PMT Forum
Do you want to make money today? :)

The Random Thread

vicces · 508 · 82947

Quiz

• Forum Master 300
“My first child was born, but I was not happy when people in charge of her documents showed little imagination,”

I beg to dis agree, the F@king gov't offices don't have imagination more so flexibility when it comes to serving common folks.

Quiz

• Forum Master 300
random na rin lang,
Bakit yung NSO birth certificate nag eexpire?
Bakit nung manual lang ang pag process ng passport it takes only 3-5 working days, bakit ngayong computerized 3-6 months bago lumabas?
Bakit yung NBI, NSO at iba pang governmtnt issued certifications kailangan pang ia authenticate ng DFA o embassy, fake ba iniissue nila?

mikoangelo

• VIP 3500
onga onga...bkit yung NBI pinapa authenticate pa..

ska bakit marriage contract wlang expiration...

nagkaproblema din ako dati sa birthcertificate..kulang ng R yung apelyido ko kasi double R dapat..it took 8 months pra maayos..booooo

Quiz

• Forum Master 300
ska bakit marriage contract wlang expiration...

Sinabi ko sa asawa ko yan binatukan ba naman ako hehehe

yllor

• PMT Idol 1000

Quiz

• Forum Master 300

yllor

• PMT Idol 1000
lolz... oo nga no.. halatang hindi ako nagbaback-read sa thread..

yllor

• PMT Idol 1000

freefront

• VIP 4500
http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/412195/student-enrolls-using-41-names
Student enrolls–using 41 names

Those kids must love their father much. Can you imagine any kid being called over just so he can recite all his names like he was a circus freak?

“Quite naturally, a man with a flair for style and a way with words like our father Rufino Jr., with the blessing of our mother, Remedios, would name their four sons Rufino Ray III, Rufino Ranulfo IV, Rufino Ramil V and Rufino Ronaldo VI,” he said.

>>>this answers my question about Bimbo XXIV. Hindi sya 16 generations ng Bimbo.

jLo- eto ^ yung sinasabi ko. Kaya lang, sa 3 major religions, dapat second place yung name ng father. Kasi kung 13 kayong magkakapatid, tapos 7 ang lalaki, hindi na magtatanong kung sino sa 7 ang tatay ng mga collective na mga anak nyo.

Hal: vexacion victor ]
       vixxen victor     ]     si victor ang tatay
       pesther victor   ]

vicces

• VIP Member
http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/412195/student-enrolls-using-41-names
Student enrolls–using 41 names

Those kids must love their father much. Can you imagine any kid being called over just so he can recite all his names like he was a circus freak?
and pano sila nagsurvive nung early school years, mgkakasya ba 41 names sa pad paper ng grade 1? and pag may quiz na dinidictate lang yung tanong.. tapos na ung quiz ngsusulat pa sya ng pangalan nya..

Hal: vexacion victor ]
       vixxen victor     ]     si victor ang tatay
       pesther victor   ]

:think:  so pag may time ka, ganyan ginagawa mo, nag iisip ng pangalan ng anak? :harhar:

Quiz

• Forum Master 300
kaya nga kawawa yung mga bata pero ang galing naman nila at memorize nila buong pngalan spelling and chronology.
may classmate nga ako ng college, birth name nya is Aries, pero pinapalitan nya pangalan nya nung grade school yata ginawang ARIS, mahirap daw yung spelling, hehehe  :hihi:

freefront

• VIP 4500

:think:  so pag may time ka, ganyan ginagawa mo, nag iisip ng pangalan ng anak? :harhar:

estacuses?! That was on the fly. tsiktsak.  :D

may classmate nga ako ng college, birth name nya is Aries, pero pinapalitan nya pangalan nya nung grade school yata ginawang ARIS, mahirap daw yung spelling, hehehe  :hihi:
^tinamad magturo yung nanay. "I before E, except after C" and a few more exceptions......

mikoangelo

• VIP 3500
I have 2 names tapos haba pa ng apelyido ko....from writing(elementary) to drawing 1(college) ngalay na ngalay ako sa pagsusulat ng pangalan...

ang guess what?

yung dalawang daughter ko, tig dalawa din pangalan.... :evil:

yllor

• PMT Idol 1000
Maalala ko dati nung nasa Bahrain ako.. yung Bahraini na kasama namin sa office mahaba din name..

meron naman reason kung bakit.. it dictates kung ano name ng ama, ng lolo at ng mga ninuno nya..

Ali bin Hassan bin Mustafa bin Musa bin Tukri Al Makabi

kumbaga Ali na anak ni Hassan na anak ni Mustafa na anak ni ......
_______

bakit nga ba nauso sa pinas na pangalan ang mga anak ng mga banyagang pangalan..
_______

freefront

• VIP 4500
^ Biblical nga kasi. Minsan, hanggang tenth na ninuno, kaya nilang banggitin. Kaya daw walang adoption sa culture nila. The child should always know daw kung saan sya galing.

>yung last na binyagan na pinuntahan ko, binilin daw ng pari sa mga parents na dapat may manggaling sa calendar na pangalan ang bata at hindi daw puede ang tipong Ozzy Osbourne  :hihi:

I have 2 names tapos haba pa ng apelyido ko....from writing(elementary) to drawing 1(college) ngalay na ngalay ako sa pagsusulat ng pangalan...

ang guess what?

yung dalawang daughter ko, tig dalawa din pangalan.... :evil:

Iba na ang kaunti lang ang boys sa pamilya  :D Ako lang ang ganun ang apelyido magmula kinder hanggang college. Kaya yung first name ko, initial lang ang sinusulat ko, at least, I got away with it nung college na.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 09:34 PM by freefront »

kithe

• PMT Idol 1000
"BEST DIVORCE LETTER EVER"

Dear Wife,
I’m writing you this letter to tell you that I’m leaving you forever. I’ve been a good man to you for 7 years & I have nothing to show for it. These last 2 weeks have been hell. Your boss called to tell me that you quit your job today & that was the last straw. Last week, you came home & didn’t even notice I had a new haircut, had cooked your favorite meal & even wore a brand new pair of silk boxers. You ate in 2 minutes, & went straight to sleep after watching all of your soaps. You don’t tell me you love me anymore; you don’t want sex or anything that connects us as husband & wife. Either you’re cheating on me or you don’t love me anymore; whatever the case, I’m gone.

Your EX-Husband

P.S. don’t try to find me. Your SISTER & I are moving away to West Virginia together! Have a great life!

Dear Ex-Husband
Nothing has made my day more than receiving your letter. It’s true you & I have been married for 7 years, although a good man is a far cry from what you’ve been. I watch my soaps so much because they drown out your constant whining & griping Too bad that doesn’t work. I DID notice when you got a hair cut last week, but the 1st thing that came to mind was ‘You look just like a girl!’ Since my mother raised me not to say anything if you can’t say something nice, I didn’t comment. And when you cooked my favorite meal, you must have gotten me confused with MY SISTER, because I stopped eating pork 7 years ago. About those new silk boxers: I turned away from you because the $49.99 price tag was still on them, & I prayed it was a coincidence that my sister had just borrowed $50 from me that morning. After all of this, I still loved you & felt we could work it out. So when I hit the lotto for 10 million dollars, I quit my job & bought us 2 tickets to Jamaica But when I got home you were gone.. Everything happens for a reason, I guess. I hope you have the fulfilling life you always wanted. My lawyer said that the letter you wrote ensures you won’t get a dime from me. So take care.

Signed, Your Ex-Wife, Rich As Hell & Free!

P.S. I don’t know if I ever told you this, but my sister Carla was born Carl. I hope that’s not a problem :)

skengel

"BEST DIVORCE LETTER EVER"

Dear Wife,
I’m writing you this letter to tell you that I’m leaving you forever. I’ve been a good man to you for 7 years & I have nothing to show for it. These last 2 weeks have been hell. Your boss called to tell me that you quit your job today & that was the last straw. Last week, you came home & didn’t even notice I had a new haircut, had cooked your favorite meal & even wore a brand new pair of silk boxers. You ate in 2 minutes, & went straight to sleep after watching all of your soaps. You don’t tell me you love me anymore; you don’t want sex or anything that connects us as husband & wife. Either you’re cheating on me or you don’t love me anymore; whatever the case, I’m gone.

Your EX-Husband

P.S. don’t try to find me. Your SISTER & I are moving away to West Virginia together! Have a great life!

