PMT Forum
Do you want to make money today? :)

Sun Life Prosperity Funds

purplehazel · 454 · 117489

Ping

• VIP 3500
Bago ba uli ito?

Parang ang daming iba't ibang klaseng funds ang SunLife ano?

:cool2:

TacoWell

Nandito pa ba si nailbiter? I wanted to PM him kasi kailangan ko ng SunLife agent (I've read his mom is an agent) pero di ako makapag-PM (di lumalabas yung verification image).

tornadorider

« Last Edit: Jul 05, 2009, 09:47 AM by tornadorider »

freedomfighter

• Forum Champion 900
« Last Edit: Jul 04, 2009, 08:47 PM by freedomfighter »

shaneshane

• Probie
hi freedomfighter,
pwde mg.invest sa sunlife mutual fund at 5k?mgkano minimum?kc tumawag ako kanina sabi ng 1ng agent 10k daw..first time ko pa now mg.invest sa mf.. :help: tnx much...im from davao nga pala..  :thankyou:

shaneshane

• Probie
good morning sir freedomfighter,
cge2 il look into that, i'll do research on vul tas il weigh my options and mybe discuss them w/ an agent(wahh bka abutin ako ng next year :hihi:
 ..i went to sun's ofc nga pala kgabi and they gave me prospectus and ive read it na..
is vul invstment return at least at par with a moderate mf return?but w/ less risk?hehhe  :thankyou:

freedomfighter

• Forum Champion 900
@shaneshane  actually hindi naman nagkakalayo performance nila.  Yun nga lang yun Vul kasi may insurance charges unlike MF.  However, the advantage of VUL is that since it is a life insurance policy, it has that self-completing feature in the event of disability or death thereby assuring you that even if you paid only once and something happens, may 1M ka or yun beneficiaries mo.

That feature is not available with MF.  Kung magkano lang talaga naipon mo yun lang makukuha mo if disability, critical illness, or death strikes.  Tapos subject pa sa estate tax.

Also, your money in you VUL life insurance policy is exempted from writ of execution or garnishment proceedings unlike in the case of MF or your bank deposits.  In effect, insulated asset mo from the reach of creditors.

Best strategy pa rin however is to diversify your funds pag kaya mo na.  Saka ka na by that time open ng MF account mo.  Importante is makapagsimula ka na as in now na.  Sabi nga sa advocacy namin...It's Time!

What if sa kakadelay mo something happens?  At least if nagsimula ka na ngayon at least kahit papaano nakapag-umpisa ka na with your financial planning.   Kahit 1K lang every month icontribute mo sa VUL account mo at least nakakapag-wealth accumulation ka na.  Your 5K i is sufficient to open a VUL policy for 500k face amount under a Quarterly mode of payment as your entry point.

shaneshane

• Probie

un1z

• Forum Tambay 100
yung prosperity fund is mixture ng equities and bonds?
mas ok ba ang pure equities or mas maganda ang prosperity ng sunlife?

sploy

Hello everyone.

I'm new here at PinoyMoneyTalk. Well, first of, it's great to know there's a site like this. Just what I need this time that I want to start investing too.

I'm from Cebu. Any agent here of Sunlife from Cebu also. Please help.

Thank a lot.

drickchua99

yung prosperity fund is mixture ng equities and bonds?
mas ok ba ang pure equities or mas maganda ang prosperity ng sunlife?

un1z: Ung mutual funds ng Sun Life is called Prosperity Funds. It's just our branding.

Now, kung mas okay ba pure equities, I'd say it depends. Depends on when you need the money and for what purpose, risk tolerance, age, etc. Last bull run, people thought equities were the best until the market crash. so suddenly, ndi na cya the best. It was the worst.  :D

rhipolito

• Forum Master 300
@Freedomfighter, if I want to be insured for 2M how much should i pay monthly or quarterly for a Sunlife VUL?   :thankyou:

freedomfighter

• Forum Champion 900
Hi rhipolito!

Thank you for contacting me regarding your interest to know more about Sunlife's Vul.  If it's ok with you, please text me your current age and if you are a smoker or non-smoker.  I will not be able to log-in later tonight so I will just send you an sms instead.

