PMT Forum
How do you want to make money today?

Before deciding on which MLM or why MLM...

pinoydaddy1969 · 21 · 8906

pinoydaddy1969

on: Oct 23, 2014, 10:05 AM
Good day to everyone.

I wanted this to be my first post in this forum and hopefully, be able to offer insights to other members so that each may be guided accordingly.

ABOUT ME:

I am a businessman, whose main business is importation and distribution of our own branded tools. Our customers are hardware stores, paint centers, and wholesalers, nationwide.

MLM

Opportunities abound, and when you open your eyes, they are around you. MLM is presented as a business opportunity and the truth is, MLM is not for everyone. It has been said that the MLM industry drop out rate is around 70%. Ibig sabihin, around 70% ng sumali ay titigil din.

What we do not know, is the percentage of people who go into small businesses such as food stalls, failed. It is a fair assumption that like bigger traditional businesses, marami na ring nagsimula, pero nagsara.

For both business models, traditional and MLM, meron ding nagagiging successful.

A network marketer will always show people who have been successful in their chosen company. There is nothing wrong with that. We want to see successful people and emulate them.

Here is where the problem begins. How did the network marketer get a prospect to sit down? Some were done within the bounds of decency, while in some extreme cases, attracted people by lying (for example, advertising for job posting asking the applicant to bring resume).

A professional network marketer will present facts during a presentation and answer all questions, and be honest about the business of MLM. This is the truth. Network marketing is HARD. Not everyone is cut out to be a network marketer. It is not because of lack of skills, or exposure to people. No. To be successful in network marketing, one must truly be willing to do whatever it takes. Kailangan ng sipag at tyaga. Kailangan, ang member mismo, lalo kung bago, would constantly seek further training, those offered by the company/team, and on one's own free time like reviewing resource materials using the internet.

The problem is, some network marketers would tell prospects, "YAYAMAN KA DITO." This is totally different from, "Itong business ang may potential na magpapayaman sa iyo, kung bibigyan mo ito ng oras at paghihirapan mo."

As a businessman, I can honestly tell you, MLM business model offers more benefits vs. risk than virtually all traditional businesses. Low risk, high reward. Small investment, potential exponential income.

Now, how do you know if network marketing is for you? You have to have the motivation to succeed. People around you can only inspire you, but it is you yourself who will have to put in the work.

CONTINUING...

Like I said, you yourself will have to put in the work. Your team... here is the other thing to consider. Who are these people? Many people I have known who went into network marketing and failed, among the biggest reason given was, napabayaan ng upline. Keep in mind, a certain percentage of these people were actually being coached but they simply quit and blamed uplines as a convenient excuse. I do agree, marami talagang napabayaan. My sister was in an MLM and when she joined, she would often call her upline, who gets upset with her when she asked questions, that in a few weeks, my sister stopped calling the upline and tried to find learning materials on her own using the internet. She failed in that MLM company. Some would counter, e noon, nagsimula ang mga nauna sa business, wala din namang nagtuturo. Sila din ang nagsikap and learned on their own. Consider too, the negativity surrounding MLM industry then was less too.

CHOOSING A COMPANY

Simple. A company has to be reputable. How do you know? Due diligence. Research on your own. Find out everything you can about a company you plan to join. Easy? VERY HARD. Why? Articles, forums, blogs abound, offering contradicting views on companies and products. It will be up to you to determine which one sounds legitimate, while others are baseless.

SUSTAINABILITY

The key to a successful MLM company are its products. They better be extremely good, offering unique selling points that cannot be found in products offered in stores. Products that touches the human body, health and wellness, personal care, better be safe to use and effective.

Decide if the MLM company manufactures their own products, or have their products contract manufactured. There is a difference. Know by which standards the products were manufactured to.

All network marketers will present their cases why they have the best of the best. You would not know until you do your due diligence. Compare, nothing wrong with that. Listen, and you decide later as you continue with your own due diligence.

DISCLOSURE

I am also an associate of USANA. From a product user to business builder, and has better than average knowledge of the food supplement industry.