Dear Ex-Husband
Nothing has made my day more than receiving your letter. It’s true you & I have been married for 7 years, although a good man is a far cry from what you’ve been. I watch my soaps so much because they drown out your constant whining & griping Too bad that doesn’t work. I DID notice when you got a hair cut last week, but the 1st thing that came to mind was ‘You look just like a girl!’ Since my mother raised me not to say anything if you can’t say something nice, I didn’t comment. And when you cooked my favorite meal, you must have gotten me confused with MY SISTER, because I stopped eating pork 7 years ago. About those new silk boxers: I turned away from you because the $49.99 price tag was still on them, & I prayed it was a coincidence that my sister had just borrowed $50 from me that morning. After all of this, I still loved you & felt we could work it out. So when I hit the lotto for 10 million dollars, I quit my job & bought us 2 tickets to Jamaica But when I got home you were gone.. Everything happens for a reason, I guess. I hope you have the fulfilling life you always wanted. My lawyer said that the letter you wrote ensures you won’t get a dime from me. So take care.

Signed, Your Ex-Wife, Rich As Hell & Free!

P.S. I don’t know if I ever told you this, but my sister Carla was born Carl. I hope that’s not a problem :)
Hahahahaha Maam kithe pakopya nito  :thankyou:

freefront

• VIP 4500
Sun Life Financial Philippines
Another month has passed again --- how did your mutual funds perform?

Returns of Philippine Mutual Funds: May 2013 : PinoyMoneyTalk.com – Make Money Online, Stocks,...
www.pinoymoneytalk.com
Last month, when we wrote about the Performance of Philippine Mutual Funds (as of April 2013), we wondered if

....so idontoknowhow to post images etc. PMT is on SLFPI's fb page like FG needs more moolah. World Peace  :D

freefront

• VIP 4500
@Quizz re: PHL SIM cards being captured in ksa. Somewhat related to this?

http://www.arabnews.com/news/446001

Skype faces ban in Saudi Arabia

“I really don’t understand what they mean by monitoring. Are they going to tap into the conversations I have with my mother and sister? Does that mean they are going to have to wear the veil when they open the camera for me?” pondered Khalid Tunsi, a finance student in the US. “If they cut off these applications, it will make my life really difficult because with this technology I am able to see my mother every day,” he added.

>LOL

WhatsApp is an application that businessmen such as Hani Ayyash use to communicate with his employees and clients for free. “I have created a group for my colleagues and employees, especially when I’m traveling, as I need to be informed about any updates,” he said. “Is CITC giving us lower rates after banning free applications that everyone uses? I believe they should provide us with a replacement because all we want is to obtain lower rates and free communication technology,” he added.

>Protectionism, if they do go ahead with it (lucky cousin of prince so and so for having that telecom license)

kithe

• PMT Idol 1000
Just sharing, nabasa ko sa isang blog.. thanks to PH..  :cool2:

Basa basa din pag may time.. :book:  :book:  :book:

"10 Stocks Lessons I had to Learn the Hard Way"

Here are 10 things that anybody trying stock trading should know. Most of these are fairly common sense, but you'd be surprised how many people violate them anyway, in the name of losing money for the sake of stupidity. I know I did. In any case, I'm going to try and save you the hassle of going through some of my most gut wrenching experiences. If you listen, good. If you don't well, treat this as a program brochure for the play "How The f*ck Do You Lose Your Money" starring your trading self.

Oh, yeah, it's written in Tagalog since I wrote it for another website.

1. Pag kumita, wag makati ang kamay at bili ng bili. lalong mawawaldas ang kita mo pag naexcite ka pumasok ulit. Bumili ka na lang ng dvd.

2. Pag nalulugi, wag maging desperado humanap ng ibang stock na makakabawi ng pagkalugi. Mahirap magisip ng tuwid pag desperado. Lalo ka lang mawawalan. Cut loss agad, tapos wag magpadala sa agos ng trading.

3. Wag sakim. Pag nakita mo na may kita ka na at medyo kuntento ka na dito, wag mo na hantayin pa na nasa tuktok na ang presyo. Pag nakalabas na at umakyat pa rin, wag na pumasok.

4. Speaking of labas-pasok, iwasan ito. Broker lang ang kikita. Matutong maging pirmi.

5. Pag maganda ang ekonomiya, buy and hold ang pinakasafe na paraan, except kung "wonderstock" ang usapan. Dapat dun lagi nasa labas na ang isang paa mo palagi. Ready to run palagi, parang si Erap.

6. Wag mangakit ng iba pang tao pumasok sa stock market dahil lang sa isang tip. Marami nang tanga na nalulugi sa market. Wag na paramihin pa. Dadami lang kaaway mo at dadami lang ang katulad ko.

7. Iwasan maging emosyonal. Kung gusto mo magventout, bumili ka ng punching bag, o di kaya makipaginuman ka sa kanto.

8. Wag maniwala sa kahit na sino. Kahit si Andres Bonifacio pa yan, pag may payong stock sayo, pagaralan muna. Hindi lahat ng bagay nabubuhay pagkatapos ng 3 araw.

9. Magbasa dito sa PMT at dyaryo or pwede rin sa internet araw-araw. Hindi lang ng isang guru, lahat. Big picture dapat palagi, parang Imax.

10. Ugaliing magpasalamat. Sa Diyos, sa mga bossing dito sa PMT, sa broker mo, at higit sa sa lahat sa sarili mo, kasi ikaw ang sarili mong boss pagdating sa trading, wala nang iba.

PS.. i replaced a word to PMT..  :hihi: loyal
« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2013, 11:43 PM by kithe »

mikoangelo

• VIP 3500
Learnings on finances from dad
By Heidi Ng

In honor of Father’s Day, my column for today will be about my father and the financial lessons and wisdom he has taught me. Maybe you can learn a few things from my own experience growing up with a Chinese father who knew the value of money and hard work.

I am sure many of us share the same sentiment of gratitude to our dads for providing for us all these years. I only weaned away from my father when I started working for his company. Earning my keep, though admittedly small, was a good lesson to start.

Financial Lesson #1- If I wanted money, I had to work for it. Once I was out of my university years from Ateneo, I was not getting any allowances from him anymore. He told me that if I wanted to have money, I had to work for it. So, I did work for his company but then I was working for it. It was not free.

Financial Lesson #2- If I want to put up a business, I cannot invest and let others work on it. He said that no other person will have the same amount of "malasakit" as you would have if you were the one who shelled out money for it. It is rare to find loyal and honest people who will work their asses off for you. So, if you want a successful business, you have to learn the nitty gritty of a business, practice and know it inside and out so the employees can see that you know what you are talking about. You have to be the most hardworking employee of that company.

FInancial Lesson #3- Money does not grow on trees. And I thought they came from our kiat kiat tree that is popular during the Chinese New Year (just kidding). The kiat kiat tree is just a symbol of luck. But if you want to have money, you should earn it, and save it. I cannot pick up money from the streets, nor do they grow freely on trees. If I want money, I have to find it.

Financial Lesson #4- My dad was not a big fan of loans. He would always tell me that one should not loan if there was no way to pay for it. He abhors people who cannot pay their loans, but would live such lavish lifestyles. For him, your lifestyle should be equal or less than how much you have. You cannot be driving a Mercedes or Rolls Royce with Kia earnings. If you do have a penchant for nice and expensive things, you cannot loan that. Only buy what you can afford. If you cannot afford it, do not buy it. As simple as that.

Financial Lesson #5- In doing business and playing the stock market, my dad would always say that "konting kita" is better than "walang kita". One should not be so greedy as to not wanting to sell a certain stock when one has already made money. One cannot be so greedy. Sell while you can make a profit or if there's a buyer. Tomorrow might be a different story and you are not sure if there is still a buyer.

Financial Lesson #6- Work hard before party hard. Before you enjoy a retiree's life, make sure you have the money to back it up. Before travelling and discovering the world, make sure you have pocket money, not just plane and hotel tickets. Always live a life commensurate to your worth. There is no use in keeping up with the Joneses when you have to squeeze every peso you have just to keep up. It is not worth it.

To all dads out there, may you take the time to mentor your children because the lessons they will learn from you will be for a lifetime. And we children learn not just by our parents' words but with their actions and how they live their lives. So, apart from positive words and actions, fathers need to step up and be fantastic examples of the lessons they teach. To my own popsy, Happy Father’s Day and I love you very much!

http://mb.com.ph/Lifestyle/Arts_&_Culture/17314/Learnings_on_finances_from_dad#.Ub1Ktthn_Fx

yllor

• PMT Idol 1000
^ano namang lesson ang ituturo mo sa tsikiting mo sa ngayon... :D

r4k3t_m4n

• Forum Expert 600
Happy
Father's
Day!