It would be best however, if you're here in Manila, if we could meet personally so that I could discuss to you the details and features of Sunlife's Vul and Mf and which of these investment vehicles is more appropriate for you.  If you're up to it we could meet at our office in Makati.

I will wait for your sms.   Regards.

Tony Cura
Sun Life Financial Advisor
http://www.sunlife.com.ph/
Almond NBO
thonycoors7@yahoo.com

troybol

• Probie
question, is it possible to buy more shares of my mutual fund account thru ONLINE BANKING? that way, i dont have to visit the sunlife office everytime i have to buy additional shares. the only hitch i can think of is that i have to sign multiple order tickets so that my agent can hold them and file them accordingly everytime i made a deposit ONLINE. also with ONLINE BANKING there are no deposit slips, only confirmation email. will this suffice as a deposit transaction?
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2009, 11:18 PM by troybol »

suzaku

^ Sa case ko everytime magdeposit ako sa BDO, I just fax the signed order ticket to Sunlife. I also inform my agent of the transaction. Never pa akong pumunta sa Sunlife office kahit nung first time ako nag-placement. Yung agent ang pumunta sa office ko :P

drickchua99

question, is it possible to buy more shares of my mutual fund account thru ONLINE BANKING? that way, i dont have to visit the sunlife office everytime i have to buy additional shares. the only hitch i can think of is that i have to sign multiple order tickets so that my agent can hold them and file them accordingly everytime i made a deposit ONLINE. also with ONLINE BANKING there are no deposit slips, only confirmation email. will this suffice as a deposit transaction?

Troybol, you'll get the same number of shares whether it is through online banking or through our customer service since you'll be purchasing that based on the NAVPS of the day.

You may just asked your agent to pick your form up or fax it directly to Sun Life office together with the deposit slip.  :D

r00tcipher

• Forum Tambay 200
ung sunlife money market fund ba yearly mga magkano average na kita?

freedomfighter

• Forum Champion 900
Sun Life Prosperity Money Market Fund posted an average 5 year return of 3.11% and YTD of 1.04% ... This fund is usually used as a parking facility only to locked-in yield made from the other Prosperity Funds like equity and balance fund.  Accrual method na kasi sya, as against the others aggressive funds which are under mark to market valuation.  

betina_vanilla

• Probie
Hello! for those of you na nag babalak na mag invest sa VUL / MF ng sunlife, now is the right time to do so. unti unti na kasi tumataas ang NAVPS. nagstart ako mag invest with them nung january (thru freedomfighter). binayaran ko na yung face amount ng insurance ko for this year tapos top up na lang every pay day. nagugulat na lang ako kasi halos bawi ko na yung binayaran ko sa insurance. galing!  :cool2:

now i'm planning to enter yung Mutual Fund lang talaga... pero konting antay muna, diversify muna ng funds. hehehe.

teeyah

• Probie
I chanced upon a sort of calculator to know how much you'd need if you're planning on getting a plan/MF from Sunlife, baka type nyo itry

http://www.sunlife.com.ph/oldfxn/NewsAndPR/promo_item_ask_lucy.asp

troybol

• Probie
question, if i deposited before 12:00 noon today, what is the navps of the shares i bought? is it the navps published last thursday (considering friday was a non working holiday)? or is it the navps published for today (monday)?

suzaku

ronaldong

wala, di maganda performance ng sunlife ngayon.  better to get other funds which are performing. taas na nga ng upfront sales fee, mababa pa perfomance. check the navps on icap.com.ph.  

bauer

• VIP 4500
mas stable naman yata sunlife kesa philequity di ba? for me, hindi porke mataas ang return sa iba e dapat ng patulan. pano pag nagsara?

freedomfighter

• Forum Champion 900
« Last Edit: Aug 28, 2009, 12:57 AM by freedomfighter »

drickchua99

With Sun Life Prosperity Funds, you can expect consistency in fund management. Sun Life's stance has been prudent fund management. This was exercised by our former president Mr. Henry Herrera even when he was still the Chief Investment Officer.