FINAL WORDS

MLM is not for everyone. In the end, only you yourself can decide. The promises of financial freedom is there, but you will have to work your ass off. It is not skill or talent. It is the willingness to learn that will get you started.

Ask yourself. If you have all the money in the world, which product from the MLM companies you are considering, will you buy, with consideration on safety and reliability of products? Most likely, this is the company you want to join.

richpulubi

• PMT Jedi 2500
Reply #1 on: Oct 23, 2014, 01:47 PM
Why would someone who has a good business of brand tools get into MLM????

Di ba dapat baliktad?

Did you inherit the tools business?
« Last Edit: Oct 23, 2014, 02:18 PM by richpulubi »

TulogSaPancitan

• PMT Idol 1000
Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2014, 05:10 AM
Quote: As a businessman, I can honestly tell you, MLM business model offers more benefits vs. risk than virtually all traditional businesses. Low risk, high reward. Small investment, potential exponential income.

I beg to disagree with your statement. MLM business model is risky and with failure and drop rates are pretty high. This is not mentioned in recruitment process because it will scare recruits. Traditional business is also high risk but at least one knows what he is getting into. There is no such thing as low risk high reward. I'm a Risk Engineer and I declare such statement misleading or plain bs. Low risk means low rewards period. Otherwise the whole world is doing it wrong all this time. Loto is the highest risk of all but with he highest reward. Problem with most mlm is that not only you will suffer business risk but you risk also being lied to and in the end the individual will feel betrayed. Hindi lahat pero kaaramihan.  :rakenrol:

richpulubi

• PMT Jedi 2500
Reply #3 on: Oct 24, 2014, 11:19 AM
Quote: As a businessman, I can honestly tell you, MLM business model offers more benefits vs. risk than virtually all traditional businesses. Low risk, high reward. Small investment, potential exponential income.

I beg to disagree with your statement. MLM business model is risky and with failure and drop rates are pretty high. This is not mentioned in recruitment process because it will scare recruits. Traditional business is also high risk but at least one knows what he is getting into. There is no such thing as low risk high reward. I'm a Risk Engineer and I declare such statement misleading or plain bs. Low risk means low rewards period. Otherwise the whole world is doing it wrong all this time. Loto is the highest risk of all but with he highest reward. Problem with most mlm is that not only you will suffer business risk but you risk also being lied to and in the end the individual will feel betrayed. Hindi lahat pero kaaramihan.  :rakenrol:

MLM' recruitment actually does well when there is a recession or financial crisis in a country.  People lose their jobs, or are afraid of being laid off...or are not making enough money...kaya, magsasideline sila ng mlm.

This happened in Japan, and again in the US during the Great Recession.

Kaya, nagtataka ako na the TS would promote mlm, when he has such an established business?!?

bauer

• VIP 4500
Reply #4 on: Oct 24, 2014, 03:48 PM
MLM' recruitment actually does well when there is a recession or financial crisis in a country.  People lose their jobs, or are afraid of being laid off...or are not making enough money...kaya, magsasideline sila ng mlm.

^ Quite true.  When times are hard and people offer 'get rich quick' schemes, many grab the opportunity, only to be disappointed.  This is all about HOPE.  people cling to HOPE when face with difficulties.

bauer

• VIP 4500
Reply #5 on: Oct 24, 2014, 03:51 PM
Kaya, nagtataka ako na the TS would promote mlm, when he has such an established business?!?

^ Maybe the "branded" tools business is not doing good or marketing is insufficient.

These days it is easy to create brands.......... just go to china, order some things, then put your own brand and stick it to the product.  sell it in another place. 

MLMforPinoys

Reply #6 on: Nov 15, 2014, 01:59 PM
MLM is also known as the "poor man's franchise" since it allows aspiring entrepreneurs use a company's brand to promote and earn without that hefty franchise fee.

To the person who disagreed that MLM is very risky... consider these points.

