PMT Forum

News: The **7 Most Popular PMT boards** are now on top! Check out the Forum homepage!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Would You Accept P5M and allow your mother’s death be A Day earlier?  (Read 5011 times)

Offline jaolave23

• Thanks Received: 0
question for everyone: why is this hypothetical scenario not worth thinking about?
Invest in Your Future! --> Pera ko 'to! - Personal Finance for Filipinos living in the Philippines and overseas.

Offline vicces

• VIP Member
what do you mean? the fact that ur asking that question means ur thinking about it..
"If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor." Albert Einstein

Offline Marcelianox

Mom just said she agrees...  :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

PMT Forum

* * * * * sponsored links * * * * *

Offline cjoy

^ No morphine, huh? :D

Offline vicces

• VIP Member
@bp22, your situation is more relevant to euthanasia, which is really a completely different debate. here you wont be pulling the plug yourself or anything of that sort.. the kind of death in the question may even be sudden like an accident or instant heart attack...

anyway, since ur answer is related to a real-life situation/experience, i guess ur answer is an unequivocal NO...

Post Merge: Nov 10, 2011, 10:38 PM
^cjoy, u havent given ur answer yet...

@marcelianox, ur mom for real? i guess moms have a different point of view on this whole thing...

mga moms ng PMT kaya anong masasabi...
« Last Edit: Nov 10, 2011, 10:38 PM by vicces »
"If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor." Albert Einstein

Offline kimerran

• Forum Tambay
  • http://moneygizmo.net
my short answer is NO. :)

PMT Forum

Offline samsam

as a mom (a dying mother in this case), my answer is yes.. but as a daughter, no.

Offline wintan2006

• PMT Jedi
          ^ "sige anak kunin mo na yan" well ,that is me ha.I was asked the same question before kung sino ang sasagipin kung asawa or nanay mo, my reply went like this" if i were the mom,i will ask my son to save his wife,i am old na kasi by that time at dun rin ang patutunguhan ko.

Offline samsam

^agree.. but as a daughter, i don't think i would take any amount of money kapalit ng 1 day na makasama ko ang mom ko.

Offline GoodSteward

• VIP 3500
  • Thanks Received: 4
mga moms ng PMT kaya anong masasabi...

@vicces, tindi mo! heheehe gender detective ka talaga!!!! :)

Offline cjoy

If I were your momma, I'd tell you to take it. What could possibly happen to me tomorrow that would be more exciting than you having 5M? 9 months naman ang gawaan ng apo :D

Offline ferrariEverest

• VIP 5500
  • Thanks Received: 3
  • Health, wellness & wealth;Financial & Time Freedom
9 months naman ang gawaan ng apo :D
nope it takes only 30-60minutes. for most men, 3-10minutes lang ata.  :D

leading question
process of elimination :D

vic,
bilang isang mom, ang sagot ko ay NO. :D
« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2011, 01:30 AM by ferrariEverest »
What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail? - Robert Schuller Don't limit your challenges - challenge your limits.

Offline vicces

• VIP Member
@samsam, ngayon lang kita nakita dito ha, thanks for sharing ur thoughts. :)
as a mom (a dying mother in this case), my answer is yes.. but as a daughter, no.
see... why not as a daughter? is it because of guilt? pano if u dont live with ur mom naman, you/she will sleep the 8 hours off, so u only have 16hrs left... pupuntahan mo pa sya, etc...

If I were your momma, I'd tell you to take it. What could possibly happen to me tomorrow that would be more exciting than you having 5M? 9 months naman ang gawaan ng apo :D
exactly cjoy. napaka-iksi ng 1 araw, 1/3 of it will be spent sleeping, and kung OFW ka, di mo na rin mapupuntahan ung nanay mo para sulitin ang 1 araw na yun.. tapos pag sinabi mo sa kanya ung dilemma mo baka batukan ka pa, "di ako nagpakahirap ng ganito para magpalaki ng tanga?! take it, take it!"

i think this hypo problem can also apply here:
naalala ko yung dati kong officemate, namatay ang nanay nya sa probinsya. mga kapatid nya dun lahat walang trabaho at pagtatanim lang ang ikinabubuhay.. nangutang at nagpadala sya ng P20k pampalibing, pero di na sya umuwi doon for the burial. sobrang ingrato at at tigas ng mukha naman nito sabi ko sa sarili ko. sa unang tingin -- praktikal, pero ingrato. but if you really think about it, it was the rational thing to do. uuwi sya dun ung 20k nya mababawasan ng 10k dahil sa pamasahe. poproblemahin pa nila pano mabubuo ung pampalibing.  

