PMT Forum
Do you want to make money today? :)

Fake E-gold emails (Phishing emails)

gjallar · 191 · 61936

gjallar

• Droid-in-the-making
  • Forum Master 300
heehee! i feel so special! nagka-fake email na rin ako sa wakas. i did get one from studiopay before, but now, i have one for e-gold. here's how it looks:

From: EG Service <e-gold@egold.com> Mailed-By: server1060.gisol.com

Dear E-gold  customer

We regret to inform you that your E-gold account could be suspended if you don't re-update your account information. To resolve this problems please click here (link is http://e-gold-security-support.com) and re-enter your account information. If your problems could not be resolved your account will be suspended for a period of 24 hours, after this period your account will be terminated.

For the User Agreement, Section 9, we may immediately issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide our services to you if we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or us. We may also take these actions if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us.

Due to the suspension of this account, please be advised you are prohibited from using E-gold in any way. This includes the registering of a new account. Please note that this suspension does not relieve you of your agreed-upon obligation to pay any fees you may owe to E-gold.

Regards,Safeharbor Department E-gold, Inc
The E-gold team.
This is an automatic message. Please do not reply.

one reason i know its fake is because it went to one of my other emails, not my egold email. heehee! ^_^ another reason is the links are wrong.

eniweys, just a head's up!  :lol:
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 12:27 PM by nailbiter »

FutureGizmo

• Admin
hehe, special ba 'kamo, gjallar? baka lalo kang maging special kapag na-hack yung account mo.. oops siyempre sana nde mangyari un... :D

anyway, everyone should still be wary of the supposed egold emails you're getting. most of the time, these are fake. egold always says that they do not put any clickable links in their emails so better not to click any link you find in a supposed egold email. better to save egold's website www.e-gold.com in your browser's Favorites folder and to always check that you are in the correct site before signing in.

gjallar

• Droid-in-the-making
  • Forum Master 300
waaaaah, wag naman sana...  :cry:

by the way, soon after that email, i received one in my yahoo email, sa bulk folder that my password has been successfully changed and to email them if i didn't authorize the change. the email was from webmaster@yahoo.com.

there was a downloadable file "password.zip" around 41kb in size. i didn't download it. i opened my other yahoo programs (my yahoo, geocities, etc) and logged out and back in with my old password. it still worked. if i didn't download the file, i didn't get anything from that right?

why is it i'm suddenly getting these emails? paranoid pa man din ako.  :cry:

Adon

• Forum Tambay 200
have you tried to scan the file with antivirus?ang alam ko dyan eh hindi naman nagsesend ang yahoo something about your password.actually andami ko nag na receive tulad nyan.usually pa naman yan eh self extracting na trojans.pls have your adware or spyware program run if you tried to download the zip file.Yung bulk mail usually unsolicited emails dyan pumupunta diba? I dont think yahoo will send you there bakit hindi directly sa inbox.

FutureGizmo

• Admin
For security purposes, I decided to use only one PC to open my egold acccount and during weekends, I don't open my account because I use a different PC during weekends. Which is why it was a surprise -- a not so good one, that is -- to find this email in my mailbox today, Monday:

====================

From: AccountRobot_donotreply @ e-gold. com <AccountRobot_donotreply@e-gold.com>
Reply-To: AccountRobot_donotreply@e-gold.com

** e-gold Account Information Notice **

Time of update: 6/18/2005 10:06:30 AM GMT

This automatic email notice lets you know that modifications have been made to the Account Information settings for your e-gold account.

The current settings for your account can be viewed and modified at the e-gold website: https://www.e-gold.com/acct/login.html

Enter your account information and approve or deny the modifications made. If your account information remains unconfirmed for 48 hours, your account will be suspended.User Agreement, Section 9: we may immediately issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide our services to you if we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or us. We may also take these actions if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us. After the suspension of your account, please be advised that you will be prohibited from using E-gold in any way. This includes the registration of any new account.

Please do not reply to this automatically generated email message.
====================

I panicked after reading it and wondered how anyone can access my account. But just as I was about to click the link, I remembered: How can egold send an email to this email address when this is not what I have in my egold profile?

I figured this one's a fake email. Good thing I didn't click on anything. The address in the mail looks like the real egold address but if you hover your cursor over the link, you get a different address (it doesn't work in the above link because I've changed it).

Thus, my advise: once you receive these emails, don't panic and don't start clicking on any link that you see on the mail. Think first before doing anything. It could save your egold account from getting hacked.  :thumleft:
« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2006, 05:24 PM by FutureGizmo »

gjallar

• Droid-in-the-making
  • Forum Master 300
i got the exact, same email today too. to the wrong email account, as usual. paulit-ulit na ah... hmm...  :x

kihaad_beauty

FG, tama ung ginawa mo.

kailangan natin mag-ingat sa pagbibigay ng informatons about our egold accounts.

never click on links sent through emails.

in this case check on the links they give: instead http they have provided https, other experience e-qold instead of e-gold.

ingat lang tyo lagi.