As investors, you should also be in line with the investment philosophies of fund managers. Ask yourself this question: If you are given the chance to be the fund manager, how will you allocate the portfolio? If your answer is somewhat similar to how the fund is being managed now, then by all means, you should invest in that fund.

While it's true that still having a big portion allocated in Cash at this point will diminish the possible gains, this strategy proved very well last market crash.

Other funds observe aggressive investing. Only maintaining 1%-2-% na cash. When the market corrects as it always does, the decline will be faster and sharper.

« Last Edit: Sep 01, 2009, 10:39 PM by drickchua99 »

dalee

• Probie

follow-up ko lang yung question nya...di ba usually need to fax yung deposit slip e paano kung online banking? ask ko na din pede ba yung sunlife sa bpionline?  :help:

thanks.

r00tcipher

• Forum Tambay 200
pwede bang ibaba ung VUL na from 1M gawing 500k? me penalty ba un?

drickchua99

Hi rootcipher,

What is the reason para ibaba ung 1M to 500K? Premiums ba?

r00tcipher

• Forum Tambay 200
yup premiums. gusto ko ibaba. wala na ako pambayad. hehe.

drickchua99

yup premiums. gusto ko ibaba. wala na ako pambayad. hehe.

Ma-OT na ata tau kasi mutual funds ang thread na ito and we're discussing Sun Flexilink which is a VUL hehe. But in any case, I won't suggest you downgrade. The beauty of the VUL is that the premiums are flexible. If you say you have a hard time paying the premiums, pay the charges nalang muna.

That way, your 1M is intact and your policy won't lapse. Charges are usually just 20% of the original premiums. Of course, I have to recommend you contacting your agent so he can discuss your case better with you.  :D

jonskee27

i wanna ask help to everybody which kinds of funds im going to invest equity,bonds or balance?which is the best one?

drickchua99

i wanna ask help to everybody which kinds of funds im going to invest equity,bonds or balance?which is the best one?

It is best you answer the Investors Profile questionnaire first so you can determine the funds most suited for you.

rainblackrb

Hello Freedomfighter! just want to clarify some things.
sa Sunlife Smartstarter Plus ba, kunwari payable for 20 years, after 4 years, mag earn ako ng 6% of the face value every 2 years? ano yung endowment benefit, pwede ko ba makuha yun money na un? kumbaga, un yung interest na kinita nung investment ko?
ano naman yung cash value?
thanks!

rainblackrb

freedomfighter

• Forum Champion 900

mutualman

tanong ko lang, yung sa Sunlife Equity MF, yung investor ba magdedecide kung bibili siya ng shares o hindi? hindi ba automatic yun?, o yung pagbili ba ng shares e yun din yung nagdadagdag ka ng monthly investment let's say 5k every month ibig sabihin ba nun bumibili ka ng shares? ang balak ko kasi maginvest ng 50k tpos every month lalagyan ko ng 5k irregardless kung mababa o mataas ung navps,
« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2010, 04:50 AM by mutualman »

freefront

• VIP 4500

tanong ko lang, yung sa Sunlife Equity MF, yung investor ba magdedecide kung bibili siya ng shares o hindi? hindi ba automatic yun?, o yung pagbili ba ng shares e yun din yung nagdadagdag ka ng monthly investment let's say 5k every month ibig sabihin ba nun bumibili ka ng shares? ang balak ko kasi maginvest ng 50k tpos every month lalagyan ko ng 5k irregardless kung mababa o mataas ung navps,

As soon as you or your agent fax the order ticket before 12:00 noon, you ordered them to buy shares for you. Pls. talk to your agent about your style of getting your placements done.

yugi2k4

• Probie
Mga sir pababa ata trend ng equity fund natin ngayun ha......... any point of view???

freedomfighter

• Forum Champion 900
Sun Life Financial's It's Time! Tv commercial set to break tonight (Saturday), January 23rd, during the Maalaala Mo Kaya Special @8pm! Watch out for it guys, and get to know who our 2 new celebrity advocates, who now supports our mission to help as many Filipinos achieve financial freedom!

Tonight's the night! It's Time! introduces its newest advocates as it airs its Tv commercial during the Maalaala Mo Kaya Special at 8 PM.