oist GS wag ka ganyan baka maniwala sila hehe...
(me wonders what freefront would say about all this... nakikibasa yun malamang.. ayaw lang magparamdam, tinitikis ako loln...  :D )

i only said ^^that kasi nga moms are usually very practical (wintan is a good example right there; si mlangseth kaya? homeschoolmomma? etc). so, if u know ur mom as a very practical person, u can assume that she will understand that if you did accept this offer, its really for practical reasons not because you want to get rid of her. yet as the child, your heart will probably never get over the guilt and u will be torturing yourself the rest of your life. meanwhile ur mom would probably be sitting pretty up there, very happy and proud that you did what she wants u to do in that case -- choose urself over her...

this is really confusing huh?

Post Merge: Nov 11, 2011, 10:30 AM
again, just to oversimplify things,

practical vs sentimental/emotional

we'd like to know which side of you will prevail in this extremely unlikely scenario...
« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2011, 10:32 AM by vicces »

Offline singkit_1588

• Awesome Member
  • ^_^
anu po ba condition ni mother on the day the angel makes an offer?

is she in old age pero malakas pa?

not too old pero maysakit?

or what?/

"Young people need models not critics"

Offline LeDon

• Posting Whiz
I think the answer depends on a number of factors....Parent-child relationship, financial status & values in life.