FutureGizmo

• Admin
Quote from: gjallar
i got the exact, same email today too. to the wrong email account, as usual. paulit-ulit na ah... hmm...  :x

gjallar, i thought you feel honored  :queen: receiving those fake emails.. lol~

kihaad, tama, kelangan talaga i-check natin lagi kung tama yung natatanggap nating mga email at info. basta ang magandang paraan dyan ay hwag magki-click-click ng kung anu-anong links sa email..anyway, welcome to PMT, kihaad!  :cheers:

gjallar

• Droid-in-the-making
  • Forum Master 300
tama ung https. ung "s" after the "http" signifies that its a secure site. kapag wala ung "s", anything you put in there is not protected. when you see the "s", you also see the padlock on the lower right portion of your screen.

in that particular email, if you hover your mouse over that link, you'll see that its actually going to another URL and it no longer starts with "https". this is easily done in most emails, just like our signatures.

a good thing about gmail (that's where i receive them) is that they have this option to report these emails as phishing emails.  :fish:

gjallar

• Droid-in-the-making
  • Forum Master 300
Quote from: FutureGizmo
gjallar, i thought you feel honored  :queen: receiving those fake emails.. lol~

nung una, special, kaso pag paulit-ulit nakaka-paranoid...  :|

kihaad_beauty

MARAMING SALAMAT SA PAGUNLAK NINYO SA AKIN DITO SA PMT

FutureGizmo

• Admin
Quote from: gjallar

a good thing about gmail (that's where i receive them) is that they have this option to report these emails as phishing emails.  :fish:

where is this function in gmail, gjallar? the only thing i can find is the "Report Spam" function, or is this actually what you're referring to?

gjallar

• Droid-in-the-making
  • Forum Master 300
nope, when you receive an email, click on "more options". you'll see it there. i've reported two na.  :)

FutureGizmo

• Admin
galing a! nakikita ko pala siya dati pero nde ko nagagamit. sanay lang kasi akong diretso click sa "Report Spam" kapag may natanggap akong mail na nde para sa akin. at least ngayon alam ko na, sana pakulong ng gmail tong mga phisherman :nemo: na to lol~

chavarlison

• Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Forum Master 300
somebody just sent me this
from = "e-gold" <e-gold@e-gold.com>
date = Tue, 27 Sep 2005 22:49:13 -0400
body = Hello
Dear E-gold Account Holder
For your security we limited your account (2293099)
because we need your confirmation. so please by cliking here and complete the information raise any limitation
your account security code is : 99985547
http://e-gold.com/~host1/e-goldAccountLimitation/2293099/

they knew my name and account number. any body know what this is?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 04:03 PM by nailbiter »

FutureGizmo

• Admin
A phishing mail, that is. Egold has always reminded members that it does not and will not send emails with clickable links, so be wary of those mails, they're just out to rob you of your egold.

Check out these other fake egold emails in this thread: http://www.pinoymoneytalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274

FutureGizmo

• Admin
Be wary of that fake egold site too: http://pinoymoneytalk.com/articles_fake-egold-site.htm ;)
« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2005, 12:12 PM by FutureGizmo »

rgongora

Hahaha, daming phisherman :nemo: talaga. One friend told me rin na you should separate yung email na ginamit mo for e-gold account and another email account for your other HYIP's accounts. :sword1:

rma2003

• PMT Charter Member
  • PMT Jedi 2000
Quote from: chavarlison
somebody just sent me this
from = "e-gold"
date = Tue, 27 Sep 2005 22:49:13 -0400
body = Hello
Dear E-gold Account Holder
For your security we limited your account (2293099)
because we need your confirmation. so please by cliking here and complete the information raise any limitation
your account security code is : 99985547
[noparse]http://e-gold.com/~host1/e-goldAccountLimitation/2293099/[/noparse]

they knew my name and account number. any body know what this is?

Hello chavarlison,

Yes, there are a lot of emails being sent in the name of Paypal, certain banks, egold, intgold, etc. However, these programs have said that they won't send you links like these via email.

Sometimes, hackers mimic a site for the purpose of capturing your login details.

If you just want to check your egold, you can log into their IP address,

https://63.240.230.10/

If you want to check their certificate, it should contain this digital signature, E-gold certificate number: 587C C88D BAAB DFC3 FD81 BB2E 5B93 6931

The payment page of e-gold should look like something like this,

https://www.e-gold.com/sci_asp/payments.asp

I said that it should look like this because, in the above link, there are ceratin data missing like,

The PAYEE_ACCOUNT, The PAYEE_NAME, The PAYMENT_AMOUNT, The PAYMENT_UNITS ,The PAYMENT_METAL_ID, The PAYMENT_URL, The NOPAYMENT_URL , The BAGGAGE_FIELDS, The PAYEE_ACCOUNT, etc.

Anyway, upon logging in to your account, you can send a copy of this email to them. If you can include the full headers there, it might help in clearing things up.

Hope that helps.

:cool:
« Last Edit: Apr 06, 2006, 09:58 AM by nailbiter »

julz

• Forum Master 300
http://e-gold.com/~host1/e-goldAccountLimitation/2293099/

This page does not exist in e-gold, it may look like that only,
but underneath it is a different address altogether.

Phishing is a way of deceiving the person (you) so that you will trust
them and give out important details that the "phisher" will need to access your account.

There's even a FAKE e-gold website, spelled as e-Qold.com
the small q looks like g, so you really wouldn't notice, it
almost looks genuine, but by looking at the properties you'll see
that it's not, some links actually go to e-gold site but when logging in,
a different virtual keyboard is used, and it can really get your passphrase
without you knowing it.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 12:30 PM by nailbiter »

koyut

Buti na lang di ako nakakauha nito. Di ako special.

