Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: How to start a Fishpond business?  (Read 74314 times)

Offline lonely_planet

• Thanks Received: 0
How to start a Fishpond business?
« on: Aug 14, 2009, 11:55 AM »
Advertisement
hi guys. Does anyone of you have an experience managing a Fishpond business? I want to have a massive information on how to start doing this. Please share your tips and ideas in dealing with this kind of industry..thanks..your replies will be truly appreciated.. :hello:
Learn to live Life

Offline AbysmalSpecter

• Forum Expert
Re: How to start a Fishpond business?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 14, 2009, 03:22 PM »
Ask Sir Zap.
I'm tired and fed up of being tired and fed up!

Offline parseltounge

• Probie
« Reply #2 on: Aug 14, 2009, 08:14 PM »

hi guys. Does anyone of you have an experience managing a Fishpond business? I want to have a massive information on how to start doing this. Please share your tips and ideas in dealing with this kind of industry..thanks..your replies will be truly appreciated.. :hello:

my father is operating a fishpond for more than two decades....usually one to two hectares ang size ng isang pond...it is located in panguil bay, lanao del norte, mindanao...mostly crabs and prawns ang pinapalaki....every three months ang harvesting...ung feeds namn kinukuha lng namn sa dagat---a kind of seashell that looks like tahong but a little bit smaller.....ung mga crablets at prawnlets namn kinukuha namin sa bureau of fisheries....tapos meron na ready buyer from manila tuwing harvesting....

Offline lonely_planet

« Reply #3 on: Aug 16, 2009, 04:12 PM »
how much is the starting capital for having a fish pond?I am very much interested in this kind of business
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2009, 04:14 PM by lonely_planet »
Learn to live Life

Offline dinaren

• Posting Guru
« Reply #4 on: Aug 16, 2009, 04:33 PM »
depende yan lonely planet, kung meron ka na ba ready-made pond preferable along a creek or river, or bibili ka pa lang lupa tapos papa-develop mo papahukay mo pa that would entail a huge amount of money (we're talking by the millions). Pero kung may ready made na mas maganda, suppliers na lang ng bangus or tilapia fry kelangan mo.

Ang iba nagrerent na lang ng pond tapos nagbbreed na lang sila milkfish or tilapia (2-3mos harvesting)  or prawn (about 6mos or more time harvesting). Depende rin ang cost kung Ano ba plano mo palakihin bangus,tilapia, or prawn. Bangus and tilapia mas lesser ang cost of capital and mas "safe" palakihin kesa prawns which is more expensive capital, riskier to breed (kasi marami namamatay) pero definitely more profitable.
"If there's one thing I learned in prison it's that money is not the prime commodity in our lives... time is."  -Gordon Gecko

Offline DonT

• PMT Jedi
« Reply #5 on: Aug 16, 2009, 04:42 PM »
I guess..like in any business..location is very important..in this case..location of your pond. The source of water is very important. Madali kasi makakuha ng mga sakit and other problems sa mga fishponds na malapit lang sa populated areas.

My father in law engaged with it a few times before..but it was a hit and miss affair. He rented a fishpen for 3 years...success on the first 2 years..then disaster on the last.

There are many factors involve...kaya its better to be hands-on..mahirap ipagkatiwala. dami pwede pangdaraya na pwede mangyari.
Never argue with an Idiot, They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline acurquia

• Posting Guru
« Reply #6 on: Aug 16, 2009, 09:55 PM »

Offline SirZap

• Forum Expert
« Reply #7 on: Aug 17, 2009, 06:03 AM »
Those who can, do; those who can't, teach. ~ George Bernard Shaw
four hour work week

Offline lonely_planet

« Reply #8 on: Aug 17, 2009, 03:38 PM »
im still seeking for a land to rent..actually nasa isip ko pa lang magkaron ng ganitong business. I havent have a land yet and my capital is around 330k.I know that is not much thats why I am asking how much would be the estimate starting capital as for this kind of business so I can prepare and save for the needed amount.how much is the rent for the land in terms of hectares somewhere in bulacan?Does any one know? Kasi Ive heard that  a lot of people are doing their fishpond business in that place and it is very near manila where my parents live.Kasi Im planning to let my father run the business in the future coz im working abroad.i really dont know anyone personally that is managing this kind of industry that is why Im opt to hear some insights to people who have experience dealing with it.Thanks to those who replied to this thread.It is very much appreciated.
Learn to live Life

