PMT Forum
How do you want to make money today?

a profitable business that you have in mind........

prodlinetrading · 83 · 30251

prodlinetrading

• Forum Master 300
can you share your ideas on what profitable or unique business you have in mind? i have several business ideas and i am having a hard time which business i would want to start first.dami kong gusto like importation of innovative medical devices na wala pa talaga dito, meat dealer, medical transcription business (di ko naman alam how i can get clients from abroad), employment agency (for nurses, caregivers and midwives for local empoyment.....parang deployment of private duty nurses), coffee shop, etc....

remus

• Probie
Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2008, 10:45 PM
hi prodlinetrading,

I've been eyeing these business opportunities even before I  took a business degree in college. Unfortunately, it's really hard if you have no source of capital. Here are some things on my mind since i've graduated from college:

1. Livestock raising esp. goats. If you have some idle farmland, you could get into this business with minimal capital outlay. Goats mainly feed on grass, though there are special types that need to be propagated to complete the nutritional requirements of these small ruminants. They are very hardy, not difficult to take care of, and don't smell as much as pigs or chickens.

I know of a Philippine goatraiser's group who are very active in promoting goat meat (I'm a member of their e-group, although as an observer only... :watchuthink:). They even meet with major food companies to promote contract growing opportunities in this venture. Well, this is just the case in the Philippines. Middle Eastern countries who are mostly Islam have high demand for this kind of meat since they don't eat pork and don't have much supply. They have oil in the desert, we have a good agricultural climate. This is BIG business! Actually, some LGUs in the Vis-Min regions have already tapped in these market.

2. Real Estate Investment. After having read two books on real estate by two Filipinos, I became encouraged especially because of their No/Low-Money-Down ideas. We have a folder in this forum where I frequently monitor so I could learn more about it.

3. If you have contacts in the US, you can probably carve a little chunk of the market for outsourced services, especially clerical ones. General/Legal/Medical transcription, creative content and even web/software development are huge areas we can compete on (take a look at: www.rentacoder.com and www.odesk.com). You get a work order/contract with US/European companies and distribute them online to interested people who are willing to do sideline/part-time jobs. You don't even have to invest much, I'd like to think that in this forum alone most members have DSL connections and are technical-savvy. Btw, I'm a web developer so if you pursue this, I can help. :hello:

I have so much more opportunities in my mind right now, but I may be taking lots of space for just one post. You can PM me so we could discuss what's on your mind. I enjoyed crafting business plans during college days so it's become a habit for me to look for hot business opportunities.

HTH,
remus

cjap10

• Forum Expert 600
Reply #2 on: Apr 10, 2008, 07:57 AM
I also want to have a livestock farm. I have planned to start this a few months ago, i-reready ko na ung land namin sa province and I asked my father to look for a trustworthy person who will be in charge of the farm. I won't be able to look after the farm on a daily basis kasi since I am still employed. Unfortunately, wala pa kami nakikita. Hopefully, when there's one we can start it already and by that time mas malaki na capital ko.

prodlinetrading

• Forum Master 300
Reply #3 on: Apr 12, 2008, 09:40 PM
hi! ganda ng business ideas mo. ok nga yang goatraising but i think i need more infos. my mother has a small land in quezon, i think only around 300sqm. do you think that would be enough? the location is a typical provincial area, di pa developed kaya yung mga katabing lots vacant din lang though may mga nakatira din naman near the area. naisip ko dati lagyan ng poultry yun or tilapia farming di ko lang alam kung pano ko aalagaan. i want din kasi na in case magkaron ako ng ganitong business, balak ko direct ibenta sa end user, c and d market para naman may maitulong ako sa kapwa natin pinoy and earning at the same time...maganda din yung sinabi mong ideas sa #3 kaya lang how would you get clients?...kuro kuro tayo malay mo magkaron pa tayo ng business together...thanks a lot

hi prodlinetrading,

I've been eyeing these business opportunities even before I  took a business degree in college. Unfortunately, it's really hard if you have no source of capital. Here are some things on my mind since i've graduated from college:

1. Livestock raising esp. goats. If you have some idle farmland, you could get into this business with minimal capital outlay. Goats mainly feed on grass, though there are special types that need to be propagated to complete the nutritional requirements of these small ruminants. They are very hardy, not difficult to take care of, and don't smell as much as pigs or chickens.

