PMT Forum
Do you want to make money today? :)

STOCK MARKET GUIDES FOR NEWBIES LIKE ME

mikoangelo · 737 · 203912

moneymichelle1977

Hello Everyone!
I write for myfinancialcoach.ph and I would like to share with you this article that I wrote about the stock market in the Philippines. enjoy! :-)
http://myfinancialcoach.ph/article/what-do-i-need-to-know-about-the-stock-market

janellevega1018

Pano ba talaga ako mag-umpisa sa stock market? Need ba ng malaking puhunan? parang wala naman talagang gustong mag-share ng nalalaman nila. Mahirap po ba ito? Please help po, any adivse is appreciated. God bless! :-)

wilch23

• VIP 6500
Attend ka ng seminars or read some books, mahirap kung zero knowledge pa

shemarie

• Probie
Hi.
Aside from reading books and some articles. It is better to learn thru hands on.
sumali ako sa stock market games here : https://stocksph.com/game/guidelines
You get to feel and experience the environment ng online trading. wala naman itong bayad para sumali.
Try ninyo dito din ako nagumpisa para matuto. bago ako sumabak sa tutoong online trading.

and if your into stock trading challenge.
sumali ka din sa mga competitions may rewards pa para mapalawak kaalaman mo sa online trading.
https://stocksph.com/competitions/lobby

dont be afraid to try and explore...

God bless. tia.

MarcusSherington

Would like to share small point .Spread your risks by investing in a number of stocks in different markets and in mutual funds, bonds and other instruments. A good rule is that no one stock or other investment should be more than 10% of your total portfolio. 

hunkinvestor

Hi to everyone, especially to the masters here. I have basic knowledge about stocks, and I will be opening an account this week with COL Financial. I will be stsrting off with 30K. Is it a good plan to invest 50% in blue chip and trade the other 50%? With that staeting amount, how many different stocks is recommended to buy? If I go and trade some portion, how often should I buy and sell? Is it true that you are losing money of you sell often?

Thanks in advance.

wilch23

• VIP 6500
I think with 30T capital, just go with Equity UITF for now.

jenofstructures

• PMT Idol 1000
Hi to everyone, especially to the masters here. I have basic knowledge about stocks, and I will be opening an account this week with COL Financial. I will be stsrting off with 30K. Is it a good plan to invest 50% in blue chip and trade the other 50%? With that staeting amount, how many different stocks is recommended to buy? If I go and trade some portion, how often should I buy and sell? Is it true that you are losing money of you sell often?

Thanks in advance.

Minimum daw para makabawi sa mga fees ay 8000 per transaction.  Marvin Germo said that the maximum stocks in your port should be 10.  Kasi madali mo mababantayan yung stocks mo. Although as a newbie parang mahirap pa rin yung 10 stocks. Lalo na kung busy ka sa ibang bagay.

GomerMagtibay

• Forum Tambay 100
Thanks for sharing. Long list, pero practical talaga. Yun talagang nangyayari sa stock investing. Dami ko natutunan.

Thomas

• PMT Idol 1000
(Answering to an additional idiot, who complain about spelling WITHOUT comenting what I said about the subject...)
High bosses don't bother about spelling and grammer. We bother about what the message say   :)
(Well. I'm not a high boss NOW, I'm in between. My old business is sold and I'm preparing starting a new one. That's why I have time to write here at all   :hihi: 

Thanks for sharing. Long list, pero practical talaga. Yun talagang nangyayari sa stock investing. Dami ko natutunan.
  Yes, and who earn most of Europeans or Filipinos?  So who know best what's important for work effectivity...?    :hihi:

Btw the modern "Flat" type of leading companies is invented - or first implements in a big company - by a the Swede Jan Carlsson. "Flat" :
/SKIP some middle boss levels
/SKIP most of the detailed control of employees, handing over it to employees to check themselves
/Top bosses concentrate at BIG things and just check the overview data mostly to see if there are anything needing to be adjusted
/Instead of only giving orders from top to bottom - through unnecesary middle bosses - "Flat" top bosses LISTEN to ideas from the bottom employees level
/and hand over detail decisions to the workers, leting them decide as long as they follow the company policy, which the top bosses have decided.

By that WASTED jobs were SKIPED and lost by the middle bosses, who were STUCKED at middle boss level positions because they thought spelling is the most important...    :hihi:

wilch23

• VIP 6500
Europeans earn more money than Asians ... tama siguro.

Kung sa bagay, mas mayaman din yung mga drug dealers kaysa sa akin

wilch23

• VIP 6500
Plunder does give the strong an edge ... for a while ... sometimes a long long while ... hays

Thomas

• PMT Idol 1000
Plunder does give the strong an edge ... for a while ... sometimes a long long while ... hays
But Wikings did only plunder other Europeans...    :)       
(And perhaps a few native Americans, when Wikings found America long BEFORE Columbus.)

TulogSaPancitan

• PMT Idol 1000

best case scenario is let ur parents plunder and leave the dough to u. then people will defend u that ur parent's sin are not ur sin. then u can contribute huge money to campaign kitty of next leaders and voila, ur clean. money laundering? nah, so old school.

Thomas

• PMT Idol 1000
best case scenario is let ur parents plunder and leave the dough to u. then people will defend u that ur parent's sin are not ur sin. then u can contribute huge money to campaign kitty of next leaders and voila, ur clean. money laundering? nah, so old school.
I complain at the Marcoses   :hihi:    because they try to get back the money dictator Marcos stole but swizz bank send back to Phils government. And as far as I know they haven't given back any of the rest dictator Marcos stole...

wilch23

• VIP 6500
Marcos?
We talking about Europeans.
World Class Plunderers of other lands and people.
Enthic Cleansing - no extra charge.

wilch23

• VIP 6500

jenofstructures

• PMT Idol 1000
Sa istak market mas mayaman talaga ang mga porenjer kumpara sa Pinoy. Kasi sila yung mas naunang naging aware sa istak samantalang tayong mga Pinoy takut na takot. Halata naman na nararamdaman ng PSEi ang lakas ng porenjer.... Yan ay kung nasa istak market ka talaga at hindi google lang ginagawa mo

Thomas

• PMT Idol 1000
Marcos?
We talking about Europeans.
World Class Plunderers of other lands and people.
Enthic Cleansing - no extra charge.
Why talk about only Europeans? 
Dictator Marcos was a real World Class Plunderer, who handed the loot over to his decendants...   
It's more than the billions the Swizz bank did send back, which the Marcoses claim is theirs!!!  :fight1:

wilch23

• VIP 6500
Because Europeans invaded and plundered Asia and South America. They just about wiped out the Native Americans in North America, and the natives of Australia.

Europeans also took over most of Africa and sold the natives as slaves.
Don't forget that they made a mess of the Middle East too.

This is all after they got tired and killing each other in Europe.

wilch23

• VIP 6500

Thomas

• PMT Idol 1000
Stiill - Why talk only about Europeans?
Yes. Europeans plundered others, while several Filipinos plunder the OWN people STILL...

Thomas

• PMT Idol 1000
Don't worry Thomas you'll get you due soon ...
Don't you mean I'll get my dough soon...?   :hihi:

jenofstructures

• PMT Idol 1000
Guys, can you please explain kung ano advantage at disadvantage ng short selling sa PSEI?

wilch23

• VIP 6500
Meron na ba? Ano kaya rules nila?

Sa short sell kasi (based on US markets), you sell what you don't have.
Mas complicated ang rules nyan kaysa regular buy and sell lang.

vaani seth

I like the post a lot it is very beneficial for the newbies of stock market. i would like to suggest also a best research firm which provide one of the best service for the newbies i.e learning plus earning program for trading in stock market which is very helpful so that you may not need anyone further for help or advice.

nelcequena

Guys, can you please explain kung ano advantage at disadvantage ng short selling sa PSEI?

Oo nga, I heard PSE will allow short selling stocks.

Advantage is mas mabilis at malaki ang income
Disadvantage is higher risk.