Offline parseltounge

• Probie
« Reply #9 on: Aug 17, 2009, 07:33 PM »

how much is the starting capital for having a fish pond?I am very much interested in this kind of business

pag sau na ung pond, mas maganda...usually sa amin pag magdedevelop ka ng pond nasa 500k ang isang hectare....pero pag magrerent ka 15k per year sa bandang amin (sobrang mura). s0:

pond rental: 15k/yr
prawnlets: 20k  ( 25 cents/prawnlets)
feeds: 10k(for three months)
caretaker: 10% of the net income

dati rati milyon kinikita ng erpat ko sa isang taon....noong kapanahunan ng el ninyo....ngaun four years nang palaging lugi...swerte na kung magbreak even....eto lang kac alam ng erpat ko pagkakitaan kaya di nya maiwan....ang ending----hingi ng hingi pangpuhuman sa anak na ofw---at ako yun....kainis ubos na ipon ko,,,,,

Offline parseltounge

• Probie
« Reply #10 on: Aug 17, 2009, 07:37 PM »

depende yan lonely planet, kung meron ka na ba ready-made pond preferable along a creek or river, or bibili ka pa lang lupa tapos papa-develop mo papahukay mo pa that would entail a huge amount of money (we're talking by the millions). Pero kung may ready made na mas maganda, suppliers na lang ng bangus or tilapia fry kelangan mo.

Ang iba nagrerent na lang ng pond tapos nagbbreed na lang sila milkfish or tilapia (2-3mos harvesting)  or prawn (about 6mos or more time harvesting). Depende rin ang cost kung Ano ba plano mo palakihin bangus,tilapia, or prawn. Bangus and tilapia mas lesser ang cost of capital and mas "safe" palakihin kesa prawns which is more expensive capital, riskier to breed (kasi marami namamatay) pero definitely more profitable.

ang tiger prawns sa amin pinakamatagal na four months usually three months lang....

Offline dinaren

• Posting Guru
« Reply #11 on: Aug 17, 2009, 09:09 PM »
^ here i am again. Pasensya na sa enthusiasm ko, excited lang ako magkwento sa fishpond namin.

yup, our prawns presumably grow slower because we are mixing it with the milkfish in a semi-intensive breeding pond(diversification). We prefer the pond ("Hukay lupa") as compared to Cage because aside from the possibility of "diversifying" your products, you can also "control" the environment more as to the salinity (brackish water), pH, and the oxygenation of the water. Besides sa amin naman ang pond so bawas expenses din. May mga katabi rin kami ponds na nirerentahan namin from time to time if the need arises. Ang bilihan ng ready pond/hectare ngayon doon sa amin e around 500k/ha lang. Mura pa sya sa ngayon. We do harvest about 4 x a year sa bangus and about 2x a year for the prawns.

As to the culturing our own fishlings and prawnlets, unfortunately we dont have the technology to do that because that would entail expertise, more intensive care, and risk on our part so we get supplies from reliable/trustworthy breeders that has been in the industry for awhile. Aside from that, im also here abroad and i only entrust everything to my caretaker and relatives and communicate with them regularly thru videoconferencing (haha sosyal!).

as to brokers ang kuha nila sa amin ay depende ranging from 65-85/kilo then benta nila retail around 75-100/kilo may "bidding" din kung sino pinakamataas ang offer among them. depende sa season and weather. :cool2:

as regards kung "masarap" ang bangus namin. haha well, if i say masarap i would be very bias. So far naman palagi pinag-aagawan products namin by the "viajeros" or brokers. So judging from that, it must be masarap.