>> MLM is actually the risk-free way of starting up a business. You don't have overhead costs, almost all of your inventory has a 1-year guarantee (so you can return your products if you don't do the business). You also get mentoring and coaching. Now, this doesn't mean it's easy, it just means there's a very low barrier to entry. So kung tatamad tamad ka parin, you'll fail in MLM.

>> Your success in MLM has nothing to do with statistics. Statistics are only useful when no performance is involved. For example, coin toss, lotto, gambling.. etc.

Pero when it comes to performance-based results, statistics have nothing to do with it. Rather than asking "what is my chance of success?" - the better question is: "what do I have to do, in order to be successful".

Imagine tanungin ka ng anak mo, tay' ano yung chance na magkakahonors ako sa class?

Isasagot mo ba yung probability na mag kakahonor siya?

OR

Sasabihin mo ba na, anak basta mag aral ka ng mabuti at maging disiplinado magiging honors ka...

Statistics have nothing to do with success :)

richpulubi

• PMT Jedi 2500
Reply #7 on: Nov 16, 2014, 11:09 AM
MLM is also known as the "poor man's franchise" since it allows aspiring entrepreneurs use a company's brand to promote and earn without that hefty franchise fee.

To the person who disagreed that MLM is very risky... consider these points.

>> MLM is actually the risk-free way of starting up a business. You don't have overhead costs, almost all of your inventory has a 1-year guarantee (so you can return your products if you don't do the business). You also get mentoring and coaching. Now, this doesn't mean it's easy, it just means there's a very low barrier to entry. So kung tatamad tamad ka parin, you'll fail in MLM.

>> Your success in MLM has nothing to do with statistics. Statistics are only useful when no performance is involved. For example, coin toss, lotto, gambling.. etc.

Pero when it comes to performance-based results, statistics have nothing to do with it. Rather than asking "what is my chance of success?" - the better question is: "what do I have to do, in order to be successful".

Imagine tanungin ka ng anak mo, tay' ano yung chance na magkakahonors ako sa class?

Isasagot mo ba yung probability na mag kakahonor siya?

OR

Sasabihin mo ba na, anak basta mag aral ka ng mabuti at maging disiplinado magiging honors ka...

Statistics have nothing to do with success :)

I beg to disagree about your take on statistics.  Statistics are based on facts.  And you need benchmarks for your business decisions...or any decision or that matter.

Do you choose to ignore statistics cuz it says mlm has a 97% failure rate?

If a business(mlm) is easy to get into, meaning it's so easy to get recruited, that actually makes the business harder to suceed, cuz there will be just so many of you, and there will be just too many noise.

Would you tell your kids, mga anak, mag-aral kayong mabuti at pagkagraduate niyo, mag mlm networker kayo.

« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2014, 12:31 PM by richpulubi »

MLMforPinoys

Reply #8 on: Nov 16, 2014, 01:49 PM
Yes, statistics are based on facts but there is a huge difference between correlation and causation. Again example:

Did you know that people with last names starting eith the letter A live 5% longer than the average?

Does this mean dapat A na yung last name na pipiliin natin para humaba ang buhay? Ang illogical nito diba? Ito ang example ng correlation, but walang causation. This is a common misconception when people use statistics to explain success.

Success in general is the same. Do what the successful are doing, and you will also be successful.

Pero up to you kung tingin mo madadaan ang chamba ang success hehe. If swerte ka talaga na tao, good for you. But for the rest of us, it requires smart and hard work :)

richpulubi

• PMT Jedi 2500
Reply #9 on: Nov 17, 2014, 07:06 AM
Yes, statistics are based on facts but there is a huge difference between correlation and causation. Again example:

Did you know that people with last names starting eith the letter A live 5% longer than the average?

Does this mean dapat A na yung last name na pipiliin natin para humaba ang buhay? Ang illogical nito diba? Ito ang example ng correlation, but walang causation. This is a common misconception when people use statistics to explain success.

Success in general is the same. Do what the successful are doing, and you will also be successful.

Pero up to you kung tingin mo madadaan ang chamba ang success hehe. If swerte ka talaga na tao, good for you. But for the rest of us, it requires smart and hard work :)

Hey, if you want to make yourself feel better by using a flawed logic,  that's up to you. 

