PMT Forum
Do you want to make money today? :)

Are you an investor? Share your AGE and DAY JOB

wilch23 · 192 · 45030

wilch23

• VIP 6500
Since age and profession may play a role in how we do stock investing, may I offer this thread for additional insight on how these affect our stock trading pattern.
« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2014, 04:29 AM by FutureGizmo »

wilch23

• VIP 6500
I'm 50, married with 1 kid in college and 1 kid in HS.

Day job is in medical equipment/supplies and also in medical clinics (not a doctor, investor lang).

Current goal is to retire from daily work soon, so my stock portfolio is built for medium term.

jmces

• PMT Idol 1000
I'm 50, married with 1 kid in college and 1 kid in HS.

Day job is in medical equipment/supplies and also in medical clinics (not a doctor, investor lang).

Current goal is to retire from daily work soon, so my stock portfolio is built for medium term.

oh diba, halata bang 50 na si sir wilch? :D

29, ofw computer programmer, not yet married but my gf wants to get married na  :D my port is built for the long term to be passed on my anakis in the future :D

bauer

• VIP 4500
  my port is built for the long term to be passed on my anakis in the future :D

^ Philippine stocks is NOT IDEAL for "generational" transfers if you are thinking about value.

jmces

• PMT Idol 1000
^ Philippine stocks is NOT IDEAL for "generational" transfers if you are thinking about value.

thanks sir bauer :D

wilch23

• VIP 6500
In other words, long term PSE stock holding is not the right way? So Buffet's way is not for us?

bauer

• VIP 4500
^ I truly admire buffett's skills in stocks.  In fact, I even bought a 4-inch or more thick book of Benjamin Graham, who is a renowned mentor of W. Buffett.

When buying stocks, I use the principles of buffett and graham in value investing.  But my experience in our country shows that we cannot keep local stocks for 'life' more so for 'generational transfers'.

the teachings and at the same time the practice of buffett fits well in the US only.
« Last Edit: Feb 10, 2014, 05:55 PM by bauer »

apingdaldal

• Forum Expert 600
34 (just got) married. No kids yet. OFW, Telecom engineer by profession. 

Just started in stock market investing last month though I've planned and did some research since a year ago.  I'm also in front of the PC everyday and occassionally I can check on PSE via COL.

Saving for retirement is my ultimate goal for my stock portfolio.  :)

wilch23

• VIP 6500
34 (just got) married. No kids yet. OFW, Telecom engineer by profession. 

Just started in stock market investing last month though I've planned and did some research since a year ago.  I'm also in front of the PC everyday and occassionally I can check on PSE via COL.

Saving for retirement is my ultimate goal for my stock portfolio.  :)

Hi, ECE grad ka? BS ECE kasi ako, UST batch 1985.

Anyway, IMO hindi pwede for retirement ang stock investment only. The dividends are very small and if you need to sell regularly, patay kang bata ka kahit matanda ka na!

My goal is to grow it enough to invest in some businesses that can provide regular cash flow during my retirement.

lemreyes

• Forum Tambay 200
30, Single.
Works Firmware R&D for a Japanese firm in Cebu City.

The dividends are very small and if you need to sell regularly, patay kang bata ka kahit matanda ka na!
if you are in the 30s, would not the dividend yields be big enough by the time that you will be 60?
e.g., buying Aboitiz Power in 2009 at around 5 pesos, now dividends are at 1.20.  That would be a dividend yield of more than 20% based on the original buying price.

katkatmachine

• Forum Expert 600
24, aliping sagigilid sa isang maliit na kumpanya sa ayala.

yung stocks ko for capital growth sana para after 10 years or more siguro may pangbusiness na ako. gusto kong magfranchise ng kahit anong business or magkaron ng at least 10-door apartment. :D

yung mf ko, for retirement.  :D

Wills

• PMT Jedi 2500
30, Single.
if you are in the 30s, would not the dividend yields be big enough by the time that you will be 60?
e.g., buying Aboitiz Power in 2009 at around 5 pesos, now dividends are at 1.20.  That would be a dividend yield of more than 20% based on the original buying price.

It is a very simple explanation and yet its still hard for many to understand.