In celebration of this, we're giving away one Rudy Project analog watch to one It's Time! fan/advocate!

1. Watch the It's Time Tv commercial tonight and take note of the advocate's last line.... See More

2. Email the line to advocate@itstime.com.ph together with your name, address and contact info.

3. The first correct and valid email will be declared winner.

4. All Sun Life Financial employees and agents are disqualified from this contest.

Cheers!

Tony Cura
Sun Life Financial Advisor
thonycoors7@yahoo.com
anthony.s.cura@sunlife.com.ph
+63922-8803858
+63917-5803858

mutualman

thank you for that information freefront, may isa pa akong tanong, tanong ko lang din kasi diba may exit fee pag niredeem mo before mag 5 years and after 5 years mawawaive na ung exit fee sa sunlife equity diba? so what if i started investing 50k this month so ngayong month ang start ng bilang ng first year ko diba, pag nagadditional investment ako kada buwan, mauusog din ba yung pagbilang ng 5 years para mawaive at dun ibabase sa last investment ko ang pagbilang ng years o dun sa initial investment ko magbabase ng 1st year?
« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2010, 12:00 PM by mutualman »

freefront

• VIP 4500

thank you for that information freefront, may isa pa akong tanong, tanong ko lang din kasi diba may exit fee pag niredeem mo before mag 5 years and after 5 years mawawaive na ung exit fee sa sunlife equity diba? so what if i started investing 50k this month so ngayong month ang start ng bilang ng first year ko diba, pag nagadditional investment ako kada buwan, mauusog din ba yung pagbilang ng 5 years para mawaive at dun ibabase sa last investment ko ang pagbilang ng years o dun sa initial investment ko magbabase ng 1st year?

Are you sure you are totally free of charges after 5 years (o nalito ako sa philequity)?
Anyway, you start counting time for every subsequent investment you do.

mutualman

Hindi pala exit fee, back end sales load pala. Anyway, nasagot naman ang aking katanungan. Salamat ulit.

tsi245

Hi! I'm newbie here. I'm planning to invest mutual funds with sunlife next mos. feb.2010.
Question? Is it right to invest in next month with MF? I don't know exactly what's best
fund to invest. I already talk to sunlife agent and he offer me Balanced fund and Equity
fund. I'm 40 last dec'09 my plan to invest in MF within 5-10 years with initial 10k and additional mos.
investment of 5k-10k. What do you think is best funds for me. Thanks.

freefront

• VIP 4500

Hi! I'm newbie here. I'm planning to invest mutual funds with sunlife next mos. feb.2010.
Question? Is it right to invest in next month with MF? I don't know exactly what's best
fund to invest. I already talk to sunlife agent and he offer me Balanced fund and Equity
fund. I'm 40 last dec'09 my plan to invest in MF within 5-10 years with initial 10k and additional mos.
investment of 5k-10k. What do you think is best funds for me. Thanks.

May I recommend that you read the Lesson 22 ( How to Make a Million in Mutual Funds) of William J. O'neil's 24 Essential Lessons For Investment Success. O'Neil is the founder of Investor's Business Daily in the USA.

No other book or explanation ever gave me the clearest picture than this one.

count3boy

freefront, may ebook ka ba nyan? share naman kung pwede to count3boy@gmail.com. thanks!

freefront

• VIP 4500

freefront, may ebook ka ba nyan? share naman kung pwede to count3boy@gmail.com. thanks!

Sorry talaga. I only know the rudimentary of computer functions. I have real books :D.

tsi245

« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2010, 12:36 AM by tsi245 »

onek13

Hi newbie here....   :hello:

im interested in investing a minimum amount in Mutual Funds and add minimum per month...

but after reading some PMT forum threads.... i still dont know what type of MF should i choose....

by the way im 22 yrs. old and planning to invest it at least 2 and half year....