Ngayon naman nasa abroad ako to save up additional capital for my planned venture of bangus processing/deboning for direct distribution to local markets/malls/groceries provincewide and eventually nationwide and later on possibly entering the export business. Dream "big" kumbaga. :rakenrol:

all in all siguro kung gusto mo mag-umpisa for fishpond business with rented ponds, maybe you can start at about 500k/ha conservative estimate (eg.1.5M for a 3hectares and so on), depende sa location. Tapos ipa-rolling mo na lang ang capital.

hth.
"If there's one thing I learned in prison it's that money is not the prime commodity in our lives... time is."  -Gordon Gecko

Offline SirZap

• Forum Expert
« Reply #12 on: Aug 17, 2009, 11:23 PM »

pag sau na ung pond, mas maganda...usually sa amin pag magdedevelop ka ng pond nasa 500k ang isang hectare....pero pag magrerent ka 15k per year sa bandang amin (sobrang mura). s0:

pond rental: 15k/yr
prawnlets: 20k  ( 25 cents/prawnlets)
feeds: 10k(for three months)
caretaker: 10% of the net income

dati rati milyon kinikita ng erpat ko sa isang taon....noong kapanahunan ng el ninyo....ngaun four years nang palaging lugi...swerte na kung magbreak even....eto lang kac alam ng erpat ko pagkakitaan kaya di nya maiwan....ang ending----hingi ng hingi pangpuhuman sa anak na ofw---at ako yun....kainis ubos na ipon ko,,,,,

teka? paano ka malulugi sa ganyan? biruin mo per year 15K rent + 40k feeds + 20k fishlings =75k/year.
para maka-break even ang kailangan mo lang is around 1 ton a year  :watchuthink:
Posted on: Aug 17, 2009, 11:17 PM

^ here i am again. Pasensya na sa enthusiasm ko, excited lang ako magkwento sa fishpond namin.

yup, our prawns presumably grow slower because we are mixing it with the milkfish in a semi-intensive breeding pond(diversification). We prefer the pond ("Hukay lupa") as compared to Cage because aside from the possibility of "diversifying" your products, you can also "control" the environment more as to the salinity (brackish water), pH, and the oxygenation of the water. Besides sa amin naman ang pond so bawas expenses din. May mga katabi rin kami ponds na nirerentahan namin from time to time if the need arises. Ang bilihan ng ready pond/hectare ngayon doon sa amin e around 500k/ha lang. Mura pa sya sa ngayon. We do harvest about 4 x a year sa bangus and about 2x a year for the prawns.

As to the culturing our own fishlings and prawnlets, unfortunately we dont have the technology to do that because that would entail expertise, more intensive care, and risk on our part so we get supplies from reliable/trustworthy breeders that has been in the industry for awhile. Aside from that, im also here abroad and i only entrust everything to my caretaker and relatives and communicate with them regularly thru videoconferencing (haha sosyal!).

as to brokers ang kuha nila sa amin ay depende ranging from 65-85/kilo then benta nila retail around 75-100/kilo may "bidding" din kung sino pinakamataas ang offer among them. depende sa season and weather. :cool2:

as regards kung "masarap" ang bangus namin. haha well, if i say masarap i would be very bias. So far naman palagi pinag-aagawan products namin by the "viajeros" or brokers. So judging from that, it must be masarap.

Ngayon naman nasa abroad ako to save up additional capital for my planned venture of bangus processing/deboning for direct distribution to local markets/malls/groceries provincewide and eventually nationwide and later on possibly entering the export business. Dream "big" kumbaga. :rakenrol:

all in all siguro kung gusto mo mag-umpisa for fishpond business with rented ponds, maybe you can start at about 500k/ha conservative estimate (eg.1.5M for a 3hectares and so on), depende sa location. Tapos ipa-rolling mo na lang ang capital.

hth.

don't worry I was talking about Tilapia :hihi:
four hour work week

Offline dinaren

• Posting Guru
« Reply #13 on: Aug 18, 2009, 02:56 AM »

sabi nung ka-partner ko dati lasang LUPA yung galing sa HUKAY na LUPA.  :hihi: sa HUKAY na LUPA ang bagay talaga prawns IMHO.
if you do still go for bangus or tilapia sa hukay na lupa make sure the taste is good.

^
ooh i must've misinterpreted this. silly me.  :hihi:

Offline SirZap

• Forum Expert
« Reply #14 on: Aug 18, 2009, 04:08 AM »
^^  :hihi:

if you can determine the initial capital and the ROI, prepare an extra 20% to 50% of the initial capital just to make sure in case something goes wrong.

yun sa akin talagang nasa lawa kaya floating cages. hindi naman sa hinahamak yung tilapiang that was bred in HUKAY na LUPA, masarap yung lasa nung sa amin.
sabi nung ka-partner ko dati lasang LUPA yung galing sa HUKAY na LUPA.  :hihi: sa HUKAY na LUPA ang bagay talaga prawns IMHO.
if you do still go for bangus or tilapia sa hukay na lupa make sure the taste is good.

ambilis nung sa inyo... kami 5 to 6 mos.  :)

====================================================

1 more thing, based on experience, it is better to culture your own fishlings and spawning pools. kaya kami nagkandahirap-hirap dahil pangit yung fishlings na nakuha namin before.

yes! because I never said anything about bangus na lasang lupa.  :watchuthink:
four hour work week

PMT Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • mark_Lee: hi im back
    May 22, 2017, 01:51 AM
  • aleishamae: hello everyone! newbie here.
    May 17, 2017, 05:25 PM
  • abdulmuiz141911: can someone help me register sa PSE?
    May 16, 2017, 01:36 PM
  • abdulmuiz141911: greetings of peace mga igan...
    May 16, 2017, 01:35 PM
  • supermom88: Hi there. I'm new in this forum. Good day to all of you.
    May 16, 2017, 07:04 AM
  • Tonisj: May nakakaalam ba dito supplier ng mga gadgets? Balak ko Kasi mag online selling. Thanks
    May 10, 2017, 11:24 AM
  • junedarellhausa: bago lang ako.. how to funds my paypal?
    May 09, 2017, 04:29 PM
  • docg: The position has been filled
    May 08, 2017, 12:52 PM
  • docg: Hello all, am looking for guest speakers for a personal finance event, organized by a student organization, please pm me for more info.
    May 07, 2017, 08:16 PM
  • icycool: So ano po online business nyo ngayon?
    May 05, 2017, 08:19 PM
  • LailanaeSu: New bee pano mag advertise dito?
    May 01, 2017, 03:48 PM
  • iamhilton: hello to all : ) If any question regarding online business i'll do my best para masagot yan : )
    Apr 30, 2017, 03:23 PM
  • allydelacruz: Hi newbie here, baka po may gusto magpasupply sa inyo ng bigas at seafoods dyan, from Obnado, Bulacan po ako.
    Apr 23, 2017, 03:07 PM
  • marison: Hello ..newbie here baka may alam kayo buyer ng lobster madami po kami stock
    Apr 20, 2017, 11:07 PM
  • chloe: hello po ask ko lng if ano proseso n dapat gwin pag transfer ng name sa pag ibig if si 1st owner ay ayaw n i continue ang monthly amprtization nya at si 2nd owner n ang mag cocontiniue need p po b ipa change name agad.?
    Apr 20, 2017, 04:20 AM
  • SiPoorMan: i suggest go to proper forum with regards on your concern Mperalejo
    Apr 19, 2017, 07:21 PM
  • MPeralejo: Is there regulatory body i can contact to complain about SMDC turn over after the company received my full payment
    Apr 18, 2017, 03:09 AM
  • MPeralejo: Very bad management service. I purchase unit in the 18th floor with expected turn over on 4/2016 which was delayed until 2017. I was told that the balance has to be paid off before turn over in January 2017 and paid the balance in full 3/9/17 with request to expedite. The same with my mother in-law's unit at 15th floor which was paid 2 weeks before mine. Until now, they will not turn over the unit and can only provide excuses that the engineering dept. is working on it. My aunt who is our representative/interior designer only has till May 14th to stay in the Philippines to get the units ready for my vacation in Jun 1st but