Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: How Old Are You and How Much Is Your Net Worth  (Read 27592 times)

Offline katkatmachine

• Forum Addict
  • Thanks Received: 0
Re: How Old Are You and How Much Is Your Net Worth
« Reply #165 on: Sep 15, 2016, 05:51 PM »
Advertisement
I am in my 40s and my net-worth is over $1 million USD. I've been following the posts here, but unfortunately I don't feel that I am in any position to contribute. I do feel that achieving my net-worth wasn't remarkable at all.
Had I been in the Philippines working, then yes, I'd be very proud of it. Having worked in the US in high paying jobs saving 7 figures seems almost inevitable. You're allowed to get a low interest mortgage so you can buy a house you normally wouldn't be able to afford; there are saving vehicles like a 401k, IRA, etc--and all of these things are tax deductible and very effortless.

I'm wondering if anyone else here made their money abroad and feel like a fraud? To me, someone who saves 10 million pesos while working in the Philippines is more deserving of praise, is a more diligent saver, more investment savvy, etc than a white-collar professional who saved $1 million USD while working in California, New York, etc.

Just my thoughts

Thanks for this sir eboy! i kinda felt proud of myself after reading your post. hehehe. if you're here in pinas and not financially literate enough, i mean if you don't have investments, businesses and all and you just rely on your salary it's really difficult to earn even 1m. :( pero thankfully, i learned about savings and investments at an early age, 23 ako nun. before, in my 1st job (i was only 21 at that time), i spent all my salary in unimportant stuff like clothes, party, alak, yosi (bisyo girl pa ako nun)  :hihi: tapos i resigned then i realized after all the hard work that i did in my previous company i was only able to save 20,000 pesos (actually, backpay ko pa yun.  :hihi: ).

then, lumipat ako work, that's when i started saving na talaga, my partner who's an OFW encouraged me to invest in mutual funds, then stocks. since we're not that familiar with stocks pa we just subscribed to Bo's TRC. tapos ayun na, i self-studied, got myself a mentor in trading and finally unsubscribed to TRC.  :applause: nag-unsubscribe kami kasi i realized that for me to grow as a trader i need to do this on my own, without anyone's guidance. i just trusted my instintcs and applied what i learned from my mentor.

now after 3 years, (26 na ako  :D ) my net worth is around 2M (pero in pesos pa lang! :hihi: ). please note that my monthly salary is only 36K pesos per month GROSS. wahahahahahaha. thanks to DD, SMPH, MEG and a lot of basura stocks that i traded i was able to grow my money. :)

my next target is to reach my first 5M (pesos  :hihi: ) before i turn 30.

wish me luck mga sir!

happy investing!  :thankyou:

Offline MSolve1

• Probie
« Reply #166 on: Sep 17, 2016, 09:22 PM »
I am in my 40s and my net-worth is over $1 million USD. I've been following the posts here, but unfortunately I don't feel that I am in any position to contribute. I do feel that achieving my net-worth wasn't remarkable at all.
Had I been in the Philippines working, then yes, I'd be very proud of it. Having worked in the US in high paying jobs saving 7 figures seems almost inevitable. You're allowed to get a low interest mortgage so you can buy a house you normally wouldn't be able to afford; there are saving vehicles like a 401k, IRA, etc--and all of these things are tax deductible and very effortless.

I'm wondering if anyone else here made their money abroad and feel like a fraud? To me, someone who saves 10 million pesos while working in the Philippines is more deserving of praise, is a more diligent saver, more investment savvy, etc than a white-collar professional who saved $1 million USD while working in California, New York, etc.

Just my thoughts

You should be proud of your accomplishments, especially when you're living in an expensive city. Only 1 out of 11 households achieve millionaire status. I do agree with you that someone who saved-up 10 million pesos in the Philippines is more deserving of praise. This is exactly why I admire my late mother very much; her estate was worth 20 million pesos (of which 25% was liquid) when she died. She was so frugal, I've seen her use a hammer to get the last drop from her toothpaste. I grew up thinking that we were lower middle class.

Offline jenofstructures

• PMT Jedi
  • Thanks Received: 6
« Reply #167 on: Sep 23, 2016, 10:41 AM »
I'm outta work, and checking my net worth, I'm in luck to increase ours by 70% from last year..... yehey!

Sana di mabawasan ng husto bago ako makahanap ng panibago  :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but fear a man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times

Offline dragonknight

« Reply #168 on: Sep 23, 2016, 11:06 AM »
hi ms jen wow 70% galing nyo naman humawak nang pera nang asawa po ninyo siguro nagtutulungan po kayo sa pagmamanage nang money.

Offline Thomas

• PMT Jedi
« Reply #169 on: Sep 23, 2016, 02:43 PM »
I'm outta work, and checking my net worth, I'm in luck to increase ours by 70% from last year..... yehey!

Sana di mabawasan ng husto bago ako makahanap ng panibago  :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
That's very good!