You need to have vast knowledge and experience in stock trading. Meron din namang free seminar yung COL financial para sa trading. Check mo yung website nila. www.colfinancial.com

Kung short selling ang preferred mo, mas maganda ang forex market.

Short selling is more like a gambling. Parang tumataya ka lang kung tataas or bababa ang price ng stocks, then yung difference ng price kapag bumaba or tumaas from the current price, yun yung possible income mo. You don't have to buy stocks before you sell. Kahit wala kang shares, you can sell or vise-versa.

Mas madali maintindihan to sa forex.

jenofstructures

• PMT Idol 1000

nelcequena

nabawi na ba ni bro Bo yung sa CHP nya?

CHP is still on hold, pababa ng pababa yung price which is good, simply because it is a good company and I don't think CHP will be bankrupt in 10-20 years. From the moment the price goes down to its lower point, maybe we will be allowed to buy it again.

jenofstructures

• PMT Idol 1000
dun na lang ako sa dailypik libre
Tapos tambay tambay ka sa investagram marami ka rin mapupulot don

n0name_04

I heard also of Bro. Bo's recommendation on CHP through a friend who is in TRC. Well that is the stock market, very unpredictable. Kaya good tip din na dapat matutunan is to how to control loss when you are in the stock market.

jenofstructures

• PMT Idol 1000
if you are on COL, mas maganda na tumingin ka na lang sa mga reports nila specially yung mga quarterly report. Nilalabas naman nila don yung mga magagandang company, and when yung buying price nila.

n0name_04

Agree, As what mam jen said, you can look on the recommendations ng COL. Do this while learning the ins-and-outs of the stock market. COL also release detailed reports on certain stocks that they think will be profitable in the long-run (may recommendation pa ng BUY, SELL, HOLD hehe).

(Personal experience: COL recommended FGEN for quite awhile pero hindi sya umangat ng pagkatagal tagal, parang recently lang umangat uli? So take into consideration din ang pagmomonitor ng movement ng stocks, using the recommendation of the broker as part of your strategy, hope this helps :)   )

Cordillerabit

nameeta26

• Probie
Every important points are covered here by others. I would suggest you to practice and follow them thoroughly because even a small mistakes means you will lose your investment. So, be careful and don't invest without knowledge. 

johnsmith101

Time Tested Classic Trading Rules for the Modern Trader to Follow

By Linda Bradford Raschke

This is a list of classic trading rules that was given to me while on the trading floor . A senior trader collected these rules from classic trading literature throughout the twentieth century. They obviously withstand the age-old test of time.

I’m sure most everybody knows these truisms in their hearts, but this list is nicely edited and makes a good read.