:help: :help: :help:

vss332003

@tsi and @onek, i suggest you take a look first at the 2009 peso uitf report and 2009 philippine mutual funds report found on the homepage to guide you in your decision as to where to put your money. of course, as they always say, past performance is not indicative of future performance. but then, past performance should give you an idea of how the funds are managed. good luck and God bless!

venturetrees

@tsi and @onek, I suggest try to do more research before investing in Mutual Fund and UITF so you will have an idea on how this funds are played, which performs best; where, when, how to invest & redeem. Just like vss33 said hindi sya indicative of future performance. Just go to the mutual fund & uitf websites, you will find lots of information there.

teeyah

• Probie
You can try this mini quiz to find out what kind of investor are you =) http://itstime.com.ph/lucy/web/All.swf

vss332003

no problem, @onek! i also got those learnings from here and the other pmters.

tsi245

@vss332003;@venturetrees Thanks guys for your suggestion and comments :thankyou:

vss332003

bint0i

• Probie

bint0i

• Probie
Boss bauer, i am planning also to invest sa sunlife balanced fund.
and i want to pull-out when it reached 5 yrs. can u advise me what
investment vehicle should i buy? email me boss bauer. bint0i_24@yahoo.com

thanks a lot!

tsi245

@Bauer:I'm planning to invest in sunlife 10k initial inv. and 5k mos. top-up. what do u think and how much is possible
return if i invest it for 10years?
« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2010, 06:39 PM by tsi245 »

cyberjoross

im a newbie here, ask me lang po if ever na ang minimum investment ko is 10k, required po b ako na mag add ng additional investment... if ever how much? tnx...........

blushy_bushy

Is it a good time now to invest with sun life balanced fund? namimili ako sa bpi mutual fund and this? Newbie po ako,super backread po ako hehe..

Ang saya saya dito sa PMT. Graduate ako ng Financial Management nung nag aaral ako hindi ko talaga maintindihan, buti nalang talaga pumasa ako haha sa awa ng Diyos.

bauer

• VIP 4500
blushy2,

if you have bpi uitf and you are satisfied with the fund's performance, stick ka na lang dyan. kasi uitf and mutual fund has both fundamental goals.  collect small amounts of cash from a large number of investors and then use the funds to invest in different financial instruments.

if you wanted to try other investment aside from bpi UITF, you should look in corpo bonds, t-bills, stocks, property, govt bonds, etc.

DropZite

• Forum Tambay 200
http://itstime.com.ph/lucy/web/All.swf suggest

Product Name : Sun Life Prosperity Balanced Fund
Investing amount : Php 2,000 monthly
Possible Returns in 3 Year(s) : Php 88,554

Question lang on how this work.. You're going to give them Php 2,000 per month for 3 years and on the 3rd year after your last payment you'll get Php 88,554 more or less. 3 years = 36 months so on the 37th month you'll get that possible return na? And on the first one you'll just give them Php 2,000 only? Tama ba pagkakaintindi ko?