PMT Forum

PMT Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • devmaxx: Bitan ko sana adsense ko, send me pm thanks
    Feb 22, 2017, 06:41 PM
  • romarmay2017: hello sa lahat bagong bago lang ako hehehehe
    Feb 21, 2017, 08:55 PM
  • Talhayousuf: hi
    Feb 19, 2017, 09:04 PM
  • Loan11: Are you tired of seeking loans and mortgages from banks? Have you been turned down constantly by your banks and other financial institutions due to bad credit? Are you about loosing your home due to financial constraints? Global Lenders Inc is here to set you free from debt. For immediate enquires you can contact us via email powerfinance7@gmail.com  LOAN APPLICATION FORM ********************** 1) Full Name:..... 2) Gender:........ 3) Loan Amount Needed :... 4) Loan Duration:............... 5) Country:....... 6) Home Address:.. 7) Mobile Number:..... 8) Fax Number:...... 9) Occupation:.... 10) Monthly Income:...... 11) Salary Date:.... 12) Purpose of loan;... 13) Where did you get our loan advertisement:.... 14)Contact email:........  Awaiting your swift response. May Allah bless you. IBRAHIM MUSA Leverage Pvt Ltd. Associate Director power Financial Service Pvt. Contact Us At :powerfinance7@gmail.com
    Feb 18, 2017, 10:23 AM
  • cheche_bureche: hi good morning, magkano ang franchise ng taxi in cebu area and how to apply, any advise. Thank you.
    Feb 13, 2017, 10:04 AM
  • Nathaniel: Anybody here can help me bout nso probs?
    Feb 08, 2017, 05:04 PM
  • Nathaniel: Hello
    Feb 08, 2017, 05:04 PM
  • mark_Lee: thank you newbie..observe and read lang muna..
    Feb 06, 2017, 03:58 AM
  • rbmxron1961: Hi ... Im an amateur here ... I wonder if there's anyone who can help or advise me on how to claim my CAP pension?  Thanks in advance
    Feb 03, 2017, 10:48 AM
  • Hopialikeit: @reggie, try sa mga pawnshops or maybe sa Fundko. Good luck.
    Feb 02, 2017, 08:07 PM
  • Reggie1324: Hi guys pa feed back po
    Feb 01, 2017, 11:26 AM
  • SarahBrs: hi
    Jan 31, 2017, 12:19 PM
  • Bizilleah: Hi po newbie po I was planning to start a mini grocery mgkano po kya Pde koipuhunan or capital
    Jan 29, 2017, 09:07 PM
  • Nick007: Hello every one...bago lang ako dito i was planning to start motorcycle part business magkano kaya minimum capital saka suggest na rin ng magandang supplier
    Jan 29, 2017, 07:54 PM
  • superlui04: dyois, may reading material sa archive tab.. try to look
    Jan 28, 2017, 12:12 AM
  • superlui04: hi
    Jan 28, 2017, 12:11 AM
  • Hopialikeit: To newbies in the Philippine Stock Market. This is my 0.02 based from my experience but I'm still learning as well. Buy a stock with good fundamentals but actively check your investments (know when to cut loss, accumulate, unload). Mahirap magtrade or magtsupit unless may info ka from stock jockeys themselves kung kelan papaliparin (not saying it's impossible but nahirap sya.
    Jan 26, 2017, 09:37 PM
  • jenofstructures: @dyosis, meron naman reading materials ang COL, try to start there.... o kaya hanapin mo yung book ni Marvin Germo
    Jan 26, 2017, 07:54 AM
  • badcheetah: Hiii
    Jan 24, 2017, 03:24 PM
  • dyois: Hi, Noob here. Sino po dito me mga reference material para sa stocks? kakabukas ko lang po nang account sa COL at di po ako naka attend ng seminar
    Jan 24, 2017, 12:36 PM
  • sharmssss: hello po......may pwedeng hiraman po ba dito ng pera 3K po within 3 weeks ko po mababayaran urgent lang po
    Jan 23, 2017, 05:23 PM
  • mayareineg: hi
    Jan 19, 2017, 01:57 PM
  • cino: :)
    Jan 19, 2017, 07:58 AM
  • stanelope: Parang ang dalang ng tao dito
    Jan 18, 2017, 08:19 PM
  • cino: hello po gud pm. active pa po b ito?
    Jan 18, 2017, 04:36 PM
  • jelleenorber: this is active po ba
    Jan 10, 2017, 03:51 PM
  • eliangco66: Need help pla
    Jan 07, 2017, 09:16 PM
  • eliangco66: May abogado po ba dito
    Jan 07, 2017, 09:16 PM
  • eliangco66: Hello
    Jan 07, 2017, 09:15 PM
  • Benj0927: hi everyone
    Jan 06, 2017, 11:38 PM
  • sysonpyh: cnu nasa qatar dyan ?
    Dec 30, 2016, 05:47 AM
  • SiPoorMan: Happy New Year mga ka-PMT
    Dec 29, 2016, 10:29 PM
  • Sem1pr0: :P
    Dec 26, 2016, 08:40 AM
  • wei: hi
    Dec 19, 2016, 11:15 PM
  • jenofstructures: @joanmatira.... try mo gumawa ng thread
    Dec 19, 2016, 03:40 PM
  • Miguelfabon: Yes
    Dec 03, 2016, 02:52 AM
  • joanmatira0630: hi po bka may makatulong po skin to be financially stable..prob di ako maapproved sa mga bank loan dhil sa fault ng previous co ko..
    Nov 29, 2016, 07:48 PM
  • preler: cnu may alam direct seller of power tools
    Nov 28, 2016, 01:04 PM
  • inv123456: hi
    Nov 25, 2016, 08:04 AM
  • jocyfruit: hi
    Nov 21, 2016, 03:00 PM
  • a.b: hi po
    Nov 21, 2016, 01:10 AM
  • boyBabsi: digidigidigidong digidigidong digidigidi digidong digidigidong - Kanta po yan nung Indian dance instructor sa Life of PI movie. . lss lang hahahaha Good day!
    Nov 20, 2016, 06:26 AM
  • irish10: Hi po!
    Nov 17, 2016, 04:27 PM
  • boyBabsi: Pwede po bang yumaman sa sabong? Why or why not?
    Nov 14, 2016, 04:59 AM
  • nievarezluela: hello alphaLen.. walang bangko ang malaki magbigay ng interes.. pagaralan mo ang Stock Market.. or mutual Fund.. dito lalago ang pera mo..
    Nov 11, 2016, 04:52 AM
  • Reese77: Kamusta sa lahat.. tanong ko lang po may alam po ba kayong sanglaan dito sa riyadh? Need lang po ng money thanks.
    Nov 07, 2016, 07:21 AM
  • annjoo: @SiPoorMan Di naman necessarily lahat business minded.. More on wanting financial stability yung mga dito, I believe. If you want to talk with smart people, this the place! Ang raming matalino dito, so much to learn.
    Nov 03, 2016, 05:15 AM
  • Atoms22: Free sent here from UAE kabayan. .
    Nov 02, 2016, 12:49 AM
  • pulubing_palaboy: nothing in particular. i work in the city
    Nov 01, 2016, 02:11 AM
  • ManilaBoy40: Kind of, Why ...
    Oct 31, 2016, 02:13 PM
BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal