i will be needing the money for 1 year or less, then i guess it is much safer to invest here (GS Fund). Though the return is very low compare to equity, much lesser risk naman. Its really ideal to have a fund/investment for short-term and long-term. Thanks again.. :)
« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2012, 08:27 AM by xyphrus »

poorbutrich

Hello,

I am new to this site. I am just a simple young professional who seeks for financial freedom. hehe. Nakapagsearch ako and read books about how I can invest and save pero sobrang newbie pa din talaga ako kaya hindi ko sya masyado nagegets. hehe. I am interested to investing in sunlife kasi number 1 sila recently. And I have searched about the 5K minimun sa prosperity fund. Anyone who can enlighten me about it and who can give me suggestions on how I can start on saving and investing?

Thank you very much. Godbless

xyphrus

• Forum Tambay 200
@ poorbutrich - you can contact Kithe. She can help you in your financial plans. Send her PM and ask her contact details.
« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2012, 02:04 PM by xyphrus »

poorbutrich

@ poorbutrich - you can contact Kithe. She can help you in your financial plans. Send her PM and ask her contact details.

noted! Thanks Xyphrus :)

george88

• PMT Idol 1000

Hello,

I am new to this site. I am just a simple young professional who seeks for financial freedom. hehe. Nakapagsearch ako and read books about how I can invest and save pero sobrang newbie pa din talaga ako kaya hindi ko sya masyado nagegets. hehe. I am interested to investing in sunlife kasi number 1 sila recently. And I have searched about the 5K minimun sa prosperity fund. Anyone who can enlighten me about it and who can give me suggestions on how I can start on saving and investing?

Thank you very much. Godbless
Meron ka na bang savings? The Rule in Investing is at least you have Emergency or Contingency Fund...

PMT Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Post only questions or comments here. Advertisements NOT ALLOWED.
  • Doni_megaworld: good morning! who's online?
    Yesterday at 08:47 AM
  • Doni_megaworld: good morning guys!
    May 27, 2020, 09:47 AM
  • Doni_megaworld: work work
    May 26, 2020, 02:47 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: What's good in this afternoon?
    May 26, 2020, 02:01 PM
  • Doni_megaworld: agreed
    May 25, 2020, 03:30 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: @lyndrey depende siguro sa seller, so kung mag order kayo online much better na kilala niyo at trusted
    May 25, 2020, 02:29 PM
  • Doni_megaworld: kumusta? sino mga online?
    May 24, 2020, 03:24 PM
  • lyndrey: Do not buy PPE online. Either expensive overpriced or totally damaged or cannot be used
    May 24, 2020, 01:37 PM
  • lyndrey: Online Scammers/online shopping cheats are active with stay at home regimen.
    May 24, 2020, 01:34 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: @razee22 Parang di na po nacoconvert into money ang load po.
    May 12, 2020, 04:07 PM
  • razee22: any advised or recommendation?
    May 12, 2020, 11:16 AM
  • razee22: Paano po ba iconvert ang load into money like Paypal, Paymaya or Gcash?
    May 12, 2020, 11:15 AM
  • razee22: paano po ba iconvert ang load into money? Paypal or Gcash
    May 12, 2020, 11:14 AM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Hellooooo, okay lang ba kayo dyannnn?
    May 11, 2020, 11:40 AM
  • theimprobableone: hi
    May 05, 2020, 11:37 AM
  • freelance_treasure_hunter: hello all...
    Apr 28, 2020, 04:26 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Can someone save me?
    Mar 24, 2020, 01:39 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: I'm tired.
    Mar 24, 2020, 01:39 PM
  • Victorvargas: Hello sa lahat po new lang po dito. Hope na marami matutunan ako about business.
    Mar 21, 2020, 09:43 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Yoh, its been a while.
    Mar 17, 2020, 10:33 AM
  • demi07: Hello everyone! New in pinoymoneytalk :)
    Mar 14, 2020, 01:24 PM
  • theappswitch: Hi!
    Feb 25, 2020, 03:14 PM
  • mike2020: hi po sa inyo lahat
    Feb 23, 2020, 11:52 PM
  • Jayjayqwe: hi po
    Feb 19, 2020, 11:27 PM
  • tirs d pip: hello
    Feb 18, 2020, 02:32 PM
  • Ace1105: Hello sa lahat...  :hello:
    Feb 07, 2020, 09:46 AM
  • FREYAHYARA: Anyone knows where Ig shops like styledom.ph, thriftme, instashoppeavenu and the likes get their items for selling. Would like to venture in the same business but would like to know where and who the suppliers are
    Jan 28, 2020, 09:38 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: To bpc85 kung nakalagay ang inyong names sa beneficiary list ng iyong ama kay may makukuha po kayo.
    Nov 28, 2019, 02:18 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Hellooooo, its been a while. :)
    Nov 28, 2019, 02:16 PM
  • miakashidou31: hi , meron po ba ditong nagta transfer sa paypal?
    Nov 05, 2019, 01:46 PM
  • whennedy: good noon po
    Oct 18, 2019, 12:04 PM
  • edzlpdac: goood day po sa lahat!
    Oct 12, 2019, 03:37 PM
  • bpc85: ask lng sana ako kung may makukuha ba kami ng Mama ko at ako or mga kapatid ko sa benepisyo ng aming Ama bilang membro ng AFPSLAI. thank you po.
    Sep 27, 2019, 12:52 PM
  • bpc85: Hi guys, im new here,.
    Sep 27, 2019, 12:52 PM
  • Anaperdi: Hi just want to know if meron dito who is into boundary hulog ng motorcycle? For mga riders ng courier. Pwede ba magpashare how it works? Naisip ko lang baka pwede ko ibusiness, meron na pala mga posts online pero di pa clear ang system sa akin. thank  you sa makakapansin
    Sep 21, 2019, 11:32 AM
  • Anaperdi: Hi newbie here..
    Sep 21, 2019, 11:19 AM
  • jprios: May contact ba kayo kung sakali?
    Sep 18, 2019, 06:11 PM
  • jprios: Sino pwedeng mahiraman dito?
    Sep 18, 2019, 06:09 PM
  • kfg52: Present!
    Sep 15, 2019, 07:26 PM
  • juju31: san po ba may nag papahiram dito
    Sep 14, 2019, 07:18 PM
  • juju31: hello
    Sep 14, 2019, 07:18 PM
  • FutureGizmo: Thanks julz! Medyo ganun nga trabaho namin ngayon, to monitor spam posts kasi ang daming spam bots. But thanks for reporting. Auto-ban agad ang spammers sa amin haha
    Sep 07, 2019, 12:17 PM
  • julz: @FutureGizmo si @nikkikv18 just posted more than 10 posts about porn sites. hay, spam.
    Sep 03, 2019, 01:05 PM
  • Cid_brent: sino po dyan pwede magbigay send ng paypal funds and I will pay you using gcash?
    Aug 25, 2019, 08:58 PM
  • Meghan91811: Sino po may alam about Rice Farming...
    Aug 25, 2019, 07:44 AM
  • roselove: hello po sa inyo... newbie here
    Aug 06, 2019, 03:31 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Sino palaging active dito?
    Jul 30, 2019, 04:15 PM
  • dagocjasonrey: Anong update dito?
    Jul 22, 2019, 08:49 PM
  • mark_Lee: anong bago dito
    Jun 28, 2019, 01:03 AM