1. Plan your trades. Trade your plan.
2. Keep records of your trading results.
3. Keep a positive attitude, no matter how much you lose.
4. Don’t take the market home.
5. Continually set higher trading goals.
6. Successful traders buy into bad news and sell into good news.
7. Successful traders are not afraid to buy high and sell low.
8. Successful traders have a well-scheduled planned time for studying the markets.
9. Successful traders isolate themselves from the opinions of others.
10. Continually strive for patience, perseverance, determination, and rational action.
11. Limit your losses – use stops!
12. Never cancel a stop loss order after you have placed it!
13. Place the stop at the time you make your trade.
14. Never get into the market because you are anxious because of waiting.
15. Avoid getting in or out of the market too often.
16. Losses make the trader studious – not profits. Take advantage of every loss to improve your knowledge of market action.
17. The most difficult task in speculation is not prediction but self-control. Successful trading is difficult and frustrating. You are the most important element in the equation for success.
18. Always discipline yourself by following a pre-determined set of rules.
19. Remember that a bear market will give back in one month what a bull market has taken three months to build.
20. Don’t ever allow a big winning trade to turn into a loser. Stop yourself out if the market moves against you 20% from your peak profit point.
21. You must have a program, you must know your program, and you must follow your program.
22. Expect and accept losses gracefully. Those who brood over losses always miss the next opportunity, which more than likely will be profitable.
23. Split your profits right down the middle and never risk more than 50% of them again in the market.
24. The key to successful trading is knowing yourself and your stress point.
25. The difference between winners and losers isn’t so much native ability as it is discipline exercised in avoiding mistakes.
26. In trading as in fencing there are the quick and the dead.
27. Speech may be silver but silence is golden. Traders with the golden touch do not talk about their success.
28. Dream big dreams and think tall. Very few people set goals too high. A man becomes what he thinks about all day long.
29. Accept failure as a step towards victory.
30. Have you taken a loss? Forget it quickly. Have you taken a profit? Forget it even quicker! Don’t let ego and greed inhibit clear thinking and hard work.
31. One cannot do anything about yesterday. When one door closes, another door opens. The greater opportunity always lies through the open door.
32. The deepest secret for the trader is to subordinate his will to the will of the market. The market is truth as it reflects all forces that bear upon it. As long as he recognizes this he is safe. When he ignores this, he is lost and doomed.
33. It’s much easier to put on a trade than to take it off.
34. If a market doesn’t do what you think it should do, get out.
35. Beware of large positions that can control your emotions. Don’t be overly aggressive with the market. Treat it gently by allowing your equity to grow steadily rather than in bursts.
36. Never add to a losing position.
37. Beware of trying to pick tops or bottoms.
38. You must believe in yourself and your judgement if you expect to make a living at this game.
39. In a narrow market there is no sense in trying to anticipate what the next big movement is going to be – up or down.
40. A loss never bothers me after I take it. I forget it overnight. But being wrong and not taking the loss – that is what does the damage to the pocket book and to the soul.
41. Never volunteer advice and never brag of your winnings.
42. Of all speculative blunders, there are few greater than selling what shows a profit and keeping what shows a loss.
43. Standing aside is a position.
44. It is better to be more interested in the market’s reaction to new information than in the piece of news itself.
45. If you don’t know who you are, the markets are an expensive place to find out.
46. In the world of money, which is a world shaped by human behavior, nobody has the foggiest notion of what will happen in the future. Mark that word – Nobody! Thus the successful trader does not base moves on what supposedly will happen but reacts instead to what does happen.
47. Except in unusual circumstances, get in the habit of taking your profit too soon. Don’t torment yourself if a trade continues winning without you. Chances are it won’t continue long. If it does, console yourself by thinking of all the times when liquidating early reserved gains that you would have otherwise lost.
48. When the ship starts to sink, don’t pray – jump!
49. Lose your opinion – not your money.
50. Assimilate into your very bones a set of trading rules that works for you.

Post Merge: 1318992240
The golden rules of investing

What are the golden rules of investing? Here is a list from a site in India

The Sensex is on fire, notwithstanding Wednesday's dip. It's a bull run like no other witnessed by Indian investors. And investment gurus -- like Marc Faber -- say this bull run could last for a decade or more!

So what does the layman do in times of a roaring bull market? Are there any rules for you and me to follow while dealing in the stock market? What should you avoid doing? And, more importantly, what should you do? Here are some golden rules of investing to follow:

1. Don't be greedy: Invest smartly, with some professional help and some study on your own.

2. Avoid 'hot tips': Stay away from 'experts'. Use your own judgement.

3. Avoid trading/timing the market:

4. Avoid actions based on sentiments: Don't be emotionally attached to stocks:

5. Don't panic if the market drops: Hold onto your winners and sell your losers.

6. Stay invested, possibly continue to invest more: It is natural to book profits with the markets at higher levels.

7. Buy stocks if there is a 5-8 per cent drop in the market: In this bull market, a 5-8 per cent drop in prices offers you a good opportunity to buy scrips.

8. Avoid checking the price of stocks or mutual funds after you've sold them:

9. Avoid penny stocks:

10. Diversify: We suggest you diversify a bit, looking at stocks, mutual funds, commodities and gold. (I disagree with this one in form at least)

11. Don't commit large amounts of money: Even if you have a strong risk-bearing capacity, we suggest you do not commit large sums of money at this stage.