To all Dads @PMT and beyond.

:applause:

r4k3t_m4n

• Forum Expert 600
“What Is A Dad? A dad is someone who wants to catch you before you fall but instead picks you up, brushes you off, and lets you try again. A dad is someone who wants to keep you from making mistakes but instead lets you find your own way, even though his heart breaks in silence when you get hurt. A dad is someone who holds you when you cry, scolds you when you break the rules, shines with pride when you succeed, and has faith in you even when you fail…”

- Unknown

:thumbsup2

mikoangelo

• VIP 3500
INHUMANITY OF INDIFFERENCE | 'Padyak' driver dies in front of passing pedestrians near DLSU-Taft

I was at first reluctant to write this. Afraid of being accused of taking literary advantage of life’s many tragedies. But some things cannot be left unsaid.

On a rainy Friday night last month, a man lay motionless on the sidewalk below the LRT right across De La Salle University-Manila. It was clear he was sick, and needed urgent attention. He was a de-padyak driver.

Security guards from DLSU were the first to arrive on the scene, I was told. His pedicab had stalled for half an hour in a corner of Taft before I arrived. I would not have seen him if the jeepney I’d been riding had not stopped at Quirino, and I had to walk the rest of the way to Vito Cruz.

The guards were reluctant to shelter him at the university. The DLSU clinic had apparently refused to grant him entry.

Maybe one of the nurses could come out and see him then? I asked. To verify, at the very least, whether or not he was still alive?

They would have to check. Would have to seek bureaucratic approval from the school authorities. Bureaucratic approval for the life of a man, who just might be a con artist. It was Standard Operating Procedure, after all. Perfectly understandable.

Okay. Did he have a phone? Maybe we could call his relatives.

There was nothing in his belt bag. Someone had probably snatched it in the quarter of an hour or so that he lay slumped motionless inside his pedicab before the guards arrived to check on him.

(Only the DLSU guards, by the way, did anything. There were a couple of cops and an MMDA officer on hand and they did all they could -- as passive observers.)

I felt for a pulse. Nothing. The guards performed CPR for the second time. One of the bystanders, recognizing him, had rushed to alert his relatives. He was from Munoz.

We looked desperately for a cab, an FX, a bus, another pedicab -- anything -- to take him to the hospital. A full 20 minutes ticked by, and not one of the cars stopped to pick him up, or even paused to see what was happening. Not even in Pinoy usisero spirit.

His family arrived minutes later. Amid the increasingly hysterical wails of a woman, presumably his wife, I could only catch that it was his “pangalawang beses” (Second what? Stroke? Heart attack? Seizure?)

At this point, I knew it was too late. Even a man without a medical degree can understand the first 10 minutes after a heart attack or a seizure can mean the difference beween life and death.

At this point, not one of the La Salle students streaming out of Henry Sy Hall and into their private cars bothered to look. A crowd, however, did gather around the man’s body, which was rapidly turning cold: his fellow de-padyak drivers, JC, Renzo, and the other street kids, who were flagging down occupied taxis and banging car windows to get them to pay attention. Not one of them ever did, and only a tricycle driver -- probably another relative -- finally agreed to take him to Ospital ng Maynila.

The rain was pouring down, of course, and it was rush hour. Perfectly understandable.

I, for my part, was useless, as usual. I never got the man’s name. As his family brought his body (now cold and stiff) into the pedicab, I could only watch the scene unfold. Moments like these, I would later realize, bring a certain mental clarity, a numb blankness, before questions (and guilt) start nagging at the back of one’s head.

If the man did not have to pedal in vain for hours on end, ferrying St. Scho, CSB, and DLSU students to and from the bars and discos around Taft -- in the heat and the rain, for less than a hundred pesos a day -- would he have suffered the same fate?

If he had collapsed in a sports car, carried a La Salle ID (as I did) -- or was, for instance, someone’s prized purebred pet dog and not a human being -- would De La Salle Inc. have let him in?

He was around 50 -- old enough to be my father. Did he have children? A wife? A pet dog? Could he afford maintenance meds? Did he have a doctor? Did he have health insurance?

If his family took him to a public hospital, would they have to foot the bill?

Would the doctors even care? Certainly the school hardly did.

It was half an hour or more before the guards reached the man and called for an ambulance. And none arrived. They called the police first. The man’s relatives from Munoz were ahead of them (while the PNP and MMDA officers looked on, stupefied).

Now, be fair, I’ve been told. What if the school simply was not prepared to deal with such an incident?

The university clinic doubtless has proper equipment to deal with emergency situations, in or off campus. The school has enough money to spare to refurbish our canteens and make each one look like a five-star resto -- and not enough money for the clinic? The families of La Salle students do not pay 150,000 to 200,000 thousand pesos a year for nothing.

By the time I arrived, the man had no pulse or it was so weak none of us could feel it. I felt the guards, who have doubtless received first aid training, knew what they were doing. They had administered CPR before I came.

Again, I asked if we could at least carry the man into the south gate lobby - which was just a few meters away from where he lay. The guards refused, not until they received permission from the school administration or the security office. Again I asked if a school nurse could at least come out and check on him. They had received no approval from "sa loob," so we could nothing.

Again, it was raining hard outside.

I am not blaming the guards. The La Salle guards did all they could at the time and had already gone far beyond the call of duty. I'm blaming whoever was "inside": the baboon who had neither the heart nor the brains nor the common sense to at least say, “yes, bring him in.” This is bureaucracy at its finest. The school's inaction was inexcusable whichever way you look at it.

It was also probably afraid of having to foot the bill if they had brought the man to the hospital. They would have had no such qualms if Henry Sy tripped on some sidewalk on Taft, broke his ankle, and had to be brought to the clinic, ASAP. The man can afford it, and in fact paid for his own building on campus.

So yes, this is -- at least partly -- a rich versus poor issue. Bureaucracy with all its attendant ills arises from a system that prizes efficiency more than humanity, money more than compassion and common sense. Social insensitivity is part and parcel of a system that has normalized inequality, promotes fear and distrust of the “other” -- especially the “rabble on the streets” that we would rather flush away.

Are we being unfair to the school? Perhaps. But there is no fair play when a man's life is at stake and we did nothing, when we could have done everything. And I say “we” -- because I am as much involved in what happened, and what is happening (to the university and to the wider world) as the baboon inside.

We are told, at times like these, not to overreact, not to be emotional. That it happens all the time. That there is nothing we can do. That children and old men collapse of neglect, starvation, or sheer exhaustion, every single day. That they die ignominious deaths out on the streets, in slums, in war zones, in prisons, in dumpsites, in distant lands far from their families.

That they drop dead like flies -- as nameless in death as in birth. The fact is: The way we treat these nameless millions in death is in direct correlation with the way we regard them in life.

That is, like trash. To be flushed out of the streets.

I am struck at the callousness of universities that earn tens of millions of pesos to teach their students how not to give a damn about the plight of the rest of society, in the world beyond their white walls, beyond their conscience-tight, air-conditioned classrooms.

As though money can ever shield young people from reality. But they end up blinded, not immunized.

I am struck at the reality of how cheap life is, in a society that wears its values and casts them off when they prove inconvenient; casts them off like they shrug off countless, nameless millions because they are somehow beneath us.

It’s as cheap as our collective hypocrisy.

http://www.interaksyon.com/article/64936/inhumanity-of-indifference--padyak-driver-dies-in-front-of-passing-pedestrians-near-dlsu-taft

singkit_1588

• PMT Jedi 2500
INHUMANITY OF INDIFFERENCE | 'Padyak' driver dies in front of passing pedestrians near DLSU-Taft

I was at first reluctant to write this. Afraid of being accused of taking literary advantage of life’s many tragedies. But some things cannot be left unsaid.

On a rainy Friday night last month, a man lay motionless on the sidewalk below the LRT right across De La Salle University-Manila. It was clear he was sick, and needed urgent attention. He was a de-padyak driver.

Security guards from DLSU were the first to arrive on the scene, I was told. His pedicab had stalled for half an hour in a corner of Taft before I arrived. I would not have seen him if the jeepney I’d been riding had not stopped at Quirino, and I had to walk the rest of the way to Vito Cruz.

The guards were reluctant to shelter him at the university. The DLSU clinic had apparently refused to grant him entry.

Maybe one of the nurses could come out and see him then? I asked. To verify, at the very least, whether or not he was still alive?

They would have to check. Would have to seek bureaucratic approval from the school authorities. Bureaucratic approval for the life of a man, who just might be a con artist. It was Standard Operating Procedure, after all. Perfectly understandable.

Okay. Did he have a phone? Maybe we could call his relatives.

There was nothing in his belt bag. Someone had probably snatched it in the quarter of an hour or so that he lay slumped motionless inside his pedicab before the guards arrived to check on him.

(Only the DLSU guards, by the way, did anything. There were a couple of cops and an MMDA officer on hand and they did all they could -- as passive observers.)

I felt for a pulse. Nothing. The guards performed CPR for the second time. One of the bystanders, recognizing him, had rushed to alert his relatives. He was from Munoz.

We looked desperately for a cab, an FX, a bus, another pedicab -- anything -- to take him to the hospital. A full 20 minutes ticked by, and not one of the cars stopped to pick him up, or even paused to see what was happening. Not even in Pinoy usisero spirit.

His family arrived minutes later. Amid the increasingly hysterical wails of a woman, presumably his wife, I could only catch that it was his “pangalawang beses” (Second what? Stroke? Heart attack? Seizure?)

At this point, I knew it was too late. Even a man without a medical degree can understand the first 10 minutes after a heart attack or a seizure can mean the difference beween life and death.

At this point, not one of the La Salle students streaming out of Henry Sy Hall and into their private cars bothered to look. A crowd, however, did gather around the man’s body, which was rapidly turning cold: his fellow de-padyak drivers, JC, Renzo, and the other street kids, who were flagging down occupied taxis and banging car windows to get them to pay attention. Not one of them ever did, and only a tricycle driver -- probably another relative -- finally agreed to take him to Ospital ng Maynila.

The rain was pouring down, of course, and it was rush hour. Perfectly understandable.

I, for my part, was useless, as usual. I never got the man’s name. As his family brought his body (now cold and stiff) into the pedicab, I could only watch the scene unfold. Moments like these, I would later realize, bring a certain mental clarity, a numb blankness, before questions (and guilt) start nagging at the back of one’s head.

If the man did not have to pedal in vain for hours on end, ferrying St. Scho, CSB, and DLSU students to and from the bars and discos around Taft -- in the heat and the rain, for less than a hundred pesos a day -- would he have suffered the same fate?

If he had collapsed in a sports car, carried a La Salle ID (as I did) -- or was, for instance, someone’s prized purebred pet dog and not a human being -- would De La Salle Inc. have let him in?

He was around 50 -- old enough to be my father. Did he have children? A wife? A pet dog? Could he afford maintenance meds? Did he have a doctor? Did he have health insurance?

If his family took him to a public hospital, would they have to foot the bill?

Would the doctors even care? Certainly the school hardly did.

It was half an hour or more before the guards reached the man and called for an ambulance. And none arrived. They called the police first. The man’s relatives from Munoz were ahead of them (while the PNP and MMDA officers looked on, stupefied).

Now, be fair, I’ve been told. What if the school simply was not prepared to deal with such an incident?

The university clinic doubtless has proper equipment to deal with emergency situations, in or off campus. The school has enough money to spare to refurbish our canteens and make each one look like a five-star resto -- and not enough money for the clinic? The families of La Salle students do not pay 150,000 to 200,000 thousand pesos a year for nothing.

By the time I arrived, the man had no pulse or it was so weak none of us could feel it. I felt the guards, who have doubtless received first aid training, knew what they were doing. They had administered CPR before I came.

Again, I asked if we could at least carry the man into the south gate lobby - which was just a few meters away from where he lay. The guards refused, not until they received permission from the school administration or the security office. Again I asked if a school nurse could at least come out and check on him. They had received no approval from "sa loob," so we could nothing.

Again, it was raining hard outside.

I am not blaming the guards. The La Salle guards did all they could at the time and had already gone far beyond the call of duty. I'm blaming whoever was "inside": the baboon who had neither the heart nor the brains nor the common sense to at least say, “yes, bring him in.” This is bureaucracy at its finest. The school's inaction was inexcusable whichever way you look at it.

It was also probably afraid of having to foot the bill if they had brought the man to the hospital. They would have had no such qualms if Henry Sy tripped on some sidewalk on Taft, broke his ankle, and had to be brought to the clinic, ASAP. The man can afford it, and in fact paid for his own building on campus.

So yes, this is -- at least partly -- a rich versus poor issue. Bureaucracy with all its attendant ills arises from a system that prizes efficiency more than humanity, money more than compassion and common sense. Social insensitivity is part and parcel of a system that has normalized inequality, promotes fear and distrust of the “other” -- especially the “rabble on the streets” that we would rather flush away.

Are we being unfair to the school? Perhaps. But there is no fair play when a man's life is at stake and we did nothing, when we could have done everything. And I say “we” -- because I am as much involved in what happened, and what is happening (to the university and to the wider world) as the baboon inside.

We are told, at times like these, not to overreact, not to be emotional. That it happens all the time. That there is nothing we can do. That children and old men collapse of neglect, starvation, or sheer exhaustion, every single day. That they die ignominious deaths out on the streets, in slums, in war zones, in prisons, in dumpsites, in distant lands far from their families.

That they drop dead like flies -- as nameless in death as in birth. The fact is: The way we treat these nameless millions in death is in direct correlation with the way we regard them in life.

That is, like trash. To be flushed out of the streets.

I am struck at the callousness of universities that earn tens of millions of pesos to teach their students how not to give a damn about the plight of the rest of society, in the world beyond their white walls, beyond their conscience-tight, air-conditioned classrooms.

As though money can ever shield young people from reality. But they end up blinded, not immunized.

I am struck at the reality of how cheap life is, in a society that wears its values and casts them off when they prove inconvenient; casts them off like they shrug off countless, nameless millions because they are somehow beneath us.

It’s as cheap as our collective hypocrisy.

http://www.interaksyon.com/article/64936/inhumanity-of-indifference--padyak-driver-dies-in-front-of-passing-pedestrians-near-dlsu-taft
tsk tsk..
ano ba naman yan..

vicces

• VIP Member

its called bystander effect, it happens a lot, and not just in our society or in la salle taft. there have been cases of women getting gang raped in public places, or persons getting mugged and nobody bothered to help. its a crowd behavior.

kabaliktaran nyan yung, kuyog... may mahuling mandurukot at masapak ng isa, kukuyugin na ng taumbayan hanggang mapatay nila (minsan)...

freefront

• VIP 4500
324 Calamba Laguna starabakes <-the first one going up Tagaytay, with the 3- tiered very, very, very steep driveway  :D  Don't worry about the chin of your car hitting the floor when you rest on the 3 landings of the entryway. Never happened in the 1 hour we were there. What you have to worry about, is getting out of there.

This is fun  :D And really, there's nothing to worry about. Because it's either your grey matter starts to work to save your tires or the guard/excellent parking attentant  who carries with him wood blocks for kalso will talk you thru' it, while the rest of the customers will join in for the Spectator Sports: How to get out of 324 Starbucks without losing face  :hihi:

Anyway: Black SUV., first attempt- fail. He screeched for the last yard, retraced back to the first tier parking lot. Bwelo. Took a hard swing to the left, and ended up in a cloud of black smoke. Goes back down to the 2nd tier parking lot. Let's out the wife and 3 full grown sons. Now, it's just him and all the rest of the people watching. Guard positions him facing straight up and waves him to go for it. Last 6 inches---I swear- that point where the front wheels would have been on the level of the road---- black cloud of smoke and screeching sounds again!

Driver talked to parking attendant, backed up to the first-tier parking lot, turned right to go back down the exit ramp, points the rear of his SUV towards the exit---it's a Chevrolet SUV--- and went up like a knife cutting thru' butter. Real smooth.

I jump up from my seat, pump my fists up in a victory pose, hollered "WOOHOO!", and gave enthusiastic claps like the rest of the audience did. It was a relief. Can't let any guy lose face in that situation, yaknow.  I would have whistled, too, but i never learned how because I always thought jamming your fingers in your mouth just to make annoying noises is not in any way ladylike.

Turns out, the chevy is a front wheel drive. That's all they told me. So, I ventured to try an explanation. It means it cannot pull it's own weight in that steep incline, but it can manage to push it's heavy backside up that same incline? Da boys said: yep.  :D end of story.