Wills

• PMT Jedi 2500
On topic,

30, own some businesses and works at foundation.

apingdaldal

• Forum Expert 600
Hi, ECE grad ka? BS ECE kasi ako, UST batch 1985.

Anyway, IMO hindi pwede for retirement ang stock investment only. The dividends are very small and if you need to sell regularly, patay kang bata ka kahit matanda ka na!

My goal is to grow it enough to invest in some businesses that can provide regular cash flow during my retirement.

hello!  yup ECE grad. batch 2004 naman ako. 

Actually that what I plan as well.  At least save up a few millions so once I hit 60 i'll be able sustain a simple comfortable life for myself and my wife's for at least 15 more years :D  pwede na pandagdag sa ibang passive income sources ko at sa SSS.

grayback_01

• Forum Tambay 150
29, Married
Sales Assistant of Sales Manager of Samsung Electronics, which, plan to work on NGOs soon (idealistic part of me)  :cool2:

Im been investing since last year palang sa PSE; Just open my eyes recently on roads to Financial Freedom.

patski

32, Single, Engineer

Goals:

1. To build enough funds for a simple house and lot. Hopefully within 5 to 10 years from now.
2. To avoid being on OFW by building enough passive income thru stock investing or trading (not sure as of the moment  :D).
3. An investment vehicle for my future kids educational funds.
4. To be financially free.

wilch23

• VIP 6500
30, Single.

Inflation.

GIG

• PMT Idol 1000
@bauer

I beg to differ my friend, about the feasibility of value investing in Philippine setting. I thinks its doable and very profitable. Of course I've been doing it a little over 7 years already, But then again, 7 years may be too short of an observation period.

married
4 kids
engineer

Wills

• PMT Jedi 2500
30, Single.

Inflation.

Compounding.

chinito77

• Forum Master 400
Inflation.

Compounding.

Time na for a Debate  :cool2:

@bauer

I beg to differ my friend, about the feasibility of value investing in Philippine setting. I thinks its doable and very profitable. Of course I've been doing it a little over 7 years already, But then again, 7 years may be too short of an observation period.

As for the mean time base on my observation.. I have to agree with Bauer.. How many companies here Listed in the PSE that were index stocks had survived for more than 50 years?

Of the 30 Company PSEi
I can easily count them, all in my memory.. AC, BPI, GLO, LTG (THI former), MBT, PCOR, PX, SM, SMC, TEL, URC

Others 50 years were CHIB, HLCM, MER, RFM, VMC, VUL, ABS, GMA7,  Did I miss any?  :huh:

If we go for 100 years.. only AC, BPI, SMC will be left from the 30 index stock. Other old institutional stock that my memory can remember were MFC and SLF (though these were latter incorporated and listed).

Now tell me.. Which of these stocks do you intend to pass it down for generations?  :watchuthink:

The problem here in our country.. Our nation is still relatively young, our markets/economy is not yet as mature compared to US or any western counterparts.

But on the bright side, if you are optimistic in the future of the Philippines. This is the best time to invest, where share prices can still be considered a bargain. Assuming Philippine GDP will reach $1Trillion, $2 Trillion USD in the future.   :cool2:

So know its your call, each and everyone's decision on how you look at Philippines by 2050. How do you look at the regional and global economies by 2050, how will the global and regional financial system be in 2050.

:thankyou:

apingdaldal

• Forum Expert 600
Sorry po.. Pero back to topic po tayo. Please make another thread for easy reference na rin sa iba na gusto maki join sa debate/discussion.  Or just continue discussing it in the "Value investors thread". Btt.

:thankyou:
« Last Edit: Feb 12, 2014, 06:33 AM by apingdaldal »

chinito77

• Forum Master 400
25 yrs old, single, businessman

Goals:

To build Wealth.

Purpose:

1. Financial Security (personally and future family)
2. Funds for business ventures.
3. For mission work in the church.
4. Luxuries in life.
5. To help other people. (Not spoon feed)  :D

INDO

• PMT Jedi 2000
XXXVII, OFW. married with 1 kid. Plan to retire at 45.