I know of a Philippine goatraiser's group who are very active in promoting goat meat (I'm a member of their e-group, although as an observer only... :watchuthink:). They even meet with major food companies to promote contract growing opportunities in this venture. Well, this is just the case in the Philippines. Middle Eastern countries who are mostly Islam have high demand for this kind of meat since they don't eat pork and don't have much supply. They have oil in the desert, we have a good agricultural climate. This is BIG business! Actually, some LGUs in the Vis-Min regions have already tapped in these market.

2. Real Estate Investment. After having read two books on real estate by two Filipinos, I became encouraged especially because of their No/Low-Money-Down ideas. We have a folder in this forum where I frequently monitor so I could learn more about it.

3. If you have contacts in the US, you can probably carve a little chunk of the market for outsourced services, especially clerical ones. General/Legal/Medical transcription, creative content and even web/software development are huge areas we can compete on (take a look at: www.rentacoder.com and www.odesk.com). You get a work order/contract with US/European companies and distribute them online to interested people who are willing to do sideline/part-time jobs. You don't even have to invest much, I'd like to think that in this forum alone most members have DSL connections and are technical-savvy. Btw, I'm a web developer so if you pursue this, I can help. :hello:

I have so much more opportunities in my mind right now, but I may be taking lots of space for just one post. You can PM me so we could discuss what's on your mind. I enjoyed crafting business plans during college days so it's become a habit for me to look for hot business opportunities.

HTH,
remus
:thankyou: :thankyou:
Posted on: Apr 12, 2008, 09:13 PM
what itatayo mo? if poultry or piggery, pano yung mga waste materials nila? naisip mo na ba how you would take care of that? are there residents in the area na paglalagyan mo?...yan ang isa sa iniisip ko dun sa vacant lot ng mother ko baka mag-reklamo ang neighbors...may nagsabi sa kin na dapat daw you have septic tank for the waste materials ng mga animals kaso kung poultry or piggery di maya-maya puno yun? just curious...could you give me ideas on that?...

I also want to have a livestock farm. I have planned to start this a few months ago, i-reready ko na ung land namin sa province and I asked my father to look for a trustworthy person who will be in charge of the farm. I won't be able to look after the farm on a daily basis kasi since I am still employed. Unfortunately, wala pa kami nakikita. Hopefully, when there's one we can start it already and by that time mas malaki na capital ko.

Posted on: Apr 12, 2008, 09:17 PM
how about pala yung parang direct selling business similar to avon, sara lee, forever living products? i remember kasi when i was still starting with my medical business, i told myself that i would want to put up a company similar to the ones i mentioned, then i would contact local or foreign cosmetic, lingerie manufacturers, manufacture perfumes and colognes etc and all will be exclusively distributed by my company then make a profitable business schemes for my would be dealers.......what do you think? how much do you think would be the smallest capital i will be needing if i start with only a few items?

hi prodlinetrading,

HTH,
remus
:thankyou:

remus

• Probie
Reply #4 on: Apr 13, 2008, 02:39 AM

hi! ganda ng business ideas mo. ok nga yang goatraising but i think i need more infos. my mother has a small land in quezon, i think only around 300sqm. do you think that would be enough? the location is a typical provincial area, di pa developed kaya yung mga katabing lots vacant din lang though may mga nakatira din naman near the area. naisip ko dati lagyan ng poultry yun or tilapia farming di ko lang alam kung pano ko aalagaan. i want din kasi na in case magkaron ako ng ganitong business, balak ko direct ibenta sa end user, c and d market para naman may maitulong ako sa kapwa natin pinoy and earning at the same time...maganda din yung sinabi mong ideas sa #3 kaya lang how would you get clients?...kuro kuro tayo malay mo magkaron pa tayo ng business together...thanks a lot :thankyou: :thankyou:
Posted on: Apr 12, 2008, 09:13 PM

that's great! often, the greatest capital outlay in agricultural ventures is land. since you have 300sqm, that's probably enough to start with (like 1 purebred buck(male goat) and 5 upgraded does(female goats)). goats after reaching maturity, multiply fast -- given adequate care and good conditioning. as long as you can propagate a grazing field within the property, you're ok. once they get numerous, you can find other grazing fields naman since it's in a provincial setting naman. but also keep in mind the land use restrictions kasi di ba may zoning ang city/municipal halls?

i won't say i know these things from experience but with diligent research after being obsessed with the idea, i came to know these. lack of capital and investors nga ang pinakamahirap na part... also, if you want to help our kababayans, you can set up a cooperative and find people who are willing partner with you, like say, for labor (be an industral partner) or additional grazing fields. less investment sa manpower at land on your part. training industrial partners we can provide and ask other goat raisers gracious enough to even provide us with tours within their farm. additional investment can come from government microfinancing, daming programs kasi ni ate Glo na hindi napapakinabangan ng farmers natin e.

on idea #3, marami na kasing mga nag-o-offshore ng support services nila (customer support -> call centers, admin functions -> BPO). If you have friends and relatives in the US who have businesses or who know business people, you can ask them. email or call doesn't matter, there's no harm in asking. be sure what service to offer muna (might need research on services that are high in demand, craigslist?). when they agree, it doesn't have to be a formal agreement although a contract to protect both parties would be necessary, especially if you don't know them directly.

for me, i work with my brother in the US to do websites although sa kanya yung designs and maintenance lang sakin. i'm more of a coder than a graphic person although i want to develop both. siya ang nakikipag-transact sa clients, most of them Filipinos din through joining FilAm and Business organizations, so i don't worry about the business-side, yet. we're planning on expanding our operations here but as of now i'm tied up with my day job and i feel as if i'm not ready to be a leader of sorts.

what itatayo mo? if poultry or piggery, pano yung mga waste materials nila? naisip mo na ba how you would take care of that? are there residents in the area na paglalagyan mo?...yan ang isa sa iniisip ko dun sa vacant lot ng mother ko baka mag-reklamo ang neighbors...may nagsabi sa kin na dapat daw you have septic tank for the waste materials ng mga animals kaso kung poultry or piggery di maya-maya puno yun? just curious...could you give me ideas on that?...
Posted on: Apr 12, 2008, 09:17 PM

@cjap10 i really hope your idea pushes through! :cool2:

I found designs for low-cost biodigesters designed of course by a Filipino engineer (galing talaga ng Pinoy! :rakenrol:). Biodigesters minimize emission of 'yucky' smell and more importantly, provide methane gas that can be used for cooking just like LPG and electricity. I heard from my Dad that when he visited Maya farms during his salesman days, they use poultry and piggery excrement to provide power for the whole farm. malaki raw natipid nung farm na yun sa Meralco bills! the byproduct of the biodigester is a nutrient-rich matter which can be used as organic fertilizer.

prodlinetrading

• Forum Master 300
Reply #5 on: Apr 13, 2008, 12:07 PM

jmreyes

Reply #6 on: Apr 13, 2008, 01:37 PM
Hi,magaling un idea n biodigesters..any idea where we could get a working model or kung meron nang nagbebenta nun..
Posted on: Apr 13, 2008, 12:55 PM
:hello: Hi again! may i suggest a Rice Mill or rice production profit sharing business.Rice nowadays is so in demand,my grandpa in Ilocos mentioned to me that there are some rice buyers(unmilled) who actually partner up with rice mill owners and do profit sharing once the rice is sold.The rice husk the waste after rice milling would be then sold to local hog growers for piggery consumption or be added to construction mix to strenghten the concrete.

remus

• Probie
Reply #7 on: Apr 13, 2008, 02:32 PM
@prodlinetrading & @jmreyes:

when i googled these terms: 'biodigester low-cost' because i already forgot the links, dumami pa ang ganitong mga projects. but first in the search result is the biodigester project i talked about.

the link: http://www.habmigern2003.info/biogas/Baron-digester/Baron-digester.htm
a link in Cambodia: http://www.mekarn.org/procbiod/prest.htm

the problem with Filipino inventors is that they are scared of betting on their ideas or they cannot find investors who are willing and open-minded enough to invest. kaya yun, marami nang gumaya sa atin. God forbid, maunahan pa tayo sa adavncements nila kesa dun sa country na pinanggalingan ng discovery/invention (Phils).
« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2008, 02:34 PM by remus »

breakout

• Probie
Reply #8 on: Apr 13, 2008, 04:22 PM
Hi, Remus

I am starting a small goat farm. Please share or pm the e group. I am interested.
 :thankyou:

CondoInvestor

• PMT Idol 1000
Reply #9 on: Apr 13, 2008, 11:15 PM
 :applause: :applause: :applause: Post nyo din pag nagmaterialize na mga projects nyo.

We need to start getting our feet wet before ma-oblsolete ang mga ideas natin.
Marami na rin akong naitayong business & naisip na idea na NAUNAHAN AKO BEFORE because di ko naman agad naimplement.

Add lang din,  if you have relatives to any part of the globe, marami ring businesses na nasa area nila na pag nauna kang nailagay dito, its a hotcake turn.  So talk to them, yung naisip ko before, nakita ko sa Istanbul, Turkey, di ko nasimulan because lack of capital & busy ako sa Internet Cafe Biz ko before.  Yung nagdala ng TECHNOLOGY here, napakayaman na ngayon & nakikita ko pa minsan sa TV. :D

cjap10

• Forum Expert 600
Reply #10 on: Apr 14, 2008, 08:01 AM

@cjap10 i really hope your idea pushes through!

I found designs for low-cost biodigesters designed of course by a Filipino engineer (galing talaga ng Pinoy! ). Biodigesters minimize emission of 'yucky' smell and more importantly, provide methane gas that can be used for cooking just like LPG and electricity. I heard from my Dad that when he visited Maya farms during his salesman days, they use poultry and piggery excrement to provide power for the whole farm. malaki raw natipid nung farm na yun sa Meralco bills! the byproduct of the biodigester is a nutrient-rich matter which can be used as organic fertilizer.

yep, sana nga. Malaki-laki rin yung lupa namin sa province at gusto ko talaga magkaron ng sarili ko farm, di ko pa lang talaga maasikaso dahil wala pa kami makita trustworthy person na titingin nun para sa amin at siyempre gusto ko rin mapalaki capital ko. You should join the goat-raisers yahoo group and i-share mo yan doon. Baka di pa nila alam yan malaking tulong din sa mga Pinoy na nagreraise ng goats.

remus

• Probie
Reply #11 on: Apr 14, 2008, 11:05 AM
@sir condoinvestor
i really am interested sa real estate but i feel the need to experience how it works.
i'm also thinking na sa dami na ng real estate investors dito sa metro manila, e nabili nyo na lahat ng good deal properties. :D
btw, pwede po ba maki-tag-along sa mga real estate ventures nyo kahit as an observer lang?
need to find real people who do real deals, you know, and not just deals from books... :thankyou:

@all
another agri-business that has low supply in the Phils is honey production. this can work
even in small areas or believe it or not, in the city -- as long as it's beyond the reach of people. low capital but needs a lot of attention. sabi nga sa other thread dito na it's best to start it as a hobby muna.

breakout

• Probie
Reply #12 on: Apr 14, 2008, 03:58 PM
Messrs. Condo_Investor and Remus,

I got your email and pm, respectively. Many thanks.

richest1

Reply #13 on: Apr 19, 2008, 02:47 PM
how about other businesses aside from those related to farming?

sweet_assassin

• Probie
Reply #14 on: Apr 19, 2008, 02:51 PM
hmmm...ako gusto ko business,if ever magkaron ako, yung nasa line ng food ..like resturants and others..
lahat ng tao for sure magugutom at kakaen.. :D
kahit gano na kagipit ang tao pagkumalam ang sikmura for sure kakaen at kakaen tayo...
kaYA i'll go for food...