they are now telling me that the turn over will be May 22, 2017 plus 1 week. They have receive our money since 3/9 and my mother in-laws in February, yet they want more than 3 months to turn over. By then, i am out of representative/interior designer that I would have to hire another and not only that, my family and I will not have a place to stay on our vacation therefore, i would need to rent elsewhere. SMDC is not willing to cover my losses nor do they know the meaning of "EXPEDITE". This company is a scam! They want your money and not willing to deliver on time. Is the government not regulating this kind of SCAM! I would rather receive a full refund than deal with this company. Don't buy from SMDC. It will be a nightmare for you!
    Apr 18, 2017, 03:08 AM
  • MPeralejo: Is there a complaint dept for SMDC?
    Apr 18, 2017, 03:07 AM
  • jfitz: Hi everyone! Newbie lang ako pero looking forward to learn personal finance :)
    Apr 17, 2017, 07:14 PM
  • mmel: :hello:
    Apr 13, 2017, 05:15 PM
  • edjr.foro: hi everyone! magshare din ako experience sa small business.
    Apr 10, 2017, 05:16 PM
  • mmel: :hello: :hello: :hello:
    Apr 05, 2017, 05:46 PM
  • anicaxia: Newbie here ✋
    Apr 02, 2017, 09:26 AM
  • jerinaciline: Hahalo
    Mar 30, 2017, 04:37 PM
  • geysanchezp: hi po. sino po kaya may alam ng patahian ng maramihang blouse yung mura lang po ang singil. salamat
    Mar 30, 2017, 10:32 AM
  • freakyserious: hi anyone who knows a supplier of c2s paper in rolls (hindi by ream). thanks!
    Mar 28, 2017, 05:45 AM
  • linmark16: hello po tanong ko lng kung anong magadang pagkakitaan online..
    Mar 25, 2017, 12:07 AM
  • Speedrace2380: Hi,,,isa po ako ofw dito sa saudi arabia,,,sino po may alam sa import export,,,
    Mar 22, 2017, 01:17 AM
  • xpp9392: hi im looking to borrow money please message me
    Mar 18, 2017, 07:32 PM
  • miembrolang: good day po... pahingi po ng link kung saan makikita step by step ng Pag-Ibig housing Loan lalo na ung tungkol sa Notice of Approval. tnx
    Mar 17, 2017, 04:44 PM
  • aiaicamps: hello po..im new user here.,,looking for an ukay ukay supplier,..thanks po..
    Mar 16, 2017, 01:05 PM
  • Markreen: HOw mgstart dto
    Mar 16, 2017, 11:44 AM
  • trepur10: wala rin akong alam :)
    Mar 16, 2017, 06:51 AM
  • Delna: hi im new
    Mar 12, 2017, 07:26 PM
  • Moniika: Paano  ba to  ? Haha
    Mar 12, 2017, 02:05 PM
  • Moniika: Hi guys
    Mar 12, 2017, 02:01 PM
  • Nhedz: Hi po. Newbie here
    Mar 12, 2017, 07:07 AM
  • dylanreggie: hi newbie here
    Mar 11, 2017, 05:58 PM
  • dhondiex27: Morning
    Mar 10, 2017, 08:55 AM
  • dodido1: good morning
    Mar 09, 2017, 06:21 AM
  • johnren110190: hi any tnt ofw in japan? nandito ako ngaun sa japan pero gusto ko mag tnt ang liit kc ng sahod ko legal ako pumasok pero mliit sahod pero ang trabho halos patayan kc construction.baka may pede jn makausap na tnt dto sa japan. salamat
    Mar 06, 2017, 10:25 AM
  • vicentecarandang: Hello everyone,, newbie for some business involvement...Hope to meet lots of investors..
    Mar 05, 2017, 06:10 PM
  • JustChris: hello everyone.. newbie here.  hope to get tips po for investing salamat
    Mar 05, 2017, 05:01 PM
  • Aldrine22: may alam kayo foreclosed house around laguna?super thanks sa sasagot
    Mar 03, 2017, 11:51 AM
  • magpayo.mattew: San po pala pwede iligay ang paypal ko dito? Di ko po makita
    Mar 01, 2017, 08:33 PM
  • magpayo.mattew: Hi newbie lang po
    Mar 01, 2017, 08:30 PM
  • Sacegirl: hello po! bago lang po ako. sana matulungan nyo ako. thanks!
    Mar 01, 2017, 01:40 PM
  • cess245: hello
    Mar 01, 2017, 01:26 PM
  • eme_eme: hello
    Feb 28, 2017, 08:34 PM