Then you don't need a work - other than handle you investments    :)
(The richest of my friends - beside a litle teaching many years ago - haven't done anything else since he examed from College as a top student. He started with a rather small own capital plus borrowed to get biger effects of his investments.)

Offline jenofstructures

• PMT Jedi
« Reply #170 on: Sep 26, 2016, 07:36 AM »
hi ms jen wow 70% galing nyo naman humawak nang pera nang asawa po ninyo siguro nagtutulungan po kayo sa pagmamanage nang money.

Salamat! buti na nga lang nakaipon pa sa dami ng gastos

Actually, ako ang manager ng pera. Sya bigay lang sa akin. Buti na lang may tiwala sa akin asawa ko at walang bisyo.
fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but fear a man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times

Offline TulogSaPancitan

• PMT Jedi
  • Thanks Received: 15
« Reply #171 on: Sep 26, 2016, 11:31 AM »

wow.  :applause:
never underestimate the power of stupidity

Offline LifeJiggy

• Associate Member
« Reply #172 on: May 18, 2017, 09:33 PM »
Just found my old post here last 2015 when I was still 24 and had 450k net worth. I am happy to say that I've finally reached the 1M mark at age 26! :D I wanted to achieve this at 25 y.o., but still, not bad. Unti-unti nang nagbunga ang pagiging kuripot ko at pag-si-save and invest. Whew. Thank you, Lord! Thank you, Universe!

Source of Income: Programmer / Stocks Trader
Monthly Savings: approx. 34k
Net Worth: 1M (finally! Sorry if I sound like I'm bragging, but I'm just happy to crash this off my goals list. Off to my next goal na :))
Assets: stocks
Liabilities: credit card debt (but I pay in full every month, so does this count?) and real estate lot that I bought for personal use
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 09:36 PM by LifeJiggy »

Online SiPoorMan

« Reply #173 on: May 19, 2017, 12:10 AM »
congrats Sir Jiggy!

Just found my old post here last 2015 when I was still 24 and had 450k net worth. I am happy to say that I've finally reached the 1M mark at age 26! :D I wanted to achieve this at 25 y.o., but still, not bad. Unti-unti nang nagbunga ang pagiging kuripot ko at pag-si-save and invest. Whew. Thank you, Lord! Thank you, Universe!

Source of Income: Programmer / Stocks Trader
Monthly Savings: approx. 34k
Net Worth: 1M (finally! Sorry if I sound like I'm bragging, but I'm just happy to crash this off my goals list. Off to my next goal na :))
Assets: stocks
Liabilities: credit card debt (but I pay in full every month, so does this count?) and real estate lot that I bought for personal use
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one