PMT Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Post only questions or comments here. Advertisements NOT ALLOWED.
  • oragon: :applause:
    May 20, 2019, 03:53 PM
  • FutureGizmo: Thank you for reporting those spam posts, oragon! Spam posts now deleted.
    May 20, 2019, 01:59 PM
  • oragon: Admin kindly monitor some peps! posting and sharing inappropriate nude photos and website links
    May 20, 2019, 01:52 PM
  • @culinary10: Hello I am new here! Regarding sa bdo life insurance for 8 years, pwede pa kaya ma refund yung binayad ko na 50k last year? Gusto ko sana icancel kasi lack of financial na, last may 15 2018 po un nag start ako ng life insurance, pinili ko annually kaso etong may 15 2019 wala nako ma ipay so gusto ko sana icash out, may alam ba kayo kung pano marerefund?
    May 17, 2019, 07:56 PM
  • FutureGizmo: Hi Sonny, the posting issue is now resolved. Thanks for informing us! We're currently testing a new, mobile-ready theme so let us us know kung may problema pa sa Forum. :)
    Apr 04, 2019, 10:40 AM
  • sonny.wapak: Nakaka receive din ba kayo nito pag gawa ng new post? "Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator."
    Apr 03, 2019, 10:56 PM
  • leonine_zafiro: what product nun?
    Apr 01, 2019, 10:25 PM
  • dhondiex27: hi
    Mar 30, 2019, 10:55 PM
  • lusart: jayrob i agree 200%. hulog ng langit organico. legit na legit
    Mar 29, 2019, 09:08 AM
  • palemelch: Hi
    Mar 28, 2019, 04:08 PM
  • O.C.W._AK: Magandang Araw sa Lahat! Blessings! (",)
    Mar 28, 2019, 08:42 AM
  • thor15: hello everyone, newbie here
    Mar 25, 2019, 01:47 AM
  • captjaylo: present newbie here
    Mar 22, 2019, 10:06 AM
  • balboagilbert26: hello Guys .. Newbie here
    Mar 21, 2019, 10:55 PM
  • businesswoman2019: @jefsanity nag inquire na po ako pero di sila nagdidisclose. Yung branch po kasi na target ko, currently building pa.
    Mar 21, 2019, 04:27 PM
  • jefsanity: @businesswoman2019, much better inquire ka na lang sa admin nila.
    Mar 21, 2019, 01:51 PM
  • businesswoman2019: Hello! Any idea how much ang stall sa waltermart. 2m x 2m
    Mar 21, 2019, 08:28 AM
  • John Neil: Looking for an accredited iron foundry
    Mar 17, 2019, 03:19 PM
  • jayrob: Mark_Lee ung organico legit po yan..  Member din AQ..
    Mar 17, 2019, 12:57 AM
  • perlymelad: Hello po! Need advice, why my new MLM leaders failing?
    Mar 14, 2019, 08:51 PM
  • perlymelad: Present
    Mar 12, 2019, 07:53 PM
  • kennethmauricio: Hi saan po dito pwede mag post ng for sale properties?
    Mar 11, 2019, 07:58 PM
  • jefsanity: @mark_lee isipin mo anu passion mo at skills mo...
    Mar 11, 2019, 06:52 PM
  • sniperaj09: BAGO LANG
    Mar 10, 2019, 11:16 AM
  • mark_Lee: magandang investnent ngayon sa 30k suggest naman keo mga boss
    Mar 10, 2019, 03:07 AM
  • perlymelad: E-BOOK PO SIR @JEFSANITY
    Mar 09, 2019, 05:40 PM
  • perlymelad: @jefsanity Good Morning Po
    Mar 09, 2019, 05:39 PM
  • perlymelad: Good Day everyone
    Mar 04, 2019, 06:24 PM
  • jefsanity: anu ang small business na yan?
    Feb 28, 2019, 07:40 PM
  • perlymelad: Good Day Everyone
    Feb 28, 2019, 03:31 PM
  • perlymelad: Hello everyone, CAN ANYONE HELP ME SUGGEST ANY SIDE TOPIC  / PROBLEM OF  STARTING SMALL BUSINESS?
    Feb 28, 2019, 06:58 AM
  • perlymelad: Present, 1st time po
    Feb 25, 2019, 06:17 PM
  • jd2281: newbie po
    Feb 25, 2019, 12:26 PM
  • ejllantino: present... 1st time
    Feb 24, 2019, 07:14 PM
  • rheiel: present. first time
    Feb 24, 2019, 11:04 AM
  • MELVIE: thanks po
    Feb 24, 2019, 12:50 AM
  • steph123: hello po, ask lang po, ilang months po ba ang hihintayin after mo ma process ang mga documents para maitama ang mali sa NSO?
    Feb 11, 2019, 03:13 PM
  • Deborah: newbie here.thanks
    Feb 08, 2019, 02:17 PM
  • marj0503: hello im newbie here
    Jan 31, 2019, 10:53 AM
  • yan24: any one here planning to start a tesda skill training center
    Jan 26, 2019, 12:07 PM
  • manzjon: Forex trading forum
    Jan 25, 2019, 02:16 PM
  • Lizette Ramos: Pwede po bang patulong... Maganda po ba ang gasul retailing business?
    Jan 24, 2019, 09:14 PM
  • Imnobody: Hi sino naghahanap ng casino financer dito?
    Jan 16, 2019, 09:59 PM
  • Odlanyer22: Good day!
    Jan 16, 2019, 09:55 PM
  • maryen: at kung sakaling may somobra sa food na nailuto.. dapat po bang bayaran ng client un .. or ipapa take mo na sakanila?...
    Jan 16, 2019, 03:52 PM
  • maryen: HI! GOOD DAY! newbiz lang po... question lang po regarding sa catering.. if may 50pax po ako dapat lang po ba na sakto ang serving ng food?
    Jan 16, 2019, 03:50 PM
  • mark_Lee: cno na nag organico dito scam po ba yun or legit
    Jan 09, 2019, 03:04 AM
  • kuray08: Have a Prosperous New Year to all..
    Jan 06, 2019, 09:27 PM
  • ethan: Sino po may auto supply business dito? How profitable po ba ito in terms of monthly income? Lalo na kung meron na one or two na competition.
    Jan 04, 2019, 11:34 AM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    Jan 02, 2019, 04:37 PM