PMT Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Post only questions or comments here. Advertisements NOT ALLOWED.
  • Doni_megaworld: Hi Guys, who's online?
    Today at 03:08 PM
  • Doni_megaworld: good morning! who's online?
    Yesterday at 08:47 AM
  • Doni_megaworld: good morning guys!
    May 27, 2020, 09:47 AM
  • Doni_megaworld: work work
    May 26, 2020, 02:47 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: What's good in this afternoon?
    May 26, 2020, 02:01 PM
  • Doni_megaworld: agreed
    May 25, 2020, 03:30 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: @lyndrey depende siguro sa seller, so kung mag order kayo online much better na kilala niyo at trusted
    May 25, 2020, 02:29 PM
  • Doni_megaworld: kumusta? sino mga online?
    May 24, 2020, 03:24 PM
  • lyndrey: Do not buy PPE online. Either expensive overpriced or totally damaged or cannot be used
    May 24, 2020, 01:37 PM
  • lyndrey: Online Scammers/online shopping cheats are active with stay at home regimen.
    May 24, 2020, 01:34 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: @razee22 Parang di na po nacoconvert into money ang load po.
    May 12, 2020, 04:07 PM
  • razee22: any advised or recommendation?
    May 12, 2020, 11:16 AM
  • razee22: Paano po ba iconvert ang load into money like Paypal, Paymaya or Gcash?
    May 12, 2020, 11:15 AM
  • razee22: paano po ba iconvert ang load into money? Paypal or Gcash
    May 12, 2020, 11:14 AM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Hellooooo, okay lang ba kayo dyannnn?
    May 11, 2020, 11:40 AM
  • theimprobableone: hi
    May 05, 2020, 11:37 AM
  • freelance_treasure_hunter: hello all...
    Apr 28, 2020, 04:26 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Can someone save me?
    Mar 24, 2020, 01:39 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: I'm tired.
    Mar 24, 2020, 01:39 PM
  • Victorvargas: Hello sa lahat po new lang po dito. Hope na marami matutunan ako about business.
    Mar 21, 2020, 09:43 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Yoh, its been a while.
    Mar 17, 2020, 10:33 AM
  • demi07: Hello everyone! New in pinoymoneytalk :)
    Mar 14, 2020, 01:24 PM
  • theappswitch: Hi!
    Feb 25, 2020, 03:14 PM
  • mike2020: hi po sa inyo lahat
    Feb 23, 2020, 11:52 PM
  • Jayjayqwe: hi po
    Feb 19, 2020, 11:27 PM
  • tirs d pip: hello
    Feb 18, 2020, 02:32 PM
  • Ace1105: Hello sa lahat...  :hello:
    Feb 07, 2020, 09:46 AM
  • FREYAHYARA: Anyone knows where Ig shops like styledom.ph, thriftme, instashoppeavenu and the likes get their items for selling. Would like to venture in the same business but would like to know where and who the suppliers are
    Jan 28, 2020, 09:38 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: To bpc85 kung nakalagay ang inyong names sa beneficiary list ng iyong ama kay may makukuha po kayo.
    Nov 28, 2019, 02:18 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Hellooooo, its been a while. :)
    Nov 28, 2019, 02:16 PM
  • miakashidou31: hi , meron po ba ditong nagta transfer sa paypal?
    Nov 05, 2019, 01:46 PM
  • whennedy: good noon po
    Oct 18, 2019, 12:04 PM
  • edzlpdac: goood day po sa lahat!
    Oct 12, 2019, 03:37 PM
  • bpc85: ask lng sana ako kung may makukuha ba kami ng Mama ko at ako or mga kapatid ko sa benepisyo ng aming Ama bilang membro ng AFPSLAI. thank you po.
    Sep 27, 2019, 12:52 PM
  • bpc85: Hi guys, im new here,.
    Sep 27, 2019, 12:52 PM
  • Anaperdi: Hi just want to know if meron dito who is into boundary hulog ng motorcycle? For mga riders ng courier. Pwede ba magpashare how it works? Naisip ko lang baka pwede ko ibusiness, meron na pala mga posts online pero di pa clear ang system sa akin. thank  you sa makakapansin
    Sep 21, 2019, 11:32 AM
  • Anaperdi: Hi newbie here..
    Sep 21, 2019, 11:19 AM
  • jprios: May contact ba kayo kung sakali?
    Sep 18, 2019, 06:11 PM
  • jprios: Sino pwedeng mahiraman dito?
    Sep 18, 2019, 06:09 PM
  • kfg52: Present!
    Sep 15, 2019, 07:26 PM
  • juju31: san po ba may nag papahiram dito
    Sep 14, 2019, 07:18 PM
  • juju31: hello
    Sep 14, 2019, 07:18 PM
  • FutureGizmo: Thanks julz! Medyo ganun nga trabaho namin ngayon, to monitor spam posts kasi ang daming spam bots. But thanks for reporting. Auto-ban agad ang spammers sa amin haha
    Sep 07, 2019, 12:17 PM
  • julz: @FutureGizmo si @nikkikv18 just posted more than 10 posts about porn sites. hay, spam.
    Sep 03, 2019, 01:05 PM
  • Cid_brent: sino po dyan pwede magbigay send ng paypal funds and I will pay you using gcash?
    Aug 25, 2019, 08:58 PM
  • Meghan91811: Sino po may alam about Rice Farming...
    Aug 25, 2019, 07:44 AM
  • roselove: hello po sa inyo... newbie here
    Aug 06, 2019, 03:31 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Sino palaging active dito?
    Jul 30, 2019, 04:15 PM
  • dagocjasonrey: Anong update dito?
    Jul 22, 2019, 08:49 PM