LifeJiggy

23, single, IT professional, planning to retire at 40-45

Goals:
- Stocks is for capital growth para makapag business.
- MF is for real estate venture.
- To have money working for me by the time I retire so only work because I want to, not because I have to.

wilch23

• VIP 6500

pulubing_palaboy

• PMT Jedi 2000

noobydooby

• Forum Tambay 100
age 42
OFW - telecom industry

my job has no security, but when i do have a job, income is very very good. 
i've only been into investing for less than 6mos, including all the learning and research i've done. 

my biggest mistake was keeping all the money i've made very liquid (savings account).  now humahabol ako, 'accelerated cost averaging'  hehe  buhos every week.

Akosipepay

29 Analyst - IE, planning to retire 35-40, pero sana 35 :-)

Goals:
1. Currently at my 5th year in stocks trading, at salamat sa MERALCO, my remaining stocks for Capital growth
2. Business venture with friends
3. Grow our small contracting (construction) sideline and help provide employment
4. Financial security
5. Travel and experience the culture of our nations

kulatir

• Forum Master 400
34, married with 1 child (3 years old). Process engineer in a cryogenic gas plant. Long term stock investor.
« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2014, 04:30 AM by FutureGizmo »

acurquia

• Forum Master 400
45, Bank Employee (OFW)

Objective:
1. Build a long term paper portfolio
2. To have a permanent passive income, i.e. apartment
3. Secure a pension plan aside from SSS and End of Service benefit
4. Retire at the age of 50

lmf_1234

35, Wireless  Core Network Engineer - (Telecom Service Provider) somewhere in the Caribbean Island, (previously from SMART Comm), with 4 yr old daughter, Sir Wilch23, apping_d, UST ECE graduate din ako batch 2000.

1 year pa lang ako nakapag start mag invest sa stocks.

pulubing_palaboy

• PMT Jedi 2000

pulubing_palaboy

• PMT Jedi 2000
^^baka sabihin nila hindi ka sumagot
wish you and your family the best
ingat
« Last Edit: Feb 21, 2014, 04:04 AM by pulubing_palaboy »

apingdaldal

• Forum Expert 600
35, Wireless  Core Network Engineer - (Telecom Service Provider) somewhere in the Caribbean Island, (previously from SMART Comm), with 4 yr old daughter, Sir Wilch23, apping_d, UST ECE graduate din ako batch 2000.

1 year pa lang ako nakapag start mag invest sa stocks.

Nice. Telecom engineers  :rakenrol: Telecom system integrator naman ako, more of a Radio/Microwave at Ship navigation ang expertise ko. I'm working on lan/wan systems as well however i'm not yet Cisco certified hehehe... Hopefully i get at least a CCNA within this year.  :D

wilch23

• VIP 6500
Daming Electronics and Communications Engineers pala dito. Me too, but involved in medical imaging systems. Hello mga ka-tribo!

jonjon

34, Network and Security Engineer/ Systems Integrator. Less than a month pa lng nagstart sa stock market, late January 2014 lang. Hopefully makapag retire at the age of 40 :D.

holski

30, military, newly married.

Sumali ako para madagdagan ang nalalaman sa investments.

lemreyes

• Forum Tambay 200
Daming Electronics and Communications Engineers pala dito. Me too, but involved in medical imaging systems. Hello mga ka-tribo!

ECE here too. Batch 2006.
But I'm doing embedded software development.

miguel

• Probie
42, Management Accounting, permanently based in Oz (citizen)

Started in stock investing May '13 (wrong timing pa). Extra money after mortgage, bills, day-to-day expenses eh nilalagay ko sa stocks kesa maubos lang sa kung anu anong gastos. Objective is to have some funds in the Phils. as i plan to spend part of my retirement there. Why invest in Phils. not in Aussie stocks? Dunno to be honest pero siguro syempre mas familiar ako sa phil. companies. Completely newbie to all this. But at least nag + nako mainly due to MEG.

raphmercado

• Probie
28, married, based in Pasig
Involved in manufacturing (owned), wholesale (owned), and distribution (intl rights)