Again, there's a straight correlation and causation for mlm to have 97% failure rate...cuz it's easy to get in, but it's near impossible to succeed.  Now, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if one is thinking of joining an mlm, chances are soooooo high that he will fail.  About 97% chance. 

Wouldn't you want your kids to be engineers, doctors, lawyers, or even accountants rather than an mlm networker? 

So, you would recommend to do what successful people do in order to be a success. 

And so, if 97% of mlm networkers are failures, then don't be one, right? 

Success shouldn't be too focused on making money, but making a difference in society. 

« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2014, 08:12 AM by richpulubi »

MLMforPinoys

Reply #10 on: Nov 17, 2014, 01:45 PM
Hey, if you want to make yourself feel better by using a flawed logic,  that's up to you. 

Again, there's a straight correlation and causation for mlm to have 97% failure rate...cuz it's easy to get in, but it's near impossible to succeed.  Now, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if one is thinking of joining an mlm, chances are soooooo high that he will fail.  About 97% chance. 

Wouldn't you want your kids to be engineers, doctors, lawyers, or even accountants rather than an mlm networker? 

So, you would recommend to do what successful people do in order to be a success. 

And so, if 97% of mlm networkers are failures, then don't be one, right? 

Success shouldn't be too focused on making money, but making a difference in society.

I think our main difference why we can never agree is in our belief on what it takes to succeed.
You believe luck and chance have a lot to do with it.
While I believe it's through discipline and hardwork (luck is just a bonus that comes along the way).

As for my children, I'll encourage them in whatever field that interests them the most.
I will never push a career track on them just because 'yun ang uso' or 'yun ang may high probability of success'.
(Sobrang daming nurses ang nasa call-center ngayon because they chose what had a 'good chance of employment)

So for my kids, I'll encourage them to pick a field, and be the best in that selected field.
If they choose engineering, then sige - be the best engineer that you can be.
If they want to be artists, dancers, photographers, then be the best artists you can be!
If they want to be network marketers, then they must be the best network marketer you can be!
Whatever it is that they choose, I'll support them all the way.

I'll never discourage them just because the success rates are less than 5%.
I'll teach them hard work, discipline and focus so that they can be the best and succeed even if the odds are against them :)

Then regarding success, I absolutely agree it's not about making money, but making a difference in the world.
Actually hindi lang making a difference in the world, kasi may 3 standards ako for success
1. Did you learn and grow as a person?
2. Did you love and inspire others?
3. Did you you have fun while doing it?

Acutally hindi naman tayo magkaiba sa definition on success, magkaiba lang tayo ng methods on how to be successful. :)

richpulubi

• PMT Jedi 2500
Reply #11 on: Nov 18, 2014, 08:14 AM
I think our main difference why we can never agree is in our belief on what it takes to succeed.
You believe luck and chance have a lot to do with it.
While I believe it's through discipline and hardwork (luck is just a bonus that comes along the way).

Really?  Why do you say that I rely on luck and chance and not through discipline and hardwork?

And again, you did not answer my question, would YOU rather have your kids as mlm networkers rather than as doctors, engineers or accountants?

MLMforPinoys

Reply #12 on: Nov 18, 2014, 12:49 PM
Really?  Why do you say that I rely on luck and chance and not through discipline and hardwork?

And again, you did not answer my question, would YOU rather have your kids as mlm networkers rather than as doctors, engineers or accountants?

1. Re: Luck - Hmmm let me elaborate: When you think of ANYprofession/project/career/activity where 97% of the people fail.
Will you still give that endeavor a shot? Or will you already avoid it?

Now, my answer here is: IF the rewards are WORTH it, then I'll still pursue it and will find out what the 3% are doing in order to succeed. The success rate isn't relevant to my decision making.

How about you? What's your answer here?

2. Re: Kids - It doesn't matter to me if they become network marketers, or doctors. That's not up to me, that's up to them. All I care about is that they are happy in their fields and they become the best at it. So if my kid would want to become a network marketer, I'll even guide him personally. If he wants to become a doctor, I'll send him to the best schools possible. Does this answer your question?