Emo

• Kapitan Kabute!
  • Forum Master 300
i found this on my non e-gold registered email address so i highly suspect its a phishing attack! i made a report to the e-gold administration regarding this and still waiting for an official response.

my suggestion is to NOT follow the link as it actually leads to a different UNSECURED url e-gold.be. go only to the offiical e-gold.com website. always use the official e-gold.com srk application to make sure keyloggers won't be able to log your passphrase. also, i would urge e-gold account holders to report this to the e-gold admin (again at the official site only) then maybe something can be done to avert any unwanted results.

(e-mail in question copied below)
---------------------------------
Subject:    E-gold Account Information Notice
Date:   Tue, 15 Nov 2005 15:26:11 -0500

** e-gold Account Information Notice **

Information for e-gold members. We want to inform about problems with our database. Your account could be closed for unlimited time. You need log on to https: //www.e-gold.com/acct/login.html with your account for more information.

-------------------------
(end of email in question)
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2005, 10:19 AM by Emo »

nailbiter

• Alalay ng
Make sure you have the e-gold access page bookmarked on your browser and use only that bookmark to login.

FutureGizmo

• Admin
Merge ko na lang to with the original egold phishing emails thread...

2slick

• Forum Champion 700
SUBJECT:Notification of e-gold account Verification

Dear e-gold user,

As part of our continuing commitment to protect your account and to reduce the instance of fraud on our website, we are undertaking a period review of our member accounts.You are requested to visit our site by following the link given below

[URL=http://64.191.69.245/~onliscn/eg/acct.asp/]https://www.e-gold.com/acct/verification.asp[/URL]

Please fill in the required information.
This is required for us to continue to offer you a safe and risk free environment to send and receive money online, and maintain the e-gold Experience.
Thank you
Accounts Management

Copyright 2003 e-gold Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
e-gold and the e-gold logo are trademarks of e-gold

MAG INGAT MGA MEMBERS, I RECEIVED THIS EMAIL THIS MORNING. Naka embed dun sa link ay fake link ng e-gold.

Please be aware.  When you see this email please delete in your inbox.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 12:30 PM by nailbiter »

julz

• Forum Master 300
kaya ako lagi kong tinitingnan mabuti ung mga links kung san papunta.
pwede rin kasi ung URL masking, ibang page lalabas pero tama ung nasa
address bar mo, tapos ung hidden ung real link...
usually sa email copy&paste but not copy-shortcut kc un ung fake link
that you don't see...

melvz

Your correct guys, this URL link points to an unregistered domain and definitely not from E-gold site.

Better check your browsers, and always enable "View > Status Bar" so that you could easily see what site you'll be clicking....

Cheers!

aapuntar

• Forum Master 400
The hacker is back with a new gimmick. Before, it is your email account that is in target, now it is your egold account. Got this email in my yahoo account:

To:   armand_0618@yahoo.com
Subject:   Notification of e-gold account update
From:   AccountRobot_donotreply@e-gold.com  Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book  Add Mobile Alert
Date:   Sun, 05 Feb 2006 05:44:40 -0500

Account trouble

We are contacting You to remind You that on 5/2/2006 our Account Review Team identified some unusual
activity in Your account. In accordance with e-gold´s User Agreement and to ensure that Your account has
not been compromised, access to Your account was limited. Your account access will remain limited until
this issue has been resolved.

Please click on the link bellow and log in to Your account:

Click here to activate your account

---

What is funny here is that, it's not my yahoo account that I used in my e-gold account. bakit dun nya ako ino-notify? hahahaha!

Then when you look from your status bar kung saan kayo dadalhin ng link, it is from the same person who is trying to hack your yahoo account.

:D

2slick

• Forum Champion 700
repapips baka dun sa hyip na sinalihan mo, assuming sila na yung email na binigay mo sa kanila dun naka tag yung e-gold account mo.  kaya

pag sali sa hyip:
1. use a different name
2. use a different email that is not tag with your e-gold account.
3. use a different passwords for your email, e-gold account and hyips.  Copy and paste yung mga passwords sa isang text file o kaya naman sa isang password protected na excel file para sa mga keyloggers.

minsan naman dun sa mga hyip na sinasalihan natin binebenta yung mga info pag hindi gaano kumita yung mga scammers.  Usually parami ng parami spam mo kapag palaging sumasali sa mga hit and run.

aapuntar

• Forum Master 400

mistcast

tubong lugaw pala talaga yang mga scammers na yan... :(

chad

You won $500! Yahoo! Mail congratulates you!

CONGRATULATIONS!

YOU WON $500!

Yahoo! Mail gives members random cash prizes. Today, your account is randomly selected as the one of 12 top winners accounts who will get cash prizes from us. Please click the link below and follow instructions on our web site. Your money will be paid directly to your e-gold, PayPal, StormPay or MoneyBookers account.

Click here to get your prize:

http://lottery.yahoo.com/lottery/prizes.php?sid=a3n92dj2d3&rd=us&id=23018392384378&uid=2e5a4h43u2r3u5y1c3&id=28403934224345345

Sincerely,
The Yahoo.com staff
Yahoo.com http://www.yahoo.com

yan naman ang nakuha ko.
pagclik mo sa link.. hihingan ka ng log in sa egold mo.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 12:23 PM by nailbiter »

part_timer_lang

:D Hay naku, check niyo email na nareceive ko.
Buti na lang halos everyday ako palit ng e-gold pass ko at email address :cool:

-----------------------------

AccountRobot_donotreply@e-gold.com  to me    3:27 am (1½ hours ago)
From: AccountRobot_donotreply@e-gold.com <AccountRobot_donotreply@e-gold.com> Mailed-By: can13.de

To: *******@gmail.com
Date: Feb 9, 2006 3:27 AM
Subject: Notification of e-gold account update
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Add sender to Contacts list | Delete this message | Report phishing | Show original | Message text garbled?