Retirement age: 30

INDO

• PMT Jedi 2000
Involved in manufacturing (owned), wholesale (owned), and distribution (intl rights)

wow!  :idol:  :applause: :applause:

by the way, bakit ayaw mo pa ngayon mag retire? hihihi

jmces

• PMT Idol 1000

tycoon alert congrats :D

ECE here too. Batch 2006.
But I'm doing embedded software development.

what is embedded soft devt?:D
« Last Edit: Feb 27, 2014, 09:23 AM by jmces »

lemreyes

• Forum Tambay 200
what is embedded soft devt?:D
it's programming for hardware devices. e.g.  phones, TVs, toys, even microwaves.
We are developing software for printers.

jmces

• PMT Idol 1000
it's programming for hardware devices. e.g.  phones, TVs, toys, even microwaves.
We are developing software for printers.

cool

raphmercado

• Probie
wow!  :idol:  :applause: :applause:

by the way, bakit ayaw mo pa ngayon mag retire? hihihi

tycoon alert congrats :D

Retired for almost a year when I was 27, got bored haha (workaholic)! Itinaas ulit ang income goals kaya bumalik sa negosyo. :)

jmces

• PMT Idol 1000
Retired for almost a year when I was 27, got bored haha (workaholic)! Itinaas ulit ang income goals kaya bumalik sa negosyo. :)

what is this negosyo if you dont mind sharing?:D

pinksapphire

raphmercado

• Probie
what is this negosyo if you dont mind sharing?:D

I'm into manufacturing (TM) and wholesale of food products and fisheries. I'm also into global distribution. :)

INDO

• PMT Jedi 2000
Just started in UITF this year.

30, Architect.  :hihi:

nice to know may architect pala dito sa PMT  :cool2:

nasa manila po ba kayo?

jmces

• PMT Idol 1000
I'm into manufacturing (TM) and wholesale of food products and fisheries. I'm also into global distribution. :)

like tuna and sardines?

pinksapphire

nice to know may architect pala dito sa PMT  :cool2:

nasa manila po ba kayo?

Singapore- based, sir Indo    :D

INDO

• PMT Jedi 2000

Terzaghi

• Forum Tambay 100
32, Civil/Structural Engineer (Oil and Gas, Petrochem, Power)

jmces

• PMT Idol 1000
No, condiments (mainly patis) :)

wag mo kami kakalimutan pag napalitan mo na si henry sy sa top 10 :D
are you looking for business partenrs at the moment?HAHAHAHA

xtremus

OFW - Engineer (Oil & Gas) @ 40 ...  I love to invest.....

raphmercado

• Probie
wag mo kami kakalimutan pag napalitan mo na si henry sy sa top 10 :D
are you looking for business partenrs at the moment?HAHAHAHA

I'm always open for partnership opportunities. We can meet up and talk if you want. I know we'll both get something out of the meeting. :)

jmces

• PMT Idol 1000
I'm always open for partnership opportunities. We can meet up and talk if you want. I know we'll both get something out of the meeting. :)

i will contact you when i am in the philippines :D

george88

• PMT Idol 1000

LEBATIQUE

HVAC/R TECHNICIAN,,23,,Yes,I'M INVESTING SA STOCKS ..,.,kakasimula ko pa lang ngayon FEBRUARY 2014,,Ayon sa mga experto.,mas maganda bata ka pa maginvest na sa philippine stocks exchange kaya pinagaralan ko muna.,by the way salamat sa pesos and sense.,.,  :cool2: :applause:
« Last Edit: Mar 01, 2014, 02:44 AM by LEBATIQUE »

vhinsent08

• Forum Champion 800
nice 30 to retire...

\

32 ECE - 2003 - construction lead engineer - ELV systems

raphmercado

• Probie

Langis

• Forum Tambay 100
Have been investing in VUL since March 2009 and planning to invest in PSE stocks through COL Financial this May 2014.

