PMT Forum
How do you want to make money today?

How I started Trading using BPI trade

nursetrader · 64 · 21110

nursetrader

on: Aug 12, 2011, 12:47 PM
:welcome:

hi! I'm posting this topic to tell my story how I started trading using BPI trade. I am not Advertising BPItrade nor am not an employee of the said company. I aim to share how and why I became a Stock market lover and investor.

I know Each one of us in this forum has his/her own stories behind. I wish to tell mine.

So it it goes.. :coffee:

My husband and I are both nurses. so to speak, we are permanent employees. In the philippines you cannot expect to become wealthy by being a nurse alone. My husband tried to go abroad to earn more for our future befor ewe start bearing kids of our own. But just like any other OFW wives, I became careless of the monthly wages he sends me. In short, I drained our savings. He tried again to go somewhere else to get a higher salary but the same thing happened. I was guilty and no questions asked, i am held responsible for the losses. :oops:

so.. one day I decided to end this bad habit of mine and start anew for our future. :bday:

I tried to listen to my husband's advice on trying to trade the stock market. at first I was hesistant because eventhough I have a semester in accountancy before I shifted to nursing, I know it will be full of greek words and numbers from outer space. But due to the need for the birth of a wiser wife, I tried to search for resources on learning the trading industry. :cool2:

So here it goes today.

I opened a BPItrade account 2 weeks ago. Bpi wasn't really very accommodating you know. :bahalaka:
I spent a lot of money going back and forth their branch and waited 2 long weeks just to open an account with them. I was able to compare their performance because I am also a BDO costumer. And I tell you, There is nothing like BDO service.But Unfortunately they only have equities which I tried once last 2 years ago. :rakenrol:

I will be updating these thread as I take the journey towards trading! Hope to help some newbies like me start their own journey towards wealth and stability. To God be the glory! :party:

Post Merge: Aug 12, 2011, 02:32 PM
hey guys!

i experience a problem about sa initial deposit ko. I called up BPI's toll free number and sinabing 1 working day pl before mo mkit yun online at makapagstart mag buy or sell. here's the number. 1-800-1888-9100..then dial 0..0..1..for the operator. mejo matagal din maghintay pr makapasok kc busy ang mga agents. but they are really helpful nmn sa mga newbies lkie me.
« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2011, 02:32 PM by nursetrader »

bauer

• VIP 4500
Reply #1 on: Aug 12, 2011, 10:03 PM
im sorry you had a not so good service from bpi. 

on my part, several years ago, i just applied online (Bpi direct), print out the form, and submit it to my bpi family branch.  waited for their approval in about a week and start trading already.

uranium698

• Forum Champion 900
Reply #2 on: Aug 12, 2011, 11:23 PM
Balita ko di pwede ang tsupitero sa BPItrade. Kasi once na nagsell ka ngayon,after 3 days mo pa magagamit ung proceeds. Unlike Fmetro (I think COL also) in just a matter of seconds/minutes, pwede mo na ulit ipambili. Please confirm.

How's the charting tool and research?

nursetrader

Reply #3 on: Aug 13, 2011, 11:59 AM
thanks po uranium and bauer for the responses. :D

OO nga. sabi nga nila 3 working days pa bago magamit ulit fund kpag nagsell. so I need to save some fund kung gusto ko pa magbuy the next day. di pwd magzero ang account.

kaya lang ns province ako. :'(

I read need mo pa pumunta sa manila just to liquidate with citisec. kung maging convinient ang COL or Fmetro skin I will grab the opportunity. Panu ba mag apply sa Fmetro? do I also need to go to the City pr lang magopen ng account and magliquidate?

Post Merge: Aug 13, 2011, 12:27 PM
wow! i browsed through the Fmetro website. I wasn't aware metrobank offers this kind of service which I think is more understandable for newbies like me.

How much do they need for a maintaining balance if there's any? Do I need to become a savings account holder before I apply for the Fmetro?

:thankyou: sir uranium you are really my angel!! :-*

Post Merge: Aug 13, 2011, 04:01 PM
so to continue my story.. :coffee:

I tried to see the light in Bo Sanchez' book, " my maid invests..." I was enlightened..(a bit) of the choices I should make in picking the worthy companies to start with..They are almost fro Bo's list..here i goes. :b_beer:

BDO @ 60
BPI @ 57.95
MBT @ 75.7
JFC @ 85.6
PLDT @ 2,240

Then i'm planning to wait for these to go down before I invest on them :book:

ALI @ 15.9
MWC @ 19.4
SMPH @ 11.7
COL @ 17.8
LC @ 1.46

I made a table recording the previous prices of these companies to evaluate which will be buyable and worth to be waited for.

what do you think guys? did I made a good choice? :watchuthink:
« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2011, 04:01 PM by nursetrader »

chi04

Reply #4 on: Aug 13, 2011, 05:17 PM
OT question po..puwede po matanong  ano pong meaning nung mga nos.after the company. I mean how do you read those? As in straight 60 lang ba?or my deeper meaning pa.

BDO @ 60
BPI @ 57.95
MBT @ 75.7
JFC @ 85.6
PLDT @ 2,240

ALI @ 15.9
MWC @ 19.4
SMPH @ 11.7
COL @ 17.8
LC @ 1.46

^Para san din po itong mga LC,COL and SMPH?

nursetrader

Reply #5 on: Aug 13, 2011, 07:20 PM
OT question po..puwede po matanong  ano pong meaning nung mga nos.after the company. I mean how do you read those? As in straight 60 lang ba?or my deeper meaning pa.

BDO @ 60
BPI @ 57.95
MBT @ 75.7
JFC @ 85.6
PLDT @ 2,240

ALI @ 15.9
MWC @ 19.4
SMPH @ 11.7
COL @ 17.8
LC @ 1.46

^Para san din po itong mga LC,COL and SMPH?

hi chi! yung mga numbers n yan ang latest prices ng mga companies n pinili ko. symbols nmn ng mga companies yungmga letters like COL for citisec, BPI for bank of the phil island.

tyrone

• PMT Idol 1000
Reply #6 on: Aug 13, 2011, 07:48 PM
@nursetrader,

Pang long term ba investment mo? Ako advise ko aralin mo fundamental analysis para mas ok pagpili mo ng stocks.

Anyway, definitely good yun mga chosen companies mo. Mga blue chips yan na may strong foundations na talaga.

uranium698

• Forum Champion 900
Reply #7 on: Aug 13, 2011, 07:57 PM
thanks po uranium and bauer for the responses. :D

OO nga. sabi nga nila 3 working days pa bago magamit ulit fund kpag nagsell. so I need to save some fund kung gusto ko pa magbuy the next day. di pwd magzero ang account.

I read need mo pa pumunta sa manila just to liquidate with citisec. kung maging convinient ang COL or Fmetro skin I will grab the opportunity. Panu ba mag apply sa Fmetro? do I also need to go to the City pr lang magopen ng account and magliquidate?

Post Merge: Aug 13, 2011, 12:27 PM
wow! i browsed through the Fmetro website. I wasn't aware metrobank offers this kind of service which I think is more understandable for newbies like me.

How much do they need for a maintaining balance if there's any? Do I need to become a savings account holder before I apply for the Fmetro?

:thankyou: sir uranium you are really my angel!! :-*

First you need Metrobank's(MB) savings(ATM) account 2k or 3k lang ata minimum.
Tapos open ka ng FMSBC account (no minimum balance required) uu, as in zero ;)

Iregister mo online yung MB savings account mo thru MBdirect. From there, you can transfer online to fund your account in FMSBC. Seconds/minutes lang nasa FMSCBC mo na natransfer mo. Meron din dun request for release.
If you wish to add more funds,deposit ka lang sa MB account mo,then transfer it online to FMSBC. no need to fax :D
Most convinient na siguro ito para sa akin,since im here in abroad.

If in case naman na wala kang nabiling stocks, yung idle cash mo na di nagagalaw in 3days sa FMSCB ay automatic na itatransfer sa MB mo.
Di uso fax fax dito hahaha! pwede mo naman iclick.

sa stocks naman,after mo magsell,seconds lang pwede mo na ulit magamit ang proceeds. so pwede kang makapagswing trade at mabawasan ang opportunity loss mo if in case may gusto kang bilhin kagad.

Kaa-upgrade lang kahapon ng FMSBC, galing! lalo na yung multiple bid hehe...

kahit FMSBC ako,ayokong maging bias, mas OK ang brokers' activity/history ata ng COL. Mas maraming research ang COL.

Yung 1 kaibigan ko FMSBC na rin ngayon, galing BPI. pero ginawa na lang nya for Long term ang BPI nya(ipit) lol, at swing trade ang FMSBC nya.

nursetrader

Reply #8 on: Aug 13, 2011, 08:49 PM
anu po ba ibig sbihin ng expected to report Q2 2011 ?

First Generation Corporation expected to report Q2 2011 results on August 13, 2011. This event was calculated by Capital IQ (Created on May 18, 2011).

Post Merge: Aug 13, 2011, 08:52 PM
@nursetrader,

Pang long term ba investment mo? Ako advise ko aralin mo fundamental analysis para mas ok pagpili mo ng stocks.

Anyway, definitely good yun mga chosen companies mo. Mga blue chips yan na may strong foundations na talaga.

actually, plan ko po sn ng long term and short term. based ba sa experience nyo, san kyo mas nagexcel at kumita ng mabilis? if you don't mind, pwd po ba ako makahingi ng konting hint kung anung companies kyo naginvest pr mapagaralan ko rin?

athnks so much

Post Merge: Aug 13, 2011, 08:58 PM
First you need Metrobank's(MB) savings(ATM) account 2k or 3k lang ata minimum.
Tapos open ka ng FMSBC account (no minimum balance required) uu, as in zero ;)

Iregister mo online yung MB savings account mo thru MBdirect. From there, you can transfer online to fund your account in FMSBC. Seconds/minutes lang nasa FMSCBC mo na natransfer mo. Meron din dun request for release.
If you wish to add more funds,deposit ka lang sa MB account mo,then transfer it online to FMSBC. no need to fax :D
Most convinient na siguro ito para sa akin,since im here in abroad.

If in case naman na wala kang nabiling stocks, yung idle cash mo na di nagagalaw in 3days sa FMSCB ay automatic na itatransfer sa MB mo.
Di uso fax fax dito hahaha! pwede mo naman iclick.

sa stocks naman,after mo magsell,seconds lang pwede mo na ulit magamit ang proceeds. so pwede kang makapagswing trade at mabawasan ang opportunity loss mo if in case may gusto kang bilhin kagad.

Kaa-upgrade lang kahapon ng FMSBC, galing! lalo na yung multiple bid hehe...

kahit FMSBC ako,ayokong maging bias, mas OK ang brokers' activity/history ata ng COL. Mas maraming research ang COL.

Yung 1 kaibigan ko FMSBC na rin ngayon, galing BPI. pero ginawa na lang nya for Long term ang BPI nya(ipit) lol, at swing trade ang FMSBC nya.

a..ok so same procedure din pl with bpi. akala ko kc nid ng maintaining as high as 10t. laki noh! magndang idea nga po cnv nyo n i could keep my bpi account for long term investments pr hindi nmn masayang..

I saw na need mo magsubmit ng forms prefilled up mula sa website sa local branch. ganu po katagal kyo naghintay bgo maapprove ang application nyo to open a FMSBC account?
« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2011, 08:58 PM by nursetrader »

tyrone

• PMT Idol 1000
Reply #9 on: Aug 13, 2011, 09:09 PM
@nursetrader. tingin ko yun 'expected to report Q2 2011' ay yun estimated release date ng Q2 result. baka binabase nila sa previous kung ganu katagal bago narelease yun report.

6 months pa lang din ako sa trading. pinakaeffective para sakin yun magbuy and hold. una kong kinokonsider yun growth potential ng kumpanya in terms of income. pangalawa, kinokonsider ko rin yun demand sa stock.

yun meron lang ako ngayon ay gold stocks. uncertain pa rin kase ang global market. pinakasafe na gold stocks.. pero kalimitan ng stock na target ko talaga, mining. andun kase demand ngayon. check mo website ko... ang favorite ko beside mining, SMC at MPI. long term to ha :)

nursetrader

Reply #10 on: Aug 13, 2011, 09:27 PM
@tyrone san ba makikita ang demand ng stocks and income ng company? i see a lot of numbers sa tables pero ang hindi ko p naiintindihan ay yung quantity ng bid and offer. yun ba yung mga available na bilhing stocks?

una kong kinokonsider yun growth potential ng kumpanya in terms of income. pangalawa, kinokonsider ko rin yun demand sa stock.

mackygoof

• Forum Master 300
Reply #11 on: Aug 13, 2011, 09:34 PM
im sorry you had a not so good service from bpi. 

on my part, several years ago, i just applied online (Bpi direct), print out the form, and submit it to my bpi family branch.  waited for their approval in about a week and start trading already.