12. Don't trade for short-term

13. Don't expect to be a millionaire overnight. Patience pays, so be realistic. 14. Stick to the desired asset allocation: Asset allocation is the key to successful investing, say experts. Even though equities may outperform debt substantially, it will not be wise to put all your investments in equities.

14. Distinguish between stocks for keeps and trading: A variation of "never let a trade become an investment."

Buy with adequate margin of safety: That's where attractive purchase prices can help. As a matter of fact, selling stocks is no different from buying them. Keep a sufficient margin of safety when buying a stock and don't rely on making a good sale ever.

15. Sell when value is realised: If you feel that your investments are adequately valued, you should exit regardless of how long you have held them.

16. Keep a watch on relative valuations: The real cost of a stock is not the price you pay for it, but the opportunity cost of not putting your money in another one.

17. If you realise a mistake, exit immediately

18. Start investing early.

19. Try to invest in things you know.

20. Try to adopt a long-term perspective with regard to investing.

21. Know your risk: Understand the level and amount of investment you are comfortable with.

22. Play safe, invest in a mutual fund: For those who are still not sure about their research, use mutual funds.

23. Encash when stock prices dip: Reduce some exposure, lock in some profits.

24. Don't blindly follow media reports on corporate developments, as they could be misleading.

25. Don't blindly imitate investment decisions of others who may have profited from their investment decisions.

26. Don't fall prey to promises of guaranteed returns.

Note that these rules are universal, and apply anywhere in the world, as they are based upon Human Nature and behavior

hello,

Thank you so much for sharing this helpful information, it helped me a lot

Thanks and regards.:)
« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2020, 04:49 PM by FutureGizmo »

gopal77

• Probie
i am a newbie in COL financial and being meticulous that I am, I have some questions.. . will appreciate your replies.. . .

a) in the COL financial home, i saw a daily investment guide and technical guide. for me to check.. which do i need to follow the tech guide or the investment guide?. . in the investment guide i can see COL rating if needed to buy or hold, hence in the tech guide, i can see the latest trend if it is down. any advise?. .

b) should i only consider blue chip companies? or should i also consider buying from other companies who is currently in upward trend? if i am investing for longer term and goals should i only go for the blue chips? please advise.

c) can i buy below the board lot? or if it is 10,or 100 only it can go above? e.g 100 200, / 10 20 30.. . d) how often should i buy? if the company shows consistency? every 2 weeks? or every month?. . Thank you.

please enlighten thanks
« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2019, 11:45 AM by FutureGizmo »