GOALS:
1.) To further increase our passive income.
2.) Retire on or before the age of 50.
3.) Build my own house.
4.) Open my own business
5.) Stay for good in the Philippines
\

32 - B.S.M.E 2003 - 100% certified Mapuan - Quality assurance engineer - Bosch Diesel systems Austria

chinux

23, SINGLE, IT ADMIN

Started Last July 2013

GOAL: for my brother's flying school  :harhar:

george88

• PMT Idol 1000
raphmercado ikaw ba yung raphael mercado sa Build Wealth meetup

nanay

supply analyst/ planner
2 kids

From 2005, started with 95k managed by others - sporadically
... on my own (plus lots of help from pmt and personal gurus) since q2 last year.

Earn better than bank rate while learning

Certified pmt lurker with occasional posts

rhonnelle10

Designation: Project Engineer
Field: Oil & Gas

o db prang resume lng..heheh...started investing with COL, 5months plng.. Hoping to have something out of stocks once I retire being an OFW.

george88

• PMT Idol 1000
Guys I've read a lot of post and comments everywhere about investing... Please do not forget this RULE when you invest
1. You must have emergency cash at least 6 months (minimum), 8 months is good and 1 year emergency cash fund is BEST. Dapat meron kayong liquid not hard asset like gadget,car,luxury, house, not investment, not Time Deposit. But Savings/Ipon yan tagalog na yan ha :hihi: ...

2. Never invest money that you are going to use 5years from now.

While investing as early as you can is very good you must have plan and discipline.

Learn from my experience and others experience.

chinito77

• Forum Master 400
2. Never invest money that you are going to use 5years from now.

While investing as early as you can is very good you must have plan and discipline.

I quite disagree with this sir..  :hihi:

Stocks are pretty liquid, if you know your trade, you know your plan, and you are confident with it. You can invest the money you are going to need for the next 5 years.. You can always sell some shares you hold when you need the money.  :watchuthink:

Setting a time frame of 5 years is very long.

You could already make money  even in a weeks time.  :bahalaka:

Ok what if you are not a tsupitero?  :D

Fine, you can still make money in a span of 6 months or even 1 year.  :cool2:

If you don't make money, you can always cut loss.  :harhar:

Saving the money you'll need for 5 years is just way too long... That would be OPPORTUNITY LOST  :fight1:

pulubing_palaboy

• PMT Jedi 2000
yan ang hirap sa mga guidelines
hindi naman yan para sa lahat

halimbawa, bakit ko kailangan ng cash na between US$125K to US$250K kung ang income ko ay $250K per year?
meron naman akong medical/dental/vision/home/vehicle insurance?

kung sakaling kailangan ko ng pera 5 yrs from now, bakit hindi ko dapat i invest? eh pwede ko naman ilagay sa bonds or municipal securities which are safe kahit maliit lang ang interes?

lesson here-- do not make blanket statements!