Jayumaster

• Forum Champion 700
Reply #13 on: Nov 18, 2014, 12:57 PM
Kahit ano pa ang paliwanagan ninyo, NO parin ako.

richpulubi

• PMT Jedi 2500
Reply #14 on: Nov 18, 2014, 02:05 PM
1. Re: Luck - Hmmm let me elaborate: When you think of ANYprofession/project/career/activity where 97% of the people fail.
Will you still give that endeavor a shot? Or will you already avoid it?

Now, my answer here is: IF the rewards are WORTH it, then I'll still pursue it and will find out what the 3% are doing in order to succeed. The success rate isn't relevant to my decision making.

How about you? What's your answer here?

If you're going to enter something wherein there is only a 3% chance of success, then you're just aching to fail.

FYI, I'm an entrepreneur and yes you're right, I wouldn't enter a business where success is 3%.

I'd enter a business where success is closer to 100%

I don't enter a business where it is so easy to join, where the market is crowded.  Or anything that is a pyramid.

I enter businesses where entry is difficult.  Where there are very few players.  Therefore, there is very little competition.  Little competition means higher chances of success. 

Di ba, as they say in business, never get into a fair fight.  ALWAYS have an advantage.  Always tip your scales so you will succeed.

And where I (modesty aside) excel, is finding these businesses.

And yes, I use statistics for my decision making.

Also, I'm pretty good at reading people.

And you just can't admit it, but you don't want your kids to become mlm networkers
« Last Edit: Nov 18, 2014, 02:24 PM by richpulubi »