PMT Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • mark_Lee: hi im back
    Yesterday at 01:51 AM
  • aleishamae: hello everyone! newbie here.
    May 17, 2017, 05:25 PM
  • abdulmuiz141911: can someone help me register sa PSE?
    May 16, 2017, 01:36 PM
  • abdulmuiz141911: greetings of peace mga igan...
    May 16, 2017, 01:35 PM
  • supermom88: Hi there. I'm new in this forum. Good day to all of you.
    May 16, 2017, 07:04 AM
  • Tonisj: May nakakaalam ba dito supplier ng mga gadgets? Balak ko Kasi mag online selling. Thanks
    May 10, 2017, 11:24 AM
  • junedarellhausa: bago lang ako.. how to funds my paypal?
    May 09, 2017, 04:29 PM
  • docg: The position has been filled
    May 08, 2017, 12:52 PM
  • docg: Hello all, am looking for guest speakers for a personal finance event, organized by a student organization, please pm me for more info.
    May 07, 2017, 08:16 PM
  • icycool: So ano po online business nyo ngayon?
    May 05, 2017, 08:19 PM
  • LailanaeSu: New bee pano mag advertise dito?
    May 01, 2017, 03:48 PM
  • iamhilton: hello to all : ) If any question regarding online business i'll do my best para masagot yan : )
    Apr 30, 2017, 03:23 PM
  • allydelacruz: Hi newbie here, baka po may gusto magpasupply sa inyo ng bigas at seafoods dyan, from Obnado, Bulacan po ako.
    Apr 23, 2017, 03:07 PM
  • marison: Hello ..newbie here baka may alam kayo buyer ng lobster madami po kami stock
    Apr 20, 2017, 11:07 PM
  • chloe: hello po ask ko lng if ano proseso n dapat gwin pag transfer ng name sa pag ibig if si 1st owner ay ayaw n i continue ang monthly amprtization nya at si 2nd owner n ang mag cocontiniue need p po b ipa change name agad.?
    Apr 20, 2017, 04:20 AM
  • SiPoorMan: i suggest go to proper forum with regards on your concern Mperalejo
    Apr 19, 2017, 07:21 PM
  • MPeralejo: Is there regulatory body i can contact to complain about SMDC turn over after the company received my full payment
    Apr 18, 2017, 03:09 AM
  • MPeralejo: Very bad management service. I purchase unit in the 18th floor with expected turn over on 4/2016 which was delayed until 2017. I was told that the balance has to be paid off before turn over in January 2017 and paid the balance in full 3/9/17 with request to expedite. The same with my mother in-law's unit at 15th floor which was paid 2 weeks before mine. Until now, they will not turn over the unit and can only provide excuses that the engineering dept. is working on it. My aunt who is our representative/interior designer only has till May 14th to stay in the Philippines to get the units ready for my vacation in Jun 1st but they are now telling me that the turn over will be May 22, 2017 plus 1 week. They have receive our money since 3/9 and my mother in-laws in February, yet they want more than 3 months to turn over. By then, i am out of representative/interior designer that I would have to hire another and not only that, my family and I will not have a place to stay on our vacation therefore, i would need to rent elsewhere. SMDC is not willing to cover my losses nor do they know the meaning of "EXPEDITE". This company is a scam! They want your money and not willing to deliver on time. Is the government not regulating this kind of SCAM! I would rather receive a full refund than deal with this company. Don't buy from SMDC. It will be a nightmare for you!
    Apr 18, 2017, 03:08 AM
  • MPeralejo: Is there a complaint dept for SMDC?
    Apr 18, 2017, 03:07 AM
  • jfitz: Hi everyone! Newbie lang ako pero looking forward to learn personal finance :)
    Apr 17, 2017, 07:14 PM
  • mmel: :hello:
    Apr 13, 2017, 05:15 PM
  • edjr.foro: hi everyone! magshare din ako experience sa small business.
    Apr 10, 2017, 05:16 PM
  • mmel: :hello: :hello: :hello:
    Apr 05, 2017, 05:46 PM
  • anicaxia: Newbie here ‚úč
    Apr 02, 2017, 09:26 AM
  • jerinaciline: Hahalo
    Mar 30, 2017, 04:37 PM
  • geysanchezp: hi po. sino po kaya may alam ng patahian ng maramihang blouse yung mura lang po ang singil. salamat
    Mar 30, 2017, 10:32 AM
  • freakyserious: hi anyone who knows a supplier of c2s paper in rolls (hindi by ream). thanks!
    Mar 28, 2017, 05:45 AM
  • linmark16: hello po tanong ko lng kung anong magadang pagkakitaan online..
    Mar 25, 2017, 12:07 AM
  • Speedrace2380: Hi,,,isa po ako ofw dito sa saudi arabia,,,sino po may alam sa import export,,,
    Mar 22, 2017, 01:17 AM
  • xpp9392: hi im looking to borrow money please message me
    Mar 18, 2017, 07:32 PM
  • miembrolang: good day po... pahingi po ng link kung saan makikita step by step ng Pag-Ibig housing Loan lalo na ung tungkol sa Notice of Approval. tnx
    Mar 17, 2017, 04:44 PM
  • aiaicamps: hello po..im new user here.,,looking for an ukay ukay supplier,..thanks po..
    Mar 16, 2017, 01:05 PM
  • Markreen: HOw mgstart dto
    Mar 16, 2017, 11:44 AM
  • trepur10: wala rin akong alam :)
    Mar 16, 2017, 06:51 AM
  • Delna: hi im new
    Mar 12, 2017, 07:26 PM
  • Moniika: Paano  ba to  ? Haha
    Mar 12, 2017, 02:05 PM
  • Moniika: Hi guys
    Mar 12, 2017, 02:01 PM
  • Nhedz: Hi po. Newbie here
    Mar 12, 2017, 07:07 AM
  • dylanreggie: hi newbie here
    Mar 11, 2017, 05:58 PM
  • dhondiex27: Morning
    Mar 10, 2017, 08:55 AM
  • dodido1: good morning
    Mar 09, 2017, 06:21 AM
  • johnren110190: hi any tnt ofw in japan? nandito ako ngaun sa japan pero gusto ko mag tnt ang liit kc ng sahod ko legal ako pumasok pero mliit sahod pero ang trabho halos patayan kc construction.baka may pede jn makausap na tnt dto sa japan. salamat
    Mar 06, 2017, 10:25 AM
  • vicentecarandang: Hello everyone,, newbie for some business involvement...Hope to meet lots of investors..
    Mar 05, 2017, 06:10 PM
  • JustChris: hello everyone.. newbie here.  hope to get tips po for investing salamat
    Mar 05, 2017, 05:01 PM
  • Aldrine22: may alam kayo foreclosed house around laguna?super thanks sa sasagot
    Mar 03, 2017, 11:51 AM
  • magpayo.mattew: San po pala pwede iligay ang paypal ko dito? Di ko po makita
    Mar 01, 2017, 08:33 PM
  • magpayo.mattew: Hi newbie lang po
    Mar 01, 2017, 08:30 PM
  • Sacegirl: hello po! bago lang po ako. sana matulungan nyo ako. thanks!
    Mar 01, 2017, 01:40 PM
  • cess245: hello
    Mar 01, 2017, 01:26 PM
  • eme_eme: hello
    Feb 28, 2017, 08:34 PM