Same thing with me. Nasa online application lang naman yung instructions, print out the form, sign in front of bpi branch and wait for a 3-5 business days before they email you your account. Even my fellow officemates at work just did the same last week.
The bpi banks are not really aware of the procedures of bpitrade, they will just send it to them. When i opened bpitrade, the bpi attendant had to read the instructions before they understand what it is.

Post Merge: Aug 13, 2011, 09:37 PM
Balita ko di pwede ang tsupitero sa BPItrade. Kasi once na nagsell ka ngayon,after 3 days mo pa magagamit ung proceeds. Unlike Fmetro (I think COL also) in just a matter of seconds/minutes, pwede mo na ulit ipambili. Please confirm.

How's the charting tool and research?

maling balita yan...I buy stocks from previous sold shares in one day. Negative lang available funds ko. hehe. Just ignore the insufficient funds warning. It will be subject for approval. make sure trade with what available funds you are expecting to have from previously sold stock else you get OD, order disapproved. hehe.
« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2011, 09:37 PM by mackygoof »

nursetrader

Reply #12 on: Aug 13, 2011, 09:41 PM
@mackygoof i totally agree with you! :rakenrol:

the one who attended me went back and forth to his manager carrying my forms. I knew that they really have no idea what to do about the forms. so I became more patient and understanding so they could just send my application for approval.

It just happened that a friend of mine referred me to BPI for this kind of transaction because he is an account holder as well. maybe the person he is talking with for this matter was absent that day.hehehe... :hihi:

Post Merge: Aug 13, 2011, 09:46 PM
about sa 3-day waiting period to use the sold stocks, the operator told me that it is true. once I sell, I won't be able to use the fund to buy another one.

so did you had an experience where you used the fund from the recently remitted one in just seconds or minutes at least?
« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2011, 09:46 PM by nursetrader »

mackygoof

• Forum Master 300
Reply #13 on: Aug 13, 2011, 09:50 PM

Pwede...see my available funds today.. :D

Bo sanchez shifted his strategy bdw if you are not a subscriber...medyo fast track na yung trading advises nya. Still long term but faster than 10-20years recommended stocks before

nursetrader

Reply #14 on: Aug 13, 2011, 09:55 PM
:hihi:

ow! negative nga!!! aheheh...

good thing you brought that up..i was asking that same BPI employee who submitted my application what is the difference between the authorized and available?

I deposited my initial cash yesterday. so where will I expect to see the amount?