MIME-Version: 1.0

Message-Id: <20060208192720.EE56D5C855B@can13.de>
Date: Wed,  8 Feb 2006 20:27:20 +0100 (CET)

Account trouble

Notification of e-gold account update

We are contacting You to remind You that on 2/3/2006

our Account Review Team identified some unusual activity
in Your account. In

accordance with e-gold´s User
Agreement and to ensure that Your account has not

been
compromised, access to Your account was limited. Your account
access will remain

limited until this issue has been resolved.

Please click

on the link bellow and log in to Your account:

http://www.sweswat.net/e107_images/login.htm

Click here to activate Your account

Please do not reply to this automatically generated

email message.

Content-Type: text/html

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Message-Id:<1124534800.18907@paypal.com>

Return-Path:<service@paypal.com>
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 12:26 PM by nailbiter »

nailbiter

• Alalay ng
A reminder to those posting phishing emails, please check first if it's been previously listed in this sticky thread so we won't have redundant posts.

part_timer_lang, the second email that you posted twice is already on the first post of this thread.
« Last Edit: Feb 10, 2006, 12:42 PM by nailbiter »

part_timer_lang

^ noted po. :)

Anyway, that's 3 emails already.

Take note po. Emails from e-gold are usually for
1) Notification of e-gold account update
2) Pin access

and the from field is

Ah basta, sa main e-gold page lang kayo log-in. Don't click on any links.
« Last Edit: Feb 10, 2006, 12:51 PM by part_timer_lang »

part_timer_lang

Baka may mareceive kayong email na may link na ganito:

h@ttp@:@//e@gold@-bug-@exploit@.c@j@b.@n@et/

Just remove the "@". Do not click.

For other info, check Talkgold thread
« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2006, 11:51 PM by part_timer_lang »

annanymous

• Anonymous
peepz help naman po!!! I received an email from e-gold with a subject: Notification of e-gold account update from AccountRobot_donotreply@e-gold.com. The message was:

Items updated:  Point of Contact
             Update performed from IP address: 69.26.114.157
             Time of update: 2/15/2006 5:04:26 PM GMT

Eh hindi naman ako nagupdate.  Sa sobrang takot ko na baka may nag-access ng account ko, na-click ko yung link.  Pero nagtaka ako kasi kahit sa e-gold napunta, yung real address is [noparse]http://www.norwegian.org/e107/e107_images/e-gold.com/login[/noparse].

tapos ng nagsign-in ako dun sa na-click kong link using my e-gold username account and password, sabi "account frozen".  bat nagkaganon?  help naman po please...  na-hack na ba account pag ganon?
« Last Edit: Apr 06, 2006, 09:48 AM by nailbiter »

FutureGizmo

• Admin
annanymous, this has been discussed several times in the forum. a similar spoof site has also been mentioned in this PMT article. mukhang nabiktima ka ng isang egold spoof/hacking site.

here's what you need to do right now:

1 - go to http://www.e-gold.com and log in using your account info.
2 - if you're able to login and access your account, change all your login info. use an email address that is unknown to the public (better if an email add that you rarely use or you privately use) and never use the same password for your email account and egold account. heighten your AccSent settings, if possible.
3 - scan your PC for virus, trojan, adware, spyware, etc. visit the Technology folder for reliable programs/softwares you can use. this partly ensures there's no software/trojan in your PC that will send your egold information to the hacker.
4 - if, however, you fail to login to your account even if you've tried several times using your correct login information, there's a high chance your account has already been hacked. if it indeed was hacked, you have no other choice but to contact egold and notify them of the situation. wait for further instructions from them.

what you did wrong is that you should have never clicked any link in those emails. as mentioned several times before, egold never sends emails with links, for the exact reason that egold doesn't want you clicking on any spoof email.

you always have to login using e-gold's official URL or its official IP address. never login to egold using a link you found somewhere. better to always bookmark egold's URL.

annanymous

• Anonymous
thanks FG! :)  Nakapag-log in na ko sa e-gold account ko.  I immediately changed my passphrase.  Buti na lang zero balance account ko kaya ok lang kahit ma-hack. :D  Simula ngayon mag-iingat na ko at magbabasa na din ako ng mga informative threads like this dito sa forum. :)

palawanisland

• Forum Tambay 100
WARNING!!! another phishing mail in circulation...

email contain history about e-gold and ask security check.

h**p://www.rondoniasat.com.br/html/acct/login.*
obviuosly domain is not from e-gold..

website ask for e-gold account number, passpharse
then it will say that account is frozen.. ask for email and password..

totally unproffessional.. he/she did not even buy a domain that look like e-gold.
i just hope that no one got hack coz of this..

:rolleyes:

annanymous

• Anonymous
peepz help po uli... naka-received na naman ako ng email. this time from ProgenyRobot_donotreply@e-gold.com. ang subject is "new e-gold Progeny account created". e2 po ang message:  The account 'ProfitMonster Plan2', # 2907161 has been created with you
(Account 2829168) marked as the Originator.  (This mail automatically
generated).

sa e-gold ba talaga galing yung mail? if sa e-gold nga, pano kaya nagawa yung account eh di naman ako gumagawa ng new account sa e-gold?

please help me guys... ano pong dapat kong gawin...:confused:

palawanisland

• Forum Tambay 100
most probobly.. its a new member that sign up using your refferal link.. sayang wala refferal page sa e-gold para makita mo nga downlines.. anyway makikita mo na lang may incentive na na crecredit sa account mo from time to time pag nakarecieved downline mo ng funds..

annanymous

• Anonymous
sana nga ganon... thanks skamfroj! :) nawala ang kaba ko...  

OT:  kung sino man po yung nag-sign up sa e-gold using may referral link, many thanks!!!:D  sana madami pang mabait na katulad mo... :D

swoops

• Forum Tambay 100
got this from my email.  naka tanggap rin ba kayo nito?

Dear e-gold payment system user, The recent cases of fraud, unauthorized withdrawal of cash from our clients accounts and recurred attempts of hackers to access our server forced us to implement a new security system.

The special program will ensure safe connection of your computer to our server by means of a unique encoded key, specially generated for each account. Only the combination of your login, password and the key will allow you to access the system. The program is enclosed to the message and doesn't need any installation. By one click you will be connected to the server and the program will generate the key.

After that you will enter your account from Internet Explorer, which is absolutely safe. You will be signed out of the program automatically after closing the window. See the detailed operationalinstruction enclosed to the program.

We have to warn you, that if you want to be the user of our system in future, you'll have to accept our rules and to use this program. Otherwise please call the numbers below to withdraw your funds. For the detailed information please enter our site or use our hot line to contact us by phone.

Our Contacts:

Phone (Worldwide) +1 321-957-1200
FAX (Worldwide) +1 321-952-0790

---------------------------------------------
Thank you for using e-gold!
---------------------------------------------

nailbiter

• Alalay ng
^Didn't receive that. I also just logged in to my account with no problems, no unique encoded key being asked for. It's very likely that's a phishing email that links to a script that will execute in IE.

Any actual changes to e-gold are almost always announced here: http://www.e-gold.com/news.html

Fyi, contact info listed on the e-gold webpage are:

Phone (Worldwide) +1 321-956-1200
FAX (Worldwide) +1 321-951-0790
« Last Edit: Feb 25, 2006, 06:57 PM by nailbiter »

FutureGizmo

• Admin
Saka yun nga, egold emails ALWAYS don't have links or attached files, kaya most likely phishing email nga yan.

part_timer_lang

^ I got the same email. Inireport ko na sa gmail kaya nawala na sa inbox ko.

If you checked the phone numbers, isang digit lang ang nag-iba so hindi mapapansin pag hindi inisa-isa
« Last Edit: Feb 25, 2006, 08:15 PM by part_timer_lang »

odie

got the email too... sa gmail, eto last line ng message:

--B7E3D3E906B97A27A45D4FCAAA145B56

Content-Type: application/x-rar-compressed; name="eGold.rar"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="eGold.rar"

.... after nito, long list of characters na seemingly gibberish (encryption?), pero walang attachement although sabi sa email merong program attached...
nilinis na kaya ng gmail sakaling may trojan?

lx638

• Moderation is Virtue
  • Forum Expert 500
nakatanggap ako ng email uli:

Date:    Sat, 25 Feb 2006 11:00:10 GMT
To:   lx638@yahoo.com.ph
Subject:   Limit Confirmation

Dear Customer,

This email was sent automatically by e-gold in response to our
administration request to confirm Your account's limit, because it
is too small to receive funds from 2717646. If You will not confirm
Your account's limit, the funds will be returned back to sender and
You will loose ability to confirm Your account's limit at all. The limit
for Your account was set up for security reasons. This is done
for Your protection and only You, the recipient of this email, can take
the next step in the limit confirmation process.

To confirm Your account's limit, follow these steps:

1. Click on the link bellow.(link removed)
2. Fill in the appropriate fields to confirm Your data and click Submit.
Then You will be able to confirm Your account's limit and access Your account.

If You do not want to confirm Your e-gold account's limit, please ignore this email.

hindi ito ang ginagamit kong email address sa e-gold account ko. :p

ano ba purpose ng headers? ni-check ko kasi:
X-Apparently-To:    lx638@yahoo.com.ph via 209.191.68.206; Sat, 25 Feb 2006 03:00:32 -0800
X-Originating-IP:   [84.244.10.148]
Return-Path:   <www-data@noob.lt>
Authentication-Results:   mta322.mail.mud.yahoo.com from=e-gold.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig)
Received:   from 84.244.10.148 (EHLO noob.lt) (84.244.10.148) by mta322.mail.mud.yahoo.com with SMTP; Sat, 25 Feb 2006 03:00:32 -0800
Received:   from noob.lt (localhost [127.0.0.1]) by noob.lt (8.13.4/8.13.4/Debian-3) with ESMTP id k1PB0A7L026096 for <lx638@yahoo.com.ph>; Sat, 25 Feb 2006 11:00:10 GMT
Received:   (from www-data@localhost) by noob.lt (8.13.4/8.13.4/Submit) id k1PB0ARN026083; Sat, 25 Feb 2006 11:00:10 GMT
Date:   Sat, 25 Feb 2006 11:00:10 GMT
Message-Id:   <200602251100.k1PB0ARN026083@noob.lt>

ni-check ko din ung ip address:
City:   -
Region:   -
ISP:   SPRAY NETWORK SERVICES AB
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 12:22 PM by nailbiter »

annanymous

• Anonymous
guys, help naman please.  i created another account sa e-gold kasi feeling ko may nakakaaccess na nung isa kong account dahil may na-click akong link sa phishing email before.  after ko mag-create ng account using a different email. nagsend ng email ang egold sa unang email na ginamit ko before na ang subject ay "progeny account created" which contains the details ng new account na na-create ko.  that's the same email na nareceive ko before nung wala pa naman akong ginagawang ibang e-gold account.  sa tingin nyo ba may iba talagang nakaka-access ng account ko?

lx638

• Moderation is Virtue
  • Forum Expert 500
medyo off topic: progeny account created

kasi po, ung referral link ng e-gold mo nakadisplay sa signature. ung mga ngsign under u, progeny mo sila. kaya once somebody signs under your account, u will receive an email about it. ngayon, i assume that u created your new e-gold account using the referral id of your first account. kaya nakatanggap ka ng email

annanymous

• Anonymous
^nope. di ko ginamit referral link ko. kaya nga ako nagtataka eh... bakit kaya ganon?  dahil kaya same ng IP address?

stars01

in any case, have you visited your referral link some time before? baka kasi they're using cookies at naremember lang ng site yung referral id mo since binisita mo siya before.

part_timer_lang

Got another email a few minutes ago, ibang version naman. Reported it again to Gmail.

--------------

Notification of e-gold account update   Inbox
-------------  
 AccountRobot_donotreply@e-gold.com  to me
  Hide options   3:38 pm (0 minutes ago)

To: *******@gmail.com
Date: Mar 3, 2006 3:38 PM
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Add sender to Contacts list | Delete this message | Report phishing | Show original | Message text garbled?
Account trouble

We are contacting You to remind You that on 02/3/2006 our Account Review Team identified some unusual
activity in Your account. In accordance with e-gold´s User Agreement and to ensure that Your account has
not been compromised, access to Your account was limited. Your account access will remain limited until
this issue has been resolved.

Please click on the link bellow and log in to Your account:

Click here to activate your account

---

annanymous

• Anonymous
^siguro nga ganon.  kasi same address at contact number yung nilagay ko sa parehong accounts.  sabi naman ni lx638, basta daw walang link yung email na na-send sa kin at informative lang, di naman daw siguro phishing email yon. :)  thanks stars01! :D

aapuntar

• Forum Master 400
I've received this from my email acct na hindi ko naman gamit sa egold acct ko.
Date:    Thu, 16 Mar 2006 18:28:48 -0500
From:   "Egold Security Center" <AccountRobot_donotreply@e-gold.com> 
To:   ME
Subject:   Account Security Recommendation

** e-gold Account Security Recomendation Notice **

This automatic email notice is to inform that to
to reduce risk while working with your e-gold
account online install e-gold Secured 1.0 on your
PC before you login to e-gold account. Download and
run the following software.

e-gold Secured 1.0
Reduces risk of losing cash to minimum
---

Link to executable
https://www.e-gold.com/secure/setup.exe

Link to view Security Recommendations
https://www.e-gold.com/unsecure/alert.html

Brief description:
- determines phishing websites (Internet Explorer 4.0+,
Opera 8.32, Firefox 2.01)

- determines and then blocks phishing emails (Outlook,
Outlook Express, TheBat, Thunderbird) by verious
criteria such as spoofed address, spoofed link, geo IP,
etc.

- monitors and prevents all kinds of system hooks and
Internet Explorer hooks while working with e-gold
account

- automatically updates threats, phishing methods,
e-gold viruses/trojans databases

Please do not reply to this automatically generated
email message

I advise you not to click the links. It will direct you to other link. setup.exe when click becomes a background process, baka keylogger to.

Hindi ko na nipost yung links dito baka may makaclick pa. ingats na lng.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 12:22 PM by nailbiter »

nailbiter

• Alalay ng
Kahit i-post mo aapuntar, edit na lang natin para di na clickable.

aapuntar

• Forum Master 400
^sinabi mo e. dito ka dadalhin nung link:

www.e-gold-secured.com/unsecure/setup.exe

so ipro-prompt ka ng browser mo to download. pagka-download mo then click, walang mangyayari, pero yung setup.exe mo nasa background process na ng pc mo. Don't worry about be, sa ibang pc ko ni-try. hehehe.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 12:23 PM by nailbiter »

nailbiter

• Alalay ng
Inuulit natin, fake yang e-mail na yan a. Huwag nyong i-download yan. We just place it here for reference dahil posibleng ma-rephrase ang e-mail na yan but with a link to the same file.
« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2006, 03:54 PM by nailbiter »

FutureGizmo

• Admin
Natanggap ko today, another mail that will most probably get your egold account hacked. Beware, don't visit the links below!

From: AccountRobot_donotreply @ e-gold. com <AccountRobot_donotreply@e-gold.com>   
Date: Mar 30, 2006 5:48 AM
Subject: Your e-gold account has been temporarily frozen

Dear e-gold user,

e-gold is currently conducting security-related verifications of all member accounts registered with the e-gold service.