I swear, the other cars had no problems. even the low-end vios. And it's worth it going into that store. It has 3 levels following the contour of the mountain, both indoor and outdoor spaces that allows a great vantage point for Taal Lake and the volcano. And a fireplace somewhere. I got lucky. A sweet lady let me carry her Shitzu baby until her dad came around to pick her up.

freefront

• VIP 4500
In the guise of RDPD author's "Killing the Sacred Cows" (those long held beliefs that we hold dear about how to get rich. Don't know if eschewing the notion of having an emergency fund is one of them, though.)

Why Emergency Funds Are A Bad Idea
By Greg McFarlane on December 31, 2013   

Along with changing your oil every 3,000 miles and checking your child’s trick-or-treat bag for weaponized apples, the common advice to create an emergency fund is overly prudent. All you need is an objective understanding of risk to realize that there are far better places to put your money than an inert account that can’t enrich you.

The most recognizable personal finance mavens are almost unanimous in their advocacy of the emergency fund as a vital part of any common-sense financial plan. Their recommendations differ only on size – three months’, six months’, perhaps eight months’ worth of living expenses are enough to accommodate whatever misfortune might befall you. But to what end? And do people really listen, or are these just empty dicta written to take up space?

Do the Math

First of all, exactly how much money are we talking about here? Per capita income in the United States is $42,693, and the personal saving rate is 4.9%. Assuming an effective tax rate of 20%, and using the conservative recommendation to sock away eight months’ worth of living expenses, that means it’d take about $22,000 to create a sufficiently stocked emergency fund. Even using the three months’ figure, you’d still need $10,000 for an emergency fund that passes the muster of convention. If those numbers sound high, or even if they don’t, understand that in the U.S. the average credit card holder carries $5,200 in balances. Americans are also carrying a cumulative $1.2 trillion in student loan debt, which dwarfs the credit-card debt on a per-borrower basis.

In other words, the math doesn’t come close to working out on emergency funds. If the experts are going to issue a blanket recommendation to millions of people that they should all create a buffer to tie them over in unforeseen circumstances, it would make far more sense to say, “Instead of amassing an account that pays you 0%, or a few basis points above that, maybe you should focus on closing out an account or two that’s paying you -15%.”

Clear Debt First

It’s easy to insist that emergency funds are crucial for everyone, while ignoring just what position the average household’s finances are in. If you’re carrying credit card debt, student loan debt, or both, then building cash reserves for the purpose of anything other than paying down those debts should be the last thing on your mind. Of course, the more economically you live and the more money you make, the better positioned you are to create an emergency fund. But this is where the irony lies. Because, as a rule, the folks who are diligent enough to live without consumer debt usually pay their bills on time. They do not impoverish themselves so they or their offspring can attend college, and they do not spend extravagantly. They are also the ones who are going to be least prone to emergencies, and thus least in need of any emergency fund.

Perhaps you’re worried about the transmission falling out of your car, which would necessitate a $3,000 repair. If you feel that the prospect of this problem warrants creating an emergency fund, but you’re already carrying enough debt to cover three or four transmission replacements, the sad news is this: your emergency has already begun. It began several thousand dollars ago.

If you’re going to minimize risk for yourself or your family – a noble task in and of itself – society has already developed several methods for doing so, any of which you can use to your advantage. Worried about a debilitating illness or injury? We have health insurance for that. Not only will a comprehensive health plan cost less than a regulation emergency fund, the former is earmarked for a specific purpose. The same goes for the fear, however irrational, of a cataclysmic car accident. Again, we have auto insurance. If you’re really that concerned about worst-case scenarios, spending a few dollars raising your coverage limits to the maximum makes far more sense than does spending thousands more on an emergency fund.

But What If I Lose My Job?

Well, what if you do? There’s this thing called unemployment insurance. You’ve been paying into it for years. We also have a workforce in which 93% of those who want jobs have them. Chronic unemployment, or underemployment, is not the province of that class of people who have the wherewithal to defer spending long enough to save up several months’ of living expenses.

The call to create an emergency fund strikes undue fear, convincing people that the lack of such a fund must precipitate financial ruin. One prominent financial authority, Dave Ramsey, even cites “unexpected pregnancy” as a reason to build an emergency fund, leaving open the question of whether there exists anyone on the planet who is simultaneously a) responsible enough to set aside six months’ of living expenses, yet b) not so responsible that they don’t know how to prevent a pregnancy. #The author is American. In the Phils., a) and b) will definitely start arguments with  lots of stupidity and doses of religion thrown in.

If you’ve already built an emergency fund and are torn over whether you should dip into it to
•   buy a plane ticket to interview for a promising new job,
•   replace your dying car with something more reliable, or 
•   remove your old carpet that’s shredding to bits and lay over the underlayment with tile,
understand that those aren’t emergencies. Those are merely life.

The Bottom Line

Should you be among the subset of the population that enjoys positive net worth and has taken steps to reduce the possibility of being impacted by an emergency, congratulations. But understand that that’s all the more reason not to create an emergency fund. Because an emergency fund is supposed to be easily accessible and liquid, the recommended vehicle for it is usually a savings account. Savings accounts don’t even keep pace with inflation, meaning that an emergency fund is a money-losing proposition over the long term. Take the money you’d otherwise devote to an emergency fund, put it in something even as humble as a certificate of deposit (CD) (if not a higher-risk blue chip stock or bond fund), and you’d be building wealth instead of watching it methodically diminish.Taking the time to build an emergency fund, and forgoing consumption for months while doing so, is a staggeringly inefficient use of the precious and limited resource that is your money.

freefront

• VIP 4500
http://nymag.com/news/features/money-brain-2012-7/

Does money make you mean?

There is another study that says, people driving expensive cars are more likely to break rules and less likely to extend road courtesies than drivers in cheaper/old model cars. # Experiment done in civilized countries where there is a law that says, as soon as a pedestrian steps on the road, cars should stop to let them pass.

vicces

• VIP Member
5 trends in Pinoys' porn-viewing habits
ABS-CBNnews.com
Posted at 01/24/2014 3:58 AM | Updated as of 01/24/2014 3:58 AM

MANILA -- Pornhub, which claims to be the largest pornographic website with an average of 35 million visitors per day, has released figures specific to the traffic it gets from the Philippines, offering an insight into Filipinos' preference when it comes to porn.

The website recently released the statistics as a review of its 2013 traffic, highlighting five trends or facts about its Filipino users:

1. Filipinos watch porn late at night.

The most popular time among Filipinos visitors of Pornhub to access the website, according to its 2013 data, is between 11 p.m. and 1 a.m. The least popular time is from 4 a.m. to 7 a.m.

2. "Pinay" is the most popular search term on Pornhub among Filipinos.

Combining data from both desktop computers and mobile devices, Pornhub said the most popular search terms from the Philippines are "pinay" and "filipina." Notably, "japanese" and "teens" trail these two terms. Other popular topics among Filipinos on the website are "virgin," "pinoy," "tommy anders," "feet," and "first time."

3. On average, Filipinos spend 13 minutes on Pornhub per visit.

Filipinos users of the website, both on desktop computers and mobile devices, spend an average of 13 minutes and 8 seconds per visit. According to Pornhub's data, Filipinos, on average, visit around 9 pages within this span of time.

4. The Philippines ranked 15th in worldwide mobile traffic last year.

According Pornhub, the Philippines only ranked 26th in terms of the number of visitors to its website using desktop computers, but ranked 15th worldwide in terms of traffic from mobile devices.

5. 37% of Filipino Pornhub viewers used mobile devices in 2013.

While desktop computers were still the most popular means to access the website among Filipinos at 53%, those who used mobile devices was also considerably high at 37%. The remaining 10% used tablets.

vicces

• VIP Member

>>> meaning it takes 'em 13mins to jerk off? #alamna

mikoangelo

• VIP 3500
 :think: I can do it in a shorter time...