PMT Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Post only questions or comments here. Advertisements NOT ALLOWED.
  • Doni_megaworld: work work
    Today at 02:47 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: What's good in this afternoon?
    Today at 02:01 PM
  • Doni_megaworld: agreed
    Yesterday at 03:30 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: @lyndrey depende siguro sa seller, so kung mag order kayo online much better na kilala niyo at trusted
    Yesterday at 02:29 PM
  • Doni_megaworld: kumusta? sino mga online?
    May 24, 2020, 03:24 PM
  • lyndrey: Do not buy PPE online. Either expensive overpriced or totally damaged or cannot be used
    May 24, 2020, 01:37 PM
  • lyndrey: Online Scammers/online shopping cheats are active with stay at home regimen.
    May 24, 2020, 01:34 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: @razee22 Parang di na po nacoconvert into money ang load po.
    May 12, 2020, 04:07 PM
  • razee22: any advised or recommendation?
    May 12, 2020, 11:16 AM
  • razee22: Paano po ba iconvert ang load into money like Paypal, Paymaya or Gcash?
    May 12, 2020, 11:15 AM
  • razee22: paano po ba iconvert ang load into money? Paypal or Gcash
    May 12, 2020, 11:14 AM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Hellooooo, okay lang ba kayo dyannnn?
    May 11, 2020, 11:40 AM
  • theimprobableone: hi
    May 05, 2020, 11:37 AM
  • freelance_treasure_hunter: hello all...
    Apr 28, 2020, 04:26 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Can someone save me?
    Mar 24, 2020, 01:39 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: I'm tired.
    Mar 24, 2020, 01:39 PM
  • Victorvargas: Hello sa lahat po new lang po dito. Hope na marami matutunan ako about business.
    Mar 21, 2020, 09:43 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Yoh, its been a while.
    Mar 17, 2020, 10:33 AM
  • demi07: Hello everyone! New in pinoymoneytalk :)
    Mar 14, 2020, 01:24 PM
  • theappswitch: Hi!
    Feb 25, 2020, 03:14 PM
  • mike2020: hi po sa inyo lahat
    Feb 23, 2020, 11:52 PM
  • Jayjayqwe: hi po
    Feb 19, 2020, 11:27 PM
  • tirs d pip: hello
    Feb 18, 2020, 02:32 PM
  • Ace1105: Hello sa lahat...  :hello:
    Feb 07, 2020, 09:46 AM
  • FREYAHYARA: Anyone knows where Ig shops like styledom.ph, thriftme, instashoppeavenu and the likes get their items for selling. Would like to venture in the same business but would like to know where and who the suppliers are
    Jan 28, 2020, 09:38 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: To bpc85 kung nakalagay ang inyong names sa beneficiary list ng iyong ama kay may makukuha po kayo.
    Nov 28, 2019, 02:18 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Hellooooo, its been a while. :)
    Nov 28, 2019, 02:16 PM
  • miakashidou31: hi , meron po ba ditong nagta transfer sa paypal?
    Nov 05, 2019, 01:46 PM
  • whennedy: good noon po
    Oct 18, 2019, 12:04 PM
  • edzlpdac: goood day po sa lahat!
    Oct 12, 2019, 03:37 PM
  • bpc85: ask lng sana ako kung may makukuha ba kami ng Mama ko at ako or mga kapatid ko sa benepisyo ng aming Ama bilang membro ng AFPSLAI. thank you po.
    Sep 27, 2019, 12:52 PM
  • bpc85: Hi guys, im new here,.
    Sep 27, 2019, 12:52 PM
  • Anaperdi: Hi just want to know if meron dito who is into boundary hulog ng motorcycle? For mga riders ng courier. Pwede ba magpashare how it works? Naisip ko lang baka pwede ko ibusiness, meron na pala mga posts online pero di pa clear ang system sa akin. thank  you sa makakapansin
    Sep 21, 2019, 11:32 AM
  • Anaperdi: Hi newbie here..
    Sep 21, 2019, 11:19 AM
  • jprios: May contact ba kayo kung sakali?
    Sep 18, 2019, 06:11 PM
  • jprios: Sino pwedeng mahiraman dito?
    Sep 18, 2019, 06:09 PM
  • kfg52: Present!
    Sep 15, 2019, 07:26 PM
  • juju31: san po ba may nag papahiram dito
    Sep 14, 2019, 07:18 PM
  • juju31: hello
    Sep 14, 2019, 07:18 PM
  • FutureGizmo: Thanks julz! Medyo ganun nga trabaho namin ngayon, to monitor spam posts kasi ang daming spam bots. But thanks for reporting. Auto-ban agad ang spammers sa amin haha
    Sep 07, 2019, 12:17 PM
  • julz: @FutureGizmo si @nikkikv18 just posted more than 10 posts about porn sites. hay, spam.
    Sep 03, 2019, 01:05 PM
  • Cid_brent: sino po dyan pwede magbigay send ng paypal funds and I will pay you using gcash?
    Aug 25, 2019, 08:58 PM
  • Meghan91811: Sino po may alam about Rice Farming...
    Aug 25, 2019, 07:44 AM
  • roselove: hello po sa inyo... newbie here
    Aug 06, 2019, 03:31 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Sino palaging active dito?
    Jul 30, 2019, 04:15 PM
  • dagocjasonrey: Anong update dito?
    Jul 22, 2019, 08:49 PM
  • mark_Lee: anong bago dito
    Jun 28, 2019, 01:03 AM
  • mark_Lee: balita
    Jun 28, 2019, 01:03 AM
  • Lovelyprincess72: hi everyone , I'm newbie here
    Jun 27, 2019, 02:36 PM