PMT Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Post only questions or comments here. Advertisements NOT ALLOWED.
  • Doni_megaworld: good morning! who's online?
    Yesterday at 08:47 AM
  • Doni_megaworld: good morning guys!
    May 27, 2020, 09:47 AM
  • Doni_megaworld: work work
    May 26, 2020, 02:47 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: What's good in this afternoon?
    May 26, 2020, 02:01 PM
  • Doni_megaworld: agreed
    May 25, 2020, 03:30 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: @lyndrey depende siguro sa seller, so kung mag order kayo online much better na kilala niyo at trusted
    May 25, 2020, 02:29 PM
  • Doni_megaworld: kumusta? sino mga online?
    May 24, 2020, 03:24 PM
  • lyndrey: Do not buy PPE online. Either expensive overpriced or totally damaged or cannot be used
    May 24, 2020, 01:37 PM
  • lyndrey: Online Scammers/online shopping cheats are active with stay at home regimen.
    May 24, 2020, 01:34 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: @razee22 Parang di na po nacoconvert into money ang load po.
    May 12, 2020, 04:07 PM
  • razee22: any advised or recommendation?
    May 12, 2020, 11:16 AM
  • razee22: Paano po ba iconvert ang load into money like Paypal, Paymaya or Gcash?
    May 12, 2020, 11:15 AM
  • razee22: paano po ba iconvert ang load into money? Paypal or Gcash
    May 12, 2020, 11:14 AM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Hellooooo, okay lang ba kayo dyannnn?
    May 11, 2020, 11:40 AM
  • theimprobableone: hi
    May 05, 2020, 11:37 AM
  • freelance_treasure_hunter: hello all...
    Apr 28, 2020, 04:26 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Can someone save me?
    Mar 24, 2020, 01:39 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: I'm tired.
    Mar 24, 2020, 01:39 PM
  • Victorvargas: Hello sa lahat po new lang po dito. Hope na marami matutunan ako about business.
    Mar 21, 2020, 09:43 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Yoh, its been a while.
    Mar 17, 2020, 10:33 AM
  • demi07: Hello everyone! New in pinoymoneytalk :)
    Mar 14, 2020, 01:24 PM
  • theappswitch: Hi!
    Feb 25, 2020, 03:14 PM
  • mike2020: hi po sa inyo lahat
    Feb 23, 2020, 11:52 PM
  • Jayjayqwe: hi po
    Feb 19, 2020, 11:27 PM
  • tirs d pip: hello
    Feb 18, 2020, 02:32 PM
  • Ace1105: Hello sa lahat...  :hello:
    Feb 07, 2020, 09:46 AM
  • FREYAHYARA: Anyone knows where Ig shops like styledom.ph, thriftme, instashoppeavenu and the likes get their items for selling. Would like to venture in the same business but would like to know where and who the suppliers are
    Jan 28, 2020, 09:38 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: To bpc85 kung nakalagay ang inyong names sa beneficiary list ng iyong ama kay may makukuha po kayo.
    Nov 28, 2019, 02:18 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Hellooooo, its been a while. :)
    Nov 28, 2019, 02:16 PM
  • miakashidou31: hi , meron po ba ditong nagta transfer sa paypal?
    Nov 05, 2019, 01:46 PM
  • whennedy: good noon po
    Oct 18, 2019, 12:04 PM
  • edzlpdac: goood day po sa lahat!
    Oct 12, 2019, 03:37 PM
  • bpc85: ask lng sana ako kung may makukuha ba kami ng Mama ko at ako or mga kapatid ko sa benepisyo ng aming Ama bilang membro ng AFPSLAI. thank you po.
    Sep 27, 2019, 12:52 PM
  • bpc85: Hi guys, im new here,.
    Sep 27, 2019, 12:52 PM
  • Anaperdi: Hi just want to know if meron dito who is into boundary hulog ng motorcycle? For mga riders ng courier. Pwede ba magpashare how it works? Naisip ko lang baka pwede ko ibusiness, meron na pala mga posts online pero di pa clear ang system sa akin. thank  you sa makakapansin
    Sep 21, 2019, 11:32 AM
  • Anaperdi: Hi newbie here..
    Sep 21, 2019, 11:19 AM
  • jprios: May contact ba kayo kung sakali?
    Sep 18, 2019, 06:11 PM
  • jprios: Sino pwedeng mahiraman dito?
    Sep 18, 2019, 06:09 PM
  • kfg52: Present!
    Sep 15, 2019, 07:26 PM
  • juju31: san po ba may nag papahiram dito
    Sep 14, 2019, 07:18 PM
  • juju31: hello
    Sep 14, 2019, 07:18 PM
  • FutureGizmo: Thanks julz! Medyo ganun nga trabaho namin ngayon, to monitor spam posts kasi ang daming spam bots. But thanks for reporting. Auto-ban agad ang spammers sa amin haha
    Sep 07, 2019, 12:17 PM
  • julz: @FutureGizmo si @nikkikv18 just posted more than 10 posts about porn sites. hay, spam.
    Sep 03, 2019, 01:05 PM
  • Cid_brent: sino po dyan pwede magbigay send ng paypal funds and I will pay you using gcash?
    Aug 25, 2019, 08:58 PM
  • Meghan91811: Sino po may alam about Rice Farming...
    Aug 25, 2019, 07:44 AM
  • roselove: hello po sa inyo... newbie here
    Aug 06, 2019, 03:31 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Sino palaging active dito?
    Jul 30, 2019, 04:15 PM
  • dagocjasonrey: Anong update dito?
    Jul 22, 2019, 08:49 PM
  • mark_Lee: anong bago dito
    Jun 28, 2019, 01:03 AM