^ browsing..

mikoangelo

• VIP 3500
Billionaire who offered £40million to anyone who could 'turn' his lesbian daughter straight doubles his offer after 20,000 would-be suitors failed

read more

pilyong_husband

• Forum Expert 600

>>> meaning it takes 'em 13mins to jerk off? #alamna

Their internet connections are too slow, it takes them 13 minutes just to load the page :D
« Last Edit: Jan 24, 2014, 01:15 PM by pilyong_husband »

vicces

• VIP Member

Combining data from both desktop computers and mobile devices, Pornhub said the most popular search terms from the Philippines are "pinay" and "filipina." Notably, "japanese" and "teens" trail these two terms. Other popular topics among Filipinos on the website are "virgin," "pinoy," "tommy anders," "feet," and "first time."

tommy anders?? di ko yta alam yan... pski-explain mikoangelow at PH...

katkatmachine

• Forum Expert 600

2. "Pinay" is the most popular search term on Pornhub among Filipinos.

yung female friendly section lang alam ko jan  :hihi:

vicces

• VIP Member
ilang minutes ave. porn-browsing timemo katkat? :think:

katkatmachine

• Forum Expert 600
ilang minutes ave. porn-browsing timemo katkat? :think:

mabagal yung internet eh. mga 10-15 minutes na ipapaload muna para di putol-putol

mikoangelo

• VIP 3500
pssst kat...sang site ka nanonood...  :think:

katkatmachine

• Forum Expert 600
pssst kat...sang site ka nanonood...  :think:

yung may female friendly category nga. ikaw sir miko? san ba?  :think:

vicces

• VIP Member
mabagal yung internet eh. mga 10-15 minutes na ipapaload muna para di putol-putol
twing kelan ka nanood, twing gabi, o pag namimiss mo c labidabs o twing nanjan c labidabs? :scratch:

katkatmachine

• Forum Expert 600
twing kelan ka nanood, twing gabi, o pag namimiss mo c labidabs o twing nanjan c labidabs? :scratch:

pagkasama ko mga sisses ko sa org namin nung college. naghohost kami ng party sa resort sa laguna, parang sisses night out, then yung piniplay sa background ay porn. nakaprojector para big screen.

hindi pa kami nanonood ni labidabs together ng porn. though parang magandang idea yun ah...  :think:

mikoangelo

• VIP 3500
yung may female friendly category nga. ikaw sir miko? san ba?  :think:

di ako nood sa net..I have my own collection.. :laugh:

pagkasama ko mga sisses ko sa org namin nung college. naghohost kami ng party sa resort sa laguna, parang sisses night out, then yung piniplay sa background ay porn. nakaprojector para big screen.

pano ba sumali sa org nyo?

can I join  please...pwetty pwetty pleaseeee

katkatmachine

• Forum Expert 600
di ako nood sa net..I have my own collection.. :laugh:

pano ba sumali sa org nyo?

can I join  please...pwetty pwetty pleaseeee

sir try mo sa net, sa pornhub may educational porn dun. nakakatuwa. parang nagdedemo kung papano gagawin.  :hihi:

bawal sumali sa org. pang-sisses alng yun.  :harhar:

vicces

• VIP Member
sir try mo sa net, sa pornhub may educational porn dun. nakakatuwa. parang nagdedemo kung papano gagawin.  :hihi:

bawal sumali sa org. pang-sisses alng yun.  :harhar:
pssst, bawal magporn sa opis!!!

ano ba yan group nyo, org-Y? :D may mga kababalaghan ba kyong ginawa pgktpos manood? ;) pwede mmn kmi mghonorary members, we wont participate, we'll just watch and cheer.  :watchuthink:

alam ba ng sisses mo na may malisya ka sa girls?

vicces

• VIP Member
katkat, sana wala kang ganitong problema-- NSFW (not safe for work) :hihi:
« Last Edit: Jan 24, 2014, 06:41 PM by vicces »

pilyong_husband

• Forum Expert 600
porn thread :D

kinokorrupt nio isip namin

regor

• Forum Expert 500
oo nga bawal sa katulad naming mga bata yan.,

katkatmachine

• Forum Expert 600
katkat, sana wala kang ganitong problema-- NSFW (not safe for work) :hihi:

big boob problem? sana nga meron na lang. matagal ko ng hinihiling na magkaproblema ako ng ganyan kaso wala!!! wala!!! wala!!! lintek!  :rant:

katkatmachine

• Forum Expert 600
pssst, bawal magporn sa opis!!!

ano ba yan group nyo, org-Y? :D may mga kababalaghan ba kyong ginawa pgktpos manood? ;) pwede mmn kmi mghonorary members, we wont participate, we'll just watch and cheer.  :watchuthink:

alam ba ng sisses mo na may malisya ka sa girls?

hahaha. katuaan lang yun no. nanonood lang kami habang party/inom. wala kaming ibang ginagawa! kung ano ano kasi iniisip niyo eh!  :harhar:

oo. out ako sa buong mundo except sa parents ko at sa officemates ko. hahahah  :D

katkatmachine

• Forum Expert 600
woah! look what happened to vhong navarro! kala siguro niya booty call, ayan! nabugbog tuloy siya!

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/01/24/14/look-vhong-navarro-beaten-black-and-blue

GoodSteward

• VIP 3500
^bully call pala...hehe

hope he recovers soon...

vicces

• VIP Member
woah! look what happened to vhong navarro! kala siguro niya booty call, ayan! nabugbog tuloy siya!

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/01/24/14/look-vhong-navarro-beaten-black-and-blue
cno b daw un babae? booty call nga ba? lesson learned: wag masyadong horny totoy bibo... kaya nga may porn... :hihi:

Homeboy

• Forum Expert 500
^ weird. ndi man lang "inimbitahan" sa police station yung "friend" na umimbita sa kanya. Baka may atraso c Vhong kaya binugbog.

katkatmachine

• Forum Expert 600
this is so me!!!!!!!!!!!! too bad narealize lang ito ng girlfriend ko nung kami na!  :hihi:

https://medium.com/better-humans/802c49b9141c

freefront

• VIP 4500
^ weird. ndi man lang "inimbitahan" sa police station yung "friend" na umimbita sa kanya. Baka may atraso c Vhong kaya binugbog.

Very weird. Lalo na yung it took him 3 days before naipaalam in the whole Ppines about his misadventure. Hindi lang takot na masira ang career nya at madamay ang anak at pamilya nya.  He was the one who was sexually violated and it was recorded on video, too.

vicces

• VIP Member
I'm waiting for the video to get "leaked" intentionally...

http://entertainment.inquirer.net/132165/vhong-navarro-claims-deniece-cornejo-performed-oral-sex-on-him

MANILA, Philippines — The plot has thickened and the characters get in heat.

In the affidavit of television host Ferdinand “Vhong” Navarro that the National Bureau of Investigation filed in the Department of Justice Tuesday afternoon, he claimed that his supposed rape victim Deniece Millet Cornejo had performed oral sex on him in their meeting before the alleged mauling.

According to the affidavit, before the sexual activity, Navarro and Cornejo met at the latter’s unit at Forbeswood Heights Condominium at Bonifacio Global City and consumed a bottle of white wine then proceeded to kiss each other.

“After consuming one bottle of white wine, they made out and it led to oral sex…,” the affidavit said, though the date when the incident happened was not given.

In the affidavit, Navarro and Cornejo met at a sneaker store a couple of years ago wherein they exchanged their contact details resulting to a friendship between the two.

It added that their communication abruptly ended but resumed two months ago through Facebook and Viber.

It also said that on January 22, the date of the alleged beating up of Navarro courtesy of Cedric Lee and his friends, Cornejo invited Navarro to have dinner at her place.

According to the document, when Navarro was inside Cornejo’s unit, two men came out of the room and one pointed a gun at the comedian-TV host. They then tied and blindfolded Navarro and simultaneously rained blows on him.

During the beating, Navarro claimed that he heard several people enter the unit who joined in attacking him. Navarro said these men then pulled his trousers down and removed his blindfold.

Navarro then claimed that, while he was naked, video cameras were pointed at him and that the perpetrators ordered him to utter “Ako si Vhong, ni-rape ko ang kaibigan ko.” (I am Vhong and I raped my friend).

According to the affidavit, Cornejo and Lee conspired on the alleged crime saying that the two “are in harmony in doing their acts.”

It said that Cornejo and Lee agreed on their actions to attain their goal of restraining the liberty of Navarro as they threatened to kill him and his family and exact a payment of P2 million from Navarro’s alleged rape.

vicces

• VIP Member

postscript:

The elements of the crime of serious illegal detention under Article 267 of the Revised Penal Code are:

1. That the offender is a private individual;

2. That he kidnaps or detains another, or in any manner deprives the latter of his liberty;

3. That the act of detention is illegal, not being ordered by any competent authority nor allowed by law;

4. That any of the following circumstances is present:

a. That the detention lasts for more than five (5) days; or

b. That it is committed by simulating public authority; or

c. That any serious physical injuries are inflicted upon the person kidnapped or threats to kill him shall have been made; or

d. That the person kidnapped or detained is a minor, female, or a public officer.

**Serious Illegal Detention is non-bailable. Same crime that got Napoles arrested and detained.

freefront

• VIP 4500
SERIOUS ILLEGAL DETENTION- NON BAILABLE.

I would so seriously illegal detention their asses before anything else....

vicces

• VIP Member
another "he said, she said" case that started more than 2 decades ago..

An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow (1 Feb 2014)

What’s your favorite Woody Allen movie? Before you answer, you should know: when I was seven years old, Woody Allen took me by the hand and led me into a dim, closet-like attic on the second floor of our house. He told me to lay on my stomach and play with my brother’s electric train set. Then he sexually assaulted me. He talked to me while he did it, whispering that I was a good girl, that this was our secret, promising that we’d go to Paris and I’d be a star in his movies. I remember staring at that toy train, focusing on it as it traveled in its circle around the attic. To this day, I find it difficult to look at toy trains.

[click ^title to read full article]

...and then Woody Allen responds (7 Feb 2014)...

Woody Allen Speaks Out

TWENTY-ONE years ago, when I first heard Mia Farrow had accused me of child molestation, I found the idea so ludicrous I didn’t give it a second thought. We were involved in a terribly acrimonious breakup, with great enmity between us and a custody battle slowly gathering energy. The self-serving transparency of her malevolence seemed so obvious I didn’t even hire a lawyer to defend myself. It was my show business attorney who told me she was bringing the accusation to the police and I would need a criminal lawyer.

xxx

Of course, I did not molest Dylan. I loved her and hope one day she will grasp how she has been cheated out of having a loving father and exploited by a mother more interested in her own festering anger than her daughter’s well-being. Being taught to hate your father and made to believe he molested you has already taken a psychological toll on this lovely young woman, and Soon-Yi and I are both hoping that one day she will understand who has really made her a victim and reconnect with us, as Moses has, in a loving, productive way. No one wants to discourage abuse victims from speaking out, but one must bear in mind that sometimes there are people who are falsely accused and that is also a terribly destructive thing. (This piece will be my final word on this entire matter and no one will be responding on my behalf to any further comments on it by any party. Enough people have been hurt.)

[click ^title to read the full article]

ika nga ni Dr. Gregory House, "EVERYBODY LIES."

mikoangelo

• VIP 3500

Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite.

yllor

• PMT Idol 1000
psssttt...
New Doha International Airport (NDIA) yung background photo... at yung unang design pa ito..

vicces

• VIP Member
para dun sa may ka-blind date  at iba pang makakarelate..

http://m.wikihow.com/Date-a-Lawyer

How to Date a Lawyer

If you have a certain lawyer in your sights and want to find a way to make him/her yours you’ll need to take a few things into consideration. Lawyers have their own way of doing things, whether you are dating a hard-nosed criminal defense attorney or a passionate environmental lawyer, figuring out how to make him/her happy while feeding your soul and maintaining your independence is the name of the game.

Tips and Warnings

1  Understand that the firm “owns” your target. In most cases, unless your attorney works for the government, his/her entire career is based on billable hours. This means that the law firm partners will be counting on the attorney to work on cases as often as possible--including weekends and evenings.

Be cool when he/she has to cancel dinner or weekend plans. Be flexible with your time and understand that if he/she has to cancel at the last time, the decision may not be his/her own.

Ask about your attorney date’s goals. He/she may want to make partner relatively quickly, which means that more hours in the office or in court may be required.

Have a flexible approach to dating. You may have arranged for a romantic dinner for two at a restaurant that took months to obtain a reservation, but then he/she has to work. Instead of sulking or ditching him/her, create a picnic dinner and show up at the office instead.

2  Prepare to have spirited conversations. While not all attorneys thrive on full-blown debate opportunities with everyone, chances are if you are dating a lawyer, he/she will enjoy engaging in lively conversation on a variety of topics.

Avoid being intimidated by his/her law degree if you are in a debate. Just because your date went to law school does not put him/her in a position of power over you. Be confident in your own knowledge and intelligence and be comfortable to discuss a wide range of topics.

Learn when to agree to disagree. There’s no point getting into a spat over a difference of opinion. While perhaps your attorney mate may be used to a fiery conversation with colleagues and then go back to business as usual, let him/her know that once things get a little too heated you’d rather just agree to disagree (rather than get into a knock down, drag out fight).

Identify topics that are off limits. Perhaps its politics or religion, but find those hot button topics that make your blood boil (and where you differ in opinion) and agree to leave those topics off the table.

3  Embrace your own career and independence. An attorney is going to be happier dating someone who is just was passionate about his/her career so instead of waiting for the phone to ring, dig deep into your job or passion.

Adopt the “work hard, play hard” mantra. If you put in a 12-hour day you may not feel like hitting the clubs after work. However, commit to a fun activity once the weekend hits such as a pub-crawl, venturing into the city or even getting out of town.

Make him/her wait for you sometimes too. Your attorney boyfriend/girlfriend doesn’t dump work the minute you snap your fingers so don’t be expected to do the same every time he/she has a free minute.

Decide whether you will discuss work while on dates or leave it behind. Some couples do better if work is kept out of the relationship, whereas others thrive on discussing what they did during their professional day.

4  Decide if this is the life for you. If you prefer to date someone who can be at your beck and call at a moment’s notice you may be better off dating someone from another profession.

Many non-attorney spouses spend a considerable amount of time on their own. Whether he/she is in trial or traveling, getting serious with an attorney may mean that you won’t have as much time together as you would with someone from another discipline.

Look beyond the money. While many attorneys make a sizable income, it comes at a price. Decide what is most important to you--can you live comfortably, but with limited time with your partner or is money not enough?

Tips

Try to figure out when you are being played. If you are dating a trial lawyer, he/she most likely possess the power of persuasion. Stick to your ideals and goals and don’t let anyone sway you from your original focus.

Learn from your attorney boyfriend/girlfriend. Dating a lawyer is a great time to glean more information about their job. Typically lawyers are a potpourri of information so ask an environmental lawyer about global warming or find out more about the criminal justice system from a prosecutor.

Attorneys love proof during a debate, so when having a rousing discussion be able to cite sources for that double whammy.

... and if you hit it off well and the thing gets more serious, realize that its not gonna get easier...

http://m.wikihow.com/Stay-Married-to-an-Attorney

How to Stay Married to an Attorney

Marrying an attorney seemed like a good idea in the beginning but as the years increased, you began to understand the high divorce rate for attorneys. While at times being married to an attorney may be frustrating, you can do it without losing your mind.

Understanding the Attorney's Thinking Process

1 Understand the way an attorney thinks. Law school changes the way a person thinks. This is intentional on the school’s part and is done to properly prepare an attorney for the line of work they are entering. Everyday a law student reads, studies, and analyzes case after case in preparation for their next class. The professor then selects a random student and verbally quizzes them about one of the cases until they fail. The questions at first are open-ended, meaning that multiple answers can be correct, and then rapidly become close-ended, meaning that there is a right or wrong answer. This is called the Socratic Method of teaching, which has been used effectively as a training method for centuries.

2 Work with the thinking. By understanding how your spouse has been trained to think and working with that way of thinking instead of against it, you can minimize the disagreements and reduce the tension at home. Moreover, this understanding will help you to understand how futile it is to try and change your attorney spouse (indeed, it's futile to try and change any spouse). Instead, change your response and get over the idea that your spouse needs to change for you. After all, they will not be an attorney for long if they abandon the way they were taught to think in law school.

Dealing with Questions

1 Expect questioning. This should be your “ah-ha” moment. It probably started innocently enough with an open-ended question from your attorney spouse. You answered the question but then, for some reason, your spouse did not like the response and began asking question after question until you became so confused that you just said whatever you needed to just to end the discussion. Thinking that turn-around is fair play, you then attempt the same tactic only to find that you are shut-down after the first remark. This leaves you angry and confused; however, if you try to verbalize your emotions, the response is generally unsympathetic.

Don't take this personally. Remind yourself of how the attorney has been trained to think and instead, work on dealing with your spouse in ways that manage around the question problem.

2 Don’t ask questions. Your attorney spouse has a black-belt in answering questions the way they should have been asked, dodging questions they don’t want to answer, and anticipating your line of questioning long before you might even know where you are headed. So don’t ask questions, especially if you already know the answer and are trying to get your spouse on your side. This will backfire every time.

3 Change from questions to making clarifying statements. Instead of using questions, say what you mean. For example, say “I want pizza for dinner” instead of “what do you want for dinner”. “We are going to the Jones’ house for dinner” instead of “do you want to go to the Jones’ house for dinner”. Of course, be careful not to sound too bossy in your statements because that will only be met with resistance. But it's good assertiveness practice to express your wants rather than leaving yourself open to someone else's expectations.

Keeping Things Simple

1  Don’t over explain. Your attorney spouse is already likely to over explain nearly everything and have multiple reasons for even simple tasks. From your side of things, don’t fall into this trap and add to the over explanation. If you do, your spouse is likely to find the hole in your explanation and then the entire discussion becomes questionable. For if one small part of the argument is wrong, then the whole thing can be thrown out. The best way to avoid this is by not over explaining. If you have to repeat the same explanation over again, this is preferable to going on and on. Let your “yes” be “yes” and your “no” be “no” and keep your statements simple.

The "broken record" approach often promoted by cognitive behavioral therapists is useful here; it may sound repetitive (because it is) but it will totally clarify that you mean what you're saying and that you're not straying from it for any reason.

2  Keep your emotions out of the conversation. Your attorney spouse has been trained to keep their emotions in check while inciting the other person to get into an emotional state. This is done because if the other person gets emotional, then their arguments are not likely to be as rational and therefore can be easily broken down. If this is something your spouse is trying out on you too, play the by the same rules and keep your own emotions in check too, during the disagreement. This is easier said than done and it takes some practice but it can also take heat out of the argument and give you clear thinking space.

There is nothing wrong with taking a break if you feel out of control and agreeing to discuss the matter later. But then you must discuss it fairly soon afterward, as in within the next 24 hours, or you will be met with additional and avoidable frustration.

Tips

None of this lets your spouse off the hook of trying harder. There is no harm in discussing how you perceive your spouse's style of interaction with you and asking that the lawyering approach be left at the door when he or she comes home. And marriage counseling may also be appropriate if you don't feel as if a simple conversation about civil interactions is making leeway––attorneys understand the occasional need for mediators.

freefront

• VIP 4500
^they come with users manual guide? cool!

vicces

• VIP Member

freefront

• VIP 4500
^ when do you whip out the Users manual to do list of instructions guide?  :hihi:

vicces

• VIP Member
^ when do you whip out the Users manual to do list of instructions guide?  :hihi:
sweetie, note #2 Don’t ask questions. :)

That upstairs is actually for you, so you'd be able to distinguish psychopath from lawyer, and lawyer-psychopath. :hihi:

bajoyjoy

• PMT Idol 1500
^they come with users manual guide? cool!

Hahaha! Nasopla na naman si vector... :P

freefront

• VIP 4500
sweetie, note #2 Don’t ask questions. :)

How boring.

That upstairs is actually for you, so you'd be able to distinguish psychopath from lawyer, and lawyer-psychopath. :hihi:

Thanks, but, no thanks. I can get the part about the way your brain were re-wired and short-circuited in law school but I won't go as far as lumping your breed in one box. Everybody starts with being human. Whether you deserve to be called all sorts of animals later, is up to you.

Speaking of psychopath---it's not funny. Repulsive and scary comes to mind when you realize what that is. And i think I used the wrong kind of smile to describe it. It was a secret smile of glee.

Hahaha! Nasopla na naman si vector... :P

Did you come across any item above about yanking somebody's chain  :D

PMT Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Post only questions or comments here. Advertisements NOT ALLOWED.
  • Doni_megaworld: good morning guys!
    Today at 09:47 AM
  • Doni_megaworld: work work
    Yesterday at 02:47 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: What's good in this afternoon?
    Yesterday at 02:01 PM
  • Doni_megaworld: agreed
    May 25, 2020, 03:30 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: @lyndrey depende siguro sa seller, so kung mag order kayo online much better na kilala niyo at trusted
    May 25, 2020, 02:29 PM
  • Doni_megaworld: kumusta? sino mga online?
    May 24, 2020, 03:24 PM
  • lyndrey: Do not buy PPE online. Either expensive overpriced or totally damaged or cannot be used
    May 24, 2020, 01:37 PM
  • lyndrey: Online Scammers/online shopping cheats are active with stay at home regimen.
    May 24, 2020, 01:34 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: @razee22 Parang di na po nacoconvert into money ang load po.
    May 12, 2020, 04:07 PM
  • razee22: any advised or recommendation?
    May 12, 2020, 11:16 AM
  • razee22: Paano po ba iconvert ang load into money like Paypal, Paymaya or Gcash?
    May 12, 2020, 11:15 AM
  • razee22: paano po ba iconvert ang load into money? Paypal or Gcash
    May 12, 2020, 11:14 AM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Hellooooo, okay lang ba kayo dyannnn?
    May 11, 2020, 11:40 AM
  • theimprobableone: hi
    May 05, 2020, 11:37 AM
  • freelance_treasure_hunter: hello all...
    Apr 28, 2020, 04:26 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Can someone save me?
    Mar 24, 2020, 01:39 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: I'm tired.
    Mar 24, 2020, 01:39 PM
  • Victorvargas: Hello sa lahat po new lang po dito. Hope na marami matutunan ako about business.
    Mar 21, 2020, 09:43 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Yoh, its been a while.
    Mar 17, 2020, 10:33 AM
  • demi07: Hello everyone! New in pinoymoneytalk :)
    Mar 14, 2020, 01:24 PM
  • theappswitch: Hi!
    Feb 25, 2020, 03:14 PM
  • mike2020: hi po sa inyo lahat
    Feb 23, 2020, 11:52 PM
  • Jayjayqwe: hi po
    Feb 19, 2020, 11:27 PM
  • tirs d pip: hello
    Feb 18, 2020, 02:32 PM
  • Ace1105: Hello sa lahat...  :hello:
    Feb 07, 2020, 09:46 AM
  • FREYAHYARA: Anyone knows where Ig shops like styledom.ph, thriftme, instashoppeavenu and the likes get their items for selling. Would like to venture in the same business but would like to know where and who the suppliers are
    Jan 28, 2020, 09:38 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: To bpc85 kung nakalagay ang inyong names sa beneficiary list ng iyong ama kay may makukuha po kayo.
    Nov 28, 2019, 02:18 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Hellooooo, its been a while. :)
    Nov 28, 2019, 02:16 PM
  • miakashidou31: hi , meron po ba ditong nagta transfer sa paypal?
    Nov 05, 2019, 01:46 PM
  • whennedy: good noon po
    Oct 18, 2019, 12:04 PM
  • edzlpdac: goood day po sa lahat!
    Oct 12, 2019, 03:37 PM
  • bpc85: ask lng sana ako kung may makukuha ba kami ng Mama ko at ako or mga kapatid ko sa benepisyo ng aming Ama bilang membro ng AFPSLAI. thank you po.
    Sep 27, 2019, 12:52 PM
  • bpc85: Hi guys, im new here,.
    Sep 27, 2019, 12:52 PM
  • Anaperdi: Hi just want to know if meron dito who is into boundary hulog ng motorcycle? For mga riders ng courier. Pwede ba magpashare how it works? Naisip ko lang baka pwede ko ibusiness, meron na pala mga posts online pero di pa clear ang system sa akin. thank  you sa makakapansin
    Sep 21, 2019, 11:32 AM
  • Anaperdi: Hi newbie here..
    Sep 21, 2019, 11:19 AM
  • jprios: May contact ba kayo kung sakali?
    Sep 18, 2019, 06:11 PM
  • jprios: Sino pwedeng mahiraman dito?
    Sep 18, 2019, 06:09 PM
  • kfg52: Present!
    Sep 15, 2019, 07:26 PM
  • juju31: san po ba may nag papahiram dito
    Sep 14, 2019, 07:18 PM
  • juju31: hello
    Sep 14, 2019, 07:18 PM
  • FutureGizmo: Thanks julz! Medyo ganun nga trabaho namin ngayon, to monitor spam posts kasi ang daming spam bots. But thanks for reporting. Auto-ban agad ang spammers sa amin haha
    Sep 07, 2019, 12:17 PM
  • julz: @FutureGizmo si @nikkikv18 just posted more than 10 posts about porn sites. hay, spam.
    Sep 03, 2019, 01:05 PM
  • Cid_brent: sino po dyan pwede magbigay send ng paypal funds and I will pay you using gcash?
    Aug 25, 2019, 08:58 PM
  • Meghan91811: Sino po may alam about Rice Farming...
    Aug 25, 2019, 07:44 AM
  • roselove: hello po sa inyo... newbie here
    Aug 06, 2019, 03:31 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Sino palaging active dito?
    Jul 30, 2019, 04:15 PM
  • dagocjasonrey: Anong update dito?
    Jul 22, 2019, 08:49 PM
  • mark_Lee: anong bago dito
    Jun 28, 2019, 01:03 AM
  • mark_Lee: balita
    Jun 28, 2019, 01:03 AM