PMT Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Post only questions or comments here. Advertisements NOT ALLOWED.
  • oragon: :applause:
    May 20, 2019, 03:53 PM
  • FutureGizmo: Thank you for reporting those spam posts, oragon! Spam posts now deleted.
    May 20, 2019, 01:59 PM
  • oragon: Admin kindly monitor some peps! posting and sharing inappropriate nude photos and website links
    May 20, 2019, 01:52 PM
  • @culinary10: Hello I am new here! Regarding sa bdo life insurance for 8 years, pwede pa kaya ma refund yung binayad ko na 50k last year? Gusto ko sana icancel kasi lack of financial na, last may 15 2018 po un nag start ako ng life insurance, pinili ko annually kaso etong may 15 2019 wala nako ma ipay so gusto ko sana icash out, may alam ba kayo kung pano marerefund?
    May 17, 2019, 07:56 PM
  • FutureGizmo: Hi Sonny, the posting issue is now resolved. Thanks for informing us! We're currently testing a new, mobile-ready theme so let us us know kung may problema pa sa Forum. :)
    Apr 04, 2019, 10:40 AM
  • sonny.wapak: Nakaka receive din ba kayo nito pag gawa ng new post? "Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator."
    Apr 03, 2019, 10:56 PM
  • leonine_zafiro: what product nun?
    Apr 01, 2019, 10:25 PM
  • dhondiex27: hi
    Mar 30, 2019, 10:55 PM
  • lusart: jayrob i agree 200%. hulog ng langit organico. legit na legit
    Mar 29, 2019, 09:08 AM
  • palemelch: Hi
    Mar 28, 2019, 04:08 PM
  • O.C.W._AK: Magandang Araw sa Lahat! Blessings! (",)
    Mar 28, 2019, 08:42 AM
  • thor15: hello everyone, newbie here
    Mar 25, 2019, 01:47 AM
  • captjaylo: present newbie here
    Mar 22, 2019, 10:06 AM
  • balboagilbert26: hello Guys .. Newbie here
    Mar 21, 2019, 10:55 PM
  • businesswoman2019: @jefsanity nag inquire na po ako pero di sila nagdidisclose. Yung branch po kasi na target ko, currently building pa.
    Mar 21, 2019, 04:27 PM
  • jefsanity: @businesswoman2019, much better inquire ka na lang sa admin nila.
    Mar 21, 2019, 01:51 PM
  • businesswoman2019: Hello! Any idea how much ang stall sa waltermart. 2m x 2m
    Mar 21, 2019, 08:28 AM
  • John Neil: Looking for an accredited iron foundry
    Mar 17, 2019, 03:19 PM
  • jayrob: Mark_Lee ung organico legit po yan..  Member din AQ..
    Mar 17, 2019, 12:57 AM
  • perlymelad: Hello po! Need advice, why my new MLM leaders failing?
    Mar 14, 2019, 08:51 PM
  • perlymelad: Present
    Mar 12, 2019, 07:53 PM
  • kennethmauricio: Hi saan po dito pwede mag post ng for sale properties?
    Mar 11, 2019, 07:58 PM
  • jefsanity: @mark_lee isipin mo anu passion mo at skills mo...
    Mar 11, 2019, 06:52 PM
  • sniperaj09: BAGO LANG
    Mar 10, 2019, 11:16 AM
  • mark_Lee: magandang investnent ngayon sa 30k suggest naman keo mga boss
    Mar 10, 2019, 03:07 AM
  • perlymelad: E-BOOK PO SIR @JEFSANITY
    Mar 09, 2019, 05:40 PM
  • perlymelad: @jefsanity Good Morning Po
    Mar 09, 2019, 05:39 PM
  • perlymelad: Good Day everyone
    Mar 04, 2019, 06:24 PM
  • jefsanity: anu ang small business na yan?
    Feb 28, 2019, 07:40 PM
  • perlymelad: Good Day Everyone
    Feb 28, 2019, 03:31 PM
  • perlymelad: Hello everyone, CAN ANYONE HELP ME SUGGEST ANY SIDE TOPIC  / PROBLEM OF  STARTING SMALL BUSINESS?
    Feb 28, 2019, 06:58 AM
  • perlymelad: Present, 1st time po
    Feb 25, 2019, 06:17 PM
  • jd2281: newbie po
    Feb 25, 2019, 12:26 PM
  • ejllantino: present... 1st time
    Feb 24, 2019, 07:14 PM
  • rheiel: present. first time
    Feb 24, 2019, 11:04 AM
  • MELVIE: thanks po
    Feb 24, 2019, 12:50 AM
  • steph123: hello po, ask lang po, ilang months po ba ang hihintayin after mo ma process ang mga documents para maitama ang mali sa NSO?
    Feb 11, 2019, 03:13 PM
  • Deborah: newbie here.thanks
    Feb 08, 2019, 02:17 PM
  • marj0503: hello im newbie here
    Jan 31, 2019, 10:53 AM
  • yan24: any one here planning to start a tesda skill training center
    Jan 26, 2019, 12:07 PM
  • manzjon: Forex trading forum
    Jan 25, 2019, 02:16 PM
  • Lizette Ramos: Pwede po bang patulong... Maganda po ba ang gasul retailing business?
    Jan 24, 2019, 09:14 PM
  • Imnobody: Hi sino naghahanap ng casino financer dito?
    Jan 16, 2019, 09:59 PM
  • Odlanyer22: Good day!
    Jan 16, 2019, 09:55 PM
  • maryen: at kung sakaling may somobra sa food na nailuto.. dapat po bang bayaran ng client un .. or ipapa take mo na sakanila?...
    Jan 16, 2019, 03:52 PM
  • maryen: HI! GOOD DAY! newbiz lang po... question lang po regarding sa catering.. if may 50pax po ako dapat lang po ba na sakto ang serving ng food?
    Jan 16, 2019, 03:50 PM
  • mark_Lee: cno na nag organico dito scam po ba yun or legit
    Jan 09, 2019, 03:04 AM
  • kuray08: Have a Prosperous New Year to all..
    Jan 06, 2019, 09:27 PM
  • ethan: Sino po may auto supply business dito? How profitable po ba ito in terms of monthly income? Lalo na kung meron na one or two na competition.
    Jan 04, 2019, 11:34 AM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    Jan 02, 2019, 04:37 PM