This measure is an integral part of the e-gold Security Policy, which has been developed with the purpose of ensuring the highest level of security to all of our users.

To verify your account, click on the link below, login to your account, and follow the instructions: http://www.egold.com/safe/acct/login.html

Verifications will be accepted until 31th March 2006 . If you fail to verify your account until this date, your account will be rendered inactive and will be a subject of termination.

We are sorry for this inconvenience,
The e-gold security department.

Yung link sa email e actually redirected sa http://www.egold-safe.com/acct/login.html --> Wag niyo puntahan 'to, mukhang hacking site...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 12:21 PM by nailbiter »

maverick

• Forum Tambay 100
ako every week nakakatanggap nyang mga pishing-pishing na yan. pero deadma lang, :D  i always type na lang sa address bar 'yung egold site and making sure na gamit ko 'yung 'srk' function:)

nailbiter

• Alalay ng
Latest mail:

Date: Apr 5, 2006 8:44 PM
Subject: Steps to Remove Limitations

Dear,

e-gold is constantly working to ensure security by regularly screening the accounts in our system. We recently reviewed your account, and we need more information to help us provide you with secure service. Until we can collect this information, your access to sensitive account features will be limited. We would like to restore your access as soon as possible, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Why is my account access limited?    

Your account access has been limited for the following reason(s):

# We would like to ensure that your account was not accessed by an unauthorized third party. Because protecting the security of your account is our primary concern, we have limited access to sensitive e-gold account features. We understand that this may be an inconvenience but please understand that this temporary limitation is for your protection.

(Your case ID for this reason is EG-096-539-297.)

How can I restore my account access?    

Please confirm account information by clicking here <hyperlink>Resolution Center<hyperlink> and complete the "Steps to Remove Limitations."

Once you complete all of the checklist items, your case will be reviewed by one of our Account Specialists. We will send you an email with the outcome of the review.

Copyright ©2006 e-gold. All rights reserved.
Information about FDIC pass-through insurance

Hyperlink on "Resolution Center" leads to http://www.confirme-gold.com/e-gold/web/3.html (phishing site 'to, don't use it)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 12:20 PM by nailbiter »

part_timer_lang

htt*p://phot*ohyip.com/

Without the asterisks, this is a fake e-gold site. Can anybody tell the difference without looking at the address?

swoops

• Forum Tambay 100

Subject:    Notification of e-gold account update

Dear e-gold customer,

We recently reviewed your account, and suspect that your e-gold
account may have been accessed by an unauthorized third party.

Protecting the security of your account and of the e-gold network
is our primary concern. Therefore, as a preventative measure, we
have temporarily limited access to sensitive account features.

To restore your account access, please take the following steps to
ensure that your account has not been compromised:

1. Login to your e-gold account. In case you are not enrolled yet,
you will have to fill in the required information, including your
current e-gold e-mail and it's password.

2. Review your recent account history for any unauthorized
withdrawals or deposits, and check your account profile to make
sure no changes have been made. If any unauthorized activity has
taken place your account, report to e-gold staff immediately.

To get started, please click link below:

Restore your e-gold account access

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate
assistance in helping us maintain the integrity of the entire
e-gold system. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

naka tanggap din ako today.  remember always na lang na di nag send ang egold na may mga hyperlinks sa email nila.  anything na may mga links sa loob ng email discard na lang agad :)

aapuntar

• Forum Master 400
For newbie information and to those who still don't know how phishing emails work or look like, here's one but please don't try it with your real information. Kahit anong data naman ang iinput mo tatanggapin nya kasi ang goal lang naman dito is: 1. to get your egold # and paraphras. 2. To get your email address used in your egold and of course your email password.

Here's the first screen to show kapag na-click mo yung egold link sa phishing email na natanggap mo. As so can see, gayang-gayang ang egold site. but check the url, it is wrong.

After inputing your egold details and clicking login, heto naman ang screen na tatambad sa'yo:

See that the 2nd screen ask the details of your e-gold related email because your egold is FROZEN daw. syempre takot ka naman. Remember that egold will never do this.

After giving your email details and clicking login, ise-send nya info to the address of the hacker. presto! kaya na nyang pasukin ang egold mo then change details.

Kaya remember, doble ingat lang kayo.
« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2006, 12:06 AM by aapuntar »

ronald_geaneyz

tnx aapuntar for the information..

hope everyone will read about that for more informations..

tnx a lot..

askepott

• Forum Master 400
nakareceived din ako nian! hindi ko naiclick un link.. naicheck ko agad un e-gold acct ko tapos ok pa naman.. tapos naalala ko tong thread na 'to although hindi ko pa nababasa ito nun nareceived ko un email :P HAHA

annanymous

• Anonymous
waaaa.. nangyari sa kin yung example ni aapuntar.  last month nangyari, eh mejo tatanga tanga pa ko non kaya ayun na-type ko yung details.  so far, hindi pa naman naha-hack yung account ko. at wag naman sanang mangyari. *knock on wood*

xxdunhillxx

• Forum Master 300
Anna, i hope you've already changed your password after mangyari sa 'yo yan.