PMT Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Post only questions or comments here. Advertisements NOT ALLOWED.
  • oragon: :applause:
    May 20, 2019, 03:53 PM
  • FutureGizmo: Thank you for reporting those spam posts, oragon! Spam posts now deleted.
    May 20, 2019, 01:59 PM
  • oragon: Admin kindly monitor some peps! posting and sharing inappropriate nude photos and website links
    May 20, 2019, 01:52 PM
  • @culinary10: Hello I am new here! Regarding sa bdo life insurance for 8 years, pwede pa kaya ma refund yung binayad ko na 50k last year? Gusto ko sana icancel kasi lack of financial na, last may 15 2018 po un nag start ako ng life insurance, pinili ko annually kaso etong may 15 2019 wala nako ma ipay so gusto ko sana icash out, may alam ba kayo kung pano marerefund?
    May 17, 2019, 07:56 PM
  • FutureGizmo: Hi Sonny, the posting issue is now resolved. Thanks for informing us! We're currently testing a new, mobile-ready theme so let us us know kung may problema pa sa Forum. :)
    Apr 04, 2019, 10:40 AM
  • sonny.wapak: Nakaka receive din ba kayo nito pag gawa ng new post? "Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator."
    Apr 03, 2019, 10:56 PM
  • leonine_zafiro: what product nun?
    Apr 01, 2019, 10:25 PM
  • dhondiex27: hi
    Mar 30, 2019, 10:55 PM
  • lusart: jayrob i agree 200%. hulog ng langit organico. legit na legit
    Mar 29, 2019, 09:08 AM
  • palemelch: Hi
    Mar 28, 2019, 04:08 PM
  • O.C.W._AK: Magandang Araw sa Lahat! Blessings! (",)
    Mar 28, 2019, 08:42 AM
  • thor15: hello everyone, newbie here
    Mar 25, 2019, 01:47 AM
  • captjaylo: present newbie here
    Mar 22, 2019, 10:06 AM
  • balboagilbert26: hello Guys .. Newbie here
    Mar 21, 2019, 10:55 PM
  • businesswoman2019: @jefsanity nag inquire na po ako pero di sila nagdidisclose. Yung branch po kasi na target ko, currently building pa.
    Mar 21, 2019, 04:27 PM
  • jefsanity: @businesswoman2019, much better inquire ka na lang sa admin nila.
    Mar 21, 2019, 01:51 PM
  • businesswoman2019: Hello! Any idea how much ang stall sa waltermart. 2m x 2m
    Mar 21, 2019, 08:28 AM
  • John Neil: Looking for an accredited iron foundry
    Mar 17, 2019, 03:19 PM
  • jayrob: Mark_Lee ung organico legit po yan..  Member din AQ..
    Mar 17, 2019, 12:57 AM
  • perlymelad: Hello po! Need advice, why my new MLM leaders failing?
    Mar 14, 2019, 08:51 PM
  • perlymelad: Present
    Mar 12, 2019, 07:53 PM
  • kennethmauricio: Hi saan po dito pwede mag post ng for sale properties?
    Mar 11, 2019, 07:58 PM
  • jefsanity: @mark_lee isipin mo anu passion mo at skills mo...
    Mar 11, 2019, 06:52 PM
  • sniperaj09: BAGO LANG
    Mar 10, 2019, 11:16 AM
  • mark_Lee: magandang investnent ngayon sa 30k suggest naman keo mga boss
    Mar 10, 2019, 03:07 AM
  • perlymelad: E-BOOK PO SIR @JEFSANITY
    Mar 09, 2019, 05:40 PM
  • perlymelad: @jefsanity Good Morning Po
    Mar 09, 2019, 05:39 PM
  • perlymelad: Good Day everyone
    Mar 04, 2019, 06:24 PM
  • jefsanity: anu ang small business na yan?
    Feb 28, 2019, 07:40 PM
  • perlymelad: Good Day Everyone
    Feb 28, 2019, 03:31 PM
  • perlymelad: Hello everyone, CAN ANYONE HELP ME SUGGEST ANY SIDE TOPIC  / PROBLEM OF  STARTING SMALL BUSINESS?
    Feb 28, 2019, 06:58 AM
  • perlymelad: Present, 1st time po
    Feb 25, 2019, 06:17 PM
  • jd2281: newbie po
    Feb 25, 2019, 12:26 PM
  • ejllantino: present... 1st time
    Feb 24, 2019, 07:14 PM
  • rheiel: present. first time
    Feb 24, 2019, 11:04 AM
  • MELVIE: thanks po
    Feb 24, 2019, 12:50 AM
  • steph123: hello po, ask lang po, ilang months po ba ang hihintayin after mo ma process ang mga documents para maitama ang mali sa NSO?
    Feb 11, 2019, 03:13 PM
  • Deborah: newbie here.thanks
    Feb 08, 2019, 02:17 PM
  • marj0503: hello im newbie here
    Jan 31, 2019, 10:53 AM
  • yan24: any one here planning to start a tesda skill training center
    Jan 26, 2019, 12:07 PM
  • manzjon: Forex trading forum
    Jan 25, 2019, 02:16 PM
  • Lizette Ramos: Pwede po bang patulong... Maganda po ba ang gasul retailing business?
    Jan 24, 2019, 09:14 PM
  • Imnobody: Hi sino naghahanap ng casino financer dito?
    Jan 16, 2019, 09:59 PM
  • Odlanyer22: Good day!
    Jan 16, 2019, 09:55 PM
  • maryen: at kung sakaling may somobra sa food na nailuto.. dapat po bang bayaran ng client un .. or ipapa take mo na sakanila?...
    Jan 16, 2019, 03:52 PM
  • maryen: HI! GOOD DAY! newbiz lang po... question lang po regarding sa catering.. if may 50pax po ako dapat lang po ba na sakto ang serving ng food?
    Jan 16, 2019, 03:50 PM
  • mark_Lee: cno na nag organico dito scam po ba yun or legit
    Jan 09, 2019, 03:04 AM
  • kuray08: Have a Prosperous New Year to all..
    Jan 06, 2019, 09:27 PM
  • ethan: Sino po may auto supply business dito? How profitable po ba ito in terms of monthly income? Lalo na kung meron na one or two na competition.
    Jan 04, 2019, 11:34 AM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    Jan 02, 2019, 04:37 PM