annanymous

• Anonymous

PMT Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Post only questions or comments here. Advertisements NOT ALLOWED.
  • Doni_megaworld: work work
    Today at 02:47 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: What's good in this afternoon?
    Today at 02:01 PM
  • Doni_megaworld: agreed
    Yesterday at 03:30 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: @lyndrey depende siguro sa seller, so kung mag order kayo online much better na kilala niyo at trusted
    Yesterday at 02:29 PM
  • Doni_megaworld: kumusta? sino mga online?
    May 24, 2020, 03:24 PM
  • lyndrey: Do not buy PPE online. Either expensive overpriced or totally damaged or cannot be used
    May 24, 2020, 01:37 PM
  • lyndrey: Online Scammers/online shopping cheats are active with stay at home regimen.
    May 24, 2020, 01:34 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: @razee22 Parang di na po nacoconvert into money ang load po.
    May 12, 2020, 04:07 PM
  • razee22: any advised or recommendation?
    May 12, 2020, 11:16 AM
  • razee22: Paano po ba iconvert ang load into money like Paypal, Paymaya or Gcash?
    May 12, 2020, 11:15 AM
  • razee22: paano po ba iconvert ang load into money? Paypal or Gcash
    May 12, 2020, 11:14 AM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Hellooooo, okay lang ba kayo dyannnn?
    May 11, 2020, 11:40 AM
  • theimprobableone: hi
    May 05, 2020, 11:37 AM
  • freelance_treasure_hunter: hello all...
    Apr 28, 2020, 04:26 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Can someone save me?
    Mar 24, 2020, 01:39 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: I'm tired.
    Mar 24, 2020, 01:39 PM
  • Victorvargas: Hello sa lahat po new lang po dito. Hope na marami matutunan ako about business.
    Mar 21, 2020, 09:43 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Yoh, its been a while.
    Mar 17, 2020, 10:33 AM
  • demi07: Hello everyone! New in pinoymoneytalk :)
    Mar 14, 2020, 01:24 PM
  • theappswitch: Hi!
    Feb 25, 2020, 03:14 PM
  • mike2020: hi po sa inyo lahat
    Feb 23, 2020, 11:52 PM
  • Jayjayqwe: hi po
    Feb 19, 2020, 11:27 PM
  • tirs d pip: hello
    Feb 18, 2020, 02:32 PM
  • Ace1105: Hello sa lahat...  :hello:
    Feb 07, 2020, 09:46 AM
  • FREYAHYARA: Anyone knows where Ig shops like styledom.ph, thriftme, instashoppeavenu and the likes get their items for selling. Would like to venture in the same business but would like to know where and who the suppliers are
    Jan 28, 2020, 09:38 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: To bpc85 kung nakalagay ang inyong names sa beneficiary list ng iyong ama kay may makukuha po kayo.
    Nov 28, 2019, 02:18 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Hellooooo, its been a while. :)
    Nov 28, 2019, 02:16 PM
  • miakashidou31: hi , meron po ba ditong nagta transfer sa paypal?
    Nov 05, 2019, 01:46 PM
  • whennedy: good noon po
    Oct 18, 2019, 12:04 PM
  • edzlpdac: goood day po sa lahat!
    Oct 12, 2019, 03:37 PM
  • bpc85: ask lng sana ako kung may makukuha ba kami ng Mama ko at ako or mga kapatid ko sa benepisyo ng aming Ama bilang membro ng AFPSLAI. thank you po.
    Sep 27, 2019, 12:52 PM
  • bpc85: Hi guys, im new here,.
    Sep 27, 2019, 12:52 PM
  • Anaperdi: Hi just want to know if meron dito who is into boundary hulog ng motorcycle? For mga riders ng courier. Pwede ba magpashare how it works? Naisip ko lang baka pwede ko ibusiness, meron na pala mga posts online pero di pa clear ang system sa akin. thank  you sa makakapansin
    Sep 21, 2019, 11:32 AM
  • Anaperdi: Hi newbie here..
    Sep 21, 2019, 11:19 AM
  • jprios: May contact ba kayo kung sakali?
    Sep 18, 2019, 06:11 PM
  • jprios: Sino pwedeng mahiraman dito?
    Sep 18, 2019, 06:09 PM
  • kfg52: Present!
    Sep 15, 2019, 07:26 PM
  • juju31: san po ba may nag papahiram dito
    Sep 14, 2019, 07:18 PM
  • juju31: hello
    Sep 14, 2019, 07:18 PM
  • FutureGizmo: Thanks julz! Medyo ganun nga trabaho namin ngayon, to monitor spam posts kasi ang daming spam bots. But thanks for reporting. Auto-ban agad ang spammers sa amin haha
    Sep 07, 2019, 12:17 PM
  • julz: @FutureGizmo si @nikkikv18 just posted more than 10 posts about porn sites. hay, spam.
    Sep 03, 2019, 01:05 PM
  • Cid_brent: sino po dyan pwede magbigay send ng paypal funds and I will pay you using gcash?
    Aug 25, 2019, 08:58 PM
  • Meghan91811: Sino po may alam about Rice Farming...
    Aug 25, 2019, 07:44 AM
  • roselove: hello po sa inyo... newbie here
    Aug 06, 2019, 03:31 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Sino palaging active dito?
    Jul 30, 2019, 04:15 PM
  • dagocjasonrey: Anong update dito?
    Jul 22, 2019, 08:49 PM
  • mark_Lee: anong bago dito
    Jun 28, 2019, 01:03 AM
  • mark_Lee: balita
    Jun 28, 2019, 01:03 AM
  • Lovelyprincess72: hi everyone , I'm newbie here
    Jun 27, 